Aeropostale Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Assistant Manager/Visual Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 22, 2016
One of the most enjoyable places to work. Great team. The staff is great. Its never a dull moment having to go into work everything.
Fun place to work with many great workers and new experiences
Sales Associate, Aero Ambassador, Stylist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 16, 2016
Always genuinely enjoyed working here, had so much fun and loved getting to know and helping out the customers in need.
Learned alot about communicating to people and how to be pursuasive in selling, cash training learned
Management and co-workers were amazing, super friendly, felt like a family
Not a hard job; loved getting to help people
Aeropostale
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 16, 2016
I worked as a Sales Associate at Aeropostale. I was the cashier, helped in fitting rooms, cleaned the store and provided exceptional customer service.
Active and Fun
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee), MarkhamMay 6, 2016
My role as a sales associate involved constant communication with customers and being able to identify customer needs within seconds. Achieve target goals set by store manager and was able reach individual quota.
Great place to Work
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 4, 2016
I was a sales associate working customer services and cash.
I learned how to work with others and how retail is run. My management and coworkers were really great. I really enjoyed being able to be apart of this team and work under great staff. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with busy days but i learned how to handed them.
Wonderful company to work for.
Merchandise Flow Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 28, 2016
Lots of room to grow in the company, really enjoyed my journey through the company. Ive learned countless things work and personal wise while working for my company.
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Stittsville, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: team
Cons: several changes
I absolutely love working at aero. There is such a great team of people from the management team to the part timers. The hours are fairly flexible and there is always something new to learn!
Fun workplace with polite coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 14, 2016
Pros: Commission
Cons: Not enough hours
I really enjoyed working at this company, I felt very welcomed on my first during my first days. This company is very good at making sure that their employees feel safe and comfortable. The managers at this store are very polite, and do their best to make sure you achieve your job tot he best of your abilities. This job really taught me how to interact with customers and it also increased my responsibility/Organization skills immensely.
pleasant place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 30, 2016
Pros: discount on clothing
Cons: shift work
great people and company to work for, always had nice customers come in. very busy athmosphere, co-workers were great and the teamwork was amazing.
fun productive workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2016
Pros: discounts
Cons: black friday
fun productive workplace with great friendly staff and management
great costumer service experience and secure job
easy going and easy workplace
Fun workplace
Stocks Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 4, 2016
Pros: able to work at own pace
Cons: physically taxing
A typical day at work consists of bringing in shipments, opening boxes, organizing the clothes in the back and bringing the necessary items to the shop front. I also had to order clothing to the store on occasion. It was very tedious work and a little physically demanding, but the people I worked with were great. Most of the time I had to organize the stock on my own in the back and it made it a little more challenging when I didn't work with someone because I had a set amount of items to sort for a certain time.
Poor work environment and poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Maple, ONMarch 4, 2016
Pros: Outgoing work area
Cons: Agressive/ Rude Customers
A typical work day would consist of a brief 4 hour shift. Management would put pressure on you to make sales and make you feel bad if you didn't. I wish the environment was more professional instead of cleaning up messes that children of parents leave around the store. However I did pick up great customer service skills and excellent communication skills. This allowed me to strive in this company.
Exceptional Clothing, Smiling Faces
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: Clothing
Cons: Not a lot of shifts
I enjoyed working at aeropostale because of the clothing, the people, and the work environment.
I would have liked longer shifts, but the overall atmosphere that I went into everyday was a perfect one for me.
One of Forbes best places to work!
Regional visual Manager (Current Employee), CanadaJanuary 16, 2016
This company has quickly become my second home with its core values and amazing co-workers and peers. Aeropostale always listens to its employees and solicits feedback from everyone.
Best coworkers ever
Ambassador (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 1, 2016
The cross iron location is the place I worked at. The people are great. The schedule is flexible. I hate that I had to leave because it was the best job ever.
Aeropostale | Kingsway Garden Mall
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 17, 2015
Pros: Retail / Customer Service ( Easy Work )
Cons: Not worth the Pay
I would have to ask customers if they needed help, help them with a fitting room if they looked like they couldn't carry the clothing items that were in their hand when they were shopping on the sales floor. I also had to be a cashier sometimes depending on the stores demand during a day and how many people were working.

The people i worked with were all cool people, my manager was awesome .

The hardest part of the job was doing shipping and handling or opening boxes and doing inventory stock because . It was a good place to work , I grew a lot and developed a a lot of customer service skills during the process .
Great Place to work at.
Manager (Current Employee), Greater Toronto Area, ONNovember 25, 2015
I enjoy working there. People are the best, the environment is the healthiest thus most productive. The company does a lot for its people, top performers are constantly celebrated, ones who might have some white space are looked after to ensure consistent and improved performance.
Fast paced environment with excellent co-workers and management team.
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 15, 2015
Pros: Fun management and co-workers all the time
Cons: No breaks, difficult customers
Fast paced environment where you can learn how to give great customer service under pressure and during busy times. Developed great teamwork skills in achieving individual and store goals. No real breaks unless hours are longer than 5 hours and difficult customers.
Fun workplace
Sales Lead/Key Holder/Social Media Tech (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONOctober 8, 2015
Pros: Employees, customers, fun music, overall energy of the store!
Cons: Constantly being hassled to drive a sale when I know bloody well how to do my job. Its insulting.
I enjoyed working at Aeropostale because I was involved in the employee's lives. They confided in me and I helped wherever I could. The problems I had while working for the company were mainly because I bumped heads with the Store Manager and because I felt that there wasn't enough of an initiative to really make sure that the employees were having a good time and overall making them happy and excited to come to work. The assistant managers were amazing and so were the regional and district managers. I believe that Aero has the potential to be something great and although it is a fairly developed company, there is always room for improvement. I truly loved working there and I cannot say the same for my other places of employment.

Another thing I will mention is that I truly hope that Aero will consider giving Sales Leads benefits and a better salary because they do EXACTLY what managers do and sometimes more. They deserve it.
Fun work space with reliable co-workers and understanding management, good vibes throughout the store with people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 29, 2015
Working here was a learning experience to opening up in retail, learning about management and how a company grows. Working in the clothing store included lots of engagement and falling into routine with cleaning and balancing different jobs in the store.
Headquarters