Aerotek

3.6K reviews

Aerotek Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
THE CO WORKERS WHERE VERY HELPFULL
Assembleur électrique - secteur électronique (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 18, 2015
IT WAS VERY INTERESTING JOB ,LEARNING ALL THE TYPES OF DIFFERENT HARNESS AND ASSEMBLY.VERY ENJOYABLE AND VERY WELL PAYED.
Fast paced and competitive
Account Manager - E&E Division (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 23, 2015
Strong development opportunities and fast paced. Have to be motivated and push yourself.I learned a lot about my own development, industries and client management. Relationship building and networking is a big part of your success.
Still under assestment
Low Voltage Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 8, 2015
Pros: No opinion
Cons: No opiniou
The company was not aware that they had a abusive client that has a history of going through technicians. I am upset that I left a secure position and landed into a intolerable work place. They are currently taking steps to correct the issues; however, I am still waiting to see what the out come will be.
productive
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Concord, ONNovember 3, 2015
Aerotek is a good company. I'm working there for almost 3 years now but the only thing i'm looking for is to become permanent in this company.
Work safe otherwise don't and listening to music while you work
Computer/Warehouse Technician/Project Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Had two 15mnts and one hale hour brakes
Cons: No weekend work, only Monday to Friday
A typical day at work, i arrived at work at 07.20am everyday and starts work at 07.30am. Do data entry for few hours and then get involved in physical jobs, like refurbishing and cleaning coputers. Loading and unloading goods from trucks with furklift. Management is the best and co-workers are the very team you'll always want to work with,anytime.
Good team based and enviornment
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Aerotek gave employees the opportunity to advance within the company. There was a friendly competitive atmosphere which helped encourage employees to work to their full potential.
drove truck for a few companies
Inventory management (Former Employee), BramptonAugust 10, 2015
i work for them for a few different companies. I like the staff there and they were always good to me.. I would work for them again
Fun workplace
Restoration Technician (Former Employee), High River, ABJune 28, 2015
Pros: Great career advancement
Cons: Long hours
Reviewing all duties to be done for the shift. Working along side a team of individuals. I learned a lot of team work. Hardest part of the job was the long shifts. The best part was the career advancement
Do these guys even know what TIG welding is?
SUPPOSED TIG WELDER (Former Employee), SCARBOROUGHMay 5, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: wasting people's time, illinformed staff, cheap
A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME
What the company actually wanted were a bunch of shop helpers not welders; in fact they don't any real welding at all.
Bad company to work for
RECRUITER (Former Employee), Richmond, BCFebruary 23, 2015
Aerotek is the worst working experience I had in my life. Benefits are bad. Will never help you to grow in the company. The management of the company will always try to put you down on daily basis. and a lot of favoritism.

The higher management can never stay on their on word. The one they will something else and other day they will change their mind. Aerotek has a very high transition rate.

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD company to work for.
Summary
Recruiter (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 23, 2015
a typical day includes in bound and out bound calls, computer work, emails, customer and client interaction and relationship building
Temp Agrency
Administration Temp (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 23, 2015
They always managed to find me work and I was able to work at some very interesting places. Working with excel and word daily helped build more of my skills.
some what ok place to work for
Counter Balance Operator (Former Employee), MississiaugaJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: no commet
Cons: no comet
They are slow to return your call , when you need to talk to the person who sent you to a job you end up having to talk to some one else .
Sales driven environment with an outgoing culture fit
Professional Services Recruiter (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: phone allowance, mileage expense, lunch expense, growth
Cons: no work life balance, high stress, commission based compensation
I have excelled in several HR related skills since my time of being here. I have had the pleasure to meet several great people including employees, clients and contractors. It has been an excellent place to work upon graduating from HR, however; it is not a long term fit for me due to a few unecessary stressors. I also strongly believe in work life balance and it is very tough to receive that within this organization.
Trades people who worked for the company directly makes 10.00 more an hour? High turn over, never work for an employment agency again!
millwright (Former Employee), VancouverOctober 16, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: the company employees makes 10 more an hour.
Aerotek is terrible period lied to right from the beginning.
The WORST
Business Operations Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioAugust 13, 2014
Cons: long hours, poor management
I was an internal employee at Aerotek working in their corporate office.

Everytime I go for a new job interview and they ask me about my time at Aerotek, I am always 100% honest in how much I hated it there.

My lead supervisor was extremely unsupportive of me. One time she called me in to her office and proceeded to tell me how my co workers out of Montreal said I was unprofessional because I accidentally hiccup-burped while speaking to them. She told me that as a result she lost faith in my abilities as someone on her team. It took all of my willpower to not tell her where to go. Management was a joke. They came into work late every single day. It's really hard when you work your butt off and it's still not good enough. I was so stressed out there it was a blessing when they let me go without cause. Which, by the way, is their way of firing you because they don't like you anymore and giving you a somewhat OK severance pay.

Aerotek recycles people. The turnover is ridiculous. Aerotek sends a message to their employees that they really care about you BUT it's a business and the second anyone can get ahead, they compromise their morals and values to do so.

An example of this is when I was let go. My co-worker, who I had trained and became friends with over the 2 years I was there, was promoted as my new supervisor. A week later, they gave her the task of letting me go. When I asked her why she was dismissing me she refused to tell me. The fact that my own lead supervisor wasn't the one who had the guts to tell me herself, still baffles me. It's disgusting.

Don't work there – more... with the intention of staying long term. The only good thing I took from that experience was the actual work ethic I developed as a result of being over-worked. I also learned a lot from a different supervisor I had who hated it there as much as I did but was able to tolerate it.

If you are comfortable compromising your dignity, it's definitely the place for you. – less
Staffing Agency
Material Handler/Contract (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 30, 2014
Found me a position at a good company. were professional and courteous.
Prepares you to work diligently at a fast paced
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 27, 2014
- Great people
- Management was awesome and on top of everything
- Great hours
Productive and professional environment.
Light Industrial Worker (Current Employee), Windsor, OntarioApril 8, 2014
I am learning a lot about waste water treatment, that is complementing my studies in Feedwater chemistry at St Clair College, and also preparing me for the Power Engineering Industry.
I monitor process variable values such as flow rates, pressures, and levels. The management is very professional, and helpful, and my co-workers are cooperative. The hardest part of the job is simply making sure that I stay awake on the night shift, but I ensure that by staying busy and setting alarms for each time I have to go on rounds. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of knowing that what I am doing is helping to ensure the safety and protection of persons and property.
Cashier Tim Hortons
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 7, 2014
Arrive 10 minutes early
set up cash
satisfy customers

learned: Multitasking
How to conduct cash flow
customer service

management: they were a thrill to work with, very kind very professional.

co-workers: also professional and very fast paced and enjoyable to work with

hardest part: i don't really have anything bad to say. I loved it here.

enjoyable: The customers....Always!