ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

What motivates me
Residential Re-sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON/ Toronto4 March 2016
I am happy to assist my customer if they trip the alarm by mistake and call even at mid of night. though it is not my job but the customer trust on me instead of calling call centre. I have got several appreciation letters from my customer which really keep me alive to strive for more.

the peace i get after a providing a best solution for them and their family.
OK place to work.
Collections/Customer Service, Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB Canada27 August 2012
Co-workers are fun and nice to work with. Salary not bad for the type of work. Benefits are good.
Pros
good retirement package.
Cons
company first, staff is at bottom of the list.
WORKING MODE
Sub Contract Purchasing Specialist- ADT UK (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, ENG21 April 2013
NO DAY IS THE SAME, EVERY DAY I HAVE A DIFFERENT CHALLENGE AND THATS WHAT I ENJOY ABOUT THE JOB I DO. I HAVE LEARNT I HAVE TO BE DIPOLMATIC AND HAVE A DIFFERENCE APPROACH TO VARIOUS SITUATIONS AND PEOPLE. MANAGEMENT OF PEOPLE THIS IS A SKILL WHICH IS ESSENTIAL WHEN MANAGING PEOPLE. MY CO WORKERS THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE TO WORK WITH. THEY COME FROM VARIED BACKGROUNDS.
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB CAN BE WHEN PEOPLE HAVE TO ALWAYS GO AGAINST THE PROCESS AND DELAY THE OUTPUT. DONT GIVE CORRECT INFORMATION IN RELATION TO THE JOB. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED AND SEEN THE JOB THROUGH WITH A OUTCOME THAT ALL ARE HAPPY WITH AND SEE THAT OTHERS ON THE SAME PAGE AS I AM.
Pros
worldwide company so opportunities maybe available
Cons
long hours at times
Great career skills gained
High Volume Sales (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV5 January 2016
Bubby is the best manager I have ever had. He was always supportive, helpful, and firm in doing this right and well. He is a great example of what the company has as a culture.

This was an awesome place to work. If you can self motivate yourself and work to produce this is a great opportunity.

Thanks ADT for accepting me into your training and making me a better man!!!
Pros
Experience, Opportunity, Making key contacts
Cons
Sink or swim based on your effort and results.
good
Account Rep Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto7 December 2014
the only draw back is the base salary very low and in the current economic not a good place for family persons to work.
NICE COMPANY
SALES & CUSTOMER REALATIOS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga12 December 2012
ITS a good workplace but the Managers need to give more time to the new employees.
there should be base salary.
Sucks
Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 March 2016
Worked there for week. Was laid off, they promised to send my cheque but never did.
There are two managers , one is Algerian original. During the two hours training he couldn't make one appointment and wanted us to get one immediately.
They will fool you off.
Executive Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2015
This is a great place to gain experience, I have learnt a lot from this company. Anyone that needs experience should definitely work at ADT.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Long Hours
Fun place to work, needs improvement regarding communication inside the company
Représentant des ventes (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC30 November 2015
Let's say this job is not for everyone. You don't have fixed hours, so you got to work "on your own", and you have to sell in order to be paid sufficiently. The hardest part about the job is to make cold calls and go door-to-door with the purpose of signing new clients. Other than that, it is very nice to meet new people almost everyday and make their life a little less stressful by securing their homes and businesses.
Pros
Decide your schedule
Cons
Travelling a lot in the province of QC to your own expense (basically)
Great Team work
Customer Service/ Retention (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 December 2015
We work hard to ensure our customers recieved the Best Service possible. Our team works together to ensure great Customer expierience.
Pros
Super Team work
Cons
No Managment
A great way to help people find peace of mind.
Part-time Customer Service (Current Employee) –  on-line12 August 2015
ADT offers a service I am proud to be a part of supplying. After having been exposed to Home Alarm Systems, and the comfort they provide to those using them is enormous.
The company is always changing systems and even back office processes so they keep us on our toes but all the changes are well thought out and efficiently implemented.
I was lucky enough to be one of a few people to be part of a new pilot program they later implemented and go to see the benefit of it from the ground up.
Management is always ready to assist and quick to respond if needed.
Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga13 October 2015
My typical day at work would be booking appointment with customers, taking complains, coordinating and assigning jobs to technicians, dealing with guard calls and confirming appointments for installation all over Canada. Staying there for a full years feels like Ive been there for 5 years, thats how much I learned. I've really developed myself and I am able to be professional and deal with difficult situations on the phone or in an office place. I've learnt to work fast while doing a great job. Co-workers are very important to me, I am very independent and work well alone but I am also a huge team player. I LOVE working to people, my co-workers and I weren't just co-workers but friends that will help each other to make the day easier. The hardest part of the job I would say was at the beginning taking about 150-180 calls in a row, as time passed by it became a lot earlier. The most enjoyable part of the job was having on the phone all our technicians all over Canada to keep your day entertaining all day.
successful, fast-paced, growing company
Inbound & Outbound Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2013
ADT is always looking for bright enthusiastic people to grow with us. Next to our customers, employees are ADT's most valuable assets. We hire quality people and provide them with an environment in which to grow. By providing career advancement, incentives, education and training programs, ADT has one of the highest employee retention rates in the industry.

