The job of a Senior Complex Component Engineer requires advanced formal engineering education, prior experience in digital HW design, superior problem solving skills and independent decision-making ability. The role includes the ability to manage the product's architectural design, formulation of the HW requirements and generally oversee the design of the product for harsh environmental. Typically the job includes the design, development and verification of programming devices.
- This position reports to the HW Engineering Manager and is part of a dynamic team implementing positive change to an already excellent organization.
- Complex component (FPGA, CPLD) Design and Verification from concept to implementation including:
- Perform functions analysis and traceability from user's requirements to formal design
- Prepare for and conduct design reviews (DDR, PDR, CDR, etc) as required
- Plan, develop and lead verification/qualification testing of complex components based on RTCA DO-254 guidelines.
- Supervise the work of more junior designers
- Assist with preparation of estimates, schedules, compliance matrixes and costing for bids when required
- Generation of VHDL code for programmable logic verification
- Generation of re-useable Test Bench IP
- Participation in the management and organization of re-useable Test Bench IP
- Supporting implementation of complex component devices in circuit design Generation of documentation.
- Working with Design Engineering to implement and verify complex component design corrections
Providing input to Hardware design and attend Hardware design reviews
- Software Experience
- Libero Software design tools
- Modelsim or Questa simulation tools
Bachelor's Degree in Electrial or Aerospace Engineering and at least 5 years of experience in the followings:
- Digital Hardware Design (uP and FPGA circuits)
- Design and verification in compliance with RTCA DO-254
- VHDL coding and synthesis
- Microsemi (Actel) and/or Lattice FPGA architecture
- RTL simulation and test-branch creation
- Timing analysis
- Digital signal processing techniques
- SEU mitigation techniques experiences
Working experience with safety of performance critical products; aerospace, robotics or medical product design experience a definite asset
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to reliably meet deadlines while paying close attention to detail
- Must be eligible to meet requirements of CGP and ITAR
- Both verbal and written communications skills play an important role in this position
Only candidates who we feel meet all critetia will be contacted for interviews. Thank You.