Aerotek Employee Reviews in Canada

productive, and stimulating
Assistant administrator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 20, 2015
Working for Aerotek was a challenging work environment, that pushed my abilities to new levels. The co-workers were excellent to work with , as well as helpful as needed, management was through in monitoring daily activities, The hardest part of the job was performing daily task that was required by other offices in the Ontario area, the most enjoyable part of the position was office meetings and co-worker interactions.
Do these guys even know what TIG welding is?
SUPPOSED TIG WELDER (Former Employee) –  SCARBOROUGHMay 5, 2015
A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME
What the company actually wanted were a bunch of shop helpers not welders; in fact they don't any real welding at all.
Pros
NONE
Cons
wasting people's time, illinformed staff, cheap
Gain a lot of experience
Customer Service Representative, Regus (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCApril 6, 2015
Be self sufficient, managed my time personally
Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, and address complaints
Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions and other activities
Compute, record and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports
Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems

Receive incoming calls and transfer them to the appropriate person
Responsible for linking clients and employees through different means of communication.
Work in synergy with colleagues, superiors and staffs from different company branches.
Managing and supervising schedules for Office meeting rooms
Greet everybody in the office with courtesy and respect.
In charge of the reception and distribution of all received mail and documents
Sign legal documents
Greet clients in the office
Receive incoming calls and transfer them to the appropriate person
Insure respectable communication between clients and employees
Receive and dispatch mail
In charge of the reception and distribution of all received mail and documents
Ensure constant communications with superiors for problem solving
Very nice and peaceful work environment
Product Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 3, 2015
The company provides very nice and peaceful work environment in which a person can work and implement new ideas and techniques. I learned many new techniques to debug different printed circuit boards. The co-workers are very helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is that they give a chance to implement new techniques to repair and debug different printed circuit boards.
Bad company to work for
RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 23, 2015
Aerotek is the worst working experience I had in my life. Benefits are bad. Will never help you to grow in the company. The management of the company will always try to put you down on daily basis. and a lot of favoritism.

The higher management can never stay on their on word. The one they will something else and other day they will change their mind. Aerotek has a very high transition rate.

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD company to work for.
Summary
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 23, 2015
a typical day includes in bound and out bound calls, computer work, emails, customer and client interaction and relationship building
Temp Agrency
Administration Temp (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 23, 2015
They always managed to find me work and I was able to work at some very interesting places. Working with excel and word daily helped build more of my skills.
Great Entry level job
Customer Support Associate (Former Employee) –  CanadaJanuary 21, 2015
This a company that's great for entry level professionals who don't always know what they want to do. The expectation is that you'll work hard and play hard, but the play never comes if you don't fit their mould perfectly. And you really do work hard. It was a great learning experience, but at some point, you want to spend time with you family and friends, or actually enjoy your vacation instead of checking in at the end of each day.
Competitive and intense
VMS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2015
Highly competitive
Very fast paced
Great people
Very open to feedback
Mentoring
High energy

Learned the entire process of recruiting
High level customer service skills
Problem solving

Hardest part:
High stress, fast paced, intense
Pros
high energy
Cons
some what ok place to work for
Counter Balance Operator (Former Employee) –  MississiaugaJanuary 11, 2015
They are slow to return your call , when you need to talk to the person who sent you to a job you end up having to talk to some one else .
Pros
no commet
Cons
no comet
Sales driven environment with an outgoing culture fit
Professional Services Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 10, 2015
I have excelled in several HR related skills since my time of being here. I have had the pleasure to meet several great people including employees, clients and contractors. It has been an excellent place to work upon graduating from HR, however; it is not a long term fit for me due to a few unecessary stressors. I also strongly believe in work life balance and it is very tough to receive that within this organization.
Pros
phone allowance, mileage expense, lunch expense, growth
Cons
no work life balance, high stress, commission based compensation
Not great
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONNovember 12, 2014
This was not a great environment to work in. I experienced inappropriate behavior from the boss and his son. They were very disorganized. I did not get paid for 8 weeks and when they did it was grossly short of the actual amount.
Cons
harassment, rude people, not payed.
Counter productive management, no communication
Quality Assurance and CAN-Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 27, 2014
Chew you up and spit you out. They don't care about you or your employment.

I worked at the precision resources location. Floor manager is an absolute jerk to everyone for no reason (literally everyone, actually had the lead hand and another supervisor warn me about it before meeting him but holy cow, still could not have seen that coming).

A lot of the people who work there and some of the supervisors/leads are actually really helpful and also friendly. For the most part nobody wants to see each other screwing up or hurting themselves. Nobody in the place knows how to use their software correctly though; if you are even remotely computer savvy you will facepalm the skin on your forehead off watching multi-year employees struggle with simple number entry tasks.

