Aetna

Aetna Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and comfortable atmosphere
Jr. DotNet Developer/Tech Infrastucture Specialist (Former Employee), Hartford, CTNovember 6, 2014
Productive and comfortable atmosphere.

The work is clear. The managers and project coordinators were very firm but easy to deal with. My co-workers were very nice and easy to get along with.
Great company to work for.
Member Services (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Unfortunate the project I was apart of was not as organized as it could have been by management and they would not take new ideas from associates. The project I was part of was the launch of Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care.
Extremely fast paced environment that drives change
Appeal Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2015
Transitioned from state to commercial insurance and have learned a wealth of knowledge!
Productive and energetic day
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: very nice and spacious place to work
On a daily basis responsibilities are to obtain required documentation in compliance with governmental and commercial requirements. Processed prior authorizations request from doctors and pharmacist to determine medication coverage..Screened and reviewed requests based on benefit plan design client specifics and clinical criteria
Fast pace, yet stable for the most part. In the right department, great career job!
Customer Service Represtative/ Case Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits, employee perks, stable for the most part.
Cons: can be overwhelming, especially when you have excess of what you can take in a day.
Within my department it's always something to do to stay busy, which definitely helps the day to go by. From the start to finish you log in and you work you assignments for the day you log out only to take lunch and then you must log back in. All of the work is managed from you assigned log in.

I have learned various processes, from shared folder files in MS outlook, to medical data recording software such as advancer. We are trained to work with duel monitors and operate and utilize multiple programs at once.

Management, for the most part is hands off but everything is monitored through work logs. Every file and account you touch are documented. Time tracking is used to record accuracy and the amount of time it takes to finish a process.

Co-worker, tend to work as a unit as a piece to a bigger whole. We work our assignments, some cover different accounts and some are purely responsible as "floaters" filling in gaps where help is needed.

Hardest part of the job, is covering for ill or call out employees. The work load is increased for the employee responsible for covering the co-worker that is out, whom is not only responsible for his/her own work but the ill/called out employee.

Plenty of work is the best thing about the job. There seems to always be something to do and definitely helps your day go by faster, which is a plus for me at least.
Good Benefits
Group Life Products Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: company contribution to savings
I enjoyed working for such a large company and their contribution to my 401K. The benefits were awesome. The work environment was disciplined and work monitored on frequent basis. High demand for quality which is to be expected at a nationally renowned company such as this. Employees encouraged to grow in their jobs and stay current on the many changes that occur on a frequent basis in this industry. Outside education on job related skills strongly recommended.
Great people
Customer Service (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 21, 2015
As a member services provider I handled inbound calls for Aetna Insurance members regarding their claims, account status, payment history, etc. Also helped members with online/mobile registration.
productive
Customer Service, Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), New Albany, OHJanuary 21, 2015
always on the go as soon as I hit the door
enjoyable
enjoyed my employees
Healthy work place
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 21, 2015
Well defined management structure. Supports multi culture environment.
Sr. Management direction and support help grow professional & personal carrier.
Great opportunity to learn with virtual teams across different timezone.

Nice to be part of a winning team.
COBRA Support is horrible
Contractor (Former Employee), NONEJanuary 20, 2015
Cons: complete misrepresentation
They do not process you COBRA immediately. You have to wait weeks and then you have to call in to get your account fixed.

AETNA and its division PAYFLEXDIRECT SUCKS.

I have learned that you pass difficult calls to another person. That you do not help anyone.
Big Promises of Development, but Big Lack of Follow-up & Direction
Audit staff (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: benefits, if really bad weather - work from home
Cons: downtown parking especially after dark, the vp department management, the tight deadlines, the absent minded bosses.
Watching your back to make sure that Portfolio Manager is up to speed and not clueless, as usual. Mine barely remembers meeting or if PM does - at least 10-15 minutes late. The Boss, the department VP, needs to put PM in charge of one section. The PM needs to focus on the PM's first love - Medicaid and let the other section get a new PM.

The company talks a great game about developing our current staff, but it's all talk. Which should be great for someone in the public looking for a job, cause Aetna seems to hire 90% of the jobs posted on our company website from outside the company. I still work at Aetna for the last 5 + years, but this audit department leadership (VP) is the worst of all of the Aetna departments that I have worked. Hopefully the VP will get promoted out of the department, the VP would be in that 10% bracket.
Big on Culture
Disability Benefits Manager (Former Employee), Plantation, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: large organization
Cons: health benefits too expensive
Aetna is big on culture and health. They try to motivate and challenge their employee in health advancement. Aetna can be a fun place to work based on the nature of your job, if you can handle a heavy workload you should not have a problem in that envoronment.
Overall good company
Vendor Relationship Manager/Project Lead (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day evolves around Call Center activity, processing of new healthcare membership through the Marketplace, Conference Calls, Systems Administration, addressing escalated issue, and process improvements that are being released for production. In addition, also engage in internal/external audit processes.
productive
Underwriting Support Analyst (Former Employee), Blue BellJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: bonuses, free lunches, meeting agents
Aetna was very productive and fulfilling as an underwriter support analyst, I learned how to work in a fast pace environment, I enjoyed the daily communication with brokers and clients while gathering the missing information need to complete the cases going to the underwriter.
Very unorganized absolutely the worse
Client Service Rep (Former Employee), Downers Grove ILJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: insurance is ok
Cons: short lunch and glued to your seat high stress level!
Assist agent with applications and billing questions. All other complex issue. Learn nothing no chance for advancement. Management is absolutely horrible no support. Don't show any appreciate for employees. Most of the coworkers were nice working with. High turn over everyone quit or looking for another job outside the company. Hardest part of job is not being able to help a agent because another department has not fixed a problem. Lots of system issues. Most enjoyable part is the friendship you develop.
Aetna is great to work at
Underwriting Unit Leader (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: the benefits
Cons: work/life balance
The job was extremely stressful and always late hours. It was awesome. My team was awesome and management was awesome. The hardest part of the job was finding balance for family life and the job itself. The best part was my boss, she was so great!
Seems as a Fair and considerate employer
Network Acct. Manager (Current Employee), Miami DoralJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: telework opportunities
I worked for Coventry which was recently aquired, therefore, I do not have much input on company.AETNA seems to have positive work enviiornments and many growth opportunities. It has many products in which you can learn and become more marketable.
Excellant Working Enviorment
Provider Relations Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 30, 2014
Excellent work environment which allowed me the opportunity to demonstrate my skills and talents. I enjoyed working with providers across the Philadelphia region, and across other counties providing them with training and education as it relates to the Medicaid policies and procedures and reimbursement. I found it to be very rewarding when my team resolved provider related concerns.
My co-workers and I were very happy with the management team which made the entire team work together in making sure that we met departmental and company goals.
not a fun place to work
Claim Benefit Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 30, 2014
everything they tell you in the interview is not true, the pros are you can flex however you have to be off of audit, to get overtime or a bonus you have to be at 10 claims an hour which is impossible
fast paced employer
Customer Service (Former Employee), New Albany, OHDecember 29, 2014
Great place to work. Not a flexible position in customer service, but if you can advance the possibilities are great. Great people, difficult industry.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aetna

Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape health care for America and across the globe. – Read more

Aetna Photos