African Lion Safari Employee Reviews

It was my very first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 April 2016
It was long hours. But it was good hours despite the long standing. The pay was terrible way back then when I worked there however I did not focus on pay. I loved meeting people from all over the world though. I worked terribly long hours with lunch which is illegal.
Pros
Meeting people from around the world
Cons
Long hours with no lunch break
Difficult management
African Lion Safari (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 March 2016
My experience at this place was not as planned, my coworkers were great people and easy to approach. The management staff and supervisors were terrible and I have never worked with more difficult managerial staff before.
Cons
Bad Staff
fun work in a good industry
Marketing/Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 March 2016
if you don't mind working weekends this is a great place to work. great management but little potential for full-time work.
Fun, welcoming, and enjoyable atmosphere
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 October 2015
Very rewarding work experience. The days can seem busy and crazy, but the people you work with always make it fun and a good time.
Great summer job
Ticket Booth Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 September 2015
Amazing staff, great environment.
Some customers were difficult, but there was always help provided from other staff members. It was a strong team environment and everyone worked great together both of the years I was there.I was hired on ticket booth, but got to work in a few other departments and overall it was a great experience.
Great place to work in the summer.
Ticket Booth (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 August 2015
You are always working and interacting with people
co- workers are always friendly
working in a zoo is always fun, being in a different environment always makes your day better.
Pros
paid lunches, great management and co workers
Cons
no ending time, long hours, decent pay.
Fast -paced, enjoyable workplace
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 January 2015
There are a variety of positions that are done at the Safari. I worked in the food service sector of the park. I am the type of person who likes to keep busy or I start getting into mischief, there is no shortage of work at the safari there are lots of opportunities to work in multiple places of the park, and most are all enjoyable. Working with people who are younger and older than myself have helped me understand and have a great respect for people.
The people there are great to work with and as long as you do your job fast and efficiently they will have no problem with you working along side them.
The hardest part of the job is not getting dirty. Working with different types of food and machinery can get someone pretty dirty really fast.
The management was always done there job to the best degree possible and accommodates everyone no matter staff or customer with equality and respect.
Pros
Working and serving a wide variety of ethnicities
Cons
Breaks are far and few
fun place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 December 2014
this was a great first job, taught me a lot about keeping the customers happy. i was a face painter there so i got the chance to be creative at work and have fun with it. had an amazing time working with the staff and building long term friendships. this is a seasonal job but it was a great place to work over the summer!
Fun workplace
Pool/General Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 July 2013
With no previous knowledge of how to run a water park, I was trained to understand how everything works - from controlling the chemical levels to the workings of the pumps and valves to the regular maintenance of all the structures involved. My coworkers were very compatible, making it very easy to complete many tasks effectively through teamwork. Management was strict, but were very knowledgeable and provided great learning opportunities for myself as well as others. The hardest part, but also the most rewarding part, were the long hours; at least 10 hours a day. Each day was tiring, but the potential for overtime hours was worth it.
Experience of a Lifetime
parks staff, animal attendant, general labour (Current Employee) –  Cambridge/ Hamilton, Ontario16 August 2012
Worked in the parks department as an animal attendant. I got to see and work with a wide variety of animals on a daily basis as well as ensuring the safety of animal-human/ human-animal interaction.
Minimum Wage, with some limited opportunity for advancement. If you are hoping to make a lot of money, probably not the job for you - over-time is rarely given. But the experience is worth it at all times.
Pros
on busy weekends- happy hour, animal interaction, new knowledge on a daily basis, variable work environment with a variety of different positions to fill
Cons
minimum wage, supervisors can be lazy and disorganized, lack of praise and recognition for hard-work from upper-management, minimal opportunities for advancement

2.6