Aeropostale Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 July 2017
Pros: Selling Clothing
Discounts
Sales Experience
Fun Environment

Cons: Not enough hours per week
On- call shifts
Highschool part time job
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 June 2017
Worked a few hours through highschool, was my first retail job. learned all the basic procedures to run a clothing store. Taught me responsibility and punctuality.
productive
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2017
It was a pleasure working for Aeropostale during the short time I was there. The management and associates are very welcoming and make the work day go by quickly. During the holidays, we had theme days that made it more enjoyable. There were contest between the stores and within each store. These contest made working very productive during each shift I worked. But the hour & pay was horrible.
Retail is Retail
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2017
Not much to say about Aero. They went bankrupt so there is no way you could work for them. It was retail, no different than any other clothes store in West Edmonton Mall
productive and fun workplace
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 May 2017
A typical day at Aeropostale is folding clothes or helping our costumers with whatever sizes they need. I've learned to multitask while interacting with costumers since it is part of our job description. The management is very professional but; but maintain to make sure they're staff members gets the benefits and all the training they need to efficiently perform their job.
Pros
monthly meetings
Wasn't the grestest
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 May 2017
Management didn't know what to do
Sometimes they disappear so they can go smoke outside
Have unrealistic standards (example: make $3500 in sales in a 4 hour shift but majority of the clothes are on sale, like???)
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
A fun work environment with great associates, and phenomenal management staff.
Cash wrap specialist (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON26 April 2017
Working at Aeropostale was an overall friendly environment and fun workplace. Management was fair and treated all associates equally providing good opportunities to obtain a higher position.
Pros
Nice managers
Cons
Customers occasionally become irritating
Great place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 April 2017
It's like a home away from home where people are treated respectfully and equally. Lots of encouragement from storeline management as well as upper management!
Pros
Health benefits, store discounts, bonus opportunities.
Cons
Christmas in retail is stressful here like everywhere else.
Lively, fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job was working as a cashier. I've had a great experience interacting with different customers. The managers were very accommodating of the busy life of a high school student during the year.
Pros
Great Managers
Great Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 April 2017
I had an awesome experience working here and was sad to leave! Great company that cares about their customers and their employees! My team was great and we were like family. We had a few meetings together and lots of chances to bond. The work was fairly straight forward; clean, help customers, deal with cash/debit/credit, do visuals, all of it was enjoyable.

Want to know more about Aeropostale?

Ask a question
Good part time job
Sales Associate, Cashier and Merch Flow (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2017
It's retail so it can be fun or boring. Good part time job. Don't expect a lot of hours all the time time. It's up and down most of the time. But still good part time job.
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 March 2017
The whole staff was friendly and easy-going. As a new part-timer, the staff were very welcoming and kind and made the work environment more enjoyable.
Pros
Outgoing staff
Cons
A lot of shoplifting
Aeropostale
Part Time Sales-Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 March 2017
It was my first retail job and it was quite frustrating, but only in ways that were expected - minimal hours given, constant change in management, lack of communication.
productive
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2017
There was always something to do
Folding clothes
Fixed overall view of the store
Received shipment and put it away
Opened and closed the store up to all standars
Fun team enviroment
Merchandise flow (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2017
The team at Aeropostale felt like family. Its a shame all stores in Canada had to close. It takes a long time to move up the latter for a job like this.
Pros
positive enviroment
Cons
Part time only
Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 March 2017
This was my first job, I enjoyed it at the time very much.
The management at my particular location had a high turnaround, but were good for the most part. The coaching was useful and helped me towards my goals.
Great place to work at as a first job
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 February 2017
Working at Aeropostale as a first job was great, my coworkers were considered family and everyone worked amazingly well together.
I learned to strengthen my social skills and learned how to meet targeted goals each day.
The managers were all friendly and great leaders to look up to at work.

Hardest part of the job was maintaining the store during holidays, it was expected that all products were kept and organized during store hours.
Pros
great managers and coworkers, part-time and full time available, easy going enviroment
Cons
holiday hours, sometimes part time only means 4-8 hours a week
Great place to gain experience, great staff and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 February 2017
A typical day at Aeropostale was working the floor and making sure clothes were folded properly, helping out customers with purchases and trying on clothes, and working cash. I enjoyed working at Aeropostale because I gained experience with working with a cash register and interacting with people. The social aspect helped me come out of my shell and be able to comfortably approach people. The staff was fun and hardworking, and the managers were always understanding and caring. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping out customers.
Amazing job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 February 2017
This was my first official job. I wished it wasn't seasonal. If I could I would have stayed there. I had the best time working there. Everyone was so helpful when you asked for help, understanding about personal things. Taught me everything that I needed to know, and made me learn what I know now.
Pros
amazing people
Cons
seasonal
Productive, fun workplace with a lot to learn!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2017
Aeropostale was one of the best companies I have worked for. The job itself, as an assistant manager at a retail store could be a little tiring, but what always got me through the day was the amazing staff, and all the help you can get left right and centre. The management was so kind and helpful, from the CEO to the key holders. I had full benefits, 1 weekend a month off, and flexible scheduled work days.
Pros
fun and busy work place
Cons
very long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aeropostale. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval