Aerotek Employee Reviews in Canada

Harrasement & Work load
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Client site was so cheap.The management seems to be not knowing what to do. Practicing some sort of black magic. The client owner is some sort of broker. He is trying to collect money from any source he can. They were so cheap. Team lead I were working with so many family problems. The Team Lead were talking to much with employees.
An interesting place to work.
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 30, 2014
2 Years of working with Aerotek taught me many things, there is no such thing as a typical day there. Most people think that a recruiting/sales job will eventually get repetitive, I challenge that notion, although some tasks will feel repetitive, in general you'll be meeting new people each day, speaking with thousands of qualified people, and managing relationships with some interesting clients. The hardest part of the job will always be the commitment required, Aerotek is less a job, more a way of living something. What I mean by that is once you have built up a good credibility with candidates, they will constantly contact you, sometimes at odd hours. In addition the fact that you are in a position (should you have learned your job well), when-in you will be constantly asked for market advice, this means that if you are the type of person that dives in too deep, you will be breathing, eating, and sleeping your job with little time for anything else. There are some great rewards for this, a great reputation, and great wages, along with performance bonus. Most of your co-workers will be great people, the type that you can make friends with and depend on, that being said however they are as much caught up in the same situation as you are, each trying to best balance their life and work, this can sometimes lead newcomers to feel left out, and often leads them to believe that competition is higher than it is (with the seasoned sales/recruiters getting the bulk of the business due to their extended network). However that is not the case, a bit of elbow grease and newcomers can  more... rise quite quickly.

I would rate them quite highly as an employer, falling short only on work/life balance, management, and culture. Culture as I listed above for newcomers, and management as each individual is self motivated/managed, however the direct feedback environment can sometimes feel like micro management, once the emotion is removed however most people will see that the feedback is benefiting and bringing the team closer, but as stated it's hard for many to handle.
Pros
wages, company events, good bonus structure, job security
Cons
hours, hard for newcomers to adapt quickly, you are at beckon of candidates at all hours.
fast paced work environment, excellent training provided
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  ABJanuary 28, 2014
Aerotek was a great place to work. They work hard and play hard. The only thing that is a bit negative is that it's a roller coaster of emotions and can become very stressed. If you take time off, or move, you pretty much start at the bottom again while all of your commission is falling off. If you are competitive and are not looking to get married/having a family any time soon, without first being successful with this company, its a great job.
Pros
great culture, the people have fun, challenging, and great training and development
Cons
no stable pay because of commission, did not provide work/life satisfaction
Aerotek Staffing is great to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, OntarioNovember 28, 2013
Management is very helpful. Co workers are great. Hours are flexiable.
Pros
hours flexiable
Cons
no increases
During lunch break when we talked bout sport, I like soccer and other likes football.
Packaging and Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 12, 2013
This was a first work I got after I completed college, though it was not in line with field of study but I enjoy every thing. It was twelve hour shift and you had two or three day off which I really love because it give more time to spend with little boy of a year old.
A typical day is almost the same thing every day, get ready to wrapped coils for either export or in house, export is more stressing than in house, depending on the customer, some export really need all kind of procedure to be followed, but in house is just picked out of the line and placed on pallet to taken away.
I don't really had much with management, expect when after completing a task and your are asked to redo it again because certain customer wants it this way.
My co-worker, those are the people who make even a better place to work, I had an excellent co-worker and team leader, I think every team leader should be like the one I had. Easy going as long as you don't get behind in your work.
Hardest part of the job, when the line is full and there is no tow truck to remove a finished product that has being wrapped and this particular customer, the procedure to follow compared to all other customer is the most difficult and hardest to deal with.
The most enjoyable part of the work is toward closing, when you are cleaning up and the next hour you are on your way home after a long 12 hours shift.
Pros
free luch
Cons
over time.
Great team enviroment
NIGHT SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONOctober 16, 2013
Hardest part of the job was lifting glass. Best part was the team I was working with.
Recruiter/Account Recruitment Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 2, 2013
Outstanding team oriented approach to connecting top companies with top talent.
Hate Crime is very high
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 8, 2013
Aerotek was send me to get abuse. Their site mangers are very abusive. Hate Crime is very high at their client site.

