Are you looking for the opportunity to combine your attention to detail, ability to learn quickly and love for working on something different all the time?
Affinity Welding & Design is an established growing company that specializes in custom fabricated structural steel products and is looking immediately to hire a hard working Welder-Fitter who is passionate about welding and fitting and enjoys working as part of a team.
This position has the potential to earn between $16-$22/ hour depending on experience.
The successful candidate will:
- Operate metal fabrication equipment in compliance with company operating procedures using welding processes such as gas metal arc (GMAW), and metal core arc (MCAW).
- Produce a variety of parts from shop drawings to conform to specifications.
- Read and interprets blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Maintain an inventory of materials used for fabrication
- Participate in workplace safety, environmentally sound and healthy behaviors and objectives at all times in support of Affinity Welding & Design’s Health and Safety Policy/ Programs and best practices.
- CWB Certified and 5 years experience in a related field
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints and welding process specifications
- Thorough understanding of tool design and fabrication methods and processes.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, reworks process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals and MSDS labels.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
- Proven ability to complete repairs/service within established time guidelines in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with own mode of transportation
Please apply with your resume and licensing information in person between the hours of 8:00am-4:00pm to 273 Gunn Road, fax (204)-589-6298, or email applications via indeedjobs.