STATUS: FULL TIME 3-MONTH CONTRACT WITH POSIBILITY OF BECOMING PERMANENT
SALARY: $36,000 - $36,500
BENEFITS: Full health benefits + RRSP (if employment becomes permanent)
ESSENCE OF THE ROLE
The front desk receptionist plays a key role in our organization as she presents the first impression of the organization to clients and customers. The Receptionist is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support in order to ensure that organizational services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
1. Answer the phone and take messages (Lucent system) approx. 50 calls per day.
2. Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries; Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
3. Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring quest logbook
4. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
5. Receive and distribute faxes and mail.
6. Receive, distribute and send documents and/or package.s
7. Maintain telephone lists.
8. Reserve and prepare the conference room for meetings.
9. Perform various office duties as needed.
10. Check registers (when the executive assistant is not available)
11. Inventory: Office supplies and refreshments.
12. Perform other administrative/receptionist duties as required by office personnel.
Certificate of Insurance: Maintain spreadsheet with contractor’s insurance coverage’s and policy expirations. Contacting contractor’s for renewal of expired certificates and corrections/additions to be made on the certificate. (File electronic and physical).
Inspection reports/certificates: Maintain spreadsheet to ensure all reports and certificates are up to date and ensure that deficiencies have been corrected. Ensure all files (physical & electronic) are complete (invoice, certificate of insurance, purchase order, certificate and report). (File electronic and physical).
Contracts: Created and maintain spreadsheet to ensure all contracts are up to date and for those expiring send a notification/reminder to the person in charge that the contract is coming to an end and needs to be renewed. (File electronic and physical).
Taxes: Maintain spreadsheet to ensure all payments are made. (File physical & electronic).
Utilities: Maintain electronic folder of utility invoices (property management).
Codification binder: Update on occasion (2-3 times a year).
North Cargo Parking & Access Codes: Maintain (spreadsheet & security system) and provide parking stickers and access codes to employees at our North Cargo Facility.
Small projects for property management, such as: Punch lists, correcting invoices, final quittances, review and make necessary corrections to documents, some translation of documents.
SEFA Security Clearance: Scanned all contractor/employee forms, saved them in electronic folder. Send documents via email and local courier for verification. Maintained a spreadsheet to keep track of dates when the documents were sent, when confirmation of clearance was received etc.
North Cargo Parking: Reorganization of North Cargo Parking binder. Updated and reorganized parking excel spreadsheet (back up to control system). Re-created parking form templates for North East & ITW parking. Collected each employee’s vehicle information. Assigned parking stickers to all employees. Visited each tenant to hand out parking stickers. (In the process of creating a manual on how to use/log information in control system).
North Cargo Control System/Access Codes: Entered each employee’s information including vehicles into control system. Assigned access codes to all employees. Sent to each tenant/supervisor a spreadsheet containing employee access codes to distribute within their office.
Fire Safety Plan: Re-created emergency tenant contact list, entered all emergency contact information. Uploaded renewed inspection certificates.
KEY AREAS OF FOCUS:
Provide administrative support to property management and reception duties.
1. Bilingualism is essential;
2. 2 to 3 years experience in a similar position;
3. Knowledge of Word and Excel;
4. Comprehension of workplace professionalism;
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
6. Organized and autonomous;
The position will work in a general office setting.