Position: Project Coordinator
Reports To: Manager, Provisioning
Date: September 2012
Under the direction of the Manager, Provisioning, the Project Coordinator is responsible for the successful coordination of customer’s services, with a clear focus on complete customer satisfaction. A project may involve the restructuring of an entire network or the implementation of a single service. This position functions in a multi-project environment and must be able to effectively coordinate internal, customer and supplier resources to deliver projects on time and on budget.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the implementation all phases of a customer’s network, taking into account customer priorities, internal AKN resources, and supplier schedules to most effectively rollout the project.
- Build sound relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Understand the nature of the customer’s business and the impact of project implementation.
- Understand supplier service offerings on both a business and technical level.
- Effectively manage customer expectations as they relate to project implementation.
- Maintain effective communication with the customer throughout the implementation process.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure services are implemented in as efficient a manner as possible.
- Effectively manage project changes.
- Summarize the status of projects and identify late or potentially late projects.
- Participate in the design and implementation of productivity tools and aids to increase efficiency.
- Prioritize projects based on business criteria.
- Participate in project planning sessions.
- Maintain awareness of changing technologies and their impact on AKN and AKN’s customer base.
- Cross train with Carrier Relations Specialist as back up
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 1 to 3 years of experience in project coordination or similar capacity
- Strong business knowledge.
- Good technical understanding of wide area networking and AKN’s service offerings.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities.
- Orientation to schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to manage time effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Assumes responsibilities for own actions.
- Works collaboratively with team to accomplish goals.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Manages conflict positively and resolves differences through negotiation.
- Builds and maintains relationships with other team members and co-workers.
- Works both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies and how they impact AKN’s service delivery to customers.
- Majority of work takes place in comfortable office environment.
For almost a decade, AKN has been providing exceptional value to our Customers by building on the limitless possibilities of our vision, our...