Aecon Industrial Employee Reviews

all around great place to work
Technical Document Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 October 2017
Aecon Industrial believes in life balance and treats all employees as individuals. Safety and job satisfaction are number one priority. Company provided benefits are an extra bonus.
BEST company ever!
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bright, ON21 July 2017
I'm on a contract position with Aecon and Aecon is an amazing company to work for...great work/life/family balance. As well, excellent wage, benefits and opportunity. My day is a 10hr day right on the construction site. I've learned to understand the whole job...field work and office work. It's very hands on with lots to learn. Management here on site and at the head office have been a wonderful support in all areas. The hardest part of my job is having to say good bye to some really great people...both trade world and Aecon as the project winds down and is getting ready to close. In saying that, I am sure for many of us, our paths will cross again in the construction/industrial world. I enjoy arriving every day and my day is upbeat, busy and enjoyable. As much as I wish this job would last forever, unfortunately the contract and job itself is coming to an end. I hope to continue working for Aecon Industrial, Energy Division in the future as new contracts come along.
Pros
Hands on experience in the field, team building events, great swag
Cons
Long hours during peak season
Long hours and not much flexibility
Quality Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 April 2017
This is a great position if you don't have kids at home and are ok with early morning and getting home late. It was casual, didn't have to dress up, but the hours were too long for me.
Every day presents its new challenges
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 February 2017
The job function is to order material requirements as they are received for the various job sites. Source suppliers from the established supplier list or go to new suppliers if better pricing and lead times are available to support production. Can be difficult to meet required dates because many of the materials are required next day.
exciting jobs. well compensated
Construction and Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Bright, ON15 November 2016
Aecon is very dedicated to ensure a good safety culture. They are very capable of completing jobs in a safe, timely manor. great supervision with plenty of knowlege, that care about their workers. very well compensated for a well ddone job.
excellent company
Industrial Construction Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2016
awesome place to have worked. Too bad the mods were all done and the work ended... They had real good set up of the jobsite and the lunchrooms were nice and clean.
great company
Piping Drafter/Checker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 July 2016
I worked for Aecon. A great company. The co-workers are nice and professional. I am very happy to work with this company and learned a lot.
Profesional
Welding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 June 2016
Aecon is a very skilled company involved in many aspects of construction. Young in the nuclear industry but has the potential to become a world leader.
Disorganized but got to be at home everynight
Certified Electrician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 May 2016
Hard to say if it was just the management on that job or if its the way the company is run, but that job was really disorganized! Job task would change completely in matter of minutes from either not having the proper prints to proper look ahead to see if we can even start working on the structure. On the plus side got to be home everynight, had some great co workers and they paid well
A very productive place to work and enjoyed it
Certified Journeyman Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB26 May 2016
An excellent place to work I enjoyed my employment there. In an excellent location at the time it was 20 mins from home. It was overall an excellent place to work
Great workers. happy enviorment
3rd year apprentice (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 January 2016
Aecon was a good place to work with even with it being night shift.
Only problem I had was the little job security. a large number of workers were getting laid off at a time and eventually they shut the whole night shift down. other then that working at aecon was great I never had problems with the foermen or bosses and they were all willing to teach and give a helping hand whenever you asked
Pros
good hours, kind manegment.
Cons
job security
A very good company and well managed
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 July 2015
You are treated like a person first and foremost. At Aecon you are allowed to speak your view and it always well received as they want top hear what the workers have to say. I can honestly say I have not worked for a better company here in Alberta and being in the union it is now 7 companies since arriving in Alberta.
Pros
free thinkers with good safety group and all your required safety gear is given to you readily
Cons
no cons at all
Fun and loving place to be
Senior Cost Accountant (Cost Accounting Lead) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton17 January 2014
I love what I do but prefer challenging opportunity and progress in my career
Excellent
QA/QC Supervisor and Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2013
Aecon Industrial is an Excellent employer.
Very professional and fun place to work
worst place i worked..
Metal Trade/Steamfitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 April 2013
didn't receive proper training, was put in dangerous situationist, was promised lots but nothing came out of it.