Advantage Resourcing

Advantage Resourcing Employee Reviews

No raises, lousy benefits.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 29, 2016
Most employees I talk to have not had a raise since hiring on. Some as long as 10 years. benefits are too costly and vacation pay is limited to 10 days max no mater how long you work for them.
Pros
beats unemployment
Cons
just about everything
Great work place
Concierge, Receptionist and Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 27, 2016
Advantage Resourcing was a great place to work as far as a temp agency. They always had jobs available for me to work. I gained a lot of experience working with different companies. I would recommend this place to anyone.
typical call center
TSR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2016
i was one of the top sellers...it was actually pretty easy to me. i am now an expert with sales and i love conversation and meeting new people.

Comment – September 29, 2016

Thank you for your review of Advantage! I am glad to see that your experience with us has allowed you to become a sales expert in a field you enjoy!

Adventure Work study!
Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 14, 2016
I worked at the Adventure Science Center for a couple of years and was a great experience to work with different ages and educating young minds. Teaching and understanding how life and science work together was a great success.
Pros
Free knowledge
Little interaction as this was a consulting agency.
Data Analyst Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 8, 2016
My contract assignment leveraged my past experience with American Express to implement several strategic goals.

I learned about the department needs and applied my skills to develop a plan by analyzing various data points and interfacing with several customers to understand needs.

I enjoyed working with the customers and the various business partners and the team I was supporting. The job was very interesting and challenging which made it exciting to go to work.

My primary interface was with the contract customers versus the Advantage Resourcing team.
Pros
Enabled my flexibility with a part time schedule

Comment – September 29, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Advantage Resourcing! I am glad to see that you had such a positive time at one of our client sites. I hope we can continue to provide you with similar experiences.

Flexible
Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIAugust 29, 2016
Great training and very flexible with time off.
Open communication with section and team leads with access to Subject Matter Experts, as needed.
Great group with whom to contract
Ethics & Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 27, 2016
I enjoyed working as a consultant representing Advantage Resourcing. The opportunity to assist the Chief US Compliance Officer of an organization involved in an upcoming split and sale was amazing. I only wish it had lasted longer.

Comment – August 30, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Advantage! I am happy to see that you had such a positive experience working with us!

Worked on projects from start to finished
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 22, 2016
No work place drama. was able to go in do my job as well as learn some new things and able to go home. having three day weekends are nice then there was a good amount of over time available for those who like to make extra cash.
Cons
it is a temp agency
Contractor Services
IT Operation Agent (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXAugust 19, 2016
Overall the company cares for the contractors just need to be more concerned with benefits and education. Would like to see a PTO earning system.
New Temporary Associate to Advantage Resourcing
Temporary Associate, Full Time (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2016
The first and only assignment I have been on with this company was as an Office Manager at a small "mom and pop" construction company that restores distressed apartments. I was able to work with Quickbooks. I organized their company/project files. I enjoyed the position as office manager the most. The hardest part was working for a small "mom and pop" business where there were no policies in place and I was not successful in implementing and enforcing said policies due to rejection by the owner.
Pros
Small office
Cons
Rejected the idea of implementing policies.

Comment – August 30, 2016

Thank you for providing this feedback regarding one of our client sites. I am glad that you enjoyed your role as Office Manager and were able to get some good experience.

Advantage
Temporary Administrative Worker (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 7, 2016
I went to work for Advantage and they found me a temporary assignment with First Financial Ban. I first started with scanning and indexing files into their database. I then moved to entering files into the database. I have learned how to verify employment for their loan processing. the co-workers at First Financial are very helpful. The hardest part is being temporary, not being permanent. The best part is learning new things.

Comment – August 30, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Advantage! I am glad to see that you have had such a positive experience with our client First Financial. I hope you continue to learn new things and progress in your career!

great staffing company
Field Service Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77060July 14, 2016
good staffing company to work for will find you a job if you looking. they show interest at finding other jobs and if they have they will do there best to get you to start right away
Great Company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 6, 2016
Small office, great employees. Management was great and very knowledgeable. Applicants that came in were usually very friendly. Clients would stop by with goodies and just to say hello.
Useless
Consultant (Former Employee) –  LondonJuly 4, 2016
Not a good service for job seekers. They never respond to emails or call you back! A waste of time responding to the blanket mailshots.
not friendly work place
Assemble Technician for Intuitive Surgical (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 10, 2016
co-workers were not so friendly to me as a new employee. The hardest part of the job was taking over tables or other servers and waiting on big groups of tables that would want to have different tabs. I enjoyed learning the menu and talking with the customers.
Pros
discounts and hours were great
Cons
workers were not friendly
No Comment
Administrative Assistant/ Clerical (Current Employee) –  Putnam, CTJune 7, 2016
Simply this company is a temp agency. Assignments are temporary. In my opinion, the work is not always there for a person who needs the tradition "40 hour" work week,
Not interested in providing a review.
Branch Manager/ Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJune 7, 2016
Not interested in providing a review. This field will not allow me to proceed without a review: Committed to excellence for 12 years in my role, with proven success in various areas. Employment terminated without notice, warning, or counselling.
Dont be a temp!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 1, 2016
Got placed on an assignment, things didn't work out. Anything goes wrong, they blame you. No matter what they tell you, anything goes wrong on that assignment, you are dismissed and never work for them again. It doesn't matter if you are a good worker, your skills don't matter, you simply don't matter. They got plenty more just like you waiting to replace you. You will never get a second chance. Sad but true.
Pros
A job that pays every week.
Cons
Everything else!

Comment – July 11, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am disappointed to see that things did not go as you had hoped and that you feel you were blamed for things. If you would like to discuss your concerns further please reach out to humanresources@advantageresourcing.com and someone will be in touch with you.

Never Got any Vacation or PTO
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 20, 2016
I worked a long term contract (5 years) for Advantage.

Most staffing firms will start you out with some vacation or paid time off.

Advantage started me off with 0 time off. After 1 year they still did not offer any type of paid time off. After 2 years nothing. Even after 4 years it was not offered.

I personally would not recommend them to anyone.
They are the worst contract/staffing firm I ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
0 paid time off
Sr Software enfingeer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2016
Nice job and changeling to work and helped in all the way and Good place to work.

Nice manager and happy working with all these folks.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
NA

2.8