Reporting to the VP of Business Development, the Online Marketing Specialist will spearhead the planning, development and execution of AKN’s web marketing activities to support a broad range of lead-generation initiatives. We are seeking a self-managed professional with proven web marketing experience, who enjoys working independently and in a collaborative environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and test innovative online programs and campaigns from concept to back-end analysis
- Use traditional and new media vehicles to provide a steady stream of traffic to our web site
- Manage all search engine optimization activities
- Develop and implement emarketing programs including Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Marketing, web site blogs, etc.
- Research, develop and analyze Google Adword campaigns and adjust campaigns to optimize performance
- Leverage e-newsletters, interactive media, and other online marketing channels (RSS, blogs, forums, newsgroups, etc.) to build online brand awareness and drive traffic
- Record and produce video-blog segments and photos for posting to social media sites
- Monitor and report on web marketing competitive trends and perform industry benchmarking
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3 - 5 years of experience in direct marketing with responsibility for driving and executing strategies and plans, measuring, analyzing and reporting on success
- Experience with online advertising (Google Adwords), SEM, SEO and social media marketing
- HTML experience. Hands-on online savvy and demonstrated success with online marketing and communicating in Web environment.
- Strong grasp of or experience working in / with Social Media (Twitter, FaceBook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Previous work experience in IT solutions organization would be a definite advantage
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities. Ability to manage time effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Schedule and deadline oriented.
- Works collaboratively with team to accomplish goals
- Strong problem solving skills
- Builds and maintains relationships with other team members and co-workers. Works both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible by nature. Ability to adapt to changing technologies and how they impact AKN’s service delivery to customers
- Passion and enthusiasm for latest online marketing trends
- Majority of work takes place in comfortable office environment
Location: Downtown Toronto, Church & Adelaide St. E.
Indeed - 2 years ago