AECON

AECON Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
awesome place to work because they treat you like family.
Fitter (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 17, 2014
Pros: treated fairly and like family
Cons: worked in the cold sometimes
The job was good, the employees were good people, and management was open minded, and respected the thought's and ideas of others.
I became a Journeyman Fitter while working with this company. I expanded my welding skills, and fitting skills. I learned that I also love training/teaching others how to read blueprints, and expand their knowledge of the – more... trade. I also learned how the fabrication side of things worked, as in getting drawing, and changes made.
All guys working there were willing to show/answer any questions co-workers had. Always there to help others, and each other.
the hardest part of the job was having to leave it. I had family problems at the time and left the province for a new start, which was a decision I regret because she never changed and my family split.
I looked forward to going to work because the company treated you like you were a somebody, and you are important to the company. I was treated like I was part of a family. the setting/environment was a family setting, and a safe environment. – less
Really good camp to work at, the company has great benifits and pay, It's a nice environment to work at, the nationalities and cultures are vast.
Labourer/Supervisor (Current Employee), McClean Lake Mine Site- Areva ResourcesAugust 19, 2014
Pros: i get to work with people of all trades and get to learn about the whole operation.
Cons: the shift is only 2 in / 2 out, i prefer longer shifts, the job is only contract so employment term is not known.
Overall this is a satisfactory job to work at. The shifts are 10 hours and possible overtime daily. My coworkers are awesome we get along good and we complete the tasks. The most satisfying part about the job is the challenge of meeting deadlines and meeting the quota.
a lot games
coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, OntJuly 31, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: no
Organized basketball, soccer and touch football tournaments.
Helped teach awareness of HIV’s, and the importance of Education.
Worked as big brother tutor with the after school Programs
A reputable, respected Engineering firm with far-reaching projects all across the world.
Project Coordinator (Co-op) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2014
Working at this firm was both rewarding and challenging, as my technical and behavioral skills were constantly being used and tested on the job. As I advanced and proved my abilities, my seniors rewarded me with additional responsibility, and I felt as if I made a significant different in the project I was assigned to.
My co-workers were always helpful – more... and friendly, and the company does a great job in enhancing a communal feeling between employees.
This is experience was invaluable to my career, and showed me that my passion lies in this field. – less
Great place to work with good salary!
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee), Perth, ONMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great money, nice people to work with
Cons: worked in winter weather
Solar farm setting, untaped and plugged in thousands of solar panels. Worked in all weather conditions outside.
great place to work flexible on hours of work
heavy equipment opperator (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: lots of work
great place to work excellent people to work with and easy to get along with.
Fun workplace
Aecon Safety Lead (Former Employee), SaskatchewanJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: gifts/lunches
Very diverse company, wide spectrum of all trades. Great crew of people to work with.
Health and Safety Advisor (Former Employee), OntarioOctober 31, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a variety of professionals from various cultures, demographics and trades.
Fair company to work for.
Excavator Operator (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONOctober 1, 2013
Pros: short travel time to job site.
Cons: didn't form any.
Unfortunately, I was called by the Union to go to work for an extended time, however this job received an extended time completion date and I was laid out because they were overstaffed.
Therefore, other than going to work each day - the weather was not good for digging / installing this pipeline on most days - I did my job as well as I could and would – more... have liked to complete this job as the Union had told me.
Daily Hours: 6 Days per Week / 10 Hours per Day. – less
Learning how to Manage and organize crews
Superintendent (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJune 27, 2013
Pros: experience from trenching to management
Cons: none.
A typical day in Aecon was organizing work. I learned how to be a superintendent and organize crews. I was management and feel like I did a fair and great job. Co-workers were excellent to work with. The hardest part of the job was organizing jobs to be done properly. The most enjoyable part was knowing that our customers were satisfied and happy.
very productive and safe place to work
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 7, 2013
Pros: very good company to work for.
Cons: that contract was for summer only
aecon is a very good company to work for.they focus on safety first before production.
Fast pace
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 22, 2012
Pros: company vehicle
Aecon is a great place to work, strong values and the company values you as a person
Everything is planned with co workers before we start our job.
Labourer (Current Employee), Breslau, ONSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: learning
Cons: the long hours.
Working with the staff and working with the public and a safe environment.working at placing pipes and trenching to pull the bell cable,and fibre.the hardest part of the job is pulling the cable by hand.also accomplishing a job well done.Got along with all staff members.
I have complete control over my job and crew
production foreman /superintendant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2012
Pros: bus to and from camp
Cons: not doing what they say they will
I have been at aecon for a year on the 15 th of sept I have had no issues other that when hired I was promised transportation to and from the airport as were the workers this was cancelled by management which was a hard pill for the workers to swallow as wellas myself ,the company has a hard time doing what they say they will as in the example above. – more... Money is fair for sask but 15 an hour lower than AB rates – less
Great and Stable
Workforce/Commercial Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 7, 2012
Pros: easy going environment -
Cons: no room to move up
Overall Aecon is a great place to work for however the ability to move is very minimal. My job is great I love the variety and the easy going environment . I enjoy the people I work with.
My days seems to go very fast because I am kept busy and everyday you are face with a new challenge.
did not enjoy this job
scaffold foreman (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONJuly 4, 2012
Pros: good on floor staff to work with
Cons: poor upper management/long drive to work
-get to work and get my work packages together
-go and sign on jobs at the control room
-assemble staff and do a prejob safety meeting with them and assigh tasks
-walkdown and estimate future jobs
-do time sheets and related paper work
-do postjob discussion with staff
-best part of the job was estimating
-the worst part was dealing with upper manegment – more... that didn't understand your job – less
Production orientated good safety culture
Heavey equipment operator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 23, 2012
Pros: its work
Cons: not great work shifts
If you live in the area that they are contracted to work in it may be a great career however if you have to travil the work shifts do not afford for flights to other parts of the country.
productive workplace
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ON CanadaFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: free lunches, training
Cons: short breaks
I enjoy working as part of a construction team in coordinating and design of projects. i used variety of skils such as computer,engineering and design skills to get project completed on time.
Responsable du service informatique
Responsable des TI (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 23, 2012
- Remettre en place le service informatique.
- Créer un inventaire