Advantage Sales and Marketing

Advantage Sales and Marketing Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worked with great people
Club Supervisor (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 22, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: event specialists got 30 minutes for lunch and no breaks, i got two people raises during the three years i was there, i never got a raise and don't know anyone who did, except for the people i asked upper management for.
I was a club supervisor and this was the most stressful job I've ever had. I had to walk the floor all day and then go home and get all of my paperwork and reports done before I could go to bed. The schedule came out on our day off and we had 24 hours to get the schedule entered into the system.

I also had to take care of little feuds between event – more... specialists every once and a while. I was the only one that would buy a box of candy or popsicles and hand them out to my people in gratitude for their hard dedicated work. They were a great bunch. Right after I left and lot of upper management were either fired or quit. The company lost a lot of good people. – less
Great company
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 21, 2014
Pros: flexible
This is a flexible job and great if you have a family. The pay is decent and they paid mileage. If you can work on your own this is a excellent place to work.
Good company to work for.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 20, 2014
Pros: enjoy job...working with public.
Cons: i drive daily an hour to/from work. to much gas and time unpaid for.
I enjoy my job with this company. The supervisiors are helpful and keep in contact with you.
Laid back and low key environment
Business Account Administrator (Former Employee), Ashland, VAJune 17, 2014
Pros: laid back
Cons: better pay
I ran the scale house for a soil remediation company as well as admin work for home office to include payoff and some other accounting.
Organize and execute marketing and sales events.
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCJune 16, 2014
Enjoy working at this company, great environment, great people. Arrive at work in the morning and set up my station. Market the products and give customers information about the products such as nutritional facts and ingredients.
Challinging work place with constantly changing goals
Merchandiser part time (Former Employee), Laredo, TXJune 15, 2014
Pros: flexable scheduling, a fun and successul to product to represent, great customers, outstanding supervisor
Cons: required to store large amounts of display materials at my own expense, large territory (200 miles long) for a part time position, inadaquate transportation and car expense allowance, spotty field support
I provided part time Merchandising resources for a well known chocolate candy products producer to a limited set of customers. I learned about Merchandising, Retail Grocery Business structures and operation, and the mechanics of competition for chocolate candy sales.

I developed my own schedule to visit the specified stores within the hours in my budget. – more... Travel time constituted almost 50% of my day.
I was responsible for developing my own strategies to accomplish the marketing goals set by management.

Management was focused, above all, on meeting the needs of the client, and meeting performance goals (naturally). Goals were set at the corporate level and without concern for local conditions. This was a particular problem for my territory which is not typical of many others. This resulted in the need for lots of communication to explain/justify observed local vs. desired national results. While my direct management became convinced the conflicts were real, nothing was able to be done about the goals or reporting. My supervisor did as much as he could within the scope of his resources and was great to work for.

Because of the relatively remote location, I had little direct contact with my coworkers The contact I had was friendly and constructive.

I really enjoyed the flexible schedule and part time hours. – less
Not worth the aggravation
RETAIL FIELD SUPERVISOR. (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILJune 13, 2014
Cons: low pay
Under pay, over worked, unorganized company and no loyalty to it's employees ...
Great Company!!!
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Portland, MEJune 11, 2014
This company was an awesome company to work for. I loved the people I worked with and the pay wasn't half ad either.
work independently
Event Specialist (Current Employee), californiaJune 10, 2014
work on your own.. use a computer mostly..have to be a self starter and very organized and punctual person to do this job
Great interaction Job
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Ames, IAJune 8, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: standing on your feet
If your a people person you'll definitely fit in at this job. It's all about the customer just be happy and friendly and you'll do well. You have to stand for a little while but other than that it's a great job.
Perform various challenges for different manufacturers.
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 8, 2014
Pros: healthcare, vacation and other benefits
Cons: pay scale
*Interacting with store managers and department managers for different job tasks.
advantage sales and marketing
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Latham, NYJune 7, 2014
this company is a very good company to work for. the one thing that i do not like is the fact that i am hired for the company but i do not have any hrs. this is why i am trying to find another job.
Growing Company
Retail Operations Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 4, 2014
Worked with some very good people.
All aspects of the Broker Community.
Great for the Young Scholar
Reset Representative, Team Lead (Current Employee), DMVJune 4, 2014
Pros: very manageable work schedule, mileage compensation.
Cons: at the lower levels you don't get full time, therefore no full time benefits.
Anyone trying to make anything above 20,000$ a year should look elsewhere, or attempt for a higher position within this company, which is surprisingly difficult. That being said, the work is pretty menial, you have your nights and weekends to yourself unless you elect otherwise, for the most part your coworkers are cool because they want to avoid problems – more... as much as you do, and what you don't make in your check, you save in stress.

I can't speak for management across the board, but my Supervisor was pretty cool. He only spoke when there was an issue, and he didn't try to control everything. The store managers varied in tolerance and tenacity, but overall you won't have any problems.

Like I said, I haven't moved up in the company, but the position I hold isn't necessarily a bad one considering my schooling circumstances. – less
An interesting place to work where the scenery changes often and the people work well together.
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Various Locations on Long IslandJune 2, 2014
This job puts me in contact with retailers and the public at large. It is interesting to see how products make it from the vendors to your home.
Promote Produces and Give Samples
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 2, 2014
Pros: wages
Cons: standing
The job is fun and not a hard job to just enjoy the work and the customer service that you provide.
Enjoy traveling
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 31, 2014
Pros: enjoy my co-workers
Cons: no benifits, no advancements in pay or positions
Full day hard labor meet different people I am team lead representing our company. enjoy working with my co- workers. finishing to the up most of ability to assigned project, like the traveling part in different city's and towns.
Fun to work great work environment
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 21, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: not enough work hours
Love to work here and love the staff just not working enough hours.
Hardwork without boss standing over you
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 19, 2014
Pros: self-motivational job
Cons: work all holidays
sales, inventory control
Lifting heavy bins
I enjoyed getting the bonuses with reaching beyond sale goals
Co-workers inside the store I worked in were really nice
Had 2 supervisors changes in 3 years, but they were great to work for.
Brokerage Company
Account Executive (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMay 18, 2014
Good company to work for if you are in the CPG industry and looking to work for a top brokerage firm.

About Advantage Sales and Marketing

Making consumer products is one thing, but selling them is another, and that's where Advantage Sales & Marketing (ASM)┬ácomes in. – Read more

Advantage Sales and Marketing Photos