Quality Assurance can never make up their mind what is acceptable and what is not. You will be constantly reminded there are detailed work instructions in the job log-in software, which is true but is often out of date or contradicts other instructions. Often times gauges were sent back to the QA lab and returned to us unable to pass any part; often times the gauges were not correctly measured or were set up without the proper part specifications - it was literally almost never the fault of the manufacturing process.

People are not familiar with the heavy machinery they are using. Belt sanders were damaged and often the belts would run off the rollers and grind through the doors of the machinery and send sparks and smoke shooting all over. I was often tasked with fixing this, wanna know how? Hit the roller alignment
  more... with a steel pipe until it re-centers. No joke.

Management has bad communication within themselves, I would often be running parts on plural machines and have various section supervisors asking me for parts to be done before others which other supervisors had asked to be done before anything else. Total madhouse and you will waste at least 10 minutes of every hour running around trying to find someone to finalize what is supposed to be going on.

Contract workers only get time and a half on holidays, but they are also not mandatory. They will try to "guilt" you into working OT telling you it is one of the things they look at when hiring on permanent. Here's the part they didn't include, if the floor manager decides he doesn't like you (which he likely will) you have no chance of getting hired on. I was even given a performance bonus and some gift cards after about 3 months for my "good work" but when my contract was up that was it.
Heard from many of the few-year employees that they often find reasons to fire full time employees to bring in cheaper contract workers. Apparently the permanent employees are reducing in number pretty constantly. This could be precision OR aerotek's fault.
Pros
on bus route, tons of ot available, work is pretty easy
Cons
dangerous, bad management, next to zero job security
Trades people who worked for the company directly makes 10.00 more an hour? High turn over, never work for an employment agency again!
millwright (Former Employee) –  VancouverOctober 16, 2014
Aerotek is terrible period lied to right from the beginning.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
the company employees makes 10 more an hour.
The WORST
Business Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioAugust 13, 2014
I was an internal employee at Aerotek working in their corporate office.

Everytime I go for a new job interview and they ask me about my time at Aerotek, I am always 100% honest in how much I hated it there.

My lead supervisor was extremely unsupportive of me. One time she called me in to her office and proceeded to tell me how my co workers out of Montreal said I was unprofessional because I accidentally hiccup-burped while speaking to them. She told me that as a result she lost faith in my abilities as someone on her team. It took all of my willpower to not tell her where to go. Management was a joke. They came into work late every single day. It's really hard when you work your butt off and it's still not good enough. I was so stressed out there it was a blessing when they let me go without cause. Which, by the way, is their way of firing you because they don't like you anymore and giving you a somewhat OK severance pay.

Aerotek recycles people. The turnover is ridiculous. Aerotek sends a message to their employees that they really care about you BUT it's a business and the second anyone can get ahead, they compromise their morals and values to do so.

An example of this is when I was let go. My co-worker, who I had trained and became friends with over the 2 years I was there, was promoted as my new supervisor. A week later, they gave her the task of letting me go. When I asked her why she was dismissing me she refused to tell me. The fact that my own lead supervisor wasn't the one who had the guts to tell me herself, still baffles me. It's disgusting.

Don't work there
  more... with the intention of staying long term. The only good thing I took from that experience was the actual work ethic I developed as a result of being over-worked. I also learned a lot from a different supervisor I had who hated it there as much as I did but was able to tolerate it.

If you are comfortable compromising your dignity, it's definitely the place for you.
Cons
long hours, poor management
Staffing Agency
Material Handler/Contract (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 30, 2014
Found me a position at a good company. were professional and courteous.
Hard working and Fun
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJune 9, 2014
If you can hack it in the pit and are willing to push for that extra phone call you will kill it here. This is a fantastic place for a entry level business person to break out into the field and give it their all and make a really great salary to boot. I believe that anyone who has the ability to put in the time will love this place.
Prepares you to work diligently at a fast paced
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 27, 2014
- Great people
- Management was awesome and on top of everything
- Great hours
Productive and professional environment.
Light Industrial Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, OntarioApril 8, 2014
I am learning a lot about waste water treatment, that is complementing my studies in Feedwater chemistry at St Clair College, and also preparing me for the Power Engineering Industry.
I monitor process variable values such as flow rates, pressures, and levels. The management is very professional, and helpful, and my co-workers are cooperative. The hardest part of the job is simply making sure that I stay awake on the night shift, but I ensure that by staying busy and setting alarms for each time I have to go on rounds. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of knowing that what I am doing is helping to ensure the safety and protection of persons and property.
Cashier Tim Hortons
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 7, 2014
Arrive 10 minutes early
set up cash
satisfy customers

learned: Multitasking
How to conduct cash flow
customer service

management: they were a thrill to work with, very kind very professional.

co-workers: also professional and very fast paced and enjoyable to work with

hardest part: i don't really have anything bad to say. I loved it here.

enjoyable: The customers....Always!