ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2014
very busy pace -
installations and service.
worked as a team -
having to climb ladders outdoors in the winter.
working as a team and communicating with customers on a regular basis.
Pros
being able to work as a team
Cons
none at this time
flexible work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto9 October 2014
Day consist of visiting clients, discussing their home and or business security needs.
Doing presentations, providing quotations, getting contracts signed.
Poor management
Install and Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON9 July 2014
The hardest part was dealing with the disorganization and constant discrepancies in timesheets
Pros
My co-worker was amazing, incredible work ethic
Cons
Poor Management
Emergency Dispatch Operator and Inbound Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2014
*respond to emergency situations
*customers vary
*management of the company is up to its standards
*colleagues and the environment is conducive for work
*hardest part is dealing with certain types of people
*job itself
Fast pace and productive environment
Bilingual Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 May 2014
Fast pace environmentm, high call volume, typically the same expectations on a day to day basis. Proffesional and friendly staff, great company.
Great place to develop learning skills
Director- Finance, Canada (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, On27 May 2014
Always trying to improve process using existing systems which are very user friendly. There is a tonne of opportunity to learn full cycle business and Accounting. Co-workers are very helpful. Compensation is competitive.
Pros
great training ground to develop skills
Cons
long hours some times
worst experience ever
customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2014
the worst I've ever been treated by an employer
1. they play favourites
2. nothing not even 0.1% of the day and night work that's done is appreciated
3. the pay is only a small portion of what is deserved
4. too many expectations eg. calls are marked every week and they time how long your off on a break for example if you're late 2 minutes on a 15 minute break that's a disaster
5. your requests are NEVER taken inyo consideration
6. team managers only card about their own bonus
7. the atmosphere is depressing
8. routine work its like slavery
9. no incentives whatsoever
10. managers up your a** throughout your whole shift
oh yea no holidays off
the list can ho on and on
Pros
only thr benefits
Cons
everything else
Fastpaste Environment
Business Analyst - Consultant (Former Employee) –  March, ON23 March 2014
I really enjoyed my work at ADT. I had the autonomy to manage my work as I saw fit and only reported weekly to the program manager.
Pros
Lots of empowerment
Cons
Insecure environment was company was downsizing
Great work environment
Bilingual data coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 March 2014
Working with Mohawk college was great, met many new people was a very people oriented job, loved learning new things in the gym there.
Fun environment
Administration Processor (Current Employee) –  calgary8 March 2014
Management is very nice and down to earth. Treat staff like equals. A lot of the staff have been there long term.
Pros
Flexible and understanding, will understand problems
Cons
No growth unless someone leaves
Productive days made for fast work days
Alarm Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2014
Typical day started at 6:00am and ended at 2:00pm
I learned proper phone etiquette, how to communicate effectively with customers and emergency dispatchers.
The management was inconsistent.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers
The hardest part of the job was the start time of 6:00am
The most enjoyable part was being paid weekly and the days went by very fast.
Pros
overtime was available
Cons
early mornings
NON PRODUCTIVE COMPANY
SALES (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 February 2014
TYPICAL DAY WOULD START WITH A SALES MANAGEMENT CALL THAT TOOK 30 MINUTES DAILY. WE THEN WOULD GO TO OUR FIRST APPOINTMENT OR IF THERE WAS NON WE WOULD HAVE THE CHOICE TO GO DOOR KNOCKING AND HANGING FLYERS OR MAKE COLD CALLS FROM LEADS THAT WERE NOT QUALIFIED.
Pros
FREE COFFEE AT OFFICE
Cons
LONG HOURS AND LOUZY WAGES
Hard job with great trainers
Alarm Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2014
ADT is a strict company that expects a lot out of their employees. They have a fantastic training class and help you every step of the way. Only tough part is being on time. If you clock in even 1 minute late you get written up. Three of those in one year leads to termination, which is why their turn-over rate is so high.
Basically, answering calls and contacting the correct authorities for the situation.
Didn't have much time to get to know other employees as they were all handling their own alarms.
Pros
Being able to sit and work.
Cons
Long days.
Best Security Monitoring Company. Long hours and long drives, but great place to work!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 November 2013
Typical day is calling and running appointments either set by the company or set by me.

The work place is very professional. The sales support is excellent, and you represent the best security monitoring company in the world.

The best part is knowing you are helping people get their place secure and at the same time you are making a living out of it!
Pros
You can have your place secured with the best security monitoring system in the world.
Cons
Long hours and long drives to different client locations.
x
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2013
It won't be far off if you read my Tyco review. I was more responsible for field and product issues in my early stages of this position and that progressed to finding new product to replace 'old' product and/or to source products to provide solutions to Customers, which included Sales, Service and Installation teams. This is where reviewing new products came in and in preparing reports for pros/cons etc... Still my focus was on Customer satisfaction, providing timely solutions, products, problem solving etc ... and of course staying the course, the "whatever it takes to get the job done approach". we were extremely busy. Great people to work with over the years and although I worked independently on many projects during my years, many occassion involved teamwork, and those I always enjoyed and looked forward to. A great opportunity to share ideas and thoughts with other associates.
Average office Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 September 2013
ADT is not one of Canada's 100 companies. But is your average office job. The hours are good (typical 9-5). There's benefits and decent pay. Only management gets options for bonuses. Advancement is possible. The hardest part is no formal trying or similarity across the country. Every office has its own protocol so dealing with issues between branches can be difficult when everything is done different everywhere.
Pros
lunch and learns, benefits
Cons
no formal training, branches are all ran differently
Good secure office job
Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  calgary, AB2 August 2013
Good work environment, however you are at a computer most of the day. Made good friends with the people I worked with.
Flexible Schedule and Fun Environement
Commercial Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Montreal Quebec2 July 2013
ADT is a great place to grow and learn how to sell face to face with small business.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Commision Only
successful, fast-paced, growing company
Inbound & Outbound Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2013
ADT is always looking for bright enthusiastic people to grow with us. Next to our customers, employees are ADT's most valuable assets. We hire quality people and provide them with an environment in which to grow. By providing career advancement, incentives, education and training programs, ADT has one of the highest employee retention rates in the industry.

With an intense focus on our commercial and residential customers' needs, ADT is quickly expanding its market share. To support this growth, we are looking for highly motivated, technically skilled, customer-focused individuals who want to be part of a winning team.

Local managers have great flexibility to grow their markets within broad guidelines. As a result, ADT associates enjoy a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture. Positive results are rewarded with generous incentive plans. The headquarters staff provides marketing and financial support, human resource programs, and a sophisticated technology infrastructure.
stressfull
Residential Resale Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton10 May 2013
typcial day at work 12 hour day
hardest part is micro managed (other duties)
Pros
flexibility and money
Cons
little personal time