Advantage Personnel Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
long and exhausting hours
General laborer (Former Employee), Burnside, NSJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
long and very exhausting days , learned how to work garbage truck controls , the most enjoyable part of the job is getting a work out from heavy lifting all day and good pay.
amazing
labourer (Current Employee), Ajax, ONDecember 19, 2015
I highly recommend if your looking for work to apply with them, they have an outstanding track record for finding others jobs in their(your) area. they actual respond to your calls much faster then any other agency available. 5/5 *
Productive, busy, inventive , problem solving
Employment Consultant (Former Employee), ScarboroughOctober 21, 2015
Pros: Working with a variety of people
Cons: Job Security
Selling Temporary Placement to Company Clients, Searching clients in area. Supervising Staff, Training and Teaching. Working with co-workers fun and rewarding. Hardest part of job gaining new clients and keeping them. Competition in industry very high

The most enjoyable. Gaining new large client and getting great feedback,
Gained knowledge in many areas
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), Saint John, NBOctober 13, 2015
Working for Advantage Personnel assisted me in becoming knowledgeable about many aspects of the Staffing Industry. I learned and enhanced on many skillsets that I did not previously have such as recruiting, payroll and management of employees. Although a small family owned company they are well known throughout the Atlantic Provinces.
Great place to work for a High School student.
grunt (Former Employee), Kingston, OntarioAugust 1, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: Didn't get paid
If your expecting a good temp job and like getting direct deposit then don't apply to Advantage Personnel. I've been out of HS for 25 years, have several degrees and the only jobs they sent me out on is moving furniture. I get better jobs thru Kellys and self employment. Stuck it out for 2 weeks, after the second week of the direct deposit not working I quit. Was just too frustrating.
Okay place to work
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJune 29, 2015
Pros: Client Interaction
Cons: Negative atmosphere, long hours, no life/work balance
Advantage Personnel is an okay place to work. Management claims that they do not like to micro-manage however, that seems to be all that they do. If you get hired as a staffing coordinator, you will never have a work/life balance. You are expected to work all hours of the day/night/weekends/holidays with no additional compensation or incentives. The salary is very mediocre as well, especially for what is expected. It is a very negative atmosphere to work in, and they do not value their employees at all.
you learn new skills, but always have to have transportation to get to these jobs
Advantage Personnel (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 29, 2015
Pros: you are your own boss
Cons: little explanation of jobs
You learn lot's of different skills and you never know what the day will bring you, the hardest part about the job is having the transportation to get to these places
Not the greatest
csr (Former Employee), Saint JohnJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: local company
Cons: not reliable, low wages
This was a difficult agency to work under. Management was constantly changing hands, questions regarding payroll were deflected to a different group of people whom you can never reach yourself. Very little respect are given to their employees.
Never trust this company
CSR (Former Employee), ottawaOctober 23, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: long hours
Location: Ottawa
I specifically asked for an INBOUND sales and they gave me to a car dealership call center who turned out was for outbound.

The company was very unprofessional (6 girls), manager and assistant manager would swear and mock customers in the daily basis. Moreover, the manager would deliberately air the dirty laundry regarding GM'S email, the reason why she had to "kick this girl out of the door" and called the HR lady names for doing her job.

I had advised the Advantage Personnel agent about it and she did nothing. This is after I was required to deduct $25 off my first pay for police check.

Please run FAR FAR away for Advantage Personnel.
Junior Recruiter/Part time (Former Employee), Moncton NBApril 4, 2014
Pros: pay, great management, benefits, promotions
Cons: job security
Calling outbound for market research. I learned a lot about overcoming objections and this also allowed me to become skilled in sales. The management was great I was blessed to move up quickly there because of my hard work and dedication to my job. My co-workers are very competitive as this sales in a way but we all got along great The hardest part of job was leaving I was layed off as my contract closed down so it was very difficult as I loved my job and was very happy their. The most enjoyable part was working with such great people and to be a part of that makes me happy. We all work so well together and it was like we were family.
Labourer
Labourer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: got to see other parts of toronto
Cons: the cold weather.
I did deliveries for a brewery company. I was a drivers helper as we delivered alcohol around Toronto.
Reliable Agency
Babysitting (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 14, 2013
Pros: reliable and helps build up experiences in the work force
Cons: not getting an assignment
its an Agency work so you get moved from different companies to the another
Never go there
General labour (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 4, 2013
Never go there.They will try to steal your money, and they will no answer your question when you ask. The even will go as far as call the police when you have augment with them. The Brampton one is the worse. Never go there, and if you do.. I feel sorry for you, and you will see what i am talking about.
Professional company with professional and friendly people to work with
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 4, 2013
Pros: co-op placements opportunities
The most enjoyable part of the job is when we have the opportunity to help candidates finding a job for them and help clients sending the most qualify people to their companies
Friendly staff and understanding recruiters.
General Labourer (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 4, 2013
Advantage Personnel is a great company to work for. Of all the agencies I have dealt with, they are # 1. They always have a listening ear, caring attitude and see to it that I have an assignment going.
very great place
general labor (Former Employee), Ajax, ONFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: they find you jobs
Cons: sometimes not enough work
advantage personnel is a great place to be they help you find jobs and they make it convienent for you to be able to get to work!
A good company for Labours and light workers .
Labourer (Former Employee), Ottawa OntAugust 21, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches
Cons: example: long hours
The company was good but didn't supply enough work for me at the time . I would show up early and work cleaning up the mess that the contractors would make as they were building new rooms in the building .
fun place to work
Driver/Labourer (Former Employee), PeterboroughApril 12, 2012
Pros: great pay
Cons: long days
was and is a good company to work for as the people are very nice.