Advantage Personnel is a Canadian-owned staffing firm providing innovative workforce solutions since 1986. Our full service bureau was founded in Mississauga, Ontario and is committed to providing contingency and direct hire solutions to clients across Canada. We service the main industry sectors; including Office Administration and Management, Contact Centre, Human Resources, Health and Financial Services, Transportation and General Labour/Light Industrial.
We are currently looking for an experienced Sr. Payroll Administrator for our client in the Jane/Steeles area of Concord (Vaughan).
In this position, you will be responsible for preparing, calculating and completing the payroll for salaried, hourly and unionized staff. You should also be comfortable interpreting and applying various acts, regulations, policies and procedures, along with administering the provisions of multiple collective agreements.
This position will be a one year contract, after which there will be the possibility of being hired permanently. The shifts involved will be weekday day shifts. Flexibility with regards to overtime is an asset. We will be providing a competitive salary for this position, with a range of $45-55000 annually.
The main responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Preparing, calculating, completing data entry and maintenance of computerized payroll for all employees- salaried, hourly and unionized
- Reviewing systems to provide input on possible improvements
- Interpreting and applying relevant acts, regulations, policies, procedures and collective agreements in consultation with supervisor
- Preparing reports, statements and remittances concerning payroll, benefits, government programs, year-end tasks including accruals, T4’s, T4A’s and T2200’s
- Ensuring timely and complete remittance of deductions as well as reconciliation of payroll accounts to General Ledger
- Maintaining accounting records related to payroll and conducting payroll cost analysis for various projects
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with internal and external contacts
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Membership in professional payroll or accounting association (PCP or CPM preferred)
- Minimum grade 12 OSSD or equivalent education supplemented with payroll coursework; completion of related college/university program preferred
- 4 years or greater computerized payroll experience
- Strong computer skills- typing, MS Office applications, Ceridian Payroll System (HPL)
- Extensive experience working with payroll accounting systems and using methods, practices and principles involved in the preparing, calculating and processing of salaried and hourly payrolls
- Thorough knowledge of Federal and Provincial laws, regulations and policies, as well as experience with working with collective agreements as applicable to salary and wage administration
- Ability to interpret federal, legal and collective acts and agreements to ensure proper application
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail; high levels of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills- verbal, written and reading
- Excellent customer service skills- able to speak with internal and external contacts with tact regarding sensitive issues
If interested in this position, please send resumes by fax to 416-288-8893. You may also submit resumes to this posting.
While we would like to thank all applicants, only those considered further will be considered.
Please note that while our position is located in Concord, the initial application and interview will be held in our office in Scarborough.