Are you an experienced G-Driver, looking for a long term opportunity in Scarborough?
We are currently looking for a G-Driver/Warehouse Associate for our client in the Markham/Progress area of Scarborough. Our client is a large but continuously expanding distributor of home supplies. The delivery locations are local within Scarborough and the surrounding GTA and could involve both corporate and residential clients.
While this position will begin as a temporary assignment, there is potential for longer term work for the right candidate. This is an opportunity to join a tight knit group of individuals who are appreciative of strong and consistent work ethics.
This position will involve Monday to Friday day shifts, with a pay rate of $13.50/hr.
This position will be responsible for assisting in various areas of operation, though will mainly involve delivery driving.
Tasks involved could include (but are not limited to):
- Receiving incoming inventory – ensuring correct as per shipping documents and assisting with unloading/putting away inventory
- Managing inventory within warehouse
- Yearly inventory counts and reporting
- Order picking and packaging
- Loading containers for delivery
- Completing pre-route vehicle safety checks
- Performing delivery runs using G-Class vehicles (generally pickups or 5-tonne trucks)
- Customer service – ensuring clients are satisfied with shipments delivered
Necessary Skills/Qualifications include:
- Minimum of 2 years delivery experience
- Clean driver’s abstract
- No prior convictions which have not been pardoned (we will be conducting criminal background checks)
- Positive attitude and well developed customer service abilities
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs occasionally
If this position is of interest, please submit resume and abstract to this posting or fax to 416-288-8893.
While we would like to thank all applicants, only those considered further will be contacted.