ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 8, 2014
ING was a great place to work. The staff was great. I just didn't have a permanent position.
High Call Volume
Knoxville TN-Technical Support (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 7, 2014
Pros: ok pay
Cons: calls never end and rude customers.
I worked for ADT for two years. Only got one raise the whole time I worked there for some extra training. The calls keep coming in. They never stop. The customers are mostly rude and uneducated about how the alarm system works. If you are a single person I would advise working there for no more than two years then move on. No room for advancement and – more... the company changes procedures on a daily baisis. – less
love it or loath it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), 285 thruway park drive west henrietta ny 14685November 6, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: breaks, space
adt was the type of job that if you can sit on your bum all day and get paid to talk to the phone, youll love it. if youre a person who requires more activity throughout the day, youll loath it
Most fun you can have on a phone
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), knoxville, TNNovember 5, 2014
Pros: calm environment, good coworkers
Cons: few breaks and if you go past a call time you may lose the break
Your typical workday is spent more than 99 percent sitting in place and answering phone calls. Most phone calls are not happy as something is not working with their system and some are genuine emergencies. Over all it is a positive environment and most of the management cares about their team and helps out how they can.
If you HAVE to have a job immediatley
Operations Support Center Manager (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits and pay
Cons: large corporation with no regard to family concerns, extremely stressful
Its a very high volume call center where only production matters. Little or no regard by management for the value of their employees. They do offer nice benefits and salary.
Demanding
Mutli-Skilled Agent (Current Employee), Irving, TXOctober 31, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Good job for a single person or a person with limited responsibilities outside of the workplace. It was too stressful and demanding. All in all it was difficult to balance work/life.
Fun place to work. Work hard with have fun attitude
Sales Security Consultant (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILOctober 31, 2014
Pros: self scheduling to a large degree
Cons: unpredictable hours & compenstaion
Typical Day: 9am start - 5pm conclusion. Interaction with people to present security solutions based on interest shown. Utilize provided resources to find interested business partners.
What I learned: Higher level of compassion/solution achievement for the problem being described.
Management: Fair, equitable.
Co-Workers: Compassionate people that truly – more... care about their craft.
Hardest Part: Relating why an expectation was not met.
Most enjoyable Part: Learning new ways to approach a challenge. – less
Fair Company to work for
Processor Billing II Clerk - Collections (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 31, 2014
I have worked for Brinks/ADT for about 7 years, and when ADT brought out Brinks, the company flow changed, and departments started being eliminated.
Productive Workplace
Field Support Agent/Data Entry Processor I (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 29, 2014
it was a overall good workplace met a lot of interesting people management was fair
ADT Experience
Custom Homes Representative (Current Employee), Irving, TexasOctober 28, 2014
Pros: customer appreciation, benefits, promotions
Cons: micro management, pto time, shift bids
I love my co-workers, however, I feel like ADT needs alot of work from management on up. The management is horrible!
Sales
Small Business Sales Representative (Current Employee), Melville, NYOctober 27, 2014
Daily interaction with prospective customers in person and over the phone.
Growth with the company is encouraged.
Performance Measurement & Analysis Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FloridaOctober 24, 2014
Pros: benefits (medical, vision, dental, life insurance)
ADT is a good company to work for. They have fair hiring practices and reward hard work.
Poorly Managed,
SMALL BUSINESS SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTOctober 23, 2014
Pros: good initial sales training
Cons: low care for employees, poor post sales customer service, inflated prices
Unfortunately, this company has been used and abused by investors by which I mean management seems to not really care about the employees but creating numbers for investors. ADT now sells an average product for a inflated price relying on Brand name recognition to sell the product. Very poor morale, offices and call center haven't been updated for years. – more... Poor customer service after the sale. – less
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 22, 2014
Working with ADT I was able to utilize my sales experience and customer service skills. I dealt with various people on a daily basis, I worked in all weather conditions selling the system.
Supervisor
Team Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 20, 2014
I learned a lot about professional development and how important it is to always be growing in my job role. It was important in this job to train up new leaders and to empower others to do their job well. The leadership training and professional development opportunities that I received helped me to be a better supervisor, leader, and motivator in my – more... career overall. – less
ADT Security Services
TECH 1+ (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: i had really good benefits at adt
Cons: the micro-management
I worked in the FSC (field support center) where we received calls from techs installing or done installing security systems in homes and small businesses. We either helped them with installation or confirmed signals and entered all account information and gave them confirmation of signals.

The pace was intense at times and Management thought Micro-management – more... was necessary, which made the job even more stressful than it needed to be. Other than that, there was recognition for many things and my co-workers were awesome. I miss them and we keep in touch.

Management did show appreciation for the crazy pace we performed at times by coming by with a free soda cart or a cookie or cupcake from time to time. We had many employee appreciation festivities and food while on the clock all though the year.

The hardest part was putting up with the inane micro-management setup by folks that don't and never have done the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere the immediate Management, Team Managers, kept around us most of the time. Always something positive going on or just an at-a-girl or a smile. – less
Sale, Sale, Sale
Home Alarm Sales (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2014
Sale or your out.
Company is driven by sales.
Have dealers that use old equipment. That don't take care of customer service.
Organized meetings with new and established clients
Small Business Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tampa FlOctober 15, 2014
Pros: 401k, health insurance, cell phone expence paid
• Organized meetings with new and established clients
• Conducted sales presentations and security risk assessments
• Followed up with owners to answer questions and resolve concerns
• Generated referrals and built rapport with each client
• Earned recognition for top sales performance
Awesome time spent there.
Residential High Volume Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pelham, ALOctober 14, 2014
The great thing about ADT is they teach you from day one to become succesful. Its up to the individual to bring it together.
This job is not for everyone.
Customer Serivce (Former Employee), Jacksonville, flOctober 14, 2014
Cons: they only do raises once a year and the maximum is 5% which is almost impossible
The management is never available to help. If you ask to many questions they look down on you. They want you to follow policy to the letter and then turn around and say everything is not black and white.

This was my first experience in a corporate atmosphere. It taught me to keep my mouth shut and head down.

I worked there for several years expecting – more... that with changes in management the environment would improve. I was wrong. Even after being promoted to a different department I felt trapped.

This place is like high school, if you are not in the in-crowd or sleeping your way to the top, you will go no where and struggle on a daily basis.The work load expectancy is unbearable and impossible. They want you to lie to customers, throw free stuff at them in hopes they will stay with the company.

My advise is to look elsewhere, but if you have no other choice use this company as a stepping stone and get out as soon as you can, it will only wear on your conscience and your mental health. – less

About ADT Security Services

For more than a century, ADT has been one of today’s most trusted, well known brands in the industry. Today, we serve more – Read more

ADT Security Services Photos