Advantage Sales and Marketing

Advantage Sales and Marketing Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
work independently
Event Specialist (Current Employee), californiaJune 10, 2014
work on your own.. use a computer mostly..have to be a self starter and very organized and punctual person to do this job
Great interaction Job
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Ames, IAJune 8, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: standing on your feet
If your a people person you'll definitely fit in at this job. It's all about the customer just be happy and friendly and you'll do well. You have to stand for a little while but other than that it's a great job.
Perform various challenges for different manufacturers.
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 8, 2014
Pros: healthcare, vacation and other benefits
Cons: pay scale
*Interacting with store managers and department managers for different job tasks.
advantage sales and marketing
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Latham, NYJune 7, 2014
this company is a very good company to work for. the one thing that i do not like is the fact that i am hired for the company but i do not have any hrs. this is why i am trying to find another job.
Growing Company
Retail Operations Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 4, 2014
Worked with some very good people.
All aspects of the Broker Community.
Great for the Young Scholar
Reset Representative, Team Lead (Current Employee), DMVJune 4, 2014
Pros: very manageable work schedule, mileage compensation.
Cons: at the lower levels you don't get full time, therefore no full time benefits.
Anyone trying to make anything above 20,000$ a year should look elsewhere, or attempt for a higher position within this company, which is surprisingly difficult. That being said, the work is pretty menial, you have your nights and weekends to yourself unless you elect otherwise, for the most part your coworkers are cool because they want to avoid problems – more... as much as you do, and what you don't make in your check, you save in stress.

I can't speak for management across the board, but my Supervisor was pretty cool. He only spoke when there was an issue, and he didn't try to control everything. The store managers varied in tolerance and tenacity, but overall you won't have any problems.

Like I said, I haven't moved up in the company, but the position I hold isn't necessarily a bad one considering my schooling circumstances. – less
An interesting place to work where the scenery changes often and the people work well together.
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Various Locations on Long IslandJune 2, 2014
This job puts me in contact with retailers and the public at large. It is interesting to see how products make it from the vendors to your home.
Promote Produces and Give Samples
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 2, 2014
Pros: wages
Cons: standing
The job is fun and not a hard job to just enjoy the work and the customer service that you provide.
Enjoy traveling
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 31, 2014
Pros: enjoy my co-workers
Cons: no benifits, no advancements in pay or positions
Full day hard labor meet different people I am team lead representing our company. enjoy working with my co- workers. finishing to the up most of ability to assigned project, like the traveling part in different city's and towns.
Fun to work great work environment
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 21, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: not enough work hours
Love to work here and love the staff just not working enough hours.
Hardwork without boss standing over you
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 19, 2014
Pros: self-motivational job
Cons: work all holidays
sales, inventory control
Lifting heavy bins
I enjoyed getting the bonuses with reaching beyond sale goals
Co-workers inside the store I worked in were really nice
Had 2 supervisors changes in 3 years, but they were great to work for.
Brokerage Company
Account Executive (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMay 18, 2014
Good company to work for if you are in the CPG industry and looking to work for a top brokerage firm.
okay
Vendor Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2014
Pros: good first time job
Cons: never stick with schedule hours
low hours, good for a first time job, learned new things about products and skills to sell
Interesting, lots of travel
Retail Sales Merchandiser. (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 16, 2014
I managed a large area, interesting job. Fun place to work, good for a retired person looking for extra income.
Advantage Sales and Marketing
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 16, 2014
Pros: the ability to work without supervision and to work a somewhat flexible schedule.
Cons: the amount of money you have to spend on car maintenance and gas.
A typical day involves traveling to the stores you have scheduled for that day and talking with store managers to ensure that products are displayed correctly. It's also important to sell in additional displays when you see an opportunity. You have to learn most of the job on your own and figure it out as you go because the Advantage Sales and Marketing – more... management team is usually clueless. – less
Great co-workers
Lead Event Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2014
Not enough hours poor management but great customers and great co-workers very laid back enviormnent
Productive and fun place to work and great place to meet people.
Lead Event Specialist (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMay 15, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: not enough time for breaks.
I work 6 1/2 hours a day. 4-5 days a week.
Learned how to work with others and how to manage my time better.
My co workers are very hard workers and help me get things done in the amount of time allowed.
I enjoy seeing people on a regular basis.
Very good Management
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Dover, DEMay 14, 2014
This employer is great to work for. It is a great atmosphere to work for. My boss was a wonderful person. She made it very easy to understand how to go about doing the job at each store.
not a steady part time job
Demonstration Specialist (Former Employee), Moberly, MOMay 9, 2014
Pros: flexible, as much time off as you need
Cons: no vacation time, no pay raises, no cost of living raise, poor management
your hours really vary on this job. Demo's don't leave you a lot of hours. Before i left this job the last two months were really down hill. I didn't even get a paycheck one pay period (2 weeks) because I had no work. I had to find a better job were I can at least manage my own bills. I know the ceo can at least give raises and steady hours (more then – more... 2 days a week) I hated having to clean up Walmart's blockade of items in the store before event. Getting there at 10 didn't manage to get out til 1pm. It's a job for people not really wanting to work or borderline retirement. Summer usually has hours that pick up. Hardest part was staying at same pay rate for 3 years. Insurance, that is a laugh. For one person it would be $300 and that is short term only medical and dental. I was the only one left after a while. I seen why no one stayed. You can't call upper management for stock on some things, but that's if it ever happens. Company based out of cali there isn't many options for moving up in the company and that is if you want to. – less
Rewarding Career
TALENT ACQUISITION RECRUITER [REMOTE] (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 9, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: management changes
• Responsible for candidate development of active and passive candidates for high volume positions in the organizations.

• Extensive interaction with hiring managers with a consultative approach that drives the candidate management process to facilitate a greater volume of candidates in the recruitment life cycle.

• Manage the hiring process for selected – more... candidates to include arranging interviews, debriefing the candidate and hiring manager, generating offer letter and partnering with the respective coordinator.

• Lead yearly seasonal ramp-ups for Home Depot/Lowes Assembly, Construction and NWL Rubbermaid division. Recognized for meeting & exceeding hiring goals set for team.

• Requisition Management [averaging 30+] – less

About Advantage Sales and Marketing

Making consumer products is one thing, but selling them is another, and that's where Advantage Sales & Marketing (ASM) comes in. – Read more

Advantage Sales and Marketing Photos