Manufacturing Engineer/Industrial Engineer- Automotive
Manufacturing Technical Engineer:
- Build strong working relationships with Operating Partners and the union to deliver business results:
- Design and conduct time studies to ensure efficiency levels of lean manufacturing and manning are met or exceeded. Conduct work station reviews and work closely with plant maintenance to ensure station meets
- Perfect Workstation criteria and ensure adherence to safety and ergonomic standards in a timely manner.
- Engage production groups in improving quality standards and active root cause analysis; drive the implementation of corrective actions.
- Validate process adherence to quality-mapped jobs: tooling, parts usages, method, sequence, etc. Ensure all necessary reports are completed accurately and on time for submission.
- Organize "manage-the-change" activities to ensure seamless transition of engineering/part changes. Implement process improvements to support lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Perform audits to ensure implemented processes are being followed and provide countermeasures for any non - conformance.
- improve processes to eliminate quality and time issues relating to vehicle assembly.
- Work closely with production/safety/ergo/maintenance to ensure all changes are implemented as per design and in a timely manner, while adhering to safety and ergonomic standards. Experience establishing operation time standards in conjunction with in plant standard processes (Pre - determined time standards).
- Apply and implement components contained within the Maintenance Operating System (MOS). Predict and plan for maintenance frequencies and related corrective actions for all equipment and tooling to maximize throughput-work to minimize unplanned equipment downtime through effective preventative and crisis maintenance and optimize predictive maintenance, and robust constraint management.
- Analyze maintenance data and performance data (uptime) and recommend maintenance activity improvements (scheduling, frequency, employee resource allocation, prioritization, job plans/instructions).
- . Perform MODAPTS studies. Develop & update Operator-Instruction-Sheet documents as required,
- . Maintain a state of continuous improvement to eliminate waste and cost from the overall assembly process.
-- 5+ years of Industrial Engineering Experience
Experience in an automotive environment is preferred. Experience in a unionized environment is preferred.
University Degree or diploma in Industrial Engineering
Indeed - 9 months ago