Advantage Personnel Employee Reviews

Productive and Professional
Sales excutive (Former Employee) –  Ottawa ON29 May 2017
I am interested in a professional and productivr work place. With enthusisatic and great employee who are hard working and dedicated to thier job. And employee who are always will to go the extra mile for customers.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Unprofessional
It was an all around good experience for me.
Manual Labourer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 May 2017
i liked a lot of things about this opportunity, for instance; the pay was good, the staff in charge were considerate and kind. i also liked the location of the jobs i was sent to as they were not too distant from my location at the time.
Its a temp job
Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 April 2017
The agency is not very good. They didnt tell the employee that i was taking a day off because of being sick . So i was let go. I did everything from call the agency in the morning and left a message. They are not very bright over there. I dont like them and i wouldnt recommend them to anyone. Only good thing is that i learned something new.
Pros
Gets you work which mean moeny
Cons
Agency is not very good. At lest the brampton one isnt at all.
terrible company
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 March 2017
awful branch in Brampton with lots of pressure and negativity
the people who you hire are always ungrateful and suck the life out of you
hours are bad
being on call often is awful
Amazing opportunity and experience
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 January 2017
I had the opportunity to fly to Fort McMurray Alberta to assist in the restoration. This was truly a breath taking experience. I gained a lot of experience. During my time in Fort Mac I did a lot of thorough cleaning of both commercial and residential buildings.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
It was hard to see the destruction
No Job Work/Life Balance
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 November 2016
Being a recruiter for over a year and was not able to have any balance in my life. Working long hours, bringing work load home, getting calls at 3am to backfill orders. Promise of advancement was not met and pay was mediocre considering you work 50hours a week minimum. The more you do to show you care about the company the more they disregard it.
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
no life, pay was not worth the amount of hours you put in.
Productive and fun place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Moncton Area, NB16 October 2016
I pretty much liked working for the company in general, and I learned stuff along the way that I can use in the future.

By working for a few different clients, I had similar experienced from all the jobs.

I learnt some skills that I could possibly use in a career in the future.
visited a lot of different places and met a lot of great people.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2016
I would go in the morning to a workplace of my choosing and do what the employer has assigned my company to do. Whether, its cleaning, organizing, fetching orders or loading and unloading. Sometimes i would be a driver helper and go deliver stuff like printers to different workplaces or stores.
Pros
exploring places i haven't been before.
Cons
some employers i was sent to wasn't the greatest.
je recommande quand même cet entreprise
Chauffeur classe 1 (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC19 August 2016
Travail pas reposant vu le in and out de la remorque refroidie et même congeler, vu la température chaude a l'extérieur, mes agréable également vu l'aimable clientèles.
Pros
Clients adréables
Cons
pas le temps pour une pause
Temporary Work
Flagger/Traffic Control Person (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 August 2016
They are kind employers, who call whenever they have work that I might be interested in. But they call me maybe once a week if I'm lucky.
Pros
Kind Employers
Cons
Lack of Hours
nice people and nice place
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 July 2016
good for a temp agency.

worked for 2 months as an order picker.

good people to work with.

clean.

organized.

good communication.

could pay better.
bon
Chauffeur de camion de soir et fin semaine (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC30 June 2016
on ne peux avoir de l'avancement. Une bonne relation professionel. aucune activité social.
Pros
les responsables sympatique
Cons
la compagnie a pas de reconnaissance
Rude staff
Employee (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 June 2016
I went to the office to sign up got a call back about a job interview for Monday morning the lady, said she would email the information so I waited. I call back Sunday to see If I can get the information and instantly I was disrespected and told I was being rude and to lower the tone of my voice, I don't see why I would be rude to a person when I want a job makes no sense to me. When I all I did was ask a question I would not recommend this agency maybe other branches might be not so rude but the Queen st. location in Brampton was, I've never been offended so much.
Pros
Cons
Probably talk to you rude
long and exhausting hours
General laborer (Former Employee) –  Burnside, NS18 January 2016
long and very exhausting days , learned how to work garbage truck controls , the most enjoyable part of the job is getting a work out from heavy lifting all day and good pay.
Pros
free lunches
amazing
labourer (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON19 December 2015
I highly recommend if your looking for work to apply with them, they have an outstanding track record for finding others jobs in their(your) area. they actual respond to your calls much faster then any other agency available. 5/5 *
Productive, busy, inventive , problem solving
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough21 October 2015
Selling Temporary Placement to Company Clients, Searching clients in area. Supervising Staff, Training and Teaching. Working with co-workers fun and rewarding. Hardest part of job gaining new clients and keeping them. Competition in industry very high

The most enjoyable. Gaining new large client and getting great feedback,
Pros
Working with a variety of people
Cons
Job Security
Gained knowledge in many areas
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 October 2015
Working for Advantage Personnel assisted me in becoming knowledgeable about many aspects of the Staffing Industry. I learned and enhanced on many skillsets that I did not previously have such as recruiting, payroll and management of employees. Although a small family owned company they are well known throughout the Atlantic Provinces.
Great place to work for a High School student.
grunt (Former Employee) –  Kingston, Ontario1 August 2015
If your expecting a good temp job and like getting direct deposit then don't apply to Advantage Personnel. I've been out of HS for 25 years, have several degrees and the only jobs they sent me out on is moving furniture. I get better jobs thru Kellys and self employment. Stuck it out for 2 weeks, after the second week of the direct deposit not working I quit. Was just too frustrating.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Didn't get paid
Okay place to work
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 June 2015
Advantage Personnel is an okay place to work. Management claims that they do not like to micro-manage however, that seems to be all that they do. If you get hired as a staffing coordinator, you will never have a work/life balance. You are expected to work all hours of the day/night/weekends/holidays with no additional compensation or incentives. The salary is very mediocre as well, especially for what is expected. It is a very negative atmosphere to work in, and they do not value their employees at all.
Pros
Client Interaction
Cons
Negative atmosphere, long hours, no life/work balance
you learn new skills, but always have to have transportation to get to these jobs
Advantage Personnel (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB29 March 2015
You learn lot's of different skills and you never know what the day will bring you, the hardest part about the job is having the transportation to get to these places
Pros
you are your own boss
Cons
little explanation of jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.