Aeropostale

Aeropostale Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Supportive staff and fun environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, BCApril 17, 2014
Excellent first job opportunity. Never afraid to ask questions if in need of help. Work environment promotes fun and productivity.
seasonal employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), LondonApril 2, 2014
with the Christmas time seasonal employment it was short, I did not learn a lot about sales as I was put at the front of the store to welcome people. I had hoped to learn more, did not get to know staff very well.
Friendly, well managed job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), BarrieMarch 12, 2014
A typical day at work for me would include, help with opening the store, work in the back room doing stock, handle money with purchases, returns and exchanges.

I have learned a lot of my guest services with this job.
Regular retail experience
Sales Floor (Former Employee), GuelphFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: good discount
Cons: little hours
a typical day at work is to sign in to the system and cover your sector of the floor and make sure that there is never too long of a line up. Management was very understanding and very lenient with hours.
Selling clothes to young girls and boys. Makes you feel good to know you made someones day!
Sales Lead (Current Employee), London, ENGFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: being able to wear normal day clothes to work.
Cons: no support from management.
A typical day at work would be working 8am-5pm. I open the store at 10am. Between 8am-10pm I gather paperwork and count cash deposits and many other duties that come with working in retail. The store opens at 10am and customers start coming in.
I have learned a lot since I started at Aero. To be confident in myself, to gain responsibility of opening – more... a store all by myself and to be a good role model for my part timers.
The hardest part of my job would be trying to make goal every day. Hitting our sales goal takes skill and determination but when you want it bad enough and you have a good attitude about you, you make goals. Sometimes you even comp, beating last years goal, which is always a bonus!
The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be seeing the numerous kids coming into my store looking for a new outfit and leaving with what they came in for. The continuous look on their faces never get old!! – less
Learned a lot more about being in more of a managerial role.
Company Ambassador (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Being given the opportunity to be a company ambassador has taught me many things about how managers do their work and what its like to be in a higher position of authority. Being able to sit in on interviews and help with the hiring process has taught me a lot about who fits as a good employee and who does not.
Productive and VERY fun
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: discount on clothes
Cons: forced to listen to music all day, rude customers, clothes are always left on the floor
I worked there over the Christmas break (including Boxing Day), so it was very busy every shift. I had to constantly be picking up clothes from the floor and refolding them and reorganizing all stations so that they look presentable. Many people don't like this, but I personally love organizing. The management was great, very friendly, and we even went – more... out for bowling once! – less
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2014
A fun workplace to work in. The hardest part of the job is to keep the consumers happy even if there is no more products in the store.
productive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Halton hills ( toronto premium outlets)January 8, 2014
Pros: good price on clothes
Cons: dont get many hours
-come in and they tell you if you will be on cash or on the floor

-what i have learned from working here is the responsibility of finishing tasks your given and how to communicate with customers

-my mangers were okay to work with they taught me how to get stock and fill stock

-my co-workers were amazing they were very fun to work with

-the hardest – more... part of the job was cash because it took a little while to learn

