We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant for our client in the downtown Toronto area.
We are looking for someone who has excellent customer service skills and is able to handle a busy and fast paced environment.
This is a contract opportunity, expected to be ongoing for 1 year. The position will involve day shifts, with a pay rate of $12.40/hr
In this position you would be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Answering and directing calls, emails, and faxes to appropriate people
- Fielding general inquiries and providing general information to clients and the public
- Processing incoming/outgoing mail
- Routine decision making using established policies and procedures
- Maintaining and preparing reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Maintaining office supplies as needed
- Managing and coordinating catering requests from clients
- Handling room and servery set up for catered events
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent; related college or university degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 year related work experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs and quick and accurate typing skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Flexible and adaptable in terms of tasks handled
- Strong teamwork abilities
- Excellent English communication skills- written, reading and verbal
If you feel this position is of interest, please submit resumes to this ad or fax to 416-288-8893. While we would like to thank all applicants, only those under further consideration will be contacted.
Please note that while our position is located in downtown Toronto, we would require you to come in to our office in Scarborough for the initial interview.