Opportunity to join a Mechanical Engineering Design firm that has established itself as a leader in the Building Sciences Market in the Greater Toronto area. We provide design, commissioning, construction and consulting expertise in the commercial, retail, industrial and institutional sectors, with the mindset of providing reliability, energy-efficient, sustainable design and LEED expertise. This career-growth opportunity offers exciting projects with leading-edge technology and innovation, as well as a competitive salary and benefits.
- Create Conceptual Designs / Specifications / Plans gathered from meetings with the Client.
- Coordinate efforts and complete projects in conjunction with other Mechanical Engineers, CAD Drafters, Engineers in all contributing disciplines, Architects and Project Managers.
- Work closely with project teams and clients to define scope. Involvement could include Programming, Design Documentation, Developing Criteria with the client, System Conceptualization, Feasibility Studies, Developing System Alternatives and Supporting Equipment Selection.
- Field observations and inspections, design support, commissioning support, Quality Assurance & Testing.
- Review of Code and Regulatory documentation; review of operations and maintenance documentation.
- Client development / relationship building.
- Provide Project Engineering support for Project Management team during implementation.
- Provide accurate cost estimate and resource assessment throughout the project, including bid evaluation process.
- Previous experience as a Mechanical Engineer with a design engineering firm.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of high-reliability type buildings and HVAC background.
- Familiarity with Mechanical Systems (HVAC, CFD (Fluid Dynamics), Boilers, Chillers, Pumps).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Familiarity with Canadian design standards.
- Confident and effective Communicator in all formats (email, phone and face-to-face)
- Solid written skills
- Strong Time Management / Organizational / Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer savvy: MS Project, AutoCAD, LEED AP and PMP are a plus
Indeed - 4 months ago