Aeropostale

Aeropostale Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun retail job environment
Sales Associate & Cash Wrap S pecialist (Former Employee), hamitlonJuly 9, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: not enought hours
During my shift, I am mostly on cash. I hold special codes to authorize returns. If I'm not on cash, I'll be on the sales floor assisting customers with sizes, fitting rooms and building a bigger sale. My managers are so flexible and respect each employee. Their very fair when dealing with issues. My co-workers are fun to work with we all get along and work as a team. The hardest part of the job is dealing with dissatisfied customers. The best part of the job is interacting with customers and assisting them find what they need.
Very friendly work environment
Retail sales associate (Current Employee), halton hillsJuly 6, 2015
Hardest part is making sales on a not so busy day
Fun place to work but not given many hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJune 10, 2015
Pros: co-workers, fun work environment
Cons: not enough hours
I enjoyed working as a sales associate at Aeropostale. My co-workers and managers were all very friendly and good people to work with. It was fun to merchandise the store, and i also enjoyed working with the customers to find them the perfect clothing items. Not enough hours were given however, there were weeks where I would not even have one shift. This particular store is now closed down.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, OnJune 3, 2015
Good staff, capable management an all around good work environment. Able to work without stress of management bearing down my neck.
Very professional.
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJune 1, 2015
I enjoyed working for Aeropostale, every time I came in for a shift I was shown what my tasks were for the day and what my sales goal was. The staff was very friendly and I always felt at home. Unfortunately we did shut down in June of 2015.
fun productive workplace where i always felt safe
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kingston, ONMay 29, 2015
Pros: online schedualing
the management team was very highly respected and easy going and easy to get along with. all of my co workers were very easy to get along with and fun to be around. I've learned how to be productive and get my work done, and manage my time well but at the same time have fun while doing so.
Amazing work experience with the best people!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Saint John, New Brunsiwck and Kingston, OntarioMay 27, 2015
Aeropostale has taught me how to be an effective leader, how to manage my time so I can get everything done, and most importantly it has taught me that for a work place to run smoothly, you must work as a team.

I started at Aeropostale in high school as a part-time employee, and now I am Assistant Manager. The company loves to promote from inside, which I think is amazing.

Aero has given me the best customer service skills, visual skills, the ability to think on my feet and the passion to want to bring this fierce desire I have into another job.

Although I do love this job, we are closing the Saint John location in a few weeks, (June week 2) and therefore I am seeking part-time employment beggining as soon as possible.
Fun environment, great staff, and amazing clothing
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHWRAP SPECIALIST (Former Employee), West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton, ABMay 26, 2015
A typical day at work as Cash Wrap Specialist, is a busy day but a fun day. I've learned how make efficient use of my time and efficiently put my leadership skills to good use.
The staff is fun but their number one priority would be the customers. There are some staff members who go above and beyond to please the customers need and make them feel like they had a great customer service.
Amazing work place
sales associate (Former Employee), Pickering, ONMay 14, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: leaving
I loved working at Aero, the management become like family and my co-workers became my best friends.
In the store I would be a cashier or help anyone in need of finding an item in the back room or front of the store. I would also give my opinion on something when asked.
the hardest part of the job was having to leave it because the store was closing down.
I learned a lot working there, communication skills and more.
Met new people and great time assisting customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2015
I learned how to communicate with people and assist them in putting together different types of outfits that they could wear on a day to day basis. The greatest part was that my co-workers were amazing people to work with. A day at work was never boring.
its an okay place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), scarborough ontarioApril 25, 2015
Pros: 50% off a month
Cons: lack of managment, respect. one shift per week.
Aeropostale was an okay place to work at. the management was alright. its just a one day shift a week which was the bad part.
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pickering, ONApril 21, 2015
At Aero, I have learned a lot of new skills and to develop my customer service experience. What I most like about working at Aero, is the great team work and management.
Productive and great environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCApril 7, 2015
Learned how to work with customers in all situations and teaching younger associates the ins and outs of retail and customer service
Overall, it was a good place to be.
Sales Associate and Ambassador (Current Employee), Markham, ONMarch 22, 2015
Working here is really great, the people you get to work with are some of the best people you'll ever meet. They make the work experience so much more better.

A lot of the job is dealing with customers and making sales, which sometimes may be difficult but it becomes easier the more you talk with your customers. Some customers may be difficult but you just have to try your best to work things out with them.
It requires you to be a little bit more social and outgoing so in regards to that, I've definitely developed some social skills as I was a relatively shy person, but that'll only help you in the future.
Aeropostale
Sales Associate/Management (Former Employee), Langley, British ColumbiaMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great team to work with
Cons: repetative work
Great company, spent 6 years working for the company. I was promoted to a sales lead position where I was then in charge of a list of staff members. Unfortunately the store closed down January of 2015.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: managers are very understanding
Cons: not many hours and not very busy
Aeropostale is a great job that I enjoy working at, however I do not enjoy the lack of hours and the lack of business when I do work. I typically work closing and I am only given about 3 hours a work a week
Strong Values with a Great Culture.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 29, 2015
You really end up being a jack of all trades in the retail business.
Responsibilities include:
-Customer Service
-Housekeeping
-Merchandising
-Troubleshooting
-Hiring/Training
-Paperwork Organization (HR filing system, health and safety)
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ON (Georgian Mall)January 24, 2015
Pros: discount, atmosphere, energy, people
I typical day at work consisted of everyday duties. Duties that included; ensuring the store was clean for customers, making sure that all the clothing looked appealing (eg. folding t-shirts that have been unfolded by customers), greeting customers and asking if they needed assistance, etc.
I learned through this job very important customer service qualities. It was my first job so I was learning everything for the first time. I believe that Aeropotale was a great company to learn skills from in terms of customer service. I also learned how to operate a cash register, I found this to be very useful because the skill is often required in many jobs, being well experienced with it is very useful.
Overall the management was good, however after making a comment about cutting my hair to donate to cancer I was told that I would no longer be able to work there because I wouldn't look good enough for the companies standards. I found that comment to be very discriminating and it changed my very on the job and my experience.
My co-workers were very great people, we all built great relationships with one another and each of them were hard workers which was great to work with.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with maintaining the appearance of the store, only because it needed constant attention. Even though it was difficult I enjoyed it, I gained time management skills from it and learned how to work efficiently.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment. I would go to work and there would always be a positive vibe in the store.
Good place for starting in the workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 19, 2015
A nice organized company. Good for learning skills
Not to fast and the management is very clear on orders and knows exactly what to do.
Productive and fun workplace where you can be yourself
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, On.January 16, 2015
Pros: the environment
Cons: lots of refolding clothes
-A typical day at work consists of keeping the store tidy, folding clothing, helping customers find their perfect purchase, helping customers through customer service, dealing with customers in a fast paced environment, working as a team and answering questions quickly and accurately.
- I learned more responsibility, retail experience, lots about fashion and much more.
-My co-workers and management team were fantastic, they were there whenever I needed them to help me with any questions.
-The hardest part of my job was the slow hours because there wasn't much to do in the store.
-The most enjoyable part was making sales to customers and seeing how happy they are with their purchases.

1 2 3

About Aeropostale

Aéropostale flies high in the world of youth fashion. The retailer operates more than 1,050 mostly mall-based stores under the – Read more