Advantage Communications Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE28 January 2018
Well organised on every level , nice work ethics. Good values shared among co workers. The most enjoyable part was the training and the Canadian call.
Not A Job.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS7 December 2017
I previously worked there as a technical support rep, In Amherst the supervisors were useless and management never did their job. Human resources also failed to see the ignorant employees and racism/sexiest..

Too top it off you also had fleas and ticks in the building and no one used the antibacterial wipes when provided. As a call center for a MAJOR PROVIDER, should not be as such. What a disgusting place to work.. Best part of working there was it being easy. No advancement.
Pros
Kick up the feet job.
Cons
Bugs, being sick 24.7 there, no advancement, no raises..
Call centre
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE27 December 2016
Is what it is, not sure if they're up to much these days but call centre life is pretty repetitive, sometimes crazy busy and crazy people but it's warm in the winter and sometimes you get to play flash games between calls
Not bad place to work
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS13 June 2016
I've already written a review of Advantage Communications. Pleasant place to work. Not the best for advancment, but could be worse. Overall, very good spot for a job.
Productive and family like environment
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kingston15 April 2016
Working with Advantage is fulfilling, meaningful and productive. The administrative group is positive and supportive. which makes the long hours bearable. Our CEO is welcoming and tries his hardest to be familiar with each employee knowing them by name. And he tries very hard to make everyone as comfortable as possible.
Pros
free lunch
Wouldn't recommend
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE13 December 2015
The only thing that gets you through your shift is your co-workers. When needing help, if you ask three different people in management the same question, you'll get three different answers. The training is generalized/poor/inadequate and has little bearing to what is encountered on the floor. Numerous QA audits are sent via email and you have no idea what call they are referring to. Marks lost are from performing your duties as taught in training, only to find that information is incorrect. Shift times are erratic making work/life balance very difficult and we won't even talk about the pay.
Pros
co-workers, desk job
Cons
low pay, no leadership, lazy mid management, incorrect training, not enough staff scheduled leading to long call times, ineffectual feedback, too many audits without discussion
Great people to work with
BILLING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE10 December 2015
Varies depending on work day
Working together
Management/coworker is what makes the day go by
Hardest part is working with the people that call in
Again coworkers make the day go by
Productive and Fun Workplace; Everyone knows your name
Tech Support Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PE20 November 2015
With over 10 years of customer service experience, I found Advantage Communications to be a great workplace! Especially in the contact center field. The management always calls you by name, and they treat you like an actual person, not just a number.
If you like working at a CC then you will like it here!
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE3 November 2015
Training: Should be longer, more time spent on practising the applications,

Salary: If they wish to remain competitive and get people they will have to offer a much higher wage.

QA: Too picky and there is no need to be QA every week; twice a month is sufficient.

Overall I like the place. The program I work on has answers for pretty much all issues. There are flow charts and staff support when issues get tricky. Easy place to work and very quiet; the quietest Call Centre I have worked at.

The building is run professionally and the Janitors do great job keeping the building very, very clean.
Pros
Easy Going, Lay Back, Casual Wear, Can Wear Shorts (unlike other CC), Friendly Staff, Excellent Training, Very Flexible, Good Support
Cons
Shift Work, Lousy Pay, Expect too much for what they are paying for, To many QA's for my liking and too picky.
A fun and flexible workplace.
Technical Support Representative (Bilingual) (Current Employee) –  Summerside, PE24 September 2015
We were very busy, always on the phone talking to irate customers, but had a lot of fun in the workplace. The employees were always smiling and met a lot of interesting people. Very great to work around family and home life. The downfall was there was not much room for movement within the company and no way to "climb the ladder".

A big challenge was keeping up with changes to technology and social media.
I learned skills everyone should have: basic technical support for cable, telephone and internet.

Want to know more about Advantage Communications?

Ask a question
This was a good company with great management.
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PE8 September 2015
I really enjoyed Advantage as a company. They were great to their employees ( provided lots of activities and ways to interact with the staff).

I learned lots of technical support and electronics. A typical day consisted of providing customers with assistance on their phone, internet, and cable via telephone.

My co-workers were fun and very helpful when I needed them.

The hardest part of the job was the people who were upset and/or unable to follow the directions we provided; although, I liked the challenge.

The most enjoyable part of the job was continuous learning. Every day there was something new to learn and achieve.
Pros
Working at a desk all day.
Cons
People not understanding what you need them to.
Good place to work Best of them all
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE23 June 2015
I love working here they treat me Very well i have nothing bad to say i even get to work at home i have been treated fair and get the time i need off.
A good working place
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE20 April 2015
This was a good place to work when I needed it. It further developed my technical and soft skills as I had to resolve technical issues and keep customers satisfied on calls. I also enjoyed taking tourism calls in English and French.
Would not refer anyone else here
Technical Support - Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Souris, PE25 February 2015
Aside from my co-workers, this job isn't worth the headaches. Management treat their staff quite poorly, and the pay wage compared to other centres is ridiculous. The benefits package is mediocre at best. If it wasn't for the fact I needed the job, I would never of applied there in the first place. Theye cancelled numerous staff events in the last year because their staff is so disgruntled they refuse to attend.
job was unsatisfactory
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Pei21 December 2014
employee job security was low
technical support for customers was satisfactory
management poor treatment towards employee can be avoided
The company has many great benefits!
Customer Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE19 June 2014
I only did a short contract there myself but my husband works full time and they do all kinds of things like bbqs for employees and give aways etc. A typical day while i was there was logging into the system and taking phone calls, my co-workers were great and very nice and helpful.
Technical Service Representative
Eastlink Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE28 May 2014
A typical day at work would consist of answering calls, booking service calls and attending staff meetings on important issues that were needed to know. The management and co-workers were pretty good to get along but if had rough days, we got through those days. The hardest part of the job was when there were a high call volume and sometimes had a lot of angry customers but was able to get through those days by coping with it. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I had many quick and kind customers which made the day just fly past by.
Pros
never a boring moment
Cons
had difficult and stressful days
Non-productive - Fuse ball table had no ball
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB30 April 2014
* Typical day at work, performing inbound calls
* I learned there was negative favoritism in the workplace, and better training for employees was needed
* Management was unproductive and not helpful
* The hardest part of the job was going to work everyday
* Most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown PE29 January 2014
Taking phone call for Eastlink Tecnical Support...hardest part of the job was dealing with frustrated customers on a consistent basis
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
repetitive
Not a great place to work.
Web Hosting Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEI, Canada2 August 2013
They always had neg. comments, never tried to improve you. It was like pulling teeth to get any time off. Also bosses have swelled head.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

Advantage Communications Reviews by Location