AGAT Laboratories Employee Reviews

Good People and fair
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2017
I enjoyed my time there. I was in IT and the boss was excellent. He actually cared about his workers.
The work I did was interesting considering. Everyone I met was nice.
great fun place to work miss it! :)
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 February 2017
great place to work! fun, great people, gained lots of experience!
hardest part was learning the lab stuff
enjoyable part was the people and my boss
typical work day answer phones file, data entry
A great place to get experience and a friendly workenviroment
Team Lead Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
I had a wonderful experience working with AGAT. The management was always helpful and my co-workers were amazing. They were always willing to give employees new opportunities.
Pros
Good Benifits
would not return for any amout of money
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 January 2017
Staff is treated as expendable, concerns are not addressed, promotions and upward movement dependent on if management is in your social group. No matter how hardworking or knowledgable an individual the raises and promotions only go to managements "friends".
Do not work at AGAT
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2016
This company is poorly ran. The ceo cannot run a company period. Wages are not just low they are pathetic. Other staff members are ok to work with. Foreign employees like myself are racially profiled day one and given tasks accordingly. Management tries to intimidate staff but just look silly trying to look important
Pros
Christmas party.
Cons
Horrendous company to work for
Marketing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 October 2016
Look on glassdoor.com for a comprehensive review.

Poor management, poor HR, poor leadership, poor salary, overworked, the owners are bullies, and the list goes on.
Pros
Absolutely non.
Cons
The entire company!
Productive workplace, great people
Logistics Control Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 May 2016
I enjoyed my time at AGAT Laboratories, as I worked with a great boss and coworkers. I worked in the logistics department and I was responsible for creating work orders for samples, and organizing sample shipments.
Pros
Great boss
Learned a lot
Sample Preparation Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2016
I have got some practical experience and worked with team. Working with scientists provide me real time experience with easy learning tips.
Will miss working there
GRAPHIC DESIGNER & MARKETING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2016
Nice people to work with and interesting industry. Hired as part-time, but quickly moved to 34 hours a week on a permanent basis.
Work in Laboratories is team work and full of responsibilities, skills and knowledge about chemistry, microbiology and environment.
Chemical lab technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2016
Every day is challenging in laboratories. I learn about time management, because it is work of time and money. Every second is important in laboratories. It is about from sample you received till end how you analysis the sample and make reporting to supervisor. the most enjoyable part of this job is you don't realized time how fast its going while you do analysis of sample and other works.
Pros
it is really nice to work in team and we can build our skill and knowledge.
Cons
you have to work with hazardous reagent in laboratories.
An okay workplace for a recent graduate
Environmental Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 December 2015
AGAT hires many students during the summer for co-op. The amount of learning is great however the per hour rate is almost the same as minimum wage.
No Life Balance with Little Pay long hours with no Respect
lab technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 November 2015
AGAT Laboratories is a rapidly growing company. It owes its success mainly to its shrewd and frugal labour management practices.

For salary it pays very little to its employees unless you work in sales, finance and upper management. All lab techs, logistic and middle management people make the minimum wage in their field. In the lab all workers are expected to work long unrealistic hours. If you are willing to break labour standards and work 13 hours a day 7 days a week during peak hours this is the job for you.

The work itself is not physically demanding but it is high pressure to get high volume of work orders done and there is a lot of responsibility being shared. You will have to stay over time and if you cant you will get bullied into it. However if you get any type of stressed out they get mad at you and tell you to get out and will fire you on the spot.

Advancement and raises rarely happens unless management cannot hire someone from outside. There is a high turnover in middle management because it is high stress with little pay.

In closing AGAT Laboratories is the worst in its field. No job security and the absolute worst pay.
On the bright side the work is not horrible and it is a modest start and stepping stone for those just graduating with a degree in science. Just pray that you find something better in the future.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, little pay, no respect, bullied daily, clearly plays favorites
Good work environment but tasks can be repetitive
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 November 2015
Good work environment. Co-workers are friendly and knowledgeable. Company encourages creativity in problem solving. Tasks and projects can become tedious, routine, and repetitive.
nice workplace
Laboratory Technician / Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2015
nice workplace but salary is low. job security is not good because they will fire you or lay-off their worker always. good workplace for newcomers here in Canada.
it has got an amaizing work environment where manager and supervisor are really friendly
Gas lab technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2015
its really a friendly professional working place where i got to learn lot of different methods for analyzing gas samples as well as water samples. manager really looks forward to train all employees.
Pros
events
Cons
12 hours shift
A hard working Determined and friendly place to work
QC TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK8 September 2015
A normal day at AGAT Environmental is receiving, preparing, and analysis of soil and Water samples. The Lab itself is relatively new so Management is often worried, yet more so determined to prove that the lab may be new but not inexperienced or lacking a strong work ethic. The hardest part of working there would be that samples can come any hour of the day and require immediate analysis. However this has taught me stronger time management skills and problem solving on the go. The best part of working there would be the friendly and social staff that are all to willing to give a helping hand.
Pros
friendly staff, free lunches
Cons
in Lloydminster
Learning Experience
Logistics Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2015
The overall job taught me to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Working with co-workers had a positive response allowing support with one another reducing work stress. Management could be better by allowing less pressure on the work site and better relations with one another.
Pros
Co-workers
Favour to worker
Laboratory technicin (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster23 June 2015
Management gives the favor to worker. Lab technician is getting much more pay than laboratory analyst. None of the lab technician have even science background and even don't have more than a year experience still they give promotion to them. Don't apply in Lloydminster location ever. They don't have a value of the worker who has knowledge.
Cons
Long hours without paying overtime
Great starter job, but not very much room for advacement
Client Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 June 2015
Great starter job if you're right out of college or university. Felt overworked and underpaid and under appreciated. Often worked long hours during the busy season and often ended up taking work stress home with me.
Benefits
Cons
Salary, Long hours, Stress
Great Team
Lab technician (Former Employee) –  Missisauga15 March 2015
AGAT is a relatively small company so had a chance to learn multiple instruments, tests as well as about multiple products.
Management was great, they knew how to get the job done from fewer employees on timely priorities. Coworkers were great, easy-going and helped a lot on sometimes-monotonous jobs.
Most Enjoyable part of the job was that I got to learn a lot in very small time. I was trusted to new positions and I did not let my management down.
Pros
job rotations helped in learning multiple instruments
Cons
location was far

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AGAT Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5