Aerotek Employee Reviews

Summary
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2015
a typical day includes in bound and out bound calls, computer work, emails, customer and client interaction and relationship building
Temp Agrency
Administration Temp (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2015
They always managed to find me work and I was able to work at some very interesting places. Working with excel and word daily helped build more of my skills.
Great Entry level job
Customer Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Canada21 January 2015
This a company that's great for entry level professionals who don't always know what they want to do. The expectation is that you'll work hard and play hard, but the play never comes if you don't fit their mould perfectly. And you really do work hard. It was a great learning experience, but at some point, you want to spend time with you family and friends, or actually enjoy your vacation instead of checking in at the end of each day.
Competitive and intense
VMS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2015
Highly competitive
Very fast paced
Great people
Very open to feedback
Mentoring
High energy

Learned the entire process of recruiting
High level customer service skills
Problem solving

Hardest part:
High stress, fast paced, intense
Pros
High energy
Cons
some what ok place to work for
Counter Balance Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississiauga11 January 2015
They are slow to return your call , when you need to talk to the person who sent you to a job you end up having to talk to some one else .
Pros
no commet
Cons
no comet
Sales driven environment with an outgoing culture fit
Professional Services Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 January 2015
I have excelled in several HR related skills since my time of being here. I have had the pleasure to meet several great people including employees, clients and contractors. It has been an excellent place to work upon graduating from HR, however; it is not a long term fit for me due to a few unecessary stressors. I also strongly believe in work life balance and it is very tough to receive that within this organization.
Pros
phone allowance, mileage expense, lunch expense, growth
Cons
no work life balance, high stress, commission based compensation
Not great
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON12 November 2014
This was not a great environment to work in. I experienced inappropriate behavior from the boss and his son. They were very disorganized. I did not get paid for 8 weeks and when they did it was grossly short of the actual amount.
Cons
Harassment, rude people, not payed.
Counter productive management, no communication
Quality Assurance and CAN-Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 October 2014
Chew you up and spit you out. They don't care about you or your employment.

I worked at the precision resources location. Floor manager is an absolute jerk to everyone for no reason (literally everyone, actually had the lead hand and another supervisor warn me about it before meeting him but holy cow, still could not have seen that coming).

A lot of the people who work there and some of the supervisors/leads are actually really helpful and also friendly. For the most part nobody wants to see each other screwing up or hurting themselves. Nobody in the place knows how to use their software correctly though; if you are even remotely computer savvy you will facepalm the skin on your forehead off watching multi-year employees struggle with simple number entry tasks.

Quality Assurance can never make up their mind what is acceptable and what is not. You will be constantly reminded there are detailed work instructions in the job log-in software, which is true but is often out of date or contradicts other instructions. Often times gauges were sent back to the QA lab and returned to us unable to pass any part; often times the gauges were not correctly measured or were set up without the proper part specifications - it was literally almost never the fault of the manufacturing process.

People are not familiar with the heavy machinery they are using. Belt sanders were damaged and often the belts would run off the rollers and grind through the doors of the machinery and send sparks and smoke shooting all over. I was often tasked with fixing this, wanna know how?
  more... Hit the roller alignment with a steel pipe until it re-centers. No joke.

Management has bad communication within themselves, I would often be running parts on plural machines and have various section supervisors asking me for parts to be done before others which other supervisors had asked to be done before anything else. Total madhouse and you will waste at least 10 minutes of every hour running around trying to find someone to finalize what is supposed to be going on.

Contract workers only get time and a half on holidays, but they are also not mandatory. They will try to "guilt" you into working OT telling you it is one of the things they look at when hiring on permanent. Here's the part they didn't include, if the floor manager decides he doesn't like you (which he likely will) you have no chance of getting hired on. I was even given a performance bonus and some gift cards after about 3 months for my "good work" but when my contract was up that was it.
Heard from many of the few-year employees that they often find reasons to fire full time employees to bring in cheaper contract workers. Apparently the permanent employees are reducing in number pretty constantly. This could be precision OR aerotek's fault.
Pros
on bus route, tons of OT available, work is pretty easy
Cons
dangerous, bad management, next to zero job security
Trades people who worked for the company directly makes 10.00 more an hour? High turn over, never work for an employment agency again!
millwright (Former Employee) –  Vancouver16 October 2014
Aerotek is terrible period lied to right from the beginning.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
The company employees makes 10 more an hour.
The WORST
Business Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario13 August 2014
I was an internal employee at Aerotek working in their corporate office.

Everytime I go for a new job interview and they ask me about my time at Aerotek, I am always 100% honest in how much I hated it there.

My lead supervisor was extremely unsupportive of me. One time she called me in to her office and proceeded to tell me how my co workers out of Montreal said I was unprofessional because I accidentally hiccup-burped while speaking to them. She told me that as a result she lost faith in my abilities as someone on her team. It took all of my willpower to not tell her where to go. Management was a joke. They came into work late every single day. It's really hard when you work your butt off and it's still not good enough. I was so stressed out there it was a blessing when they let me go without cause. Which, by the way, is their way of firing you because they don't like you anymore and giving you a somewhat OK severance pay.

Aerotek recycles people. The turnover is ridiculous. Aerotek sends a message to their employees that they really care about you BUT it's a business and the second anyone can get ahead, they compromise their morals and values to do so.

