We are currently looking for a receptionist/book keeper for our client in the Brock and Bayly area of Pickering.
Our client is a small but focused industrial manufacturer and is looking to add a polished and customer service orientated individual to act as a first point of contact and bookkeeper to their team.
This will be a temporary position, with the potential to become permanent for the right candidate. Our client is looking for an individual who is looking to grow with their tight knit team. Shifts involved will be day shifts from Monday to Friday. The pay rate is expected to be $12.50/hr.
Tasks involved will include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as a professional first point of contact for all interactions with the company- on phone, by email, fax or in person
- Answering incoming calls or making outbound calls as requested
- Responding to emails, faxes, posted mail and redirected as necessary
- Handling incoming and out going invoices and bills
- Ensuring entries are accurately posted to the ledger
- Ensuring cheque runs are conducted in a timely basis
- Investigating any financial issues as necessary
- Other administrative tasks, as requested
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications/attributes:
- Minimum of 1 year relevant work experience plus completed post secondary education in business, accounting, or other related field; or equivalent level of relevant experience
- Highly professional in communication and overall demeanor
- Excellent English communication skills – reading, writing, verbal
- Familiarity with MS Office programs and accounting software – ability to learn new computer applications
- Knowledge of book keeping and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAPS)
Please submit resumes: by responding to this posting; or fax to 416-288-8893.
Please note that while our position is in Pickering, we will require you to come in to our office in Scarborough for the initial application and interview.
While we welcome all applicants, only those considered further will be contacted.