Mechanical Engineer- Assembly
Our client a World Class Automotive Supplier located North of Toronto has an opportunity available for a Mechanical Engineer.
- Develop D/A, Theme and Budget request documentation as applicable
- Manage equipment development projects to meet Business plan/new model targets
- Develop and update schedules to track project status
- Manage project budgets
- Ensure equipment installations comply all safety standards and PHSR requirements
- Complete reports documenting root cause and perform c/m’s for equipment downtime
- Develop and implement equipment improvements to improve equipment efficiency, reliability and recovery simplification
- Countermeasure completion & follow-up tracking (PDCA Cycle)
- Supervise and coordinate contractors during equipment modifications and installations.
- Create/modify mechanical drawings using AutoCAD and CATIA.
- Develop and confirm equipment spec.’s for new equipment installs
- Identify and implement countermeasures for equipment cycle time or reliability problems.
The successful candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Mechanical Engineering / Technologist degree or equivalent training and experience
- Industrial experience in related field (Equipment design, project management)
- Automation equipment experience (Hydraulics, pneumatics, Robotics, tooling design, material handling, equipment design and layout, load analysis, process design and flow )
- Training and demonstrated ability in using Autocad and CATIA /SOLIDWORKS for equipment layout confirmation and design.
- Willing to work overtime as per job requirements
- Willing to work scheduled shutdowns and weekends as required
- Willing to change shifts to investigate model specific issues
- Willing to modify work hours for weekend work when required.
Skills in the following areas would also be an asset for this position:
- Equipment commissioning experience
- Strong analytical and reporting skills (Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint)
- Project leader and management experience
- Ability to analyze equipment downtime, determine root cause
- Machine safe guarding standards knowledge
- Mitsubishi PLCs, Safety PLC systems (Mitsubishi, Siemens, Jokab, Pilz)
- Hands on approach to working on and troubleshooting equipment processes/modify
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong independent and self starter skills
- Robotics, Vision systems
Indeed - 30+ days ago