Advantage Technical Resourcing Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
they are not extraordinary
Senior Application Systems Engineer at Wells Fargo (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: prompt weekly payment
Cons: dead end job
They will pay you on time and that is a major plus. I learned a few things about the client. Clients that use these resourcing companies are only interested in cut rate employees.
Great people.
Food Sampler (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2016
Fun learning experience. Enjoyed making different food products. Everything about that job made me want to continue to give it my all. I never had a problem going into work and doing my job.
Really Liked This Job
Receiving Clerk/Production (Former Employee), Norwood, MADecember 31, 2015
Pros: Forklift Operation and Great Co Workers
Cons: Very Long Hours
I really enjoyed working for this company. Some of the better aspects were the Operation of a Forklift and the Receiving Department.
Fast Paced and technical jobs are various in demand
Plant Engineer Maintenance (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXNovember 23, 2015
Pros: Great job placement and assignments to go to.
Cons: Sometimes you are not hired on permanent as stated.
Great company to work for and the recruiter team always have a listening ear to your concerns. I recommend tech minded people to seek employment opportunity with this outfit.
Advantage Resourcing
Consultant (Current Employee), South Ohio regionNovember 2, 2015
Pros: The Advantage people. Tremendous support
Cons: Not enough regular work
Advantage provides field engineering to the HP Managed services contract. Quite a variety of installation experience with the HP product line. Rather satisfying opportunities with daily challenges. Nice work and support.
Employee Focused
Warranty Claims Assessor (Current Employee), Dearborn, MISeptember 28, 2015
Pros: Employee focused employer with good benefits
Cons: advancement opportunities are limited depending on position
The management team were great. The company was very employee focused and they were genuinely concerned about work related stress. The position was fun and enjoyable. However, the advancement opportunities in that position are extremely limited.
Never Again
Claims Administration Associate (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 9, 2015
This was my first and LAST time ever working for a temp agency. They placed me in a position that was supposed to be temp to hire. After only 3 months of being there, our entire department was called into a meeting with the company executives to tell us that they were closing our department so that they could outsource to a contractor and that we would all be losing our jobs in 4 months. After calling ATR they claimed they had no idea of the department closing but they "unfortunately" could not place me anywhere else with the company I was currently working for nor could they place me with any other company. They also mentioned that I would have to apply with the outsource company in order to keep my job.

After receiving that news I began going on interviews with other companies. My supervisor then began to contact ATR to report that I was having attendance issues even after I explained numerous times the reasons for my absences and delayed arrivals. After a meeting with my supervisor to give clarification and resolve the issue I was then introduced to new employee who was also a temp. She was literally dropped off at my desk and was told that I would be her trainer. 2 days later ATR called to tell me that my supervisor gave notification that morning to have my contract ended the same day. I asked the reason for my contract termination and they said it was because of attendance.

The next day I logged on to this app to see that my former position had been reposted with a note stating " temp contract for 1 month only, good attendance required"
Absolutely stress free work place with unlimited earning and growth potential
Mail Presorter (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2015
Pros: I would work for Advantage any time possible
Cons: They always were very understanding during my time of hardship
I gave Advantage Technical Resourcing 5 stars because they are really a great Co. to work for and really care about their employees concerns.
Grate company to work with
Help Desk Support Technician (Current Employee), Pataskala, OHJuly 13, 2015
Nice place to work , its grate company . Good management.
its enjoyable place I would be there any time .
Good salary, Good benefit,
Poor management
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), HoustonJune 4, 2015
Pros: They call you in a regular basis
Cons: Offers work out of your experience or nobody wants with lower pay
They always call you but with offers to work totally different that your experiences exposing you to fail to the client or not longer or achieve the permanent position hours to be permanent. Worst management ever.
"On Call" contract company for IT people
IT Technician (Contract) (Current Employee), Waltham, MAMay 31, 2015
Pros: Good company
Cons: Sometimes only one job a month/or less.
Want a little work to fill in a few hours a month/months. Advantage is a great company to work for and great individuals to work with.
Great place to work with friendly people.
