Advisor Group, Rogers Publishing seeks an art assistant to support its print and web editorial products.
This is a freelance position for which you’ll be assigned work on a project basis, with possibility for an on-site, extended contract should we love what you produce.
We draw inspiration from publications such as Monocle, Fast Company, Wired and Conde Nast Traveler -- in other words, we’re not your average business magazine.
- Brainstorming ideas with the editorial team regarding design for copy
- Sourcing photographers and illustrators for articles; negotiating on pricing of photographers as assigned
- Creating eye-catching designs for the magazines’ pages
- Editing photos and creating illustrations
- Designing info-graphics, charticles and large format (gatefold) treatments that present statistical elements and other research derived data with clarity
Who are you? Your love for typography is evident in your portfolio, but perhaps a little guidance would help you get great results. You’re headed our way if you’re an ambitious, open-minded person who likes a challenge, appreciates deadlines and can transform dry copy into something beautiful.
You will be working primarily offsite, with monthly work on the premises (located at Bloor and Sherbourne). You must have the following qualifications:
- Skilled in Mac applications, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator CS6
- Attention to detail and open to criticism
- Dedicated to learning and developing skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in art or graphic design
- 4 years of experience in a design role in the magazine or newspaper publishing industry
- Ability to work under pressure and rise to creative challenges under tight timelines
- A portfolio (PDF or website link)
- Cover letter
Deadline: April 14, 2014
We thank you for your interest; however we will only contact those chosen for an interview.