Aerotek Employee Reviews

.Good company... seen them in action.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Exel Warehouse Fountain Tire3 December 2015
They get the job done. They will try like crazy to get you into your desired field. If not at least get you working and keep looking into the field you are interested in. Even the district manager busts his butt to get people employed. They take a team approach and it shows.Good follow up.
Pros
Client and customer follow ups.
Fun workplace
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  High River, AB28 June 2015
Reviewing all duties to be done for the shift. Working along side a team of individuals. I learned a lot of team work. Hardest part of the job was the long shifts. The best part was the career advancement
Pros
Great career advancement
Cons
fast paced work environment, excellent training provided
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  AB28 January 2014
Aerotek was a great place to work. They work hard and play hard. The only thing that is a bit negative is that it's a roller coaster of emotions and can become very stressed. If you take time off, or move, you pretty much start at the bottom again while all of your commission is falling off. If you are competitive and are not looking to get married/having a family any time soon, without first being successful with this company, its a great job.
Pros
Great culture, the people have fun, challenging, and great training and development
Cons
no stable pay because of commission, did not provide work/life satisfaction
fun work place
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 June 2015
mornings to noons
shipping and reciving
good managment
good co workers
there was no hard part
reiciving shipping good envierment
Pros
no free lunch
Still under assestment
Low Voltage Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2015
The company was not aware that they had a abusive client that has a history of going through technicians. I am upset that I left a secure position and landed into a intolerable work place. They are currently taking steps to correct the issues; however, I am still waiting to see what the out come will be.
Pros
No opinion
Cons
No opiniou
THE CO WORKERS WHERE VERY HELPFULL
Assembleur électrique - secteur électronique (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 December 2015
IT WAS VERY INTERESTING JOB ,LEARNING ALL THE TYPES OF DIFFERENT HARNESS AND ASSEMBLY.VERY ENJOYABLE AND VERY WELL PAYED.
Good team based and enviornment
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 September 2015
Aerotek gave employees the opportunity to advance within the company. There was a friendly competitive atmosphere which helped encourage employees to work to their full potential.
productive, and stimulating
Assistant administrator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 May 2015
Working for Aerotek was a challenging work environment, that pushed my abilities to new levels. The co-workers were excellent to work with , as well as helpful as needed, management was through in monitoring daily activities, The hardest part of the job was performing daily task that was required by other offices in the Ontario area, the most enjoyable part of the position was office meetings and co-worker interactions.
productive
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON3 November 2015
Aerotek is a good company. I'm working there for almost 3 years now but the only thing i'm looking for is to become permanent in this company.
good place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC10 June 2015
good job friendly enviornment i learned about everything that the company did. I learned a lot while working here. co-workers were easy to get along with even though i was younger the guys who worked there long taught me what to do and how to do it effectively
hardest part of the job is losting the job because the owner sold the company and getting new management
Pros
everyday was different
Cons
nothing
Productive and professional environment.
Light Industrial Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, Ontario8 April 2014
I am learning a lot about waste water treatment, that is complementing my studies in Feedwater chemistry at St Clair College, and also preparing me for the Power Engineering Industry.
I monitor process variable values such as flow rates, pressures, and levels. The management is very professional, and helpful, and my co-workers are cooperative. The hardest part of the job is simply making sure that I stay awake on the night shift, but I ensure that by staying busy and setting alarms for each time I have to go on rounds. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of knowing that what I am doing is helping to ensure the safety and protection of persons and property.
ok
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 October 2015
they are ok heklpful, but job placement 3is off on not stable. But what can you do. so that is my review. Easy work. good environment. but pay not enough.
Great Entry level job
Customer Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Canada21 January 2015
This a company that's great for entry level professionals who don't always know what they want to do. The expectation is that you'll work hard and play hard, but the play never comes if you don't fit their mould perfectly. And you really do work hard. It was a great learning experience, but at some point, you want to spend time with you family and friends, or actually enjoy your vacation instead of checking in at the end of each day.
Fulfilling and enjoyable
Process Engineering - Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 November 2012
My days consisted of emails, communication (written & spoken),
areas of improvement, writing reports, creating drawings, utilizing various software packages.

