Aeropostale Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Sales Lead/Key Holder/Social Media Tech (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONOctober 8, 2015
I enjoyed working at Aeropostale because I was involved in the employee's lives. They confided in me and I helped wherever I could. The problems I had while working for the company were mainly because I bumped heads with the Store Manager and because I felt that there wasn't enough of an initiative to really make sure that the employees were having a good time and overall making them happy and excited to come to work. The assistant managers were amazing and so were the regional and district managers. I believe that Aero has the potential to be something great and although it is a fairly developed company, there is always room for improvement. I truly loved working there and I cannot say the same for my other places of employment.

Another thing I will mention is that I truly hope that Aero will consider giving Sales Leads benefits and a better salary because they do EXACTLY what managers do and sometimes more. They deserve it.
Pros
Employees, customers, fun music, overall energy of the store!
Cons
Constantly being hassled to drive a sale when I know bloody well how to do my job. Its insulting.
As a sales associate during the holiday season it was a fast pace environment
PREP AND FRONT SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLAugust 17, 2016
A typical day at work was a fast pace routine with competition with fellow co-workers to make the sales of the day.
I learned to open my self and talk to clients more and be more confident with my selling skills
Management and co-workers where pretty understanding and helpful, some of them rude but nothing that would bring you down.
The hardest part of the job was making sure all the clothes from the changing rooms was put back by the end of my shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dressing and trying new styles of clothing.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
A big store and it got too messy and angry costumers
hard working fun place to be
stock and merchandising (Former Employee) –  Bayshore, ONJune 28, 2016
I would fold all the clothes in the store then re stock them, I also would help the costumers find their size and help them find what they are looking for. I learned a lot about customer service, how to react with a customer that is giving you a hard time. Ive learned about how a store works. My coworkers were amazing we always worked as a team, the hardest part about my job was dealing with rude costumers but what i enjoyed the most is probably the people I worked with.
Pros
discounts
Cons
i dont shop there
Good place to work for if it wasn't for it closed down
Senior Merchandise Flow, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 27, 2016
Managers are very understanding, also managers want their employees to advance or to create opportunities to grow. The job required me to come into work by 7am to work on shipment, (which I didn't mind at all) and then finish at 4pm.
Pros
Managers are understanding
Cons
Shipment can sometimes be a really heavy load (I am by myself) to finish the load
Poor work environment and poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Maple, ONMarch 4, 2016
A typical work day would consist of a brief 4 hour shift. Management would put pressure on you to make sales and make you feel bad if you didn't. I wish the environment was more professional instead of cleaning up messes that children of parents leave around the store. However I did pick up great customer service skills and excellent communication skills. This allowed me to strive in this company.
Pros
Outgoing work area
Cons
Agressive/ Rude Customers
Fun place to work with many great workers and new experiences
Sales Associate, Aero Ambassador, Stylist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 16, 2016
Always genuinely enjoyed working here, had so much fun and loved getting to know and helping out the customers in need.
Learned alot about communicating to people and how to be pursuasive in selling, cash training learned
Management and co-workers were amazing, super friendly, felt like a family
Not a hard job; loved getting to help people
Fun workplace with polite coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 14, 2016
I really enjoyed working at this company, I felt very welcomed on my first during my first days. This company is very good at making sure that their employees feel safe and comfortable. The managers at this store are very polite, and do their best to make sure you achieve your job tot he best of your abilities. This job really taught me how to interact with customers and it also increased my responsibility/Organization skills immensely.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Not enough hours
Good but Not so Good
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 25, 2016
It was all great until I lost my job due to the company going bankrupt. The employees were positive and easy to work with, the hours were good, the store was always clean to shop in, they build relationship with their customers.
Pros
Good atmosphere and they instil good relationship building qualities within employies
Cons
The company went bankrupt
Fun workplace
Stocks Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 4, 2016
A typical day at work consists of bringing in shipments, opening boxes, organizing the clothes in the back and bringing the necessary items to the shop front. I also had to order clothing to the store on occasion. It was very tedious work and a little physically demanding, but the people I worked with were great. Most of the time I had to organize the stock on my own in the back and it made it a little more challenging when I didn't work with someone because I had a set amount of items to sort for a certain time.
Pros
able to work at own pace
Cons
physically taxing
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate/Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ONJune 26, 2016
I typical day at work would be handling and counting shipment, keeping the stock room organized and assisting customers in sales.
Pros
Good relationships with other employees and employers
Cons
Low Pay
Great place to Work
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 4, 2016
I was a sales associate working customer services and cash.
I learned how to work with others and how retail is run. My management and coworkers were really great. I really enjoyed being able to be apart of this team and work under great staff. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with busy days but i learned how to handed them.
A typical day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 8, 2016
I would assist in anything that would needed to be stalked before opening then tidy up odd ends as costumers begin to arrive. Greet them with a smile and offer any assistance i could.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 19, 2016
I have limited hours due to slow in customers. they usually give me on calls. and i enjoy working with them but its sad because the store now is close.
Pros
30% discount for clothes
Cons
NO HOURS
fun workplace
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMay 30, 2016
we all feel so close like a family, we enjoy our everyday company and work together well. I learned to drive sales and following up co-workers. there were some issues in the management but we all manage to work it out.
Fun workplace but not enough hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 27, 2016
I loved working there, when I got to work there. I didn't get many shifts and when I did, it was only 3-hour shifts which only gave me 3-6 hours a week.
Pros
employees were great.
Cons
not enough hours
fun productive workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2016
fun productive workplace with great friendly staff and management
great costumer service experience and secure job
easy going and easy workplace
Pros
discounts
Cons
black friday
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 29, 2016
The staff are awesome and because it was my first job it opens a lot of learning opportunities and chances to improve as well.
Active and Fun
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MarkhamMay 6, 2016
My role as a sales associate involved constant communication with customers and being able to identify customer needs within seconds. Achieve target goals set by store manager and was able reach individual quota.
very fun,nice people
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJune 1, 2016
i loved working there but we are closing so would love to have a new job, we had some great employees and great managers we were all supper close
Productive and Fun
Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 15, 2016
Very fun work environment, learned a lot in the time i was there (Seasonal) Made lots of friends and i enjoyed every second i was there working
Pros
Love working
Cons
Short Hours