AECON Employee Reviews

Great job
Pipefitting apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB21 December 2017
Loved the job, just was not for me. was not what i am descend to do. Great people to work with and i learned lots from this job. Did not like the job atmosphere.
Document Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 December 2017
Great, safe office environment. Would happily work for them again. Regular hours, Team environment, regular break times. Management was supportive, while allowing you to work independently.
good people
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2017
Take bus from camp to job site 45 minute ride.Cut and build form work.The worst part of job was not having enough materials and tools.Good people too work with.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
quality work was expected and help was allways provided when required
Electrician Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Dawn, ON16 November 2017
when you were given a job all the information was provided and all the material required was available.management was helpful and easy to work for.Coworkers were friendly and helpful.Doing top quality work allways.
Pros
safety lunches
Unique Environement - Many skills to acquire!
Quality Assurance (QA) Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Courtice, ON2 October 2017
I enjoy Aecon as a company, I enjoy what they do for this country, and their reliability.

It was awesome to be a part of such a respectable company.
Best Company in Alberta
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 June 2017
Review the job for daily work
learn best job practice
we work together as a unit
the safety culture is number 1
the management make this job easy
the meetings are very well organized
the production and achievement of each section completed by following the in place program.
Pros
every week there is a weekly meeting and a monthly meeting to update everyone on all the issues.
Good place to work, supportive collegues
Civil Estimator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 May 2017
Good place to work. Helpful supervisors and colleagues. Room for advancement, good retention. Hard to grow, as most stay in the same position for many years.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Slow growth
Great company
Electrical Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC18 May 2017
Great company, great people, one of, if not the best company I have worked for in the industrial field. If more jobs come up I will definitely be looking to go back!
Pros
people, culture, organization
Excellent
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
I really enjoyed my career with Aecon. Aecon provides education or learning development to their employees. They offer great benefit packages to employees.
home away from home
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  McClean Lake, SK28 February 2017
Best job I ever had, plus serve warm meals mornings, lunch, supper too fun place to work its fly in and fly out setting 7days in and 7 day out.
Pros
free lunch
Productive with Opportunities to Advance Given
Foreman/Journeyman Insulator (Former Employee) –  Redwater, AB22 February 2017
The days started earlier than usual, as the site required employees to take shuttle buses into the unit. However, the company was very forgiving when employees were late for toolbox talks. The company did not give safety awards or incentives, which was expected; they did provide opportunities to advance and gain new knowledge. The most difficult part of the job was the expectations placed on workers to perform the work which would usually be delegated to supervision. The most enjoyable part was emphasis on working as a team.
productive place to work at
Labourer, operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON, and quebec11 January 2017
While working at aecon, I would install gas pipeline and excavate trenches. I worked all over Ottawa, and Quebec, I loved the pay good company to work for, unfortunately not enough work.
Pros
good company, good pay
Cons
not enough work
Basic construction job. Good crews nice camp. Normal hours for work. Camp had decent food and was comfortable
Electrican (Former Employee) –  Bethune15 September 2016
It was a good job with good workers. Did cable pull, built tray. Normal construction hours. Stayed in camp which was ok. Foreman were good guys and cared about doing a good job
Very Professional
QA/QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Alberta2 September 2016
Great people
Great work
Great Pay
Professional , just overall a great place to work, would work for these guys any time. Hope they keep me busy due to the quality of work and people here.
Pros
Great people
Awesome company to work for, the pay is great and lots of perks..:)
Labourer (Former Employee) –  long harbour processing plant newfoundland25 August 2016
Awesome atmosphere to work in, safety is their number one priority. They have a wonderful open office concept. I learnt safety is very important and number one thing to aim for everyday. Management is great to work for very kind and friendly. Co-Workers very easy to deal with. Nice place overall to work..
Pros
Great Benefits, Good Pay
Cons
Non
only was with them a short time
Fluid Transfer Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  brooks ab24 August 2016
when they buy a company, they should get rid of the previous managers. the guy who was in charge of the fluid haul should not be in management. when i got hurt due to his not supplying sand for the ice in employees parking, he fought WCB and i lost almost every thing.so my views are a little bias.
Pros
Cons
having idiots in management
Piping General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Bruce Power15 July 2016
Lots of meetings every night. Planning well thought out. Client was good. Workers and staff where fun to work with. Schedule was tight
Pros
the people
Good place to work.
HCM Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 July 2016
Complex payroll environment. Nice office environment Flexible schedule. Lots of union knowledge to be learned.
una gran empresa minera
mecanico maquinaria pesada (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 July 2016
excelentes personas y un buen ambiente laboral. grandes equipos mineros caterpillar, hitachi, y ptros
overall good boss and nice place to work
Heavy Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON24 May 2016
i learned alot and enjoyed my time with northkey. my first solar farm was with them and i appreciate all they taught me, unfortunately the company went under and could no longer afford to run the jobsite
Pros
good people
Cons
poorly managed company went under