Advantage Sales and Marketing

Advantage Sales and Marketing Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Close minded
Senior Database Developer (Current Employee), El Segundo, CANovember 19, 2014
Pros: okay culture
Cons: close minded
Great
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2014
Pros: get to talk to everybody in your area
Cons: standing on your feet the entire shift
A typical work day would be promising. You get to pass out samples of different foods and you get to explain its pros and cons about the product.
Stable job for many years
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: not sitting in an office all day. making own hours.
Cons: no raises
I am a full time employee her and it is a good company to work for but the salary is not so good and rarely receive a raise. I am a merchandiser/sales rep. I have a territory that I maintain, calling on stores like Safeway, Lucky, Nob Hill, etc. The hardest part of my job would be the lifting and rotating product. I enjoy having my independence. My – more... co-workers are really nice people. – less
Decent place to work.
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILNovember 14, 2014
Pros: able to set your own schedule.
Cons: accomplishments were not recognized by the company.
Learned computer and hand held reporting devices.
Co-workers were excellent and management was average.
Great Company
Business Retail Recruiter (Current Employee), Foxborough, MANovember 13, 2014
Great Company has a family style atmosphere. Each division of the company is separate but all work together for the common good of the business. The managers are knowledgable and friendly, all employees are easily approachable and they insure you know what your duties are and what is expected of you is clearly communicated to you.
Great company if you have no handicaps or temporary work accommodation needs.
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Hampton, VANovember 10, 2014
Pros: great learning experience and opportunity to grow with regard to marketing and design.
Cons: they have no tolerance for sick, injured, or handicapped individuals within their organization.
While I was physically able to do the work this company allowed me to pick and choose assignments convenient to my schedule. My immediate supervisor loved my work, and was there to assist me should supplies or materials be left out of materials needed to do my presentations.

All of the stores I demonstrated for really appreciated the service I was – more... doing and went out of their way to help if needed with regard to locating stock, moving stock, and allowing me to evaluate best setting for demonstrations.

This job allows you to build skills communicating with people, and offers those demonstrating a unique perspective on consumer demand. You are able to learn how value is perceived across a wide variety of market sectors. This position also allows you to learn how big companies evaluate their products and promote them. This is a great experience for those thinking about entering marketing, advertising, and graphic design careers. – less
Fun place to work, great work/life balance
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Seattle, WANovember 10, 2014
Pros: great hours, good pay, flexibility, great managers
Cons: scheduling conflicts, miscommunication, super part time
I love working for this company. They have their hiccups like everyone does, but they pay well and are flexible with shifts and really work with you to meet your needs. They make you feel like a huge part of the team and are there for you when you need them. They do a wonderful job getting our events executed.
Long hours, but rewarding
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Stafford, TXNovember 9, 2014
This employer has long hours with developmentally delayed individuals but helping them and they are generally kind at heart, is rewarding in itself.
fun place
reset retail merchandiser (Current Employee), connecticutNovember 9, 2014
i work in price chopper stores.doing new item resets. It is good work to do if you are retired or transitioniong into a new career or attending school . the hours are flexible.
Roller Coaster Ride Every Day
Recruiter (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNNovember 1, 2014
Pros: free popcorn and soda all day at that location
Cons: mission seems to be "here today, who knows if it will be the same tomorrow."
Never knew from one day to the next what would be thrown at us -- and if what was given to us today, would be altered by tomorrow.

Direct management just as much in the dark as those in support positions. No consistent department management.

Constantly changing systems, with huge glitches that were blamed on the operator instead of the system itself.

Unattainable – more... goals, the system was manipulated -- but most still couldn't meet, even with the manipulation.

Continuous changes in workforce. Not a month goes by without reduction in some part of the whole.

