Reporting to the Software Manager, the Intermediate Software Designer/Engineer requires advanced formal engineering or computer science education and training, superior problem solving skills and independent decision-making ability. Responsibilities include coordinating software development tasks and designing and implementing software systems in a team setting. Systems typically require the analysis, design and development of test software for windows based ground support equipment and Automatic Test Equipment (ATE).
- Perform hardware, software and interfaces trade off and feasibility studies on ATE design
Analyze and develop software architecture and software design for ATE development
- Perform software requirement analysis, software design, software implementation and software verification on GSE software
- Perform software verification and validation using ATE for ATP, HSIT and functional tests
- Perform modeling, simulation and verification of control algorithms using ATE
- Develop test cases and test procedures using scripts for ATE
- Perform software traceability analysis from system requirements to software design and implementation for software verification and validation
- Perform and support hardware and software integration and troubleshooting at target level
- Perform activities as assigned by the Software Manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent combination of training and experience in Software and Engineering Industries.
- Working experience with proven development abilities to design, test and to deliver GSE software systems
- Minimum of 4 years experience with C/C++, JAVA and Visual C programming languages
- Development of applications in WIndows environment (USB, Serial Commucations etc.)
- Minimum 2 years experience with integrated software development environment (SDE) tools and scripting languages (Python) in MS Windows and Linux
- Familiar with and working experience on developing test software in GSE and ATE environment
- Working experience on model-based software design and implementation methodologies and models (Simulink, SCADE, LabView)
- Familiar with and working experience on FreeScale MPC55xx, ARM7 and Cortex-Mx micro-controller series is an asset
- Experience in hardware inputs/outputs and logic analyzer interfaces is an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and able to meet tight deadlines
- Only candidates who we feel meet all critetia will be contacted for interviews. Thank You.