AEON Corporation

AEON Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Experience everything
Foreign English Teacher (Current Employee), EhimeJune 22, 2014
Easy transition into a foreign country as far as paperwork is concerned.
Travel and earn money!
English Instructor and Sales Representative (Former Employee), JPCMay 1, 2013
My time at AEON was pretty satisfactory. I didn't have too many complaints. I took the work quite seriously, but I also had a lot of fun. Not for those who just want to party or travel around Japan or Asia. The management relies on you for a product, ie - teaching the courses well and giving into some of their demands that are typical of any corporate – more... workplace. – less
Fun atmosphere, great work-ethic, wonderful staff and adult students
English Conversation Teacher (Former Employee), Kokubunji, JapanJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: great staff, great benefits, wonderful coworkers, fantastic students, healthcare, salary
A typical day would be teaching, preping for classes, and helping staff. I learned how to engage students and how to best inspire them so they could be successful. The managers were fantastic. They were fun and a joy to work with. My co-workers were also wonderful. We all got along without any problems at all. Just a joy. As for the hardest part of – more... the job - I think leaving when my contact had ended was the hardest part. I loved it there.
The students and the staff made it wonderful. – less
If you like Japan and talking to random people this is something you may want to do.
Head/Teaching Staff (Former Employee), JAPANMay 24, 2012
Pros: self training for future stressful situation, meet new people, enjoy smallest joy in life, eat japanese food.
Cons: it is a business not education.
A typical day starts around noon, and ends around 9 or little later.
Work experience differs based on the assigned school. Most of the co-workers are mainly either "really in love with Japan and it's culture" or "used to have the first statement but now depressed".
"Teaching" part is really easy, as long as you can follow the structure and be an entertainer. – more... *Unless you have "one on one lessons" with a particular student, do not expect them to improve dramatically. Even with the lessons it is hit or miss.*
This job requires patients, a lot of patients.
It is like if you care about "teaching" you may suffer, if you can say this is not "education" it is a "business" you may survive. – less

About AEON Corporation

For four decades, the AEON Corporation of Japan has been an innovator in the field of English education, offering exceptional – Read more

AEON Corporation Photos