Aerotek Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun workplace
Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  High River, ABJune 28, 2015
Reviewing all duties to be done for the shift. Working along side a team of individuals. I learned a lot of team work. Hardest part of the job was the long shifts. The best part was the career advancement
Pros
Great career advancement
Cons
Very nice and peaceful work environment
Product Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 3, 2015
The company provides very nice and peaceful work environment in which a person can work and implement new ideas and techniques. I learned many new techniques to debug different printed circuit boards. The co-workers are very helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is that they give a chance to implement new techniques to repair and debug different printed circuit boards.
Bad company to work for
RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 23, 2015
Aerotek is the worst working experience I had in my life. Benefits are bad. Will never help you to grow in the company. The management of the company will always try to put you down on daily basis. and a lot of favoritism.

The higher management can never stay on their on word. The one they will something else and other day they will change their mind. Aerotek has a very high transition rate.

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD company to work for.
drove truck for a few companies
Inventory management (Former Employee) –  BramptonAugust 10, 2015
i work for them for a few different companies. I like the staff there and they were always good to me.. I would work for them again
Great Entry level job
Customer Support Associate (Former Employee) –  CanadaJanuary 21, 2015
This a company that's great for entry level professionals who don't always know what they want to do. The expectation is that you'll work hard and play hard, but the play never comes if you don't fit their mould perfectly. And you really do work hard. It was a great learning experience, but at some point, you want to spend time with you family and friends, or actually enjoy your vacation instead of checking in at the end of each day.
Sales driven environment with an outgoing culture fit
Professional Services Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 10, 2015
I have excelled in several HR related skills since my time of being here. I have had the pleasure to meet several great people including employees, clients and contractors. It has been an excellent place to work upon graduating from HR, however; it is not a long term fit for me due to a few unecessary stressors. I also strongly believe in work life balance and it is very tough to receive that within this organization.
Pros
phone allowance, mileage expense, lunch expense, growth
Cons
no work life balance, high stress, commission based compensation
Do these guys even know what TIG welding is?
SUPPOSED TIG WELDER (Former Employee) –  SCARBOROUGHMay 5, 2015
A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME
What the company actually wanted were a bunch of shop helpers not welders; in fact they don't any real welding at all.
Pros
NONE
Cons
wasting people's time, illinformed staff, cheap
fun work place
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 23, 2015
mornings to noons
shipping and reciving
good managment
good co workers
there was no hard part
reiciving shipping good envierment
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
Productive and professional environment.
Light Industrial Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, OntarioApril 8, 2014
I am learning a lot about waste water treatment, that is complementing my studies in Feedwater chemistry at St Clair College, and also preparing me for the Power Engineering Industry.
I monitor process variable values such as flow rates, pressures, and levels. The management is very professional, and helpful, and my co-workers are cooperative. The hardest part of the job is simply making sure that I stay awake on the night shift, but I ensure that by staying busy and setting alarms for each time I have to go on rounds. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of knowing that what I am doing is helping to ensure the safety and protection of persons and property.
Competitive and intense
VMS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2015
Highly competitive
Very fast paced
Great people
Very open to feedback
Mentoring
High energy

Learned the entire process of recruiting
High level customer service skills
Problem solving

Hardest part:
High stress, fast paced, intense
Pros
high energy
Cons
fast paced work environment, excellent training provided
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  ABJanuary 28, 2014
Aerotek was a great place to work. They work hard and play hard. The only thing that is a bit negative is that it's a roller coaster of emotions and can become very stressed. If you take time off, or move, you pretty much start at the bottom again while all of your commission is falling off. If you are competitive and are not looking to get married/having a family any time soon, without first being successful with this company, its a great job.
Pros
great culture, the people have fun, challenging, and great training and development
Cons
no stable pay because of commission, did not provide work/life satisfaction
Great opportunity for those interesting in recruiting
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 23, 2012
Aerotek was very structured: morning meetings at 8:45, office meeting at 9:00am and recruiting on your particular role for the remaining of the day or until it was successfully filled. Our management team was divided up in different "triangles" which managed certain accounts. They constantly went out of their way to improve not only their team but themselves. The hardest part of the job had to be the long hours. The great part of Aerotek was always their team building events.
Pros
free lunches, great exposure, fantastic training.
This is a Job Placement Company
Accounts Clerk @ Union Gas (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONSeptember 13, 2012
I worked at Union Gas in the Central Cashiering Dept. until it was outsourced Aug 31/12.

