Advantage Sales and Marketing Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Brokerage Company
Account Executive (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMay 18, 2014
Good company to work for if you are in the CPG industry and looking to work for a top brokerage firm.
okay
Vendor Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2014
Pros: good first time job
Cons: never stick with schedule hours
low hours, good for a first time job, learned new things about products and skills to sell
Interesting, lots of travel
Retail Sales Merchandiser. (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 16, 2014
I managed a large area, interesting job. Fun place to work, good for a retired person looking for extra income.
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 16, 2014
Pros: the ability to work without supervision and to work a somewhat flexible schedule.
Cons: the amount of money you have to spend on car maintenance and gas.
A typical day involves traveling to the stores you have scheduled for that day and talking with store managers to ensure that products are displayed correctly. It's also important to sell in additional displays when you see an opportunity. You have to learn most of the job on your own and figure it out as you go because the Advantage Sales and Marketing – more... management team is usually clueless. – less
Great co-workers
Lead Event Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2014
Not enough hours poor management but great customers and great co-workers very laid back enviormnent
Productive and fun place to work and great place to meet people.
Lead Event Specialist (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMay 15, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: not enough time for breaks.
I work 6 1/2 hours a day. 4-5 days a week.
Learned how to work with others and how to manage my time better.
My co workers are very hard workers and help me get things done in the amount of time allowed.
I enjoy seeing people on a regular basis.
Very good Management
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Dover, DEMay 14, 2014
This employer is great to work for. It is a great atmosphere to work for. My boss was a wonderful person. She made it very easy to understand how to go about doing the job at each store.
not a steady part time job
Demonstration Specialist (Former Employee), Moberly, MOMay 9, 2014
Pros: flexible, as much time off as you need
Cons: no vacation time, no pay raises, no cost of living raise, poor management
your hours really vary on this job. Demo's don't leave you a lot of hours. Before i left this job the last two months were really down hill. I didn't even get a paycheck one pay period (2 weeks) because I had no work. I had to find a better job were I can at least manage my own bills. I know the ceo can at least give raises and steady hours (more then – more... 2 days a week) I hated having to clean up Walmart's blockade of items in the store before event. Getting there at 10 didn't manage to get out til 1pm. It's a job for people not really wanting to work or borderline retirement. Summer usually has hours that pick up. Hardest part was staying at same pay rate for 3 years. Insurance, that is a laugh. For one person it would be $300 and that is short term only medical and dental. I was the only one left after a while. I seen why no one stayed. You can't call upper management for stock on some things, but that's if it ever happens. Company based out of cali there isn't many options for moving up in the company and that is if you want to. – less
Rewarding Career
TALENT ACQUISITION RECRUITER [REMOTE] (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 9, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: management changes
• Responsible for candidate development of active and passive candidates for high volume positions in the organizations.

• Extensive interaction with hiring managers with a consultative approach that drives the candidate management process to facilitate a greater volume of candidates in the recruitment life cycle.

• Manage the hiring process for selected – more... candidates to include arranging interviews, debriefing the candidate and hiring manager, generating offer letter and partnering with the respective coordinator.

• Lead yearly seasonal ramp-ups for Home Depot/Lowes Assembly, Construction and NWL Rubbermaid division. Recognized for meeting & exceeding hiring goals set for team.

• Requisition Management [averaging 30+] – less
Communications Manager Wal-Mart Inc (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARMay 8, 2014
There are a lot of opportunities for career growth at ASM. You get to meet a lot of people and work with many different clients like Mars, Smuckers, and Energizer.
Unless you are a lead event specailist it is difficult to get hours except during the holidays.
Lead Event Specialist (Former Employee), Winchester, KYMay 6, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: busiest during holidays
This is a great company to work for.
I enjoyed educating customers about products and services. When there were free samples the customers were especially pleasant.
Good Company -- too corporate sometimes
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaMay 5, 2014
Pros: people!
Cons: very corporate
This company has an excellent training program for entry level employees. They are grwoing rapidly and have a positive look for the future.

With growth means larger workloads without compensation meeting the same growth.
Strong growing company full of career advancement
National Communication Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2014
Pros: travel, exposure with a number of large clients, career development
Cons: work-load doesn't always match desired salary
I've had nothing but great career opportunities since I started with ASM in 2010.
Fun place to work at, but no advancements or raises.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Buford, GAApril 29, 2014
Cons: no breaks
- I learned how to sell a product, and effectively get it to sell and raise the goals.
- Management did not recognize a lot of the best sellers.
Used for experience
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 26, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: pay, lack of resources
This was a chance for me to gain experience. The company underwent changes and started slashing resources. Not competitive with pay, work life balance.
Good people to work with, but not a great company to work for long term
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNApril 23, 2014
Pros: good people, flexible hours
Cons: bad pay, bad benefits, no advancement, no raises
Great place to gain experience, but limited opportunities to advance. Management does not do much to help direct reports develop or advance.
Hectic Workplace
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Hobart, INApril 22, 2014
Working as an event specialist could get a little overwhelming sometimes but with the help of my coworker I was able to complete the job efficiently.
Advantage Sales and Marketing
Event Specialist (Current Employee), 1400 S. Douglass Rd Anaheim, CA 92816April 21, 2014
I have been working for ASM for almost a year. I really like the job culture being mostly internet based with the freedom to self manage. A typical day is to set up my event cart in a local retail store. I purchase products describe in my event kit with a corporate credit card. I prepare the products that are then sampled by shoppers. At the end of – more... my shift, I clean the equipment and put the event cart away. Finally, I complete a call report via my cell phone describing the hours I worked and the results of my event. I rarely encounter co-workers and am very pleased to work with them when scheduled. The hardest part of the job is standing in one place. The most enjoyable part is using customer service skills to see satisfied customers. – less
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 20, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: standing for long periods of time
Great company, good management, work/life balance is ideal
management out of touch
Core (Current Employee), indianaApril 20, 2014
Overwhelmed at the store level
Management is not in the field

About Advantage Sales and Marketing

Making consumer products is one thing, but selling them is another, and that's where Advantage Sales & Marketing (ASM) comes in. – Read more

Advantage Sales and Marketing Photos