Aeropostale Employee Reviews in Canada

hard working fun place to be
stock and merchandising (Former Employee) –  Bayshore, ONJune 28, 2016
I would fold all the clothes in the store then re stock them, I also would help the costumers find their size and help them find what they are looking for. I learned a lot about customer service, how to react with a customer that is giving you a hard time. Ive learned about how a store works. My coworkers were amazing we always worked as a team, the hardest part about my job was dealing with rude costumers but what i enjoyed the most is probably the people I worked with.
Pros
discounts
Cons
i dont shop there
Good place to work for if it wasn't for it closed down
Senior Merchandise Flow, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 27, 2016
Managers are very understanding, also managers want their employees to advance or to create opportunities to grow. The job required me to come into work by 7am to work on shipment, (which I didn't mind at all) and then finish at 4pm.
Pros
Managers are understanding
Cons
Shipment can sometimes be a really heavy load (I am by myself) to finish the load
Fun place to work with many great workers and new experiences
Sales Associate, Aero Ambassador, Stylist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 16, 2016
Always genuinely enjoyed working here, had so much fun and loved getting to know and helping out the customers in need.
Learned alot about communicating to people and how to be pursuasive in selling, cash training learned
Management and co-workers were amazing, super friendly, felt like a family
Not a hard job; loved getting to help people
Fun workplace with polite coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 14, 2016
I really enjoyed working at this company, I felt very welcomed on my first during my first days. This company is very good at making sure that their employees feel safe and comfortable. The managers at this store are very polite, and do their best to make sure you achieve your job tot he best of your abilities. This job really taught me how to interact with customers and it also increased my responsibility/Organization skills immensely.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Not enough hours
Good but Not so Good
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 25, 2016
It was all great until I lost my job due to the company going bankrupt. The employees were positive and easy to work with, the hours were good, the store was always clean to shop in, they build relationship with their customers.
Pros
Good atmosphere and they instil good relationship building qualities within employies
Cons
The company went bankrupt
Great place to Work
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 4, 2016
I was a sales associate working customer services and cash.
I learned how to work with others and how retail is run. My management and coworkers were really great. I really enjoyed being able to be apart of this team and work under great staff. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with busy days but i learned how to handed them.
Fun workplace
Stocks Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 4, 2016
A typical day at work consists of bringing in shipments, opening boxes, organizing the clothes in the back and bringing the necessary items to the shop front. I also had to order clothing to the store on occasion. It was very tedious work and a little physically demanding, but the people I worked with were great. Most of the time I had to organize the stock on my own in the back and it made it a little more challenging when I didn't work with someone because I had a set amount of items to sort for a certain time.
Pros
able to work at own pace
Cons
physically taxing
Poor work environment and poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Maple, ONMarch 4, 2016
A typical work day would consist of a brief 4 hour shift. Management would put pressure on you to make sales and make you feel bad if you didn't. I wish the environment was more professional instead of cleaning up messes that children of parents leave around the store. However I did pick up great customer service skills and excellent communication skills. This allowed me to strive in this company.
Pros
Outgoing work area
Cons
Agressive/ Rude Customers
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate/Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ONJune 26, 2016
I typical day at work would be handling and counting shipment, keeping the stock room organized and assisting customers in sales.
Pros
Good relationships with other employees and employers
Cons
Low Pay
Active and Fun
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MarkhamMay 6, 2016
My role as a sales associate involved constant communication with customers and being able to identify customer needs within seconds. Achieve target goals set by store manager and was able reach individual quota.
fun workplace
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMay 30, 2016
we all feel so close like a family, we enjoy our everyday company and work together well. I learned to drive sales and following up co-workers. there were some issues in the management but we all manage to work it out.
Aeropostale | Kingsway Garden Mall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 17, 2015
I would have to ask customers if they needed help, help them with a fitting room if they looked like they couldn't carry the clothing items that were in their hand when they were shopping on the sales floor. I also had to be a cashier sometimes depending on the stores demand during a day and how many people were working.

The people i worked with were all cool people, my manager was awesome .

The hardest part of the job was doing shipping and handling or opening boxes and doing inventory stock because . It was a good place to work , I grew a lot and developed a a lot of customer service skills during the process .
Pros
Retail / Customer Service ( Easy Work )
Cons
Not worth the Pay
Fun workplace but not enough hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 27, 2016
I loved working there, when I got to work there. I didn't get many shifts and when I did, it was only 3-hour shifts which only gave me 3-6 hours a week.
Pros
employees were great.
Cons
not enough hours
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Stittsville, ONApril 25, 2016
I absolutely love working at aero. There is such a great team of people from the management team to the part timers. The hours are fairly flexible and there is always something new to learn!
Pros
team
Cons
several changes
Wonderful company to work for.
Merchandise Flow Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 28, 2016
Lots of room to grow in the company, really enjoyed my journey through the company. Ive learned countless things work and personal wise while working for my company.
Productive and Fun
Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 15, 2016
Very fun work environment, learned a lot in the time i was there (Seasonal) Made lots of friends and i enjoyed every second i was there working
Pros
Love working
Cons
Short Hours
pleasant place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 30, 2016
great people and company to work for, always had nice customers come in. very busy athmosphere, co-workers were great and the teamwork was amazing.
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
shift work
Exceptional Clothing, Smiling Faces
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 16, 2016
I enjoyed working at aeropostale because of the clothing, the people, and the work environment.
I would have liked longer shifts, but the overall atmosphere that I went into everyday was a perfect one for me.
Pros
Clothing
Cons
Not a lot of shifts
fun productive workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2016
fun productive workplace with great friendly staff and management
great costumer service experience and secure job
easy going and easy workplace
Pros
discounts
Cons
black friday
Fast paced environment with excellent co-workers and management team.
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 15, 2015
Fast paced environment where you can learn how to give great customer service under pressure and during busy times. Developed great teamwork skills in achieving individual and store goals. No real breaks unless hours are longer than 5 hours and difficult customers.
Pros
Fun management and co-workers all the time
Cons
No breaks, difficult customers