I really enjoyed this position as I learned a number of positions while in this Dept.. My co-workers have become friends that I'll continue to keep in-touch with.
The month end duties were very busy but we all pulled together and worked extremely well together.
The hardest part was when I heard about the work being out-sourced as I was Contract and therefore being out of work. I was however, happy that the full-time employees were about to secure fulltime jobs within Union Gas.
Pros
loved the hours of 7-3
Fulfilling and enjoyable
Process Engineering - Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 8, 2012
My days consisted of emails, communication (written & spoken),
areas of improvement, writing reports, creating drawings, utilizing various software packages.

I learned time management, prioritizing, multitasking and communication. My specific skills included engineering work, CAD softwares and drawing packages

Management was supportive and precise with their requirements.

Ensuring that my co-workers and direct reprots were properly educated and aware of their activities and ensuring they were completing without stepping on their toes.

The best part of my job was working with others.
Pros
people
Cons
contract
Productive and well maintained workplace
Manufacturing Assembler (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONNovember 30, 2012
The company from where I am working with is a safe and friendly workplace.
I have learned a lot and still learning if I may say and I find my co workers easy to approach with.
At first I find it hard to stand for long period of time but I am beginning to endure it as time goes by.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get a chance to talk and sometimes sings with my co employees when at work, and the best thing about in the company is that the Supervisors, Team Leaders and Authorities are friendly and approachable.
Pros
free training on the field of specialization
Cons
short hour of break
Fast paste environment with individuals working together as a team
Recruiting Intern (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 28, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of screening resumes, calling potential candidates for clients and screening them on the phone. I also set up In-House interviews for my colleagues and placed candidates to suitable positions for my clients. Management was good, where they would support each employee in their progress to fill positions. Feedback was given and teamwork was the core of the organization. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of my job was to find suitable applicants for my clients. The teamwork, helpfulness and positivity that consisted in the office was enjoyable.
Pros
teamwork, helpfulness, positive management
Cons
long hours in comparison to pay
Various warehouse assignments
Forklift, Narrow Isle & Walkie Operator, (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 26, 2013
Lead hand in shipping and receiving. Loading and unloading trucks using forklifts and walkies. Verifying and auditing product upon arrival. Picking multiple orders daily using scan guns.
A diverse team of co-workers.
Deadlines always added pressure to the job.
Completing assignments always gave one some satisfaction.
Pros
flexible work environment
Cons
long hours occassionally.
Waste Of Time
Labourer (Former Employee) –  CambridgeNovember 27, 2012
Aerotek is just another waste of time temp agency. They make you register & do their whmis tests then say we'll be in touch. That was a year ago & still waiting for the call that will never come. Temp agencies should be banned because they take good jobs and make them jobs not worth working at as they are skimming your wages and they also allow scumbag companies to take advantage of people that need work.
Cons
take advantage of people
Cashier Tim Hortons
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 7, 2014
Arrive 10 minutes early
set up cash
satisfy customers

learned: Multitasking
How to conduct cash flow
customer service

management: they were a thrill to work with, very kind very professional.

co-workers: also professional and very fast paced and enjoyable to work with

hardest part: i don't really have anything bad to say. I loved it here.

enjoyable: The customers....Always!
Fast paced warehouse work
Loading and unloading trucks using forklifts and walkies. Staged product to be shipped using a narrow isle trucks.
Lead hand shipping and receiving.
Meeting deadlines during peak seasons.
Satisfaction in meeting deadlines was somewhat of a reward.
Pros
relaxed work atmospheere.
Cons
general employee training somewhat lacking