Aetna

Aetna Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent company to work for!!!
MEMBER SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 19, 2014
Pros: great work environment, supportive management team, decent pay
Cons: none that i can think of.
I worked for Aetna for over four years and regretted leaving them. Their management style creates a stress-free environment where employees are valued and developed. They are a great company to work for and I would go back in a second.
Great Place to Work
Provider Svc Rep, Inside Sales Agent (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunity
Cons: healthy living is really wanted/enforced
Training is top notch. they really want you to know everything and give you the tools needed to easily complete your job. Fast paced but manageable. Lots of opportunities to advance or move on.
Fast paced environment that keeps you on your toes
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: adequate pto
Cons: high stress
This is a call center position which taught me how to maximize my time management skills. Management standards are met and co-workers are professional. This job requires the ability to resolve complex claim payment disputes using multiple resources to interpret contractual agreements.
Aetna Review
Customer Service/Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 9, 2014
My overall opinion of the company is simple I have no idea who I really work for. Aetna acquired the company Coventry and as with any acquisition changes are expected but the changes within the company are actually going from bad to worst and before my performance becomes negative because of my dissatisfaction with the company I would rather part. I – more... like helping other but I do not like bias, or dishonesty within leadership. – less
My experience with Aetna Insurance.
QM Consultant-LPN (Former Employee), Chicago, IlinoisJuly 5, 2014
I worked as an agency nurse for Aetna Insurance and I enjoyed my work from home position.
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 5, 2014
Pros: team incentives
Cons: the insurance plans/cost.
The feel that you get when the customer/supervisors are pleased with your work. Having the greatest team to work with, each learning from what the other knows about how to handle the calls proficiently and accurately. Supervisor and manager as well as the team leads showing/helping you with the different calls.
Customer Service
Associate Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJuly 3, 2014
Overall I love my position at my job, still looking for a part time position.
Productive and a very fun work place
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), moon townshipJuly 2, 2014
Pros: the management
Cons: the parking
My time working at Aetna was great. The training class was detailed and they really take you in as a new employee. I love the location and the atmosphere. I also enjoyed the events held with the job. The staff at the kitchen were always helpful.
Reorganize
Claims Benefit Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 30, 2014
Company reorganized and positions were eliminated. Other than that it was a good job just doesn't have job security.
Aetna Review
Senior claims processor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasJune 27, 2014
Skills
• Reviewed and adjudicated routine claims in accordance with claim processing guidelines.
• Extensive research in standard medical, hospital, legal and plan sponsor guidelines to ensure compliance in payment of claims while maintaining production and quality goals.
• Calls and claims departments cross-trained.
• Became a customer service representative.
 – more... Handled customer service inquiries and problems via telephone or written correspondence. Position was within high volume Call Center Environment.
• Answered calls from both members and providers.
• Handled incoming requests for appeals and pre-authorizations not handled by Clinical Claim Management.
• Determined medical necessity, applicable coverage provisions and verified member plan eligibility relating to incoming correspondence and internal referrals.
• Explained member's rights and responsibilities in accordance with contract.
• Used applicable system tools and resources to produce quality letters and spreadsheets in response to inquiries received.
• Multiple special projects completed for various TRS Team Leads and Claim Managers.
• On the floor auditor for new processors just released from training.
• Overlooked their work and provided coaching, mentoring and training.
• Set draft authority recommendations.
• Audited claims in accordance with processing guidelines prior to claim release for payment.
• Took over the oral surgery/dental processing.
• Centralized all processing of oral surgery claims into one unit and helped to establish TRS as a dedicated account in dental/oral surgery.
• Developed spreadsheets to keep track of all related claims and for use as a tickler and guide for CSR questions, especially useful for preds, which are non-processable.
• Developed a consistency in claims payments and denials.
• Worked closely with patient management, Dental UM and plan liaison and network manager in relation to claims payment & referrals.
• Became a teleworker March 2009. – less
producting
Supervisor Call Center Rep, SRC (Current Employee), 221 dawsonJune 27, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
I am new to Aetna
Senior Integrated Service Specialist (Current Employee), Newark, DEJune 26, 2014
Pros: benefits, programs, and incentives
Cons: n/a
My previous company was migrated with Aetna. I enjoy all of Aetna's benefits they offer. I am still transitioning into the Aetna way, and so is my previous company Coventry Healthcare.
Case Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJune 18, 2014
Pros: great hours. great manager
Cons: benefits could be better
Assisting the retired population with TRS in all aspects of their care.
good benefits
Claim Benefit Specialist (Former Employee), High Point, NCJune 17, 2014
flexiable work schedule with good benefits and incentives.
Productive and fast paced enviornment.
Claims and Benefits (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJune 17, 2014
Pros: good enviornment, no nonsence, fast paced, very grounded
If you don't know anything about insurance once your finished with training you will know benefits and even hoe to pick your own package better.
This company did not provide opportunity for advancement. Work life balance was not there. Once in a position, you were pretty much stuck there.
Health Coach Associate I (Former Employee), AtlantaJune 16, 2014
Pros: work at home
Cons: no flexibility or potential for growth
Constantly receiving inbounds or making outbound calls. LPN's are not valued as clinically competent.
Looking back, I wish I never left!
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 16, 2014
Pay was excellent, mgmt. was ok to deal with, and if you did your job well there's lot of various projects you can do that will expand your knowledge.
good company
Case manager, dedicated unit for Costco (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 11, 2014
Work load manageable but contract was not guaranteed. Responsibilities for the case manager included discharge planning and coordination of services with multiple disciplines.
Governemnt Program Review
Grievance and Appeal Coordinator for Part C&D (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 8, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: sometimes micro-managed to much
This company is an excellent company to work for as they genuinely care about their employee's. They have almost a limitless supply of job opportunities as well as having excellent benefits.
Sr. Plan Sponsor Service Consultant (Current Employee), New Albany, OHJune 5, 2014
Casual dress on most days. Flexible schedule depending on schedule. Encourages diversity,

1 2 3 4 5

About Aetna

Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape health care for America and across the globe. – Read more