Aeropostale Employee Reviews

Productive and Learning Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2016
Aeropostale was a pleasure to work at, I've learned so much and gained a lot of experience that will definitely benefit me in the future. Aeropostale was the start of my passion for sales and taught me how to work as a team as well as individually.
Fun workplace with great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2016
Typical day at work as usually slow-medium for customers. We did our daily tasks such as build parts of the store according to management. Our management was good but the co-workers talked a lot about one another. The hardest part of the job was probably being on my feet for so many hours and my favorite part of the job was finishing a table or wall and seeing what I had created.
Productive and rewarding work place
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 October 2016
Working at Aeropostale was fun and exciting. The management was always open to questions and helping you become a better sales associate. I learned how to work a cash register and prepare the merchandise for the sales floor. This job taught me how to relate to customers on a personal level and improve my customer service skills.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough breaks
Great and progressive workplace with a fun group of go getters!
Sales lead manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 September 2016
Aeropostale was a fun clean organized place to work! Great outlines and marketing pitches for progressive sales! A perfect place for that tween-age to purchase great priced appropriate clothing. Sadly Aeropostale closed in Sarnia leaving a hole in the market for that age group.
Pros
Great bonus and motivational free perks for all employees
Cons
Small volume stores are usually first to be downsized!
Good for part time work.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 September 2016
A typical day as a stock associate was just processing shipments, keeping the backroom tidy as well as keeping the sales floor replenished. What I learned from them is that you have to be quick and organized which is sometimes hard to do with the amount of shipment you get every other day.
A typical day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 September 2016
I would assist in anything that would needed to be stalked before opening then tidy up odd ends as costumers begin to arrive. Greet them with a smile and offer any assistance i could.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 August 2016
I have limited hours due to slow in customers. they usually give me on calls. and i enjoy working with them but its sad because the store now is close.
Pros
30% discount for clothes
Cons
NO HOURS
As a sales associate during the holiday season it was a fast pace environment
PREP AND FRONT SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL17 August 2016
A typical day at work was a fast pace routine with competition with fellow co-workers to make the sales of the day.
I learned to open my self and talk to clients more and be more confident with my selling skills
Management and co-workers where pretty understanding and helpful, some of them rude but nothing that would bring you down.
The hardest part of the job was making sure all the clothes from the changing rooms was put back by the end of my shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dressing and trying new styles of clothing.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
A big store and it got too messy and angry costumers
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2016
The staff are awesome and because it was my first job it opens a lot of learning opportunities and chances to improve as well.
hard working fun place to be
stock and merchandising (Former Employee) –  Bayshore, ON28 June 2016
I would fold all the clothes in the store then re stock them, I also would help the costumers find their size and help them find what they are looking for. I learned a lot about customer service, how to react with a customer that is giving you a hard time. Ive learned about how a store works. My coworkers were amazing we always worked as a team, the hardest part about my job was dealing with rude costumers but what i enjoyed the most is probably the people I worked with.
Pros
discounts
Cons
i dont shop there
Good place to work for if it wasn't for it closed down
Senior Merchandise Flow, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 June 2016
Managers are very understanding, also managers want their employees to advance or to create opportunities to grow. The job required me to come into work by 7am to work on shipment, (which I didn't mind at all) and then finish at 4pm.
Pros
Managers are understanding
Cons
Shipment can sometimes be a really heavy load (I am by myself) to finish the load
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate/Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON26 June 2016
I typical day at work would be handling and counting shipment, keeping the stock room organized and assisting customers in sales.
Pros
Good relationships with other employees and employers
Cons
Low Pay
very fun,nice people
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB1 June 2016
i loved working there but we are closing so would love to have a new job, we had some great employees and great managers we were all supper close
fun workplace
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 May 2016
we all feel so close like a family, we enjoy our everyday company and work together well. I learned to drive sales and following up co-workers. there were some issues in the management but we all manage to work it out.
Fun workplace but not enough hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 May 2016
I loved working there, when I got to work there. I didn't get many shifts and when I did, it was only 3-hour shifts which only gave me 3-6 hours a week.
Pros
employees were great.
Cons
not enough hours
Good but Not so Good
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2016
It was all great until I lost my job due to the company going bankrupt. The employees were positive and easy to work with, the hours were good, the store was always clean to shop in, they build relationship with their customers.
Pros
Good atmosphere and they instil good relationship building qualities within employies
Cons
The company went bankrupt
Assistant Manager/Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 May 2016
One of the most enjoyable places to work. Great team. The staff is great. Its never a dull moment having to go into work everything.
Fun place to work with many great workers and new experiences
Sales Associate, Aero Ambassador, Stylist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2016
Always genuinely enjoyed working here, had so much fun and loved getting to know and helping out the customers in need.
Learned alot about communicating to people and how to be pursuasive in selling, cash training learned
Management and co-workers were amazing, super friendly, felt like a family
Not a hard job; loved getting to help people
Aeropostale
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2016
I worked as a Sales Associate at Aeropostale. I was the cashier, helped in fitting rooms, cleaned the store and provided exceptional customer service.
Productive and Fun
Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 May 2016
Very fun work environment, learned a lot in the time i was there (Seasonal) Made lots of friends and i enjoyed every second i was there working
Pros
Love working
Cons
Short Hours