Aecon Mining Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and exucations
Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 30, 2015
Good comapny to work for. Good culture. Good benefits. Good management.

Lots of experience to a variety of situations and different types of work.

Lots of opportunity ro relocate.
Great work atmosphere and great wages.
Dozer Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 1, 2016
Great place to work, they always keep you busy and Keep safety there number one goal, followed with production and efficiency.
Pros
Overtime
great work place
Team lead/Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 9, 2015
great work place with good co workers theres always someone willing to help with any problem and lots of room to grow and management understands the importance of haveing a life out side of work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABDecember 2, 2015
Aecon is a fast growing company with a excellent safety rating. Safety is the number one priority!! The only negative thing I would say is that there is a lot of favoritism which affects advancement.
Pros
7 days off
Cons
camp for 14 days
Provides career development and advancement to have the necessary skills for today's modern world.
Survey Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 7, 2016
Provides an opportunity to work with the latest survey hardware and software to stay up to date with leading edge technology.
Good company
Heavy haul operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 18, 2016
Enjoyed my time here crews excellent, management always available and actually had the answers.Would work for aecon anytime.
Pros
Good management
Aecon
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 2, 2016
Great company to work for and the shift work is a good rotation. They give good training and the hours are rotation. They have good equipment to work on
Quality and crew productivity
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 28, 2016
A nice place to work with workers and other personnel on site.
the work done meets industry standards for quality and crew productivity !
Pros
Cons
nothing
work is great
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 3, 2015
employees are great as the management. I have no complaints about this company. I had a really enjoyable stay with this company and would do it again.
Aecon Mining offers competative wages , but unfortunately they dont provide job security for thier employees.
PARTS AND PURCHASING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 10, 2014
Your day will start around 3.30 4 am and involves travel to site which you are not paid for. safety is a bit of a joke as long as HS advisors are not around anything goes. I did learn a lot about the industry but that was because of one great supervisor. Management is unorganized and a lot un skilled. Most of the team were great but there is a lot of under mining and back stabbing . the hardest part of the job was lack of trained individuals, the best part was the close friendships developed.
Pros
site transportation, decent wages, benifits
Cons
poor management, unskilled workers, clicky work enviroment
Not my type of work environment
HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 18, 2014
Very limited advancement opportunities. Difficult to attain support from senior management.
Pros
company truck
Cons
poor management, low wages, no room for advancement
Aecon Mining Construction Services.
EHS Advisor (Current Employee) –  Long Harbour, NLFebruary 23, 2015
Good Company from Local Level. Seems to be very corporate central, and leaves the outlying projects to fend for themselves.
Excellent local Management.
Employer Above Average.

I enjoy my time with Aecon. Would recommend.
Pros
great local management
Cons
feel like very much left without direction from corporate.
Fast paced work environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurraySeptember 19, 2012
- Starts with site visit and meetings with foreman's and superintendent. Check work progress in the field, analyse issues, get into office in second half of the day and work on cost, schedule, project controls, safety issues, Change management, and other management documentation.
- Learns all the field process, areas to increase productivity, Equipment utilization and project management tools and techniques.
- Project Management, Construction management, Supervision and leadership.
- Interact with all kind of skills, trades, with different qualification. From a general Labor to MBA professionals.
- trying to be at many places at same time.
- Get to see all side of business, Involvement in complete process from Estimating to project completion.
Pros
good work exposure. gained good experience
Cons
trying to be at many places at same time.
Experience on large equipment. 700 link belt, 850 HItachi ex.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Jansen Mine BHPFebruary 21, 2013
We would get bussed out too BHP Jansen mine(local). By the end I moved up a few seat postions and had more work experience on larger equipment. Management improved over time! Co-workers werte mainly from the east. Overall good co-workers. Was seperating the good & bad material & flowing at a steady pace with one excavator.could use another excavator or less trucks.Trucks wouldn't pace themselves. Operating an 850 sized excavator.
Pros
large equipment
Cons
night shift vs day shift it seems
Great Company ,Great Team Leads
Haulage Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Mcmurray , AlbertaApril 29, 2013
Enjoy the bus rides into work with the coworkers , then we meet in the lunch room for coffee and tool box meeting and line-up for the day ,then we all head out to our equipment where we work safely and look out to each other and report all unsafe acts, potential hazards or near misses and get through each day safely and productively and look forward to the bus ride home were we unwind and joke about the day and make it home to our family safely everyday !
Pros
great friends good team work
Cons
over all great to work for
Team lead/Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 20, 2015
great employers really try to find work for you even when times are slow always given days off when asked or given over time hours when asked formans are great with helping with any problem and understand there is more to like then just work
Great opportunity to learn new skills
Operator- Front End Loader (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 7, 2014
Very busy highly congested work site. Very dangerous work place.
You have to be adaptable to the quickly changing work front.
Pros
lots of over -time pay made up for the cons
Cons
long hours and long commute
Very very poor management
Support Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 23, 2014
Very poor managed company . Very good co-workers . Learned if You are not from East coast and if You are profetional in what ever You are doing it is no way that You go ahed and represent Your knolage quality .
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
very very poor management
Growing Mining Department with a bright future
Dispatch operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurraayMarch 1, 2013
I love working here, I would consider staying with this company for remainder of my career. I want a career in Safety, If a safety position comes open to me here, that would be my preferred choice.
Pros
good pay
Cons
travel to work
Good place to work at
Document Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONMay 1, 2014
Come in early by a few minutes.
Check work emails.
Make list of tasks for the day.
Prioritize the tasks.
Start the work day.

We work as a team with support and help from all the members of the team to get the job done on time. With accuracy.
Pros
flexible hours. understanding and caring management
Cons
long commute