ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Average office Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 September 2013
ADT is not one of Canada's 100 companies. But is your average office job. The hours are good (typical 9-5). There's benefits and decent pay. Only management gets options for bonuses. Advancement is possible. The hardest part is no formal trying or similarity across the country. Every office has its own protocol so dealing with issues between branches can be difficult when everything is done different everywhere.
Pros
lunch and learns, benefits
Cons
no formal training, branches are all ran differently
Good secure office job
Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  calgary, AB2 August 2013
Good work environment, however you are at a computer most of the day. Made good friends with the people I worked with.
Flexible Schedule and Fun Environement
Commercial Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Montreal Quebec2 July 2013
ADT is a great place to grow and learn how to sell face to face with small business.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Commision Only
successful, fast-paced, growing company
Inbound & Outbound Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2013
ADT is always looking for bright enthusiastic people to grow with us. Next to our customers, employees are ADT's most valuable assets. We hire quality people and provide them with an environment in which to grow. By providing career advancement, incentives, education and training programs, ADT has one of the highest employee retention rates in the industry.

With an intense focus on our commercial and residential customers' needs, ADT is quickly expanding its market share. To support this growth, we are looking for highly motivated, technically skilled, customer-focused individuals who want to be part of a winning team.

Local managers have great flexibility to grow their markets within broad guidelines. As a result, ADT associates enjoy a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture. Positive results are rewarded with generous incentive plans. The headquarters staff provides marketing and financial support, human resource programs, and a sophisticated technology infrastructure.
stressfull
Residential Resale Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton10 May 2013
typcial day at work 12 hour day
hardest part is micro managed (other duties)
Pros
flexibility and money
Cons
little personal time
A very demanding position, responsable for quoating and the instillation of security equipment for clients Business and or residence.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS. Canada28 April 2013
Confirm my appointments that my office has set for me, Personally see each client and review suggestions I have presented to them as to the equipment, warranties, and all final costs...Have contract signed and set up a time for instillation of Security Equipment.
Pros
A feeling of a job well down!
Cons
Not all Clients see the importance of securing their Business or Home
WORKING MODE
Sub Contract Purchasing Specialist- ADT UK (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, ENG21 April 2013
NO DAY IS THE SAME, EVERY DAY I HAVE A DIFFERENT CHALLENGE AND THATS WHAT I ENJOY ABOUT THE JOB I DO. I HAVE LEARNT I HAVE TO BE DIPOLMATIC AND HAVE A DIFFERENCE APPROACH TO VARIOUS SITUATIONS AND PEOPLE. MANAGEMENT OF PEOPLE THIS IS A SKILL WHICH IS ESSENTIAL WHEN MANAGING PEOPLE. MY CO WORKERS THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE TO WORK WITH. THEY COME FROM VARIED BACKGROUNDS.
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB CAN BE WHEN PEOPLE HAVE TO ALWAYS GO AGAINST THE PROCESS AND DELAY THE OUTPUT. DONT GIVE CORRECT INFORMATION IN RELATION TO THE JOB. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED AND SEEN THE JOB THROUGH WITH A OUTCOME THAT ALL ARE HAPPY WITH AND SEE THAT OTHERS ON THE SAME PAGE AS I AM.
Pros
worldwide company so opportunities maybe available
Cons
long hours at times
Great company.
Admin Processor III (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2013
This is a great place to work, they have good morals and people who work for them. they also have a great customer based support system.
my department was very busy, always busy never any down time, just like i like it.
Great people and great benefits
Team Leader/ Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2013
I provide support for staff and technicians as well as customer service.
I sort mail/emails for updating accounts.
Provide training to new exciting employees.
Provide support for technicians for the installations of alarms.
The best part of the day is providing support to customers/technicians and employees, it gives me great satisfaction.
The hardest part of the day is providing technical support and the systems are faulting and the technician has to go back to the customers house to install a new system.
Pros
great benefits, awesome people to work for.
Cons
job has increased in work duties providing no increase in pay.
Meh
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2013
It was okay. A lot going good for the company but a lot of negatives. I overall enjoyed my time at ADT. Kind of a lousy company.
Collections
Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Ab17 December 2012
Collections Calls
Corresponding with Customers
Digging up information on previous accounts which have been paid but applied incorrectly
Backup for incoming calls
Learnt new computer system
Cons
no room for advancement
NICE COMPANY
SALES & CUSTOMER REALATIOS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga12 December 2012
ITS a good workplace but the Managers need to give more time to the new employees.
there should be base salary.
Great company
Custom Homes sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 November 2012
Custom homes sales
Great management,
Creat new business poterntial
creat new promotions
fun,enjoyable, meet different type of people
Door -To-Door Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2012
cover neighborhood area going door-to-door. Meet new people present my presentation at their home. Answer questions about the product. Once lunch time comes around manager will pick the group up and we would have lunch. Co-workers were funny, enjoyable to be around, makes the day go by faster. Hardest part of the job was convincing people why they should have the alarm system for there home.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
door slamming in my face
fair work place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  torrance, ca13 November 2012
days are fair but the distance is on your mind throughout the day.
you learn that a lot of cool people can be very rude but for the most part you meet lots of cool people
Pros
being outside
Cons
job too far with unfair pay rates & lots of unfair rules regarding employees
very top heavy
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 November 2012
too many chiefs and not enough indians! More focused on personal gain rather then team spirit and get it done attitude! Motto is "COVER YOUR BUTT! They would rather lose an account then service it properly.
Pros
great parking spot for hockey games!
Cons
brutal management
just a place to work
Customer Service/ Account receivable (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 September 2012
I learned that although we could eliminate frustrated customers calling in that they had cancelled several months ago but we are still auto debiting their account although this could be an easy solution to eliminate this problem but management wasn't willing to take those steps to provide appropriate customer service, there were many other issues that I saw that the company could have avoided but decided instead yo pass the buck so that no one took ownership of the situation and provided a solution for it.
Pros
the social club sometimes provided free lunches, they had a good benefit package and rrsp program
Cons
if you have a dr appointment you had to make up the time during lunch or working late, if you came into work not feeling well you could nt go home, you had to finish your shift
OK place to work.
Collections/Customer Service, Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB Canada27 August 2012
Co-workers are fun and nice to work with. Salary not bad for the type of work. Benefits are good.
Pros
good retirement package.
Cons
company first, staff is at bottom of the list.
Very Business oriented and kind
Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami12 August 2012
Enjoyed working there
Miami
Kind
Not over worked
Understanding
I wanted to appear in for work
Pros
good people
Cons
on call sucked
Great Management with great team
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario20 July 2012
Friendly manager and wonderful co-operative team helped me to meet the deadline of the project on time which helped me to learn the time management skill.
Pros
wonderful environment
Cons
contract ended