Field Engineer (Current Employee), Norwood, MAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great money, get to travel, good people, exciting
Cons: Down time
A typical day at work varies because each day is a new task with the machine, so it's always changing and exciting. I learned how the postal APPS system works. Management is all about the workers and they do their best to make sure everything is running smoothly. The co-workers are very friendly and since it's a job that travels they all look out for one another. The hardest part of the job is waiting for the next site to start. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to learn about the postal APPS system and work with a great group of people.
Little to no room for advancement
Lifecycle Support Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 21, 2015
Pros: Quick and easy assignments, competitive wages.
Cons: not a place to grow your career or develop new skills
I was a field service tech. While I had LAN/WAN management experience I was relegated to pushing 200lb printers up and down government hallways. I was always kept just outside the amount of hours that qualified me for any benefits. Not to mention the fact I incurred expenses like an independent contractor but was on a W2. Last but not least, I was setup for direct deposit but often got paper checks that most places wouldn't cash because the company had developed a rep for writing bad checks. If you are desperate for a check, then fine, enter at your own risk. Otherwise...do your best to find another company, or just contract yourself out.
It was fun
Analyst Compliance/Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 3, 2015
Pros: there was none
Cons: No benifits
They were a good company to work for. They were good to there employees. I really recommend this Agency. They were very helpful with everything there.
This company is very old recruiter company
PC Technician Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 16, 2015
I have worked for this company for a long time since 2000. This company is my stepping stone to the IT field. They use to be TAC worldwide and they based in Boston area. HP is one of the companies that hires them to send recruits to work. I have worked in law firms, banks, and advertising firm.
Best Traveling job
Machine Upgrade Technician for USPS (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: ttavel some where new every 6 weeks
Cons: never found one
This was my Dream Company to work with. I worked traveling the country for almost 15 years installing and upgrading USPS sorting machines and tray management systems.
Advantage Technical Resouring is great for learning new skills on the job.
Electronic Production Line Assembler (Current Employee), Columbia, MDFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: they work with you when problems may occur.
Cons: lunch break is short.
Going to work setting up work stations turning on the computers for log in following all procedure to get the day started. The co-workers are friendly and we all work as a team and check each others work and help when needed. The hard part about the job is leaving for the day and you just wanted to get more work out. When we meet all our customers requirement at the end of the day is the most enjoyable because you feel good you got the job done on time.
Great company for temp work.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: straight forward company, no bulshit.
Cons: jobs are only temporary.
The jobs are temporary. They do what they say and pay what they offer. They made a few mistakes here and there on the HR side but they were quickly corrected. I would work for them again.
Fast-paced work enivronment, with nice breakrooms that included a pool table and tv's.
Customer Service Representative/Lead Supervisor (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: promotions, location, breakrooms.
Cons: schedules, working weekends, not easy to get hired on permanantly, pay.
- Setting up all systems to do my job efficiently, taking inbound calls to assist customer's pertaining to the company, help other agents in need of assistance, manage a team of agents in helping them perform their jobs appropriately, & professionally.
- Learned about guidelines & requirements pertaining to filing taxes, deadlines, & qualifications for loans pertaining to the company.
- Management was fair & easy to get along with, but not all management was always available at your time of need.
- Many of my co-workers were friendly & easy to get along with, but some were not as easy to get along with, & unprofessional.
- The hardest part of the job was not being able to always have the answers as needed, sometimes dealing with unprofessional co-workers, & the systems not always working.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to manage a team of agents & learning more about the job.
Very White Washed
HR Representative (Former Employee), Bloomfield, MIJanuary 4, 2015
Cons: no diversity, bullys, management is weird
Office in Bloomfield hills is scared of "corporate" and kept things from them. Management would be mad directly at people who decided to leave, recruiter and HR reps. One person was allowed to curse daily and cry in the office all over her ex husband of 5+ years, another lady who was "technically" hired by corporate was an outright bully, no one did anything she was able to say to another coworker- "what are you easily distracted like a dog" every one laughed. I was even told "I couldn't say anything or challenge her because she was technically a part of corporate" No diversity except in the dearborn office and then they backstabbed a black recruiter talked about her bad (the crying lady) to the whole office and everyone just agreed no one said anything.