AGAT Laboratories

AGAT Laboratories Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Decent temporary job
Logistics Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 23, 2014
Decent job for seasonal job. Learned a lot in receiving and logistics. Very poor management. Can be a hectic job when it gets busy.
poor paying job and expect new staff on a regular basics
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 17, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: pay and hour cuts
typical day is extracting soil, water, and oil samples from other companies and then transferring them into vials. Did learn anything cheimcally, just learned how much and how to do specific analysis. Co-workers are very nice and honest. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing and talking to the co-workers. There is nothing hard about this job, as – more... you don't need any chemical knowledge. Any in high school can do this job. The wage is very poor and you see many people come and go as everyone in the company is searching for a better job with better wage and benefits.

Decent place for just a start, but cannot imagine staying for more than 2 years. – less
Very fast paced environment to work in
Client Project Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 6, 2014
Management and job culture is great but not that much Job Security/Advancement
Good Team
Geological Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 30, 2014
Western basins of Canada Crude Oil and Core Analysis Project,
Gulf of Mexico Crude Oil and Core Analysis Project,
Middle East Crude Oil and Core Analysis Project.
AGAT
Environmental Chemistry Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: the work, tasks
Cons: salary
The company is good but has a little opportunities for advancement in the area am interested in.

I have learned to be efficient in a fast space laboratory work, I have earned more critical skills, problem solving/troubleshooting, and understand more the team work importance.
The team at AGAT is wonderful and we support each other daily to have quality – more... results and a good work environment.

the hardest part of the job is when a major problem, like instruments failure, it can be challenging at the time because the work flow falls back and miss the deadlines, but at the same time I enjoy brainstorming this problems to find a possible answer, and I always get a bigger reward of happiness when am able to solve the problem, it motivates me more. – less
Fast pace always learning
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSNovember 20, 2013
Learn new things every day.
Helping people and the environment to be safe and healthy.
Productive Lab environment
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2013
I had to work in multiple post during my work term. I got to learn about the various testing processes for soil and water samples. I liked the work ethic of the employees in this company.
Re-active instead or pro active
Project Manager / Supervisor (Current Employee), calgarySeptember 22, 2013
Pros: opportunities to learn
Cons: micromanagment
gives you alot of opportunity to learn and develop. Enjoy working here every day there is a new challange
Fast and busy workspace
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 25, 2013
Cons: being a student you have to help everyone and can't say no if oyu are not comfortable with something
- Busy workplace with something to always
- Scheduled breaks
- Some good co-workers but some very rude and straight face
- Management was not excellent but average
- Overall, a great learning experience in every aspect from work to people.
A growing company with little respect for its workers.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Company Headquarters Calgary, ABMay 24, 2013
Pros: good for new grads, immigrants and people new to the field.
Cons: absolutely no job security. pay is smallest in its field.
AGAT Laboratories is a rapidly growing company. It owes its success mainly to its shrewd and frugal labour management practices.

For salary it pays very little to its employees unless you work in sales, finance and upper management. All lab techs, logistic and middle management people make the minimum wage in their field. In the lab all workers except – more... team leads are on contract. The company takes full advantage of this and will cut hours to none or lay people off at a moments notice if there are not enough orders from clients. Everyone on contract does not get benefits. This is essentially 80% of the company's work force.

The work itself is not physically demanding but it is high pressure to get high volume of work orders done and there is a lot of responsibility being shared. You may be asked to stay overtime to get orders done.

Advancement is not even worth it. If you start out in the lab and make it to middle management you are still not making enough money and are just getting involved in a more stressful position. Advancement rarely happens unless management cannot hire someone from outside. There is a high turnover in middle management because it is high stress with little pay.

If on contract you cannot take more than 2 weeks off at a time. In those instances they encourage the worker to resign and there is no guarantee that the worker will be hired back.

Management was getting stricter by the time I left. They did not encourage talking among workers even during slow periods. While management did not go out of their way to make your experience horrible if you were suspected or caught doing something of minor significance your supervisor would be notified and give you a prompt warning.

In closing AGAT Laboratories is the worst in its field. No job security and the absolute worst pay.
On the bright side the work is not horrible and it is a modest start and stepping stone for those just graduating with a degree in science. Just pray that you find something better in the future. – less
Do not have that much benifit for employees
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: not that much
Cons: have to handle chemicals
Good working environment. Good medical benifit. Good for laboratory jobs.
Terrible place to get stuck in.
Management (Former Employee), CalgaryOctober 26, 2012
Pros: oil and gas entry level experiance
Cons: poor management, low compensation, and lack of training
The only thing good about AGAT is that it gives you some Oil and Gas experiance on your resume. The company is poorly managed with little regard for employees. The turn over rates are very high and the general moral is extremely low.
High turnover, low wages, poor management
Supervisor (Former Employee), CalgarySeptember 29, 2012
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: low wages, poor management, high turnover
Highest turnover rate I have ever seen. You are expected to take on responsibilities of employees who quit with no training. Wages are a joke. Expect less than working at superstore or Tim Hortons to start, and many promises that are never kept.
Long working hours with low pay
Analyst/ Data Entry (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: unlimited overtime
Cons: overtime is mandatory
The people and managers are nice, but the management is substandard. The pay is really low for the amount of work that is needed to be done. They dont hire many people leaving us over booked with our jobs.
Not a good place to work.
Former Lab Analyst (Former Employee), edmonton,albertaSeptember 17, 2012
The manager especially Inorganic thinks she is out of the world,too many discrimmination is going on.The lab is not going to last 3-4 years .
friendly staff and good chances of advancement
Project Management Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 13, 2012
pros: Great people, lots of chances to learn and advance. friendly staff.

Cons: contract employment
Hardest and short limit time job
AQM & Logistic Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 17, 2012
This job was the hardest part of the job and short limit time job
Bad place
Lab (Former Employee), MississaugaMay 26, 2012
very low pay, not professional place over worked under paid dont recommend anyone to work there
Senior Prep Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Mississauga, Ontario or Toronto, OntarioMay 22, 2012
- I always start to work morning and before I start to prep all my samples I make it sure my station is cleaned.

- Working in fast paced environment I learned the time management and multi-tasking.

- If I have problem with my co-workers I will talk to him/her.

- When I dumped all our waste chemicals because in our prep station I'm the only one has – more... a mask.

- If we are not too busy just steady and that only happened month of December. – less
I want to find a much better job.
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Agat, Calgary, AB.April 29, 2012
Very fast work environment.
I learned ICP-OES in a Tribology laboratory.
I am satisfied with the managment, but the environment is very dirty.

I met with unfriendly co-workers and got a lots of stress.
The most enjoyable part of the work was to learn new technics to operate ICP-OES.

About AGAT Laboratories

Planet Biopharmaceuticals (formerly Planet Technologies) wants to make it easier to avoid the irritating things in life. The company – Read more