An example of this is when I was let go. My co-worker, who I had trained and became friends with over the 2 years I was there, was promoted as my new supervisor. A week later, they gave her the task of letting me go. When I asked her why she was dismissing me she refused to tell me. The fact that my own lead supervisor wasn't the one who had the guts to tell me herself, still baffles me. It's disgusting.

Don't
  more... work there with the intention of staying long term. The only good thing I took from that experience was the actual work ethic I developed as a result of being over-worked. I also learned a lot from a different supervisor I had who hated it there as much as I did but was able to tolerate it.

If you are comfortable compromising your dignity, it's definitely the place for you.
Cons
Long hours, poor management
Staffing Agency
Material Handler/Contract (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 July 2014
Found me a position at a good company. were professional and courteous.
Hard working and Fun
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Mississauga9 June 2014
If you can hack it in the pit and are willing to push for that extra phone call you will kill it here. This is a fantastic place for a entry level business person to break out into the field and give it their all and make a really great salary to boot. I believe that anyone who has the ability to put in the time will love this place.
Prepares you to work diligently at a fast paced
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON27 April 2014
- Great people
- Management was awesome and on top of everything
- Great hours
Productive and professional environment.
Light Industrial Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, Ontario8 April 2014
I am learning a lot about waste water treatment, that is complementing my studies in Feedwater chemistry at St Clair College, and also preparing me for the Power Engineering Industry.
I monitor process variable values such as flow rates, pressures, and levels. The management is very professional, and helpful, and my co-workers are cooperative. The hardest part of the job is simply making sure that I stay awake on the night shift, but I ensure that by staying busy and setting alarms for each time I have to go on rounds. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of knowing that what I am doing is helping to ensure the safety and protection of persons and property.
Cashier Tim Hortons
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON7 April 2014
Arrive 10 minutes early
set up cash
satisfy customers

learned: Multitasking
How to conduct cash flow
customer service

management: they were a thrill to work with, very kind very professional.

co-workers: also professional and very fast paced and enjoyable to work with

hardest part: i don't really have anything bad to say. I loved it here.

enjoyable: The customers....Always!
general labour, shipping
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  stratford,On25 March 2014
*general labour,
* Warehouse,
*shipping
* working close with others as well as individually
* hardest part of job temperature of building in summer (no real ventilation) average temp in summer is 32 degrees inside warehouse
* most enjoyable people I worked with
Pros
good work week Sun - Wed
Cons
long shifts 12-14 hrs per day
Great placement
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Prince George4 March 2014
Working with this company was a great experience and I look forward to doing more contract work with them in the future!
Pros
Lots of communication
Cons
None that I have seen
Harrasement & Work load
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 February 2014
Client site was so cheap.The management seems to be not knowing what to do. Practicing some sort of black magic. The client owner is some sort of broker. He is trying to collect money from any source he can. They were so cheap. Team lead I were working with so many family problems. The Team Lead were talking to much with employees.
An interesting place to work.
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 January 2014
2 Years of working with Aerotek taught me many things, there is no such thing as a typical day there. Most people think that a recruiting/sales job will eventually get repetitive, I challenge that notion, although some tasks will feel repetitive, in general you'll be meeting new people each day, speaking with thousands of qualified people, and managing relationships with some interesting clients. The hardest part of the job will always be the commitment required, Aerotek is less a job, more a way of living something. What I mean by that is once you have built up a good credibility with candidates, they will constantly contact you, sometimes at odd hours. In addition the fact that you are in a position (should you have learned your job well), when-in you will be constantly asked for market advice, this means that if you are the type of person that dives in too deep, you will be breathing, eating, and sleeping your job with little time for anything else. There are some great rewards for this, a great reputation, and great wages, along with performance bonus. Most of your co-workers will be great people, the type that you can make friends with and depend on, that being said however they are as much caught up in the same situation as you are, each trying to best balance their life and work, this can sometimes lead newcomers to feel left out, and often leads them to believe that competition is higher than it is (with the seasoned sales/recruiters getting the bulk of the business due to their extended network). However that is not the case, a bit of elbow grease and newcomers can  more... rise quite quickly.

I would rate them quite highly as an employer, falling short only on work/life balance, management, and culture. Culture as I listed above for newcomers, and management as each individual is self motivated/managed, however the direct feedback environment can sometimes feel like micro management, once the emotion is removed however most people will see that the feedback is benefiting and bringing the team closer, but as stated it's hard for many to handle.
Pros
Wages, Company Events, Good bonus structure, Job security
Cons
Hours, Hard for newcomers to adapt quickly, you are at beckon of candidates at all hours.
fast paced work environment, excellent training provided
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  AB28 January 2014
Aerotek was a great place to work. They work hard and play hard. The only thing that is a bit negative is that it's a roller coaster of emotions and can become very stressed. If you take time off, or move, you pretty much start at the bottom again while all of your commission is falling off. If you are competitive and are not looking to get married/having a family any time soon, without first being successful with this company, its a great job.
Pros
Great culture, the people have fun, challenging, and great training and development
Cons
no stable pay because of commission, did not provide work/life satisfaction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aerotek. Our community is ready to answer.