Aerotek Employee Reviews

During lunch break when we talked bout sport, I like soccer and other likes football.
Packaging and Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 November 2013
This was a first work I got after I completed college, though it was not in line with field of study but I enjoy every thing. It was twelve hour shift and you had two or three day off which I really love because it give more time to spend with little boy of a year old.
A typical day is almost the same thing every day, get ready to wrapped coils for either export or in house, export is more stressing than in house, depending on the customer, some export really need all kind of procedure to be followed, but in house is just picked out of the line and placed on pallet to taken away.
I don't really had much with management, expect when after completing a task and your are asked to redo it again because certain customer wants it this way.
My co-worker, those are the people who make even a better place to work, I had an excellent co-worker and team leader, I think every team leader should be like the one I had. Easy going as long as you don't get behind in your work.
Hardest part of the job, when the line is full and there is no tow truck to remove a finished product that has being wrapped and this particular customer, the procedure to follow compared to all other customer is the most difficult and hardest to deal with.
The most enjoyable part of the work is toward closing, when you are cleaning up and the next hour you are on your way home after a long 12 hours shift.
Pros
free luch
Cons
over time.
Fast paced warehouse work
Forklift, Narrow Isle & Walkie Operator, (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 March 2013
Loading and unloading trucks using forklifts and walkies. Staged product to be shipped using a narrow isle trucks.
Lead hand shipping and receiving.
Meeting deadlines during peak seasons.
Satisfaction in meeting deadlines was somewhat of a reward.
Pros
relaxed work atmospheere.
Cons
general employee training somewhat lacking
scanning and packing goods, operating a hydrolic jack and light cleaning.
pick and packing (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 September 2012
Working as a team, carry all duties. Self motivated worker' who dont need to be supervised. the hardest part of the job is when we have shot stuff but working as a team and with positive attitude helps me to carry the job task till the end.
Pros
no free lunch, you bring your own.
Cons
10 hours or more a day
Hate Crime is very high
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 September 2013
Aerotek was send me to get abuse. Their site mangers are very abusive. Hate Crime is very high at their client site.

Pay is very law. you can do nothing with that pay in this competitive world.
A very Calm and Friendly evironment to work in
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Timerlea & Tomken Rd in Mississauga, ON27 February 2013
My Co-workers & Manager were excellent to work with. I learned most of job skills through them in a very friendly manner. Everyone was given a fare share of work to do which people would finish on time without any hassels. If we did not understand something it was okay to ask your superiors.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
drove truck for a few companies
Inventory management (Former Employee) –  Brampton10 August 2015
i work for them for a few different companies. I like the staff there and they were always good to me.. I would work for them again
Gain a lot of experience
Customer Service Representative, Regus (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC6 April 2015
Be self sufficient, managed my time personally
Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, and address complaints
Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions and other activities
Compute, record and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports
Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems

Receive incoming calls and transfer them to the appropriate person
Responsible for linking clients and employees through different means of communication.
Work in synergy with colleagues, superiors and staffs from different company branches.
Managing and supervising schedules for Office meeting rooms
Greet everybody in the office with courtesy and respect.
In charge of the reception and distribution of all received mail and documents
Sign legal documents
Greet clients in the office
Receive incoming calls and transfer them to the appropriate person
Insure respectable communication between clients and employees
Receive and dispatch mail
In charge of the reception and distribution of all received mail and documents
Ensure constant communications with superiors for problem solving
Prepares you to work diligently at a fast paced
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON27 April 2014
- Great people
- Management was awesome and on top of everything
- Great hours
general labour, shipping
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  stratford,On25 March 2014
*general labour,
* Warehouse,
*shipping
* working close with others as well as individually
* hardest part of job temperature of building in summer (no real ventilation) average temp in summer is 32 degrees inside warehouse
* most enjoyable people I worked with
Pros
good work week Sun - Wed
Cons
long shifts 12-14 hrs per day
Do these guys even know what TIG welding is?
SUPPOSED TIG WELDER (Former Employee) –  SCARBOROUGH5 May 2015
A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME
What the company actually wanted were a bunch of shop helpers not welders; in fact they don't any real welding at all.
Pros
NONE
Cons
wasting people's time, illinformed staff, cheap
Counter productive management, no communication
Quality Assurance and CAN-Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 October 2014
Chew you up and spit you out. They don't care about you or your employment.