I learned time management, prioritizing, multitasking and communication. My specific skills included engineering work, CAD softwares and drawing packages

Management was supportive and precise with their requirements.

Ensuring that my co-workers and direct reprots were properly educated and aware of their activities and ensuring they were completing without stepping on their toes.

The best part of my job was working with others.
Pros
people
Cons
contract
Competitive and intense
VMS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2015
Highly competitive
Very fast paced
Great people
Very open to feedback
Mentoring
High energy

Learned the entire process of recruiting
High level customer service skills
Problem solving

Hardest part:
High stress, fast paced, intense
Pros
High energy
Various warehouse assignments
Forklift, Narrow Isle & Walkie Operator, (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 March 2013
Lead hand in shipping and receiving. Loading and unloading trucks using forklifts and walkies. Verifying and auditing product upon arrival. Picking multiple orders daily using scan guns.
A diverse team of co-workers.
Deadlines always added pressure to the job.
Completing assignments always gave one some satisfaction.
Pros
flexible work environment
Cons
long hours occassionally.
An interesting place to work.
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 January 2014
2 Years of working with Aerotek taught me many things, there is no such thing as a typical day there. Most people think that a recruiting/sales job will eventually get repetitive, I challenge that notion, although some tasks will feel repetitive, in general you'll be meeting new people each day, speaking with thousands of qualified people, and managing relationships with some interesting clients. The hardest part of the job will always be the commitment required, Aerotek is less a job, more a way of living something. What I mean by that is once you have built up a good credibility with candidates, they will constantly contact you, sometimes at odd hours. In addition the fact that you are in a position (should you have learned your job well), when-in you will be constantly asked for market advice, this means that if you are the type of person that dives in too deep, you will be breathing, eating, and sleeping your job with little time for anything else. There are some great rewards for this, a great reputation, and great wages, along with performance bonus. Most of your co-workers will be great people, the type that you can make friends with and depend on, that being said however they are as much caught up in the same situation as you are, each trying to best balance their life and work, this can sometimes lead newcomers to feel left out, and often leads them to believe that competition is higher than it is (with the seasoned sales/recruiters getting the bulk of the business due to their extended network). However that is not the case, a bit of elbow grease and newcomers can  more... rise quite quickly.

I would rate them quite highly as an employer, falling short only on work/life balance, management, and culture. Culture as I listed above for newcomers, and management as each individual is self motivated/managed, however the direct feedback environment can sometimes feel like micro management, once the emotion is removed however most people will see that the feedback is benefiting and bringing the team closer, but as stated it's hard for many to handle.
Pros
Wages, Company Events, Good bonus structure, Job security
Cons
Hours, Hard for newcomers to adapt quickly, you are at beckon of candidates at all hours.
great atmosphere with great employees
Warehouse Shipper (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2012
Fantastic place to be with great work atmosphere, great management. Not many places let you feel happy all the time at work but this place does
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
not the career i want
Aerotek
Customer Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary4 June 2013
Very results oriented company with strong values and competitive nature. They have is a friendly open environment but at times may be too low on the work-life balance and culture can be intimidating.
This is a Job Placement Company
Accounts Clerk @ Union Gas (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON13 September 2012
I worked at Union Gas in the Central Cashiering Dept. until it was outsourced Aug 31/12.

I really enjoyed this position as I learned a number of positions while in this Dept.. My co-workers have become friends that I'll continue to keep in-touch with.
The month end duties were very busy but we all pulled together and worked extremely well together.
The hardest part was when I heard about the work being out-sourced as I was Contract and therefore being out of work. I was however, happy that the full-time employees were about to secure fulltime jobs within Union Gas.
Pros
loved the hours of 7-3