AEROTEK ULC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very nice and peaceful work environment
Product Test Technician (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 3, 2015
The company provides very nice and peaceful work environment in which a person can work and implement new ideas and techniques. I learned many new techniques to debug different printed circuit boards. The co-workers are very helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is that they give a chance to implement new techniques to repair and debug different printed circuit boards.
Great Entry level job
Customer Support Associate (Former Employee), CanadaJanuary 21, 2015
This a company that's great for entry level professionals who don't always know what they want to do. The expectation is that you'll work hard and play hard, but the play never comes if you don't fit their mould perfectly. And you really do work hard. It was a great learning experience, but at some point, you want to spend time with you family and friends, or actually enjoy your vacation instead of checking in at the end of each day.
Counter productive management, no communication
Quality Assurance and CAN-Technician (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 27, 2014
Pros: on bus route, tons of ot available, work is pretty easy
Cons: dangerous, bad management, next to zero job security
Chew you up and spit you out. They don't care about you or your employment.

I worked at the precision resources location. Floor manager is an absolute jerk to everyone for no reason (literally everyone, actually had the lead hand and another supervisor warn me about it before meeting him but holy cow, still could not have seen that coming).

A lot of the people who work there and some of the supervisors/leads are actually really helpful and also friendly. For the most part nobody wants to see each other screwing up or hurting themselves. Nobody in the place knows how to use their software correctly though; if you are even remotely computer savvy you will facepalm the skin on your forehead off watching multi-year employees struggle with simple number entry tasks.

Quality Assurance can never make up their mind what is acceptable and what is not. You will be constantly reminded there are detailed work instructions in the job log-in software, which is true but is often out of date or contradicts other instructions. Often times gauges were sent back to the QA lab and returned to us unable to pass any part; often times the gauges were not correctly measured or were set up without the proper part specifications - it was literally almost never the fault of the manufacturing process.

People are not familiar with the heavy machinery they are using. Belt sanders were damaged and often the belts would run off the rollers and grind through the doors of the machinery and send sparks and smoke shooting all over. I was often tasked with fixing this, wanna know how? Hit the roller alignment – more... with a steel pipe until it re-centers. No joke.

Management has bad communication within themselves, I would often be running parts on plural machines and have various section supervisors asking me for parts to be done before others which other supervisors had asked to be done before anything else. Total madhouse and you will waste at least 10 minutes of every hour running around trying to find someone to finalize what is supposed to be going on.

Contract workers only get time and a half on holidays, but they are also not mandatory. They will try to "guilt" you into working OT telling you it is one of the things they look at when hiring on permanent. Here's the part they didn't include, if the floor manager decides he doesn't like you (which he likely will) you have no chance of getting hired on. I was even given a performance bonus and some gift cards after about 3 months for my "good work" but when my contract was up that was it.
Heard from many of the few-year employees that they often find reasons to fire full time employees to bring in cheaper contract workers. Apparently the permanent employees are reducing in number pretty constantly. This could be precision OR aerotek's fault. – less
Great placement
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Prince GeorgeMarch 4, 2014
Pros: lots of communication
Cons: none that i have seen
Working with this company was a great experience and I look forward to doing more contract work with them in the future!
An interesting place to work.
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: wages, company events, good bonus structure, job security
Cons: hours, hard for newcomers to adapt quickly, you are at beckon of candidates at all hours.
2 Years of working with Aerotek taught me many things, there is no such thing as a typical day there. Most people think that a recruiting/sales job will eventually get repetitive, I challenge that notion, although some tasks will feel repetitive, in general you'll be meeting new people each day, speaking with thousands of qualified people, and managing relationships with some interesting clients. The hardest part of the job will always be the commitment required, Aerotek is less a job, more a way of living something. What I mean by that is once you have built up a good credibility with candidates, they will constantly contact you, sometimes at odd hours. In addition the fact that you are in a position (should you have learned your job well), when-in you will be constantly asked for market advice, this means that if you are the type of person that dives in too deep, you will be breathing, eating, and sleeping your job with little time for anything else. There are some great rewards for this, a great reputation, and great wages, along with performance bonus. Most of your co-workers will be great people, the type that you can make friends with and depend on, that being said however they are as much caught up in the same situation as you are, each trying to best balance their life and work, this can sometimes lead newcomers to feel left out, and often leads them to believe that competition is higher than it is (with the seasoned sales/recruiters getting the bulk of the business due to their extended network). However that is not the case, a bit of elbow grease and newcomers can – more... rise quite quickly.

I would rate them quite highly as an employer, falling short only on work/life balance, management, and culture. Culture as I listed above for newcomers, and management as each individual is self motivated/managed, however the direct feedback environment can sometimes feel like micro management, once the emotion is removed however most people will see that the feedback is benefiting and bringing the team closer, but as stated it's hard for many to handle. – less
Aerotek
Customer Support Associate (Current Employee), CalgaryJune 4, 2013
Very results oriented company with strong values and competitive nature. They have is a friendly open environment but at times may be too low on the work-life balance and culture can be intimidating.