Aecon Mining Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great work place
Team lead/Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 9, 2015
great work place with good co workers theres always someone willing to help with any problem and lots of room to grow and management understands the importance of haveing a life out side of work
work is great
Welder (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 3, 2015
employees are great as the management. I have no complaints about this company. I had a really enjoyable stay with this company and would do it again.
Productive and exucations
Site Lead (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 30, 2015
Good comapny to work for. Good culture. Good benefits. Good management.

Lots of experience to a variety of situations and different types of work.

Lots of opportunity ro relocate.
over all great to work for
Team lead/Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 20, 2015
great employers really try to find work for you even when times are slow always given days off when asked or given over time hours when asked formans are great with helping with any problem and understand there is more to like then just work
garbage garbage garbage
Operator (Former Employee), fort mcmurrayMarch 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: the list is too long
never again will i ever even consider working for these useless clowns.They dont care about their employees that are not from a certain place.nuff said
Aecon Mining Construction Services.
EHS Advisor (Current Employee), Long Harbour, NLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great local management
Cons: feel like very much left without direction from corporate.
Good Company from Local Level. Seems to be very corporate central, and leaves the outlying projects to fend for themselves.
Excellent local Management.
Employer Above Average.

I enjoy my time with Aecon. Would recommend.
Great people to work with.
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: managemeny buy in
Cons: low wages for the area
Great people and schedule. Everyone treated as an equal and all opinions counted. It was understood that family came first and everything was done to help you in this regard. If you were unsure of anything you were told to stop what you were doing until you had clarification.
Experience
Equipment operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good pay, team players, great experence
Cons: long drve back and forth, no camp, no flghts
They were a great bunch to work with. They were always willing to give you chances on new pieces of equipment.
Great opportunity to learn new skills
Operator- Front End Loader (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 7, 2014
Pros: lots of over -time pay made up for the cons
Cons: long hours and long commute
Very busy highly congested work site. Very dangerous work place.
You have to be adaptable to the quickly changing work front.
Not my type of work environment
HSE Advisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 18, 2014
Pros: company truck
Cons: poor management, low wages, no room for advancement
Very limited advancement opportunities. Difficult to attain support from senior management.
Very very poor management
Support Equipment Technician (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: very very poor management
Very poor managed company . Very good co-workers . Learned if You are not from East coast and if You are profetional in what ever You are doing it is no way that You go ahed and represent Your knolage quality .
Great Place to work
Labourer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 3, 2014
Pros: good hours and pay
Cons: no work available right now
I found Aecon to be a great place to work and the management and coworkers were fantastic to work for.
Very welcoming and friendly atmosphere to work in
Heavy Hauler Operator & Dozer operator (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 2, 2014
Pros: happy environment
Cons: long commute to work
This company is a very good company to work for. The foreman are pleasant and easy to work for and fair if time is ever needed off.
good overall work experience
Apprentice Automotive Service Technician (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 29, 2014
opportunity to grow within the company, I was able to move into the apprentice program within a few months of working there
Tremendous group of co-workers
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 5, 2014
Pros: comradery amongst the staff
Cons: lack of contracts result in shorter work rotation, to cut costs.
My GF and foremen were tough yet fair. We share a mutual level of respect for one another and I can only be so lucky to have people of their character and caliber, in my future endeavors. I led my co-workers by example, by performing all tasks required, in a safe and efficient manner, focusing on safety and proper work procedures.
Good place to work at
Document Control Clerk (Current Employee), Brantford, ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: flexible hours. understanding and caring management
Cons: long commute
Come in early by a few minutes.
Check work emails.
Make list of tasks for the day.
Prioritize the tasks.
Start the work day.

We work as a team with support and help from all the members of the team to get the job done on time. With accuracy.
great people to work with
labourer (Former Employee), k+s bethuneApril 28, 2014
easy going people, lots of variety, Great work schedule, Good benefits, up to date tools and equipment.
Aecon Mining offers competative wages , but unfortunately they dont provide job security for thier employees.
PARTS AND PURCHASING COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: site transportation, decent wages, benifits
Cons: poor management, unskilled workers, clicky work enviroment
Your day will start around 3.30 4 am and involves travel to site which you are not paid for. safety is a bit of a joke as long as HS advisors are not around anything goes. I did learn a lot about the industry but that was because of one great supervisor. Management is unorganized and a lot un skilled. Most of the team were great but there is a lot of under mining and back stabbing . the hardest part of the job was lack of trained individuals, the best part was the close friendships developed.
Fuel and Lube Technician
Fuel and Lube Technician (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 1, 2013
Pros: aecon gives out rewards monthly for jobs and safety well done
Cons: 15 hour days with shift and driving to and from work
A typical day at work is fueling, greasing and adding oils as needed to all equipment on site. This consists of Haul trucks, 793s, 789s, 777s and articulating rock trucks.Other equipment are excavators, shovels, dozers, graters, and packers. I learned what different oils that each equipment takes. My co-workers are well trained such as myself and do a great job day in and day out and safety is no. 1 with the crew. The hardest part of the job is going to service the 5500 shovel down in the mine in the tar sands as the ground is very soft and lots of congestion with haul trucks, you have to be aware of your surroundings and pay attention. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different operators on different equipment throughout the mine.
Good exposure to a wide variety of construction situations
Surveyor (Current Employee), Ft. McMurrayJune 27, 2013
Pros: wide variety of experiences
Cons: large fluctuations in working hours
Aecon mining has a small survey division.
I really enjoy all of my coworkers and our learning experiences working together. Everyone has a sense of humor and a sense of pride in their work. I was trained by several excellent party chiefs and feel confident in my abilities to survey a construction site.