Pay is very law. you can do nothing with that pay in this competitive world.
Bbq parties and fun with all kind of co-wokers
check the car parts (Former Employee) –  missiaugaJuly 3, 2013
order picking and pricing and ticketing the books it was a good job good team work with management toooo
Aerotek
Customer Support Associate (Current Employee) –  CalgaryJune 4, 2013
Very results oriented company with strong values and competitive nature. They have is a friendly open environment but at times may be too low on the work-life balance and culture can be intimidating.
nice, friendly environment to work, lunch is paid.
Cell phone repair/Assembly (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ENGApril 7, 2013
Nice place to work, people are friendly and training is great.
Little bit of favouritism goes on between workers and supervisors, which is annoying at times.
Pros
great place to learn new skills.
Cons
parking problem due to shift work times
Dead end job
labourer (Former Employee) –  breslauApril 4, 2013
Idiots. Sent to a job , person training me says get out of here, dead end job, haven`t heard from them since. Total waste of time
Various warehouse assignments
Forklift, Narrow Isle & Walkie Operator, (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 26, 2013
Lead hand in shipping and receiving. Loading and unloading trucks using forklifts and walkies. Verifying and auditing product upon arrival. Picking multiple orders daily using scan guns.
A diverse team of co-workers.
Deadlines always added pressure to the job.
Completing assignments always gave one some satisfaction.
Pros
flexible work environment
Cons
long hours occassionally.
Fast paced warehouse work
Loading and unloading trucks using forklifts and walkies. Staged product to be shipped using a narrow isle trucks.
Lead hand shipping and receiving.
Meeting deadlines during peak seasons.
Satisfaction in meeting deadlines was somewhat of a reward.
Pros
relaxed work atmospheere.
Cons
general employee training somewhat lacking
Professional Staff, love to work with them
Panel Wiring Technician (Former Employee) –  CambridgeMarch 7, 2013
I loved to work with Aerotek. They have very professional approch.
A very Calm and Friendly evironment to work in
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Timerlea & Tomken Rd in Mississauga, ONFebruary 27, 2013
My Co-workers & Manager were excellent to work with. I learned most of job skills through them in a very friendly manner. Everyone was given a fare share of work to do which people would finish on time without any hassels. If we did not understand something it was okay to ask your superiors.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fast paste environment with individuals working together as a team
Recruiting Intern (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 28, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of screening resumes, calling potential candidates for clients and screening them on the phone. I also set up In-House interviews for my colleagues and placed candidates to suitable positions for my clients. Management was good, where they would support each employee in their progress to fill positions. Feedback was given and teamwork was the core of the organization. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of my job was to find suitable applicants for my clients. The teamwork, helpfulness and positivity that consisted in the office was enjoyable.
Pros
teamwork, helpfulness, positive management
Cons
long hours in comparison to pay
Productive and well maintained workplace
Manufacturing Assembler (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONNovember 30, 2012
The company from where I am working with is a safe and friendly workplace.
I have learned a lot and still learning if I may say and I find my co workers easy to approach with.
At first I find it hard to stand for long period of time but I am beginning to endure it as time goes by.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get a chance to talk and sometimes sings with my co employees when at work, and the best thing about in the company is that the Supervisors, Team Leaders and Authorities are friendly and approachable.
Pros
free training on the field of specialization
Cons
short hour of break
Waste Of Time
Labourer (Former Employee) –  CambridgeNovember 27, 2012
Aerotek is just another waste of time temp agency. They make you register & do their whmis tests then say we'll be in touch. That was a year ago & still waiting for the call that will never come. Temp agencies should be banned because they take good jobs and make them jobs not worth working at as they are skimming your wages and they also allow scumbag companies to take advantage of people that need work.
Cons
take advantage of people

Comment – December 16, 2012

I would stay away from any type of Employment agent from Aerotek, after hey had me come in for an interview for a cotrol pannel job Waste of time and Gas no such job opening as I looked into Allen Bradley myself. AB will post on their own web site. So do some research be fore wasting any time with Aerotek.

I was given once a job opportunity in a right timing with possibility of more working hours.
AEROTEK - Account Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioNovember 14, 2012
Not so much job opportunities now after the past assignment.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a