Aerotek

3.2K reviews

Aerotek Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
drove truck for a few companies
Inventory management (Former Employee), BramptonAugust 10, 2015
i work for them for a few different companies. I like the staff there and they were always good to me.. I would work for them again
Fun workplace
Restoration Technician (Former Employee), High River, ABJune 28, 2015
Pros: Great career advancement
Cons: Long hours
Reviewing all duties to be done for the shift. Working along side a team of individuals. I learned a lot of team work. Hardest part of the job was the long shifts. The best part was the career advancement
Do these guys even know what TIG welding is?
SUPPOSED TIG WELDER (Former Employee), SCARBOROUGHMay 5, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: wasting people's time, illinformed staff, cheap
A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME
What the company actually wanted were a bunch of shop helpers not welders; in fact they don't any real welding at all.
Bad company to work for
RECRUITER (Former Employee), Richmond, BCFebruary 23, 2015
Aerotek is the worst working experience I had in my life. Benefits are bad. Will never help you to grow in the company. The management of the company will always try to put you down on daily basis. and a lot of favoritism.

The higher management can never stay on their on word. The one they will something else and other day they will change their mind. Aerotek has a very high transition rate.

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD company to work for.
Summary
Recruiter (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 23, 2015
a typical day includes in bound and out bound calls, computer work, emails, customer and client interaction and relationship building
Temp Agrency
Administration Temp (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 23, 2015
They always managed to find me work and I was able to work at some very interesting places. Working with excel and word daily helped build more of my skills.
some what ok place to work for
Counter Balance Operator (Former Employee), MississiaugaJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: no commet
Cons: no comet
They are slow to return your call , when you need to talk to the person who sent you to a job you end up having to talk to some one else .
Sales driven environment with an outgoing culture fit
Professional Services Recruiter (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: phone allowance, mileage expense, lunch expense, growth
Cons: no work life balance, high stress, commission based compensation
I have excelled in several HR related skills since my time of being here. I have had the pleasure to meet several great people including employees, clients and contractors. It has been an excellent place to work upon graduating from HR, however; it is not a long term fit for me due to a few unecessary stressors. I also strongly believe in work life balance and it is very tough to receive that within this organization.
Trades people who worked for the company directly makes 10.00 more an hour? High turn over, never work for an employment agency again!
millwright (Former Employee), VancouverOctober 16, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: the company employees makes 10 more an hour.
Aerotek is terrible period lied to right from the beginning.
The WORST
Business Operations Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioAugust 13, 2014
Cons: long hours, poor management
I was an internal employee at Aerotek working in their corporate office.

Everytime I go for a new job interview and they ask me about my time at Aerotek, I am always 100% honest in how much I hated it there.

My lead supervisor was extremely unsupportive of me. One time she called me in to her office and proceeded to tell me how my co workers out of Montreal said I was unprofessional because I accidentally hiccup-burped while speaking to them. She told me that as a result she lost faith in my abilities as someone on her team. It took all of my willpower to not tell her where to go. Management was a joke. They came into work late every single day. It's really hard when you work your butt off and it's still not good enough. I was so stressed out there it was a blessing when they let me go without cause. Which, by the way, is their way of firing you because they don't like you anymore and giving you a somewhat OK severance pay.

Aerotek recycles people. The turnover is ridiculous. Aerotek sends a message to their employees that they really care about you BUT it's a business and the second anyone can get ahead, they compromise their morals and values to do so.

An example of this is when I was let go. My co-worker, who I had trained and became friends with over the 2 years I was there, was promoted as my new supervisor. A week later, they gave her the task of letting me go. When I asked her why she was dismissing me she refused to tell me. The fact that my own lead supervisor wasn't the one who had the guts to tell me herself, still baffles me. It's disgusting.

Don't work there with the intention of staying long term. The only good thing I took from that experience was the actual work ethic I developed as a result of being over-worked. I also learned a lot from a different supervisor I had who hated it there as much as I did but was able to tolerate it.

If you are comfortable compromising your dignity, it's definitely the place for you.
Staffing Agency
Material Handler/Contract (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 30, 2014
Found me a position at a good company. were professional and courteous.
Prepares you to work diligently at a fast paced
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 27, 2014
- Great people
- Management was awesome and on top of everything
- Great hours
Productive and professional environment.
Light Industrial Worker (Current Employee), Windsor, OntarioApril 8, 2014
I am learning a lot about waste water treatment, that is complementing my studies in Feedwater chemistry at St Clair College, and also preparing me for the Power Engineering Industry.
I monitor process variable values such as flow rates, pressures, and levels. The management is very professional, and helpful, and my co-workers are cooperative. The hardest part of the job is simply making sure that I stay awake on the night shift, but I ensure that by staying busy and setting alarms for each time I have to go on rounds. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of knowing that what I am doing is helping to ensure the safety and protection of persons and property.
Cashier Tim Hortons
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 7, 2014
Arrive 10 minutes early
set up cash
satisfy customers

learned: Multitasking
How to conduct cash flow
customer service

management: they were a thrill to work with, very kind very professional.

co-workers: also professional and very fast paced and enjoyable to work with

hardest part: i don't really have anything bad to say. I loved it here.

enjoyable: The customers....Always!
general labour, shipping
Production Worker (Former Employee), stratford,OnMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good work week sun - wed
Cons: long shifts 12-14 hrs per day
*general labour,
* Warehouse,
*shipping
* working close with others as well as individually
* hardest part of job temperature of building in summer (no real ventilation) average temp in summer is 32 degrees inside warehouse
* most enjoyable people I worked with
fast paced work environment, excellent training provided
Recruiter (Former Employee), ABJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: great culture, the people have fun, challenging, and great training and development
Cons: no stable pay because of commission, did not provide work/life satisfaction
Aerotek was a great place to work. They work hard and play hard. The only thing that is a bit negative is that it's a roller coaster of emotions and can become very stressed. If you take time off, or move, you pretty much start at the bottom again while all of your commission is falling off. If you are competitive and are not looking to get married/having a family any time soon, without first being successful with this company, its a great job.
During lunch break when we talked bout sport, I like soccer and other likes football.
Packaging and Crane Operator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 12, 2013
Pros: free luch
Cons: over time.
This was a first work I got after I completed college, though it was not in line with field of study but I enjoy every thing. It was twelve hour shift and you had two or three day off which I really love because it give more time to spend with little boy of a year old.
A typical day is almost the same thing every day, get ready to wrapped coils for either export or in house, export is more stressing than in house, depending on the customer, some export really need all kind of procedure to be followed, but in house is just picked out of the line and placed on pallet to taken away.
I don't really had much with management, expect when after completing a task and your are asked to redo it again because certain customer wants it this way.
My co-worker, those are the people who make even a better place to work, I had an excellent co-worker and team leader, I think every team leader should be like the one I had. Easy going as long as you don't get behind in your work.
Hardest part of the job, when the line is full and there is no tow truck to remove a finished product that has being wrapped and this particular customer, the procedure to follow compared to all other customer is the most difficult and hardest to deal with.
The most enjoyable part of the work is toward closing, when you are cleaning up and the next hour you are on your way home after a long 12 hours shift.
Great team enviroment
NIGHT SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Concord, ONOctober 16, 2013
Hardest part of the job was lifting glass. Best part was the team I was working with.
Recruiter/Account Recruitment Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 2, 2013
Outstanding team oriented approach to connecting top companies with top talent.
Hate Crime is very high
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 8, 2013
Aerotek was send me to get abuse. Their site mangers are very abusive. Hate Crime is very high at their client site.

Pay is very law. you can do nothing with that pay in this competitive world.
Headquarters