African Lion Safari Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great summer job
Ticket Booth Cashier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Amazing staff, great environment.
Some customers were difficult, but there was always help provided from other staff members. It was a strong team environment and everyone worked great together both of the years I was there.I was hired on ticket booth, but got to work in a few other departments and overall it was a great experience.
Great place to work in the summer.
Ticket Booth (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 6, 2015
Pros: paid lunches, great management and co workers
Cons: no ending time, long hours, decent pay.
You are always working and interacting with people
co- workers are always friendly
working in a zoo is always fun, being in a different environment always makes your day better.
Fast -paced, enjoyable workplace
Server and Cashier (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: working and serving a wide variety of ethnicities
Cons: breaks are far and few
There are a variety of positions that are done at the Safari. I worked in the food service sector of the park. I am the type of person who likes to keep busy or I start getting into mischief, there is no shortage of work at the safari there are lots of opportunities to work in multiple places of the park, and most are all enjoyable. Working with people who are younger and older than myself have helped me understand and have a great respect for people.
The people there are great to work with and as long as you do your job fast and efficiently they will have no problem with you working along side them.
The hardest part of the job is not getting dirty. Working with different types of food and machinery can get someone pretty dirty really fast.
The management was always done there job to the best degree possible and accommodates everyone no matter staff or customer with equality and respect.
fun place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 19, 2014
this was a great first job, taught me a lot about keeping the customers happy. i was a face painter there so i got the chance to be creative at work and have fun with it. had an amazing time working with the staff and building long term friendships. this is a seasonal job but it was a great place to work over the summer!
Fun workplace
Pool/General Maintenance (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 13, 2013
With no previous knowledge of how to run a water park, I was trained to understand how everything works - from controlling the chemical levels to the workings of the pumps and valves to the regular maintenance of all the structures involved. My coworkers were very compatible, making it very easy to complete many tasks effectively through teamwork. Management was strict, but were very knowledgeable and provided great learning opportunities for myself as well as others. The hardest part, but also the most rewarding part, were the long hours; at least 10 hours a day. Each day was tiring, but the potential for overtime hours was worth it.
Experience of a Lifetime
parks staff, animal attendant, general labour (Current Employee), Cambridge/ Hamilton, OntarioAugust 16, 2012
Pros: on busy weekends- happy hour, animal interaction, new knowledge on a daily basis, variable work environment with a variety of different positions to fill
Cons: minimum wage, supervisors can be lazy and disorganized, lack of praise and recognition for hard-work from upper-management, minimal opportunities for advancement
Worked in the parks department as an animal attendant. I got to see and work with a wide variety of animals on a daily basis as well as ensuring the safety of animal-human/ human-animal interaction.
Minimum Wage, with some limited opportunity for advancement. If you are hoping to make a lot of money, probably not the job for you - over-time is rarely given. But the experience is worth it at all times.