Territories constantly changed -- so would build up relationships with Hiring Managers, or territory -- next day would/could be completely different. No one ever given notice of these changes for planning purposes, including the Hiring Managers, or District Managers. – less
In transition
VP, Multicultural Marketing (Current Employee), Woodcliff Lake, NJOctober 28, 2014
Company is in transition, with the lost of the Unilever account. Lots of turnover.
Interactive career that utilizes great skills in communication
Field Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 27, 2014
Every day is different and interactive. While meeting new people you have the opportunity to use your selling and communication skills to provide great support for your product at store level.
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 27, 2014
I really enjoy working with this company. They are very flexable in the hours. a typical day of work is easy going, I work alone with no supervision but with the few co workers that I do get to interact with hey are very friendly and helpful. I always have a very productive work day.
productive
team leader/ event spacialist (Current Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: great salary for a part time job and work days are flexiable.
Cons: short breaks and the constant standing in o ne place
a typical day at work consist of getting product ready for the next day and helping other event specialist get ready and on the floor for work, also offer help/ manage the events for that day. Close to the end of the take up paper work to cash office, clean and close the kitchen and get things ready for the next few days.The hardest part of this job – more... is sometime just not having a enough time in the day to get certain things done.My co workers are great people to work with and we all look out for each other and lend a helping hand. – less
Representing great brands and developed in store relationships
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: full schedule. freedom to create the schedule that works for me.
Cons: too many territory changes. started out close to home, now too much windshield time
A typical day at work involves working in any given type of store from Grocery stores, Box Stores, Target and convenience stores. I'm very thorough yet efficient. The management team trusts me to maintain and exceed manufacturer's shelf and product standards. The hardest part of my job is the instability in my territory. I'm continually sent to clean – more... up a route where someone had not done a thorough job. I enjoy being relied upon and trusted to do a good job. I enjoy the relationships that I have established with the in store personnel. I enjoy sales and take great pride in going above and beyond. I've learned how to use I-pad technology for a store call. I'm now Target certified and know the entire Bay Area. – less
I like the fact that each job that you do is different. There is a lot of variety.
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: i get to interact with people
Cons: sometimes the product is not available that you are demonstrating, or there is not a lot of the product available for customers to purchase.
I go in and setup my demo and look for the products that are going to be demonstrated. I sanitize all my equipment, wash any fresh food products and prep the food I am demonstrating. I proceed to prepare the food as quickly as possible. I tell the customers what I am demonstating and give them a sample. I ask them if they would be interested in buying – more... the product. I interact with people all day long and keep my area sanitized and spotless. At the end of the day I tear down the demo and wash and sanitize my equipment and put everything away.

The best part of my job is meeting and talking with different people. – less
Overall ok
Demonstrator (Current Employee), Auburn, WAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: not enough hours
I love this job.. Meeting new people.. Trying new foods.. Just not many hours to survive on.
Inconsistent, Disorganized, and Disrespectful
Event Specialist (Current Employee), MinnesotaOctober 22, 2014
Pros: fun when not frustrated
Cons: frustrating and disorganized leadership
This company is not organized and provides misinformation constantly. They are unprofessional, exhibited by simple facts like failing to spell-check documents. Instructions conflict, and are clearly written by someone who has never executed an event. The "kitchen" does not have adequate supplies and tools - this company is a joke. You practically need – more... to bring your own spoons from home if you want to have something to serve up your yogurt samples.

Schedules are always posted late. The supervisors expect you to check you schedule daily, and do not give notice when they add you to a last minute event. There is no respect for personal time or obligations - you are expected to drop everything to work late for them when needed. Failure to comply with the supervisor demands has ramifications, like being assigned undesirable events and not being scheduled as often. – less
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: promotions
Cons: travel
A little bit of travel, work directly with clients and management. Good pay. Great communication with D.M.
fun and quick advancement if doing a great job
Lead Event Specialist (Current Employee), sunrise,flOctober 20, 2014
very good company to work for, quick nadavncement, fun and friendly enviroment

About Advantage Sales and Marketing

Making consumer products is one thing, but selling them is another, and that's where Advantage Sales & Marketing (ASM)┬ácomes in. – Read more

Advantage Sales and Marketing Photos