-the most enjoyable part of the job was working with people that i really liked and in a fun environment – less
Productive and a fun workplace
Sales associate, Fitting room specialist, cashier (Former Employee), West Edmonton MallOctober 29, 2013
Pros: good people, good breaks
Cons: not enough hours, no full time jobs
A typical day at work you would go in and figure out where you were going to placed for that day and you make sure you know how to do that job and make sure you know all the sales and how much money we wanted to make that day. I learned that you need to make sure you know pretty much everything about the store because you have no idea what question – more... someone can come in and ask you and you always want to make sure that the person gets the best deal they can. Make sure that your management knows that you know what you are doing and make sure that if you have a question you can go to them and ask them. The hardest part of the job was making sure you know everything about the sales and which clothes are for that sale and which ones aren't. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything, the atmosphere and everything. – less
No Hours for Part Timers, However, Great Culture, and a lot of Advancement
Cash Wrap Specialist / Visual Specialist (Current Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 20, 2013
Pros: great culture, lots of opportunities, great management
Cons: very very low hours
If you're looking for hours, do not apply to Aeropostale as a regular part timer. On average you'll get 4-8 hours a week, and it comes to the point where if you get a 12 hr week, you're left speechless, which is weird. However, great culture, management is good and always opportunities to move up!
Great place to work. People are fantastic..busy fast pace store
LP Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONAugust 22, 2013
Love going to work! Co-workers are fantastic and love the challenge of floorsets.
fun, great management team
Sales representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 7, 2013
Aeropostle was my first retail job and was probably the best experience I could have received for a first job. The management team was great at encouraging the staff and keeping us motivated. overall it was a great work environment and taught me how to work on sales quotas and enhance my customer service abilities.
Fun and Simple
Sales Associate (Former Employee), torontoJune 4, 2013
Great retail store for the less experienced. Good company values and management always tries to make sure everyone feels included by hosting small events and little activities once in a while. Not on commission so it is very laid-back.
Easy Retail job, not enough hours. Leave after Seasonal if you can.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), OshawaMay 30, 2013
Pros: easy retail experience
Cons: not enough hours after the holiday season
An easy, mindless job that can give you good retail experience for future retail opportunities. You have a good chance to advance to manager positions if you stay for a long time and take the initiative.

One thing I loved about this job was that you can change your availability online at anytime and it will 99% be accepted. You don't need to go in – more... and fill out a form and get it signed. It's to your convenience. You can also switch shifts online with other employees.

They don't give you enough hours every week. The reason I quit was because I was averaging 4-8 hours a week after the holiday season. Usually you'll get a lot of hours during December/early January then bump you down from 30/week to 4 or even no hours for a week. Technically the store can run with just 2 managers running the store, and they'd rather do that then schedule associates during the daytime.

Try to use this job to get the retail cash experience then find another after the holiday season that will give you more hours. – less
Social, high paced, productive with great management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Red Deer, AlbertaMay 7, 2013
Pros: 15% off
Everyday I would fold put any clothing away, help customers, up-sale and help open/close the store.
My time at aeropostale
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 13, 2013
My time at aeropostale was great ,I enjoyed the people i worked with and the mangers were very nice!
fun and calm work area
aeropostale sales associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: coffee breakes and lunch depending on what day
Cons: long hours after a holiday break
a typical day at aeropostale folding clothes cashier runner garbage runs on some random day, greeting every customer that walks in the store showing them what is new old and what they may be looking for. the managers are really good with what they do they are strict in some ways but they are really good for a first time working there. co-workers are – more... the same as the managers. keeping the store clean on holiday breaks. and the most fun part is getting to know all the people that you are working there with – less
fun and proffesional work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: discount on merch
Cons: not enough hours
A perfect job fo teens/ highschool students just looking for some extra cash and some solid work experience. As a college student paying for my own schooling and living, the wages are less than ideal, but its a job that I hope to keep on the side. Management is amazing, very professional yet fun and flexible at the same time. My co-workers are almost – more... all highschool students. All very out-going and fun to be around. Honestly does'nt even feel like work a lot of the time. The hardest part of my job is stressing about not getting enough hours, as I usually only get about 4 hours per week. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to be yourself around customers and fellow emloyees. – less
Amazing and fun workplace for employees
Visual Specialist (Current Employee), Vaughan MillsJanuary 15, 2013
When I enter the store, I always have a smile! I enjoy seeing all my coworkers and have a great attitude going into work. The store always has a great vibe going on; music is always loud and pumping, and all employees are in great moods. With that being said, the store runs smoothly with the outstanding management team! The store gets very busy, which – more... can be frustrating. However, at the end of the day I really enjoy my job and appreciate the job descriptions. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Aeropostale

Aéropostale flies high in the world of youth fashion. The retailer operates more than 1,050 mostly mall-based stores under the – Read more