ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga13 October 2015
My typical day at work would be booking appointment with customers, taking complains, coordinating and assigning jobs to technicians, dealing with guard calls and confirming appointments for installation all over Canada. Staying there for a full years feels like Ive been there for 5 years, thats how much I learned. I've really developed myself and I am able to be professional and deal with difficult situations on the phone or in an office place. I've learnt to work fast while doing a great job. Co-workers are very important to me, I am very independent and work well alone but I am also a huge team player. I LOVE working to people, my co-workers and I weren't just co-workers but friends that will help each other to make the day easier. The hardest part of the job I would say was at the beginning taking about 150-180 calls in a row, as time passed by it became a lot earlier. The most enjoyable part of the job was having on the phone all our technicians all over Canada to keep your day entertaining all day.
A very rewarding career!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Western Ontario22 September 2015
I enjoyed working with ADT for over 20 years for most of my working career. The only reason I left, was to work in a family business.
good steady job for someone who's not looking for a challenge
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2015
Good people and easy job but not very challenging. Lots of training and helpful people to assist. Wages were not very good and hours could be awful at times.
Pros
good people
Cons
hours and wage
Can make a decent living however expect to work min.13 hours every day.
Sales Repesentative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 September 2015
Not recommended.

You will work many hours driving across many distances.
Top 10 percent will earn 90 percent of commissions. The rest will struggle looking for leads to sell.
Pros
Commissions
Cons
13 hour day- 6 days a week
Saving lives
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 September 2015
It's always good to save lives, and keep people safe, but that is such a small portion of the job, and we get little to no feedback as far as how actual events turn out. The best and worst part of the job is being part of a union -- good pay and benefits, but very political.
Pros
double-time paid overtime, amazing benefits
Cons
intra-office politics
Senior Technician
Senior Commercial Technician (Former Employee) –  March, ON19 August 2015
I started working with ADT since Houston Texas in 2003 originally was Brinks Home Security, later that time was bought out by ADT. on 2011 we decided to move to Canada after Houston suffered from recession, I was able to be transfer to the branch of Calgary Alberta, where i worked for over 1 year as a senior technician.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
N/A
productive workplace
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 August 2015
excellent work environment, learnt lots about customer service and accounting. co-workers worked together as a team and were always willing to help on and other.
Pros
great team
Cons
job tends to repeat itself
A great way to help people find peace of mind.
Part-time Customer Service (Current Employee) –  on-line12 August 2015
ADT offers a service I am proud to be a part of supplying. After having been exposed to Home Alarm Systems, and the comfort they provide to those using them is enormous.
The company is always changing systems and even back office processes so they keep us on our toes but all the changes are well thought out and efficiently implemented.
I was lucky enough to be one of a few people to be part of a new pilot program they later implemented and go to see the benefit of it from the ground up.
Management is always ready to assist and quick to respond if needed.
Great company with tons of potential
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 June 2015
My favorite part about working at ADT is my co-workers and the management. My Manager is very approachable and easy to talk to!.
She is the best Manager i had in my career
Pros
Great atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, quality benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance is a bit off, but only due to volume of work not to any pressure applied by management
Great company, tons of fun to work for.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 May 2015
I had a lot of fun here, however the management in the field was a little shady at times. But all in all, not bad. Travelling and staying overnight was a cool experience
Pros
Travel and overnight trips
Cons
minimun wage
ADT Security Systems
Level II Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 May 2015
I was able learn about sales and commission at this workplace. I was also able to learn the fundamental components of home security systems.
Pros
Great work environment.Bright office space
Cons
Very expericenced co- worker conflictions. Did not appreciate change.
Experience
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2015
Was a good Experience and i learned alot. Each day had its own chalenges but it was a good feeling accomplishing the goals set in place.
Fun place to work with a great group of co-workers
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL20 March 2015
Management is in NS which makes things hard at times on a daily basis. Need a local branch manager to oversee the daily admin., etc in local branch
Pros
Discounts on alarm systems/services
Cons
Management located on mainland
Great salary and benefits but lacking customer service
Residential Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 March 2015
ADT sales is a very easy way to make a living if you want a job that doesn't allow you to think for yourself, that mandates what you do with your work day into your personal time and that promotes selling no matter what their customer service is like.
If you want to go through life making a half decent salary without really trying to sell anything, but simply make their robo calls every week then this is definetely a job for you.
The company has a great compensation plan, great benefits and not so great training.
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
customer service is lacking
Fun, freedom of working hours.
Commercial Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 February 2015
Proud to promote ADT brand and solutions
Work environment like an entrepreneur, build client base then cultivate success.
Freedom of working hours, this comes with responsibilities though.
Nice Place.
Small Business Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  North & Southern Ontario15 February 2015
Good people. Just hard to start here fresh.
Learned Security
Good guys at top.
1-2 Leads per 2 weeks
Traveling is great. But Not enough money to live on.
Great Customers and help them identify their needs
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2015
As a people person, the most enjoyable part of the job was to do what I like: working with people, helping and enjoying customers and my co-workers, be a team player, doing bookkeeping and operate office equipment, achieve all key objectives established by the Company, be a role model within Business by promoting the institution's products and services at every possible opportunity etc...
Relaxed working environment with an approachable manager
Operations Support Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 February 2015
Shifts were either 8:30 to 4:30 or 12-8 pm.
The main functions of the department I was a part of was customer service, technical support for our technicians, and downloading and programming of customers' panels.
Management was okay but did not address some issues that should have been addressed.
In general it was a relaxed place to work with good co-workers
Soul Crushing Call Center Grind
Call center, dispatch and tech support. (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2015
* Long hours, little reward for higher performers.

* Extremely harsh sick day policy, coupled with dirty shared work stations and a cramped open concept office.

*Management treats workers with contempt and as an expendable commodity.

*Hardest part of the job is dealing with management, they set constantly shifting goalposts and have often unreasonable expectations.

*Hard to get to know co-workers due to 50% or greater annual turn-over. There are bullies and management favorites that don't have to work as hard and are often off doing unnecessary fringe tasks, chatting or just idling, while the less favored staff pick up their slack.

Save yourself a headache and work somewhere that values their workforce. This place is a meat-grinder.
Cons
Unpaid lunch. Mechanical noise in break room. No shift rotation.
Pitch
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2015
I work with the whole team. We had to go out the field looking for a customer to Sales our company products to a customers. We promote an Alarm system to a residents and commercial to set up an alarm system to secure
Pros
Our owner luches