We’re getting bigger. Not by a lot because we don’t need a lot more horsepower to finish off our team. We’re just looking for an extra set of skilled hands to help us with some new developments, and to help us bring some of our existing modules and features up to our new best practices a little faster that we can right now.
About Our Company
Advanced Safety Management (ASM) started off 15+ years ago as a consulting firm offering safety program development, auditing, and other services to a variety of industries throughout Western Canada. Today, we are primarily a Software & e-Learning solution provider.
We have built and maintain two significant web-applications. DATS (www.GetDATS.com) is our flagship Management System Portal, and Arkhitekton is our system for creating e-Learning portals with Industry Partners. We currently have 3 Arkhitekton schools and we have plans to add more.
Who We’re Looking For
Our primary focus is DATS, but we also have our budding Arkhitekton e-Learning school platform. We have some modules to develop in each application, so we can give you your own space to make things happen!
Existing Module Enhancement
As time goes on, our software will become increasingly inward focused. We’ll be tweaking, changing, and upgrading what we have made, rather than building whole new modules. In fact, an estimated 75% of our resources for 2013 will be directed to enhancements and streamlining. The bottom line is that we are going to need you to figure out and work with our system. The sooner we get the right person plugged in, the better.
Optional / Potential Job Components
Spending time on our Help Desk (mostly IM based) is a great way to learn about the everyday needs of our customers, and to potentially drive the fundamental improvement to our software. Some people really excel at this type of work, where other people prefer to be left alone to immerse themselves in their projects.
- 2+ years coding experience with PHP & MySQL.
- Familiarity with OS X and Coda IDE an asset
- Familiarity with Adobe Fireworks an asset
- Ability to work unsupervised. This job is primarily a telecommuting job, so being able to work from home while being productive is a must.
- We’re super organized. We need somebody who can jump into our workflow and communicate effectively with other team members on all kinds of projects.
- We’re fussy. We spend a lot of time developing our planning documents and attention to detail is very important.
- Being able to test your code from a variety of different customer perspectives is critical. We can train you how to do this, but you’ll need do conduct this work, and you’ll need to be thorough.
- We need a programmer that works with our current code and does not try re-invent our way of doing things. With that said, continual improvement is at the very core of our nature.
- We need properly formatted, highly readable and documented code. We’re not building one-off software products here; we are building an enterprise level system that includes multiple team members and many customers. We’re building DATS for the long-term – not a quick buck.
- An eye for design. We’re looking for a programmer that can not only code but can also view the world through the eyes of our less technical users and code with that vision in mind.
We are posting this, as an intermediate-level position; however, there is the potential for significant growth. The starting salary is in the $50,000 area. All employees receive a comprehensive benefits program, vacations days (of course), office expense reimbursements, and a fitness allowance/reimbursement.
Interested? Please do some research!
Please be sure to check us out before you send in a resume. The more insightful the cover letter, the more time we end up spending with the resume and any other attachments or links.
Corporate Website: www.theCORexperts.com
DATS (Our Flagship): www.GetDATS.com
Arkhiteckton Sites: www.MyOTF.com, www.SalesToolsForGoodPeople.com, www.CompetencyMill.ca (coming soon).
The deadline for submissions is May 1, 2013.