AFL

AFL Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
DON'T WORK HERE
sales rep (Former Employee), bcMay 17, 2014
Seems good to start, until you don't get paid. I have a complaint against them with Employment Standards as they owe me over $1000. It's been 10 weeks since I worked for them and still no money even though they admit they owe me.
Probably the worst place I have ever worked
installer (Former Employee), BCMarch 18, 2014
Cons: its all bad
Does not recognize some BC stat holidays.
Takes $ 50.00 per month from pay check for training.
Poor to little training or support from manager.
Lost personal information.
Cheap, pay sucks and they blame it on Telus.
Local management has no idea, employees are thrown under the bus in front of other employees.
Challenging, Rewarding
Location Manager (Former Employee), St.Thomas, Ontario CanadaApril 29, 2013
Pros: making the plant a success
I was the plant manager of our company plant and I really enjoyed this responsiblity. It was very challenging and very rewarding.
Excellebt Experience
Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee), Duncan, SCJanuary 13, 2015
Continually learning new thing. How to handle the decision making process under pressure. The management teams work together to accomplish the goal at hand. Everyone works together to help one another professionally and personally.
Knowledge
Telecom Tech (Current Employee), Homewood, ALJanuary 7, 2015
Management was great
Didn't like the hours
Co-workers are amazing train you very well
Love the Job Security/Advancement and Management.
Administrative Data Analyst (Current Employee), Duncan, SCDecember 3, 2014
I spend most of my days updating and creating excel spreadsheets. I also use Oracle to place sale orders from Customers. I update and create bids for our Customers. Since I have been here, I have learned how to use Oracle BI system and become more efficient in Access. I have the best management team and the co-workers are friendly.
Telecom Company
Quality Auditor and Service Engineer (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDNovember 13, 2014
In charge of quality compliance for the Lucent installation team encompassing the entire state of Pennsylvania. Also, installed telecommunication systems including fiber optic cable, AC/DC power plants, routers, 5ESS, system bays etc. This was primarily in Pennsylvania but also in Maryland and New Jersey
Employment and Training Specialist
Employment and Training Specialist (Former Employee), Wisconsin Rapids, WIOctober 21, 2014
Pros: working with people from various back grounds to make a difference in their lives
Cons: not knowing whether there would be funds to continue the program
A typical day included meeting with clients to review their needs.
tech
Contractor (Current Employee), GreensboroSeptember 4, 2014
Excellent communication company to work for. This company is located through out the United States.
worst company ever stay away!!!
Tech II (Former Employee), charlotte, ncJune 29, 2014
Pros: nothing!
Cons: no work and lies
Please stay away! They will hire anybody and then send you emails saying that there is no work and it can a couple days or weeks with out pay. If you are in the charlotte area stay away They are liars! They only want money for themselves and do not care about anybody else and if you are looking for advancement...not a chance they have not given one in years.
Terrible Place To Work, Please Avoid!
Technician II (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2014
Cons: lies, lies!!!!
AFL was behind on a major job, they were hiring experienced techs as fast as they could to get caught up and complete the project. At the time they were bidding on 3 other major jobs, in which they received none of the projects. When the job I was working was completed, everyone whom was hired at that time were all released.
Lies, lies and more lies is all we got...

STAY AWAY!!!!
Horrible company.
staff accountant (Former Employee), norcross, gaJune 3, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: too much turnover in accounting
I worked as staff accountant and the four years I worked at Alta/Afl it was constantly changing managers. Very depressing. Low pay. I left and in a great job now with increase in salary 38% with great benefits, less stress and I get to see family and friends more often.

Keep looking. Very poor leadership at Sr. level and poor or no communications.
An interesting place to work
Engineer (Current Employee), Duncan, SCMay 14, 2014
AFL makes a number of very interesting products and is very focused on customer satisfaction. At times it might seem that internal policies are focused on customers first, safety second, and then the product.

All in all, the company culture is a good one but turnover is high within manufacturing and specialty products seem to be the rule rather than the exception.
ALL BUSSINESS
INSTALLER - L4 AFL/CIENA (Current Employee), USAApril 16, 2014
Pros: good acommodations
Cons: very litle time to complete jobs.
LIKE OTHER PROJECTS, VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS WORKING TOGETHER TO COMPLETE THE JOB.
Great Perferred vendor for WFB
Site Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2014
This company is a preferred vendor for Wells Fargo, Company name changed since I worked for them 15 years ago. Formerly Carolina Comtec for First Union
Good job with excellent benefits.
Radio Frequency Tech I (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GADecember 8, 2013
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: location
Good job with excellent benefits. Great pay. The location was not convenient. Learned a lot. Pleasant experience.
Productive work place
CEO (Former Employee), Ahmedabad GujaratNovember 13, 2013
It was a productive days work. Had to motivate the sales force in selling excavators and crushers in the state of gujarat.
Much consideration for employees
CIO (Former Employee), El Monte, CANovember 2, 2013
Pros: free lunch and dinner
Cons: too much walking
Team work was highly influential to other employees. The environment was motivating and we received much recognition for all our hard work.
Life Changer
System Administrator (Former Employee), Chennai, IndiaOctober 22, 2013
It gave me an opportunity to improve myself in my field (IT). Lot of good friends i got in this place
Enjoyable, great time,Influential,Eye-Opening
Cio Investment Trust Corporation (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 15, 2013
Pros: networking. friendly environment.
Cons: i had to return to high school for my senior year.
Working at the Afl-Cio was a high point in my life.I just recently came off a career ending injury from football. From networking with a few people I was presented an opportunity to try a different style of life as a young working man for a summer. The experience I received working and being there was an eye opener for me My thoughts on a 9-5 job changed, and my perception of co-workers and management were still in tact. I learned how to be a team player and take criticism from football so the transition was not that bad. The hardest part of my job at 17 was staying fully focused on my computer task I had.The most enjoyable part of the job was sitting in on meetings and listening and watching how everyone conducted themselves.

About AFL

AFL is an industry leader in providing fiber optic products, engineering expertise and integrated services to the many industries. – Read more