I worked at the precision resources location. Floor manager is an absolute jerk to everyone for no reason (literally everyone, actually had the lead hand and another supervisor warn me about it before meeting him but holy cow, still could not have seen that coming).

A lot of the people who work there and some of the supervisors/leads are actually really helpful and also friendly. For the most part nobody wants to see each other screwing up or hurting themselves. Nobody in the place knows how to use their software correctly though; if you are even remotely computer savvy you will facepalm the skin on your forehead off watching multi-year employees struggle with simple number entry tasks.

Quality Assurance can never make up their mind what is acceptable and what is not. You will be constantly reminded there are detailed work instructions in the job log-in software, which is true but is often out of date or contradicts other instructions. Often times gauges were sent back to the QA lab and returned to us unable to pass any part; often times the gauges were not correctly measured or were set up without the proper part specifications - it was literally almost never the fault of the manufacturing process.

People are not familiar with the heavy machinery they are using. Belt sanders were damaged and often the belts would run off the rollers and grind through the doors of the machinery and send sparks and smoke shooting all over. I was often tasked with fixing this, wanna know how?
  more... Hit the roller alignment with a steel pipe until it re-centers. No joke.

Management has bad communication within themselves, I would often be running parts on plural machines and have various section supervisors asking me for parts to be done before others which other supervisors had asked to be done before anything else. Total madhouse and you will waste at least 10 minutes of every hour running around trying to find someone to finalize what is supposed to be going on.

Contract workers only get time and a half on holidays, but they are also not mandatory. They will try to "guilt" you into working OT telling you it is one of the things they look at when hiring on permanent. Here's the part they didn't include, if the floor manager decides he doesn't like you (which he likely will) you have no chance of getting hired on. I was even given a performance bonus and some gift cards after about 3 months for my "good work" but when my contract was up that was it.
Heard from many of the few-year employees that they often find reasons to fire full time employees to bring in cheaper contract workers. Apparently the permanent employees are reducing in number pretty constantly. This could be precision OR aerotek's fault.
Pros
on bus route, tons of OT available, work is pretty easy
Cons
dangerous, bad management, next to zero job security
Not great
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON12 November 2014
This was not a great environment to work in. I experienced inappropriate behavior from the boss and his son. They were very disorganized. I did not get paid for 8 weeks and when they did it was grossly short of the actual amount.
Cons
Harassment, rude people, not payed.
nice, friendly environment to work, lunch is paid.
Cell phone repair/Assembly (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ENG7 April 2013
Nice place to work, people are friendly and training is great.
Little bit of favouritism goes on between workers and supervisors, which is annoying at times.
Pros
great place to learn new skills.
Cons
parking problem due to shift work times
Just an agency good at finding jobs
Worker For Other Companies (Former Employee) –  2430 Royal Windsor Dr Mississauga, ON L5J 1K714 November 2012
Finds jobs close to home. Type of job the agency found me was a laborer working at the Stack Pole plant inspecting gear and line work the consisted of 12 hours inspecting gears.
Pros
long days good atmosphere
Cons
not enough breaks for such a long shift
some what ok place to work for
Counter Balance Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississiauga11 January 2015
They are slow to return your call , when you need to talk to the person who sent you to a job you end up having to talk to some one else .
Pros
no commet
Cons
no comet
Trades people who worked for the company directly makes 10.00 more an hour? High turn over, never work for an employment agency again!
millwright (Former Employee) –  Vancouver16 October 2014
Aerotek is terrible period lied to right from the beginning.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
The company employees makes 10 more an hour.
Good place as a placement agency
Temp (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 October 2012
After hearing about Aerotek from my father, a current contractor for them, I decided to give them a shot. Within a week of applying they had found me a position.
Great placement
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Prince George4 March 2014
Working with this company was a great experience and I look forward to doing more contract work with them in the future!
Pros
Lots of communication
Cons
None that I have seen
This is an agency, I did not work directly at the company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, Ontario16 February 2012
As an agency, they were fine. There were no outstanding characteristics.
Pros
if you do not like the position, you can change.
Cons
no healthcare
Temp Agrency
Administration Temp (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2015
They always managed to find me work and I was able to work at some very interesting places. Working with excel and word daily helped build more of my skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aerotek. Our community is ready to answer.