Compensation - $16/hour
Contract til Dec 24th
Reporting to the Manager, Information Services, this position is responsible for providing accurate and timely technical support to the user community in the delivery of benchmarking studies. Specifically, the Technical Specialist I is responsible for producing reports for the various benchmarking studies, Quality checking reports, developing new report formats within the AG3.0 environment as required to meet the needs of the Program Managers, and providing technical support for testing and development initiatives within Information Services.
(Number in brackets indicates the percentage of time the activity typically requires. Total not to exceed 100%.)
1. Quality checking – ensure accuracy of reports generated within AG3.0 Reporting Module through rigorous testing of new reports and existing reports, when changes are made to the process/system, and fixing ‘bugs’ in new and existing reports.
2. Program Coordinator Liaison – serve as the first point of contact with the Project Coordinators within a region(s), as assigned, with regards to issues/concerns or changes in specifications that impact on process, technology and/or applications. Requires a strong understanding of the role of the Program Coordinators to include their program deliverables and timelines as well as their key issues and concerns.
3. Reports Generation – During peak production/reporting cycles, using AG3.0 Reporting Module, complete spec data entry, conduct quality assurance on deliverables from data processing, and generate reports (Excel, Power-point & PDF formats) drawing on data stored in the in-house data repository based on specifications developed collaboratively with end user groups worldwide.
4. Programming Support - undertake hands-on programming as required to include the development of new report shells, templates and scripts, streamlining existing reports within AG3.0 Reporting Module, and streamlining/enhancing AG3.0 Excel specs. May include working with Program Coordinators to develop report specifications and programming needs
5. Process Improvements & IT Protocols– as part of the ongoing process improvement lifecycle, work within the IS dept to enhance overall capabilities, research emerging reporting technologies and best practices within IS reporting area and assess impact/use within AGI. Contribute to IS reporting protocols, internal reporting documentation, and the development of IS tools to enhance turnaround of deliverables.
6. Training & Support – provide training and support, as required, on internal processes & software applications to employees within Advantage Group (5%)
7. Other – provide back-up support to Data Processing and Pre-field, in-field by completing duties as required to meet the needs of the organization.
Internal: Program Managers, other IS department employees, Manager, Information Services
Key Position Requirements
(C = critical; I = important; N = nice to have)
Education & Experience:
1. Post-secondary degree/diploma in computer science (C)
2. One or more years experience with current versions of reporting and/or business intelligence development tools (e.g. Crystal Reports) (I)
3. One or more years experience in PostgreSQL environment (I)
4. Experience working in the market research industry (N)
5. Relational database experience (N)
Knowledge & Skills (competencies):
6. Advanced skill level in all Microsoft applications (C)
7. Advanced programming skills in Excel, Access, VBA, HTML, and SQL scripting (C)
8. Analytical skills (C)
9. Strong verbal communication skills (internal contacts) (I)
10. Problem-solving skills (I)
11. Fluency (written & oral) in one or more languages other than English (N)
Attributes & Behaviours:
12. Attention to detail; focus on accuracy (C)
13. Initiative (I)
14. Responsible & Accountable (C)
15. Flexible & Adaptable (I)
16. Independent worker (I)
17. Continuous improvement philosophy (I)
18. Tolerance for stress (program timelines; global time zones; conflicting demands and interruptions) (I)