Advantage Sales and Marketing

Advantage Sales and Marketing Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
lets me be a living infomercial
Event Specialist Sams club team (Current Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: being out with the people and sharing all kinds of info and learning from members of sams club
Cons: only 1 break, your on your feet all day, and people sometimes just grab at your food without permission
As an event specialist you have to be adaptable to change and to work with what you have to get the job done. We sample everything from cheese to sanitary napkis. You have to be flexable and not be afraid of rejection. You must work well without alot of supervision and be a decent sales person to excell at this job. I have cooked pork loin in a frying pan and prime rib in a table top convection oven so you need good cooking skills. You can't be afraid of people because you are face to face with hundreds with not only quiestion about your product but where things are in the store so you have to also know where to find any thing in the store.

I work with the greatest bunch of ladies. ther is close to 22 women on our team and it is rare when we don't get along.

this has made me a better cook, sales person, and strengthened my customer service skills
Very good job
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: meeting new people from all part of the world
Cons: basically nothing
I enjoy working at ASM because of the great people that I work with. The Manager and District manager are pretty nice and cool to work with. There nothing hard at ASM. The workers are great people
A positive work environment
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 2, 2015
Great management
Non-consistent schedule
great environment
Valued customer service
Enjoy experiencing different customers and personalities.
management
Retail merchandiser (Current Employee), Irvine, CADecember 31, 2014
Management was never there when you needed them. They take you hours away from you to give to other people.
Good flexibility
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), Anaheim, CADecember 23, 2014
Management was not helpful and did not allow for advancement in the company unless it benefited themselves.
Great work environment with people that have all similar interests as myself!
Video Game Sales Rep (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 22, 2014
Pros: the company let us temporarily take home a ps vita, which i found really cool!
Cons: i could have used more hours!
A typical day working at ASM Advantage Sales & Marketing, was primarily providing demonstrations for customers for the PS Vita at different Best Buy locations in the Boston MA area! I learned a lot about sales as far as getting customers interested in the product without any unnecessary jargon and without being pushy! My manager was great! He would check on us 1-2 times a week at whatever Best Buy store we happened to be working at! As far as co-workers, I never worked with any one that worked at the same company as me because I would go to Best Buy as a third party sales rep so the people that were working alongside me were the Best Buy employees, which were very nice people! The hardest part of the job would be if you had to deal with an unruly customer that was having a bad day as well as a bad attitude, but the best thing to do in those type of situations is to remain calm and try to reason with the customer and if that doesn't work then calmly walk away and get a store manager!
Event Specialist
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHDecember 17, 2014
Being an event specialist can be a very exiting job. Talking to customers and vendors becomes a great way to network, learn more about the consumer and marketing. Greet, telling and selling is the motto and it works. After working as an ES for four long years I came to know and love my customers. I absolutely loved demonstrating new products and coming up with new ways to sell my products to reach my sales goal.
Club Managers are Disorganized
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee), Irvine,CA. Denver,CODecember 17, 2014
Pros: great flexible schedule
Cons: no raises, no bonuses, and mean managers
A typical day is to do the mangers job of organizing their workload that they get paid extra to do. I learned to not allow them to bully me into doing their job and to ex-cute an event /They let you work the hours you want which is excellent about this company at this time. Cowokers are very supportive.
ASM
Disbursed checks to appropriate account leader (Former Employee), Anaheim, CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: exposure with large clients, and advancment in skill to help provide accuarcy by using ms office
Cons: location and low pay.
Worked with clients (SlimFast, GSK, Gillette), Brand Managers, and District Manahers, and Marketing to ensure accuracy of commission payouts from renevue of Ad's/Promotions of Clients within Retail. Managed Finances of allowable credits and debits on a weekly, monthly and quartly basis.
Demo Specialist
Demo Specialist (Current Employee), Cincinnati,OhioDecember 16, 2014
I love working with Advantage Sales and Marketing. It great company and I always look forward to next event I can share with customers
No-nonsense work environment focused on meeting client & customers needs
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 14, 2014
As with any service provider the product is the people working in the organization, so there is a heavy focus on meeting client and customer needs at any cost. Work/Life balance is preached but rarely adhered to due to workload. Like all companies everyone is trying to do more with less. Job security is a plus but pay and benefits were below expectations.
Resetting product on shelves
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXDecember 12, 2014
In coordination with store management, I would rearranges products on shelves to a planogram.
a very good company to work for
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Wadena, MNDecember 11, 2014
Pros: meeting all kinds of people and giveing out the samples
Cons: none really
I go to Walmart and go to my area and get a my cart and push it out to my area set it up go get what supplies I need and go pay for them and come back and demo/sample whatever I am doing. I dont really have any co-workers there really isnt any hard part of the job I enjoy meeting new people and talking to past customers I have had
productive
Vendor (Current Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work work is coming to work and having people ask questions about wat i am having to be sampled.
What i learned is what people look for inside of their food.
My co-workers teach me new things everyday.
Hardest part of my job and making new things.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new poepl everyday that i work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 7, 2014
Great Company. I am looking for a new challenge to meet my goals in life.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
event specialist (Former Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 5, 2014
Pros: 30 minute lunch break
Cons: n/a
BEING THERE WOULD BRIGHTEN MY DAY A LITTLE. I LOVE BEING AROUND ALL THE NICE PEOPLE. THEY ALWAYS KEEP ME IN MY HAPPY MOOD. THE HARDEST PRT OF THE JOB IS CLEANING UP AFTER THE SHIFTS. IN ALL SERIOUSNESS THOUGH IT WAS A VERY NICE PLACE TO WORK. MY CO-WORKERS WERE ALWAYS NICE TO ME, AND THAT IS SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT BEING IN GROUPS WITH PEOPLE. YOU NEVER WANT TO HAVE CO-WORKERS TO NOT LIKE YOU IN THIS TYPE OF WORK.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 1, 2014
I REALLY ENJOYED WORKING THERE BUT IT CHANGED WHEN THE JOB BECAME MORE ABOUT SALES THAN INTERACTION WITH THE PEOPLE.
Good second job
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Salem, MODecember 1, 2014
Pros: pay is good
This is a good second job. The events are few and far between in most areas.
A wonderful place to work!
Event Assistant (Current Employee), Layton, UTNovember 24, 2014
Doing demos for Advantage is absolutely the best job I've ever had! The demos are always explained for you and you can always ask for help. As a new employee, I don't feel talked down to by my more experienced peers and they're always happy to help
versital environment
MERCHANDISER/RESET SPECIALIST (Current Employee), broadview, ilNovember 22, 2014
I am able to travel to various locations, meeting new people consistently. I enjoy the versatility of my position and the flexible hours. I love putting together displays and conducting resets as well

About Advantage Sales and Marketing

Making consumer products is one thing, but selling them is another, and that's where Advantage Sales & Marketing (ASM)┬ácomes in. – Read more

Advantage Sales and Marketing Photos