Aeropostale

Aeropostale Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ON (Georgian Mall)January 24, 2015
Pros: discount, atmosphere, energy, people
I typical day at work consisted of everyday duties. Duties that included; ensuring the store was clean for customers, making sure that all the clothing looked appealing (eg. folding t-shirts that have been unfolded by customers), greeting customers and asking if they needed assistance, etc.
I learned through this job very important customer service qualities. It was my first job so I was learning everything for the first time. I believe that Aeropotale was a great company to learn skills from in terms of customer service. I also learned how to operate a cash register, I found this to be very useful because the skill is often required in many jobs, being well experienced with it is very useful.
Overall the management was good, however after making a comment about cutting my hair to donate to cancer I was told that I would no longer be able to work there because I wouldn't look good enough for the companies standards. I found that comment to be very discriminating and it changed my very on the job and my experience.
My co-workers were very great people, we all built great relationships with one another and each of them were hard workers which was great to work with.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with maintaining the appearance of the store, only because it needed constant attention. Even though it was difficult I enjoyed it, I gained time management skills from it and learned how to work efficiently.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment. I would go to work and there would always be a positive vibe in the store.
Good place for starting in the workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 19, 2015
A nice organized company. Good for learning skills
Not to fast and the management is very clear on orders and knows exactly what to do.
Productive and fun workplace where you can be yourself
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, On.January 16, 2015
Pros: the environment
Cons: lots of refolding clothes
-A typical day at work consists of keeping the store tidy, folding clothing, helping customers find their perfect purchase, helping customers through customer service, dealing with customers in a fast paced environment, working as a team and answering questions quickly and accurately.
- I learned more responsibility, retail experience, lots about fashion and much more.
-My co-workers and management team were fantastic, they were there whenever I needed them to help me with any questions.
-The hardest part of my job was the slow hours because there wasn't much to do in the store.
-The most enjoyable part was making sales to customers and seeing how happy they are with their purchases.
Great Company to work for...
Acting Co-Manager (Current Employee), WindsorJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great contests for staff
this Company is Family focused ..community involvement..Great Staff...District Managers are always available.
amazing people and great discounts
Sales Associate (Current Employee), oshawa onDecember 31, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: not enough hours
i love my current job at Aeropostale, unfortunately its not enough hours to maintain a living at the moment. A typical day at Aero is being among friends, the people are amazing and all sweethearts i have never worked with such good people. its like coming in to hang out with friends. The management is awesome. they dont intimidate you like typical bosses they treat u like an equal.
Was a good place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), VancouverDecember 16, 2014
Pros: good discount, good pay with good benefits
Cons: working late hours
Was a good place to work and enjoyed my time there. My store was closed so I wasn't able to work there anymore
Fun
Merchandise Flow/Stock Associate (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 17, 2014
Managers are really nice and laid back. You can do your tasks and have fun doing it too. There are many nice and friendly staff members.
Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 19, 2014
Pros: competitive pay, amazing managers, great co-workers, great hours
I typically worked the opening shift as a lot of the employees were students, so I'd get the store prepared for opening by restocking shelves, making sure the floor is clean and everything is put back in it's place. I'd assist customers with help on the sales floor, fitting rooms and at cash. My management and co-workers were amazing and supported me throughout the beginning of my pregnancy. There wasn't anything too difficult and I knew how to do a lot of the stuff.
Interesting first boxing day experience at Aeropostale
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Polo ParkAugust 20, 2014
Cons: short hours
- Co-workers would help out when I needed help
- Folded clothes and cleaned up after customers
- Assisted customers with finding size for clothing
Productive but slow in the morning
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and working at another retail store
Cons: no other shifts given
When I had my first day at Aeropostale, I would say I was not really oriented about the housekeeping of the store. I only worked at Aero for Boxing Day.
Worked great shifts and close relationship with mgmt
Merchandise Flow Manager (Former Employee), MississaugaJuly 16, 2014
it was a great opportunity and worth all the time spent there. met some great friends and great opportunities to move around to different stores.
fun place to work
sales associate (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 16, 2014
sell and fold clothes talk to people
learned how work with a team
management was great
co workers are all super friendly up beat people
hardest part of the job being on your feet all day
most enjoyable part of the job is making people happy by putting together an awesome outfit for them
great co workers and wonderful training program
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Langley, BCJuly 10, 2014
Pros: co workers and free bank account
Cons: selling culture
Handling all daily banking needs, customer service, upselling. I learned alot about banking during my training. I found the management to be very involved in the daily running of the floor. My co-workers were friendly and fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was the sales expectations.The most enjoyable part of my job was the interation with customers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 19, 2014
Fun and enjoyable atmosphere with a great friendly management and staff
Productive and fun workplace where I gained knowledge about the retail workforce.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 6, 2014
Pros: mangement and teamwork enviroment was enegertic and friendly
Cons: not enough hours per week
A typical day at work consisted of helping customers with our product inquiries and working as a cashier. I learned valuable cashier training skills throughout my time at Aeropostale. I was promoted from a greeter to a cashier and then a floorset specialist. I worked after hours to change all the product within our store thus improving the theme of our store every month to meet company standards. The hardest part of the job was working during holiday hours thus helping multiple clients at once and doing more than one task at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working as part of a team and building healthy relationships with my co-workers.
Great
Cashier/Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 24, 2014
Outlet
Great fast pace environment.
A lot o sales experience.
Supportive staff and fun environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, BCApril 17, 2014
Excellent first job opportunity. Never afraid to ask questions if in need of help. Work environment promotes fun and productivity.
seasonal employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), LondonApril 2, 2014
with the Christmas time seasonal employment it was short, I did not learn a lot about sales as I was put at the front of the store to welcome people. I had hoped to learn more, did not get to know staff very well.
Friendly, well managed job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), BarrieMarch 12, 2014
A typical day at work for me would include, help with opening the store, work in the back room doing stock, handle money with purchases, returns and exchanges.

I have learned a lot of my guest services with this job.
Regular retail experience
Sales Floor (Former Employee), GuelphFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: good discount
Cons: little hours
a typical day at work is to sign in to the system and cover your sector of the floor and make sure that there is never too long of a line up. Management was very understanding and very lenient with hours.

About Aeropostale

Aéropostale flies high in the world of youth fashion. The retailer operates more than 1,050 mostly mall-based stores under the – Read more