Aeropostale Employee Reviews

Great Atmosphere
Senior Merchandise Flow Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 February 2018
Loved working here. Great work atmosphere and colleagues. Always had a smile on my face.
Not really flexible when it came to family matters - caring for a sick child and not being able to come into work etc. Always got some attitude from one of the Asst. Store Managers.
Such a shame they exited Canada.
Closed unfortunately
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 January 2018
It is too bad this place closed down as it was an amazing brand to work for. You were able to buy the new clothing at a discounted rate in order to show off the aeropostale brand. Great team and always had fun while working
Closed down
Part-Time Sales Associate and Merchandise Flow (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2018
All Aeropostale stores closed down 2 years ago but I remember the work environment being a healthy and fun place! We get good flexible part-time hours!
good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 November 2017
Great management and good hours. Supervisors were nice and friendly and very flexible. Work was not too difficult besides the occasional customer who happened to be difficult.
Great Leaning Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON18 September 2017
My daily tasks included:
• Ambassador/Mentor
• Cashier
• Sales Representative
I found this job very enjoyable and a great learning experience. This job helped improve my communication skills with the general public
Fast paced and busy, but fun
Sales representative and team member (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 August 2017
I worked here very briefly during the holiday season so it was often very fast-paced and did not have time to really meet the rest of the team members.
Good employment
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey23 August 2017
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 August 2017
Everyone is really nice, fast paced especially before holidays, staff and management are very friendly and kind. You might get some attitude from customers but just brush it off and don't take it too personally
Productive and Fun Workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 July 2017
Pros: Selling Clothing
Discounts
Sales Experience
Fun Environment

Cons: Not enough hours per week
On- call shifts
Highschool part time job
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 June 2017
Worked a few hours through highschool, was my first retail job. learned all the basic procedures to run a clothing store. Taught me responsibility and punctuality.
productive
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2017
It was a pleasure working for Aeropostale during the short time I was there. The management and associates are very welcoming and make the work day go by quickly. During the holidays, we had theme days that made it more enjoyable. There were contest between the stores and within each store. These contest made working very productive during each shift I worked. But the hour & pay was horrible.
Retail is Retail
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2017
Not much to say about Aero. They went bankrupt so there is no way you could work for them. It was retail, no different than any other clothes store in West Edmonton Mall
productive and fun workplace
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 May 2017
A typical day at Aeropostale is folding clothes or helping our costumers with whatever sizes they need. I've learned to multitask while interacting with costumers since it is part of our job description. The management is very professional but; but maintain to make sure they're staff members gets the benefits and all the training they need to efficiently perform their job.
Pros
monthly meetings
Wasn't the grestest
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 May 2017
Management didn't know what to do
Sometimes they disappear so they can go smoke outside
Have unrealistic standards (example: make $3500 in sales in a 4 hour shift but majority of the clothes are on sale, like???)
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
A fun work environment with great associates, and phenomenal management staff.
Cash wrap specialist (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON26 April 2017
Working at Aeropostale was an overall friendly environment and fun workplace. Management was fair and treated all associates equally providing good opportunities to obtain a higher position.
Pros
Nice managers
Cons
Customers occasionally become irritating
Great place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 April 2017
It's like a home away from home where people are treated respectfully and equally. Lots of encouragement from storeline management as well as upper management!
Pros
Health benefits, store discounts, bonus opportunities.
Cons
Christmas in retail is stressful here like everywhere else.
Lively, fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job was working as a cashier. I've had a great experience interacting with different customers. The managers were very accommodating of the busy life of a high school student during the year.
Pros
Great Managers
Great Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 April 2017
I had an awesome experience working here and was sad to leave! Great company that cares about their customers and their employees! My team was great and we were like family. We had a few meetings together and lots of chances to bond. The work was fairly straight forward; clean, help customers, deal with cash/debit/credit, do visuals, all of it was enjoyable.
Good part time job
Sales Associate, Cashier and Merch Flow (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2017
It's retail so it can be fun or boring. Good part time job. Don't expect a lot of hours all the time time. It's up and down most of the time. But still good part time job.
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 March 2017
The whole staff was friendly and easy-going. As a new part-timer, the staff were very welcoming and kind and made the work environment more enjoyable.
Pros
Outgoing staff
Cons
A lot of shoplifting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aeropostale. Our community is ready to answer.