Advantage Sales and Marketing

Advantage Sales and Marketing Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Work Place
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Orillia, ONOctober 23, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: not enough hours
work days were generally busy I learned about each and every product every day I worked management was great my coworkers well they were ok but could have done their jobs better the hardest part of the job is the lack of hours the most enjoyable part or the job was interacting with the customers.
Worked from Home, large territory
Retail Specialist (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKAugust 28, 2013
Cons: lots of highway time
Visiting Retail and large box stores
Distribution, Building displays, clipstrips, promotions,
Co workers are wonderful
Lots of driving
Pleasant work atmosphere with continuos learning.
Events Specialist (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 30, 2012
Cons: not enough hours
Approachable managers, access to continuos training and oportunities for advancement.
Could be better
Event specialist (Current Employee), Tinley Park, ILJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: they work with your schedule as a college student. dont be at work no later than 6:30
Cons: not enough hours and no overtime
I don't reccomed this job only for a second job or a retirement job. Only steady around the holidays. No set schedule . Can be a great summer job
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Business Administrator (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: compensation
Preparing contracts via customer based programs.
Clearing deductions by following strict company guidelines
Working with sales team on promotions and events
Creating new item forms for customers
Building rapport with customers
Maintaining database of product changes
Meeting strict promotional deadlines with all vendors
working own hours.
Advantage sales and marketing (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2015
I would drive from store to store and do my list of duties for the day while communicating with the workers of the store and making sure they were happy with my work for the day.
Management and co-workers are very enthusiastic and great to work with
FIELD EVENT MANAGER (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2015
All the individuals I had a chance to work with or speak to are very professional and helpful. I enjoyed working with ASM and they were diligent about ensuring all employee's get paid promptly for any and all work completed.
Advantage sales and marketing
reset merchendiser (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: love the job
Cons: not to happy with the management
The company makes a lot of promises that they don't keep it sounds good to get you hired then things change
Professional Development workplace
Sr. Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Cons: lack of encouragement
My job was very demanding and much was generally expected of me. I fulfilled all my requirements for the job, and spent sometimes 60 hours a week at work. Management was chaotic, and there was always change with a negative vibe given by management.
Great second job/supplemental income
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Kenner, LAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling, pay above min. wage
This was only a part time, weekend job for me. It served it's purpose for me, which was to supplement my income. I didn't have any complaints with the wages, scheduling, or management. I did, however, hear some coworkers complain about not getting enough hours. For them this job was their only source of income, though.
The supervisor was always fair.
My Day at Advantage Sales
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 13, 2015
I love working for this company, I get to make my own schedule and work with different people on a daily basis. My supervisor puts a lot of trust in me to ensure my job is completed daily. I have learned in this job how much I love being around people and putting out new merchandise can be fun and exciting if you challenge yourself.
ok
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee), Rison, ARJanuary 13, 2015
Enjoyed, able to set your own agenda and days to work. Team oriented. Set goals able to accomplish in timely manner.
Love the Company
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee), Yakima, WAJanuary 13, 2015
Working for Advantage is never mundane. Each day there's something new to do.
solid company but...
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 12, 2015
Limited opportunities for advancement, but the company is really good about keeping you employed when teams shut down or downsize.
Great first job!
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Easy job that enables you to learn several life skills through interacting with hundreds of diverse individuals throughout the day.

What I learned:
-how to sell different products
-different advertising techniques

Best part of the job:
-Short hours each day so it wasn't overwhelming

Hardest part of the job:
-Working on the weekends
Great Workplace!!!
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee), Woodcliff Lake, NJJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: schedule, management, pay
Cons: driving time can be long sometimes, benefits
Working as a reset Merchandiser for Advantage Sales & Marketing was great. Coworkers were all very friendly. I was given a stable amount of hours. Schedule fit my needs. Pay was pretty good as well. Overall i would recommend working for this company especially if your interested in growing along with the company itself.
I interact with grocery shoppers
Product Demonstrator (Current Employee), ORJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: fun, flexible hours
Cons: not enough hours
I go to a store, set up a display, sample beer, wine, food in grocery stores, I work by myself, I learn a lot about products and educate awareness about products
Fun Job
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: people love free things! almost always happy to see me. great job
Cons: too few hours, inconsistent on where going or how often working
Introduce myself to managers, heads of departments and shelf stockers, person in back who orders supplies and products. Let all know about future events that pertain to them. Set up display find product and prices, introduce shoppers to product, explain and show benefits, sell out product, Prepare dishes to sample show how to prepare, meet and greet all who pass by smile, smile smile, clean up after shoppers, put away all cleaned supplies leave area better than I found it. Great company Area manager, district manager, then revamped weren't consistent in events, stores weren't happy new management over worked too many people under her and was in another state 4- 5 hours away so unable to check on workers who were slacking on job. So now stores and managers not happy. First Hours, then pay cut. Store closings, Promised hours but didn't get, offered to work other jobs within company didn't get either, time to move on. Customers still stop to say hi when I see them!!
lets me be a living infomercial
Event Specialist Sams club team (Current Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: being out with the people and sharing all kinds of info and learning from members of sams club
Cons: only 1 break, your on your feet all day, and people sometimes just grab at your food without permission
As an event specialist you have to be adaptable to change and to work with what you have to get the job done. We sample everything from cheese to sanitary napkis. You have to be flexable and not be afraid of rejection. You must work well without alot of supervision and be a decent sales person to excell at this job. I have cooked pork loin in a frying pan and prime rib in a table top convection oven so you need good cooking skills. You can't be afraid of people because you are face to face with hundreds with not only quiestion about your product but where things are in the store so you have to also know where to find any thing in the store.

I work with the greatest bunch of ladies. ther is close to 22 women on our team and it is rare when we don't get along.

this has made me a better cook, sales person, and strengthened my customer service skills
Very good job
Event Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: meeting new people from all part of the world
Cons: basically nothing
I enjoy working at ASM because of the great people that I work with. The Manager and District manager are pretty nice and cool to work with. There nothing hard at ASM. The workers are great people

1 2 3 4 5

About Advantage Sales and Marketing

Making consumer products is one thing, but selling them is another, and that's where Advantage Sales & Marketing (ASM)┬ácomes in. – Read more

Advantage Sales and Marketing Photos