ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Best Security Monitoring Company. Long hours and long drives, but great place to work!
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 8, 2013
Pros: you can have your place secured with the best security monitoring system in the world.
Cons: long hours and long drives to different client locations.
Typical day is calling and running appointments either set by the company or set by me.

The work place is very professional. The sales support is excellent, and you represent the best security monitoring company in the world.

The best part is knowing you are helping people get their place secure and at the same time you are making a living out of it!
Great Customers and help them identify their needs
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2015
As a people person, the most enjoyable part of the job was to do what I like: working with people, helping and enjoying customers and my co-workers, be a team player, doing bookkeeping and operate office equipment, achieve all key objectives established by the Company, be a role model within Business by promoting the institution's products and services at every possible opportunity etc...
Productive days made for fast work days
Alarm Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2014
Pros: overtime was available
Cons: early mornings
Typical day started at 6:00am and ended at 2:00pm
I learned proper phone etiquette, how to communicate effectively with customers and emergency dispatchers.
The management was inconsistent.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers
The hardest part of the job was the start time of 6:00am
The most enjoyable part was being paid weekly and the days went by very fast.
Great company
Custom Homes sales Rep (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 26, 2012
Custom homes sales
Great management,
Creat new business poterntial
creat new promotions
good
Account Rep Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee), TorontoDecember 7, 2014
the only draw back is the base salary very low and in the current economic not a good place for family persons to work.
Experience
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2015
Was a good Experience and i learned alot. Each day had its own chalenges but it was a good feeling accomplishing the goals set in place.
Emergency Dispatch Operator and Inbound Agent (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 3, 2014
*respond to emergency situations
*customers vary
*management of the company is up to its standards
*colleagues and the environment is conducive for work
*hardest part is dealing with certain types of people
*job itself
Fun, freedom of working hours.
Commercial Security Advisor (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 20, 2015
Proud to promote ADT brand and solutions
Work environment like an entrepreneur, build client base then cultivate success.
Freedom of working hours, this comes with responsibilities though.
Poor management
Install and Service Technician (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONJuly 9, 2014
Pros: my co-worker was amazing, incredible work ethic
Cons: poor management
The hardest part was dealing with the disorganization and constant discrepancies in timesheets
Great Management with great team
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJuly 20, 2012
Pros: wonderful environment
Cons: contract ended
Friendly manager and wonderful co-operative team helped me to meet the deadline of the project on time which helped me to learn the time management skill.
x
Senior Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2013
It won't be far off if you read my Tyco review. I was more responsible for field and product issues in my early stages of this position and that progressed to finding new product to replace 'old' product and/or to source products to provide solutions to Customers, which included Sales, Service and Installation teams. This is where reviewing new products came in and in preparing reports for pros/cons etc... Still my focus was on Customer satisfaction, providing timely solutions, products, problem solving etc ... and of course staying the course, the "whatever it takes to get the job done approach". we were extremely busy. Great people to work with over the years and although I worked independently on many projects during my years, many occassion involved teamwork, and those I always enjoyed and looked forward to. A great opportunity to share ideas and thoughts with other associates.
Nice Place.
Small Business Sales Rep (Current Employee), North & Southern OntarioFebruary 15, 2015
Good people. Just hard to start here fresh.
Learned Security
Good guys at top.
1-2 Leads per 2 weeks
Traveling is great. But Not enough money to live on.
very top heavy
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 12, 2012
Pros: great parking spot for hockey games!
Cons: brutal management
too many chiefs and not enough indians! More focused on personal gain rather then team spirit and get it done attitude! Motto is "COVER YOUR BUTT! They would rather lose an account then service it properly.
Fun environment
Administration Processor (Current Employee), calgaryMarch 8, 2014
Pros: flexible and understanding, will understand problems
Cons: no growth unless someone leaves
Management is very nice and down to earth. Treat staff like equals. A lot of the staff have been there long term.
Collections
Collections Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, AbDecember 17, 2012
Cons: no room for advancement
Collections Calls
Corresponding with Customers
Digging up information on previous accounts which have been paid but applied incorrectly
Backup for incoming calls
Learnt new computer system
OK place to work.
Collections/Customer Service, Accounts Receivable (Current Employee), Calgary, AB CanadaAugust 27, 2012
Pros: good retirement package.
Cons: company first, staff is at bottom of the list.
Co-workers are fun and nice to work with. Salary not bad for the type of work. Benefits are good.
Hard job with great trainers
Alarm Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: being able to sit and work.
Cons: long days.
ADT is a strict company that expects a lot out of their employees. They have a fantastic training class and help you every step of the way. Only tough part is being on time. If you clock in even 1 minute late you get written up. Three of those in one year leads to termination, which is why their turn-over rate is so high.
Basically, answering calls and contacting the correct authorities for the situation.
Didn't have much time to get to know other employees as they were all handling their own alarms.
fun,enjoyable, meet different type of people
Door -To-Door Sales Rep (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2012
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: door slamming in my face
cover neighborhood area going door-to-door. Meet new people present my presentation at their home. Answer questions about the product. Once lunch time comes around manager will pick the group up and we would have lunch. Co-workers were funny, enjoyable to be around, makes the day go by faster. Hardest part of the job was convincing people why they should have the alarm system for there home.
NICE COMPANY
SALES & CUSTOMER REALATIOS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), MississaugaDecember 12, 2012
ITS a good workplace but the Managers need to give more time to the new employees.
there should be base salary.
A very demanding position, responsable for quoating and the instillation of security equipment for clients Business and or residence.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Halifax, NS. CanadaApril 28, 2013
Pros: a feeling of a job well down!
Cons: not all clients see the importance of securing their business or home
Confirm my appointments that my office has set for me, Personally see each client and review suggestions I have presented to them as to the equipment, warranties, and all final costs...Have contract signed and set up a time for instillation of Security Equipment.
Headquarters