Aeropostale Employee Reviews

As a sales associate during the holiday season it was a fast pace environment
PREP AND FRONT SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL17 August 2016
A typical day at work was a fast pace routine with competition with fellow co-workers to make the sales of the day.
I learned to open my self and talk to clients more and be more confident with my selling skills
Management and co-workers where pretty understanding and helpful, some of them rude but nothing that would bring you down.
The hardest part of the job was making sure all the clothes from the changing rooms was put back by the end of my shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dressing and trying new styles of clothing.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
A big store and it got too messy and angry costumers
Fun workplace with great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2016
Typical day at work as usually slow-medium for customers. We did our daily tasks such as build parts of the store according to management. Our management was good but the co-workers talked a lot about one another. The hardest part of the job was probably being on my feet for so many hours and my favorite part of the job was finishing a table or wall and seeing what I had created.
Aeropostale
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 February 2017
After spending 2 years with this clothing company.
I wish we didn't close in Canada other wise I would want to be there today. The management was excellent. We worked more as a team than anything and always tried our 100% with customers
Pros
Store Discount
Cons
Mall hours, Overnights
Productive and rewarding work place
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 October 2016
Working at Aeropostale was fun and exciting. The management was always open to questions and helping you become a better sales associate. I learned how to work a cash register and prepare the merchandise for the sales floor. This job taught me how to relate to customers on a personal level and improve my customer service skills.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough breaks
Great place to gain experience, great staff and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 February 2017
A typical day at Aeropostale was working the floor and making sure clothes were folded properly, helping out customers with purchases and trying on clothes, and working cash. I enjoyed working at Aeropostale because I gained experience with working with a cash register and interacting with people. The social aspect helped me come out of my shell and be able to comfortably approach people. The staff was fun and hardworking, and the managers were always understanding and caring. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping out customers.
Best I could ask for at the time
Part time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2017
Unfortunately I had to leave Aeropostale because I had to go work for my co-op placement full time and would be unable to work both jobs.

But I enjoyed working with my co-workers, and the work itself always seemed fair for my position.

I was unable to go back and work for them after my co-op placement had ended because Aeropostale wasn't doing too well financially and eventually shut down.
Pros
close to home, store discount
Cons
didn't always get the work hours I wanted
Amazing job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 February 2017
This was my first official job. I wished it wasn't seasonal. If I could I would have stayed there. I had the best time working there. Everyone was so helpful when you asked for help, understanding about personal things. Taught me everything that I needed to know, and made me learn what I know now.
Pros
amazing people
Cons
seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 February 2017
Was a very productive and out going work place. All the accosiates were friendly and such and hard workers always willing to the job done. People there were dependable and could always rely on someone.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 January 2017
The overall experience working at this company was a very good one. I met many different people that taught me a lot of real life skills throughout this job. They mentored me into becoming a productive member in the workplace and taught me how to be a thriving employee.
Pros
good discount
Cons
limited hours
Fun place to work with many great workers and new experiences
Sales Associate, Aero Ambassador, Stylist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2016
Always genuinely enjoyed working here, had so much fun and loved getting to know and helping out the customers in need.
Learned alot about communicating to people and how to be pursuasive in selling, cash training learned
Management and co-workers were amazing, super friendly, felt like a family
Not a hard job; loved getting to help people
Productive and Learning Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2016
Aeropostale was a pleasure to work at, I've learned so much and gained a lot of experience that will definitely benefit me in the future. Aeropostale was the start of my passion for sales and taught me how to work as a team as well as individually.
Great and progressive workplace with a fun group of go getters!
Sales lead manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 September 2016
Aeropostale was a fun clean organized place to work! Great outlines and marketing pitches for progressive sales! A perfect place for that tween-age to purchase great priced appropriate clothing. Sadly Aeropostale closed in Sarnia leaving a hole in the market for that age group.
Pros
Great bonus and motivational free perks for all employees
Cons
Small volume stores are usually first to be downsized!
Good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 January 2017
Good job. Enjoyed it. Good people. not many hours, Good discount. Very organized. Overall liked the job good for part time hours. They forgot to pay me a few times and never made it up.
Pros
good discount
Cons
not many hours
Great work environment, great people, great company.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2017
I work at Aeropostale for four years. In that time, I learned many new skills, met a great group of people and had the opportunity to grow with the company.
Pros
People and the environment
Cons
Long work weeks
Energetic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2016
usually when I worked, it was really busy. It was a lot during the holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, all of that. There’s a lot of huge lines and tons of people in the store tearing everything apart.
Pretty good
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 January 2017
A typical day at hour shift at work would be folding clothes, working with customers, working cash, provide expert advice for the customers. It was really good work
Great place to Work
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 May 2016
I was a sales associate working customer services and cash.
I learned how to work with others and how retail is run. My management and coworkers were really great. I really enjoyed being able to be apart of this team and work under great staff. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with busy days but i learned how to handed them.
fun workplace
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 May 2016
we all feel so close like a family, we enjoy our everyday company and work together well. I learned to drive sales and following up co-workers. there were some issues in the management but we all manage to work it out.
Good for part time work.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 September 2016
A typical day as a stock associate was just processing shipments, keeping the backroom tidy as well as keeping the sales floor replenished. What I learned from them is that you have to be quick and organized which is sometimes hard to do with the amount of shipment you get every other day.
Great start to clothing retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 October 2016
I recieved great training from the store manager, learning how to sell, upsell, and how to help customers effectively. This training has helped me in other jobs as well.
Pros
Great managers