With an intense focus on our commercial and residential customers' needs, ADT is quickly expanding its market share. To support this growth, we are looking for highly motivated, technically skilled, customer-focused individuals who want to be part of a winning team.

Local managers have great flexibility to grow their markets within broad guidelines. As a result, ADT associates enjoy a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture. Positive results are rewarded with generous incentive plans. The headquarters staff provides marketing and financial support, human resource programs, and a sophisticated technology infrastructure.
Customer service experience & police interaction
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2015
I deal with robbery, theft, skimming device installations, and assault image retrieving on a daily basis. Each situation is different, and it was exciting to be a part of the investigation.

Monitoring cameras gave me a sense of responsibility as security personnel.
Pros
Bankers hours
Cons
Inside an office at a computer every day made for a long day
Administrative Processor, National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2015
Same as Tyco as they were once company before but they recently separated this year. ADT was a great company to work for as well.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Long hours do to big projects
ok place for a junior sales person
business development (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB7 January 2016
a lot of cold calling and door knocking, more for a hunter mentality than a customer service mentality. They talked one company philosophy but practiced the opposite. Talked customer service all the time but was about making the sale at any cost and no follow up
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
all cold calling
just a place to work
Customer Service/ Account receivable (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 September 2012
I learned that although we could eliminate frustrated customers calling in that they had cancelled several months ago but we are still auto debiting their account although this could be an easy solution to eliminate this problem but management wasn't willing to take those steps to provide appropriate customer service, there were many other issues that I saw that the company could have avoided but decided instead yo pass the buck so that no one took ownership of the situation and provided a solution for it.
Pros
the social club sometimes provided free lunches, they had a good benefit package and rrsp program
Cons
if you have a dr appointment you had to make up the time during lunch or working late, if you came into work not feeling well you could nt go home, you had to finish your shift
Best Security Monitoring Company. Long hours and long drives, but great place to work!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 November 2013
Typical day is calling and running appointments either set by the company or set by me.

The work place is very professional. The sales support is excellent, and you represent the best security monitoring company in the world.

The best part is knowing you are helping people get their place secure and at the same time you are making a living out of it!
Pros
You can have your place secured with the best security monitoring system in the world.
Cons
Long hours and long drives to different client locations.
Great Company to work for
RESIDENTIAL HIGH VOLUME SALES (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 April 2012
ADT is a impressive company to work for. They truely spend alot of time and reasources to give all employees the best chance possible to succeed. The job is very rewarding but long hours. Many days are on the road, door to door, and cold calling. Be prepaired to work long hours.
Pros
amazing management staff
NON PRODUCTIVE COMPANY
SALES (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 February 2014
TYPICAL DAY WOULD START WITH A SALES MANAGEMENT CALL THAT TOOK 30 MINUTES DAILY. WE THEN WOULD GO TO OUR FIRST APPOINTMENT OR IF THERE WAS NON WE WOULD HAVE THE CHOICE TO GO DOOR KNOCKING AND HANGING FLYERS OR MAKE COLD CALLS FROM LEADS THAT WERE NOT QUALIFIED.
Pros
FREE COFFEE AT OFFICE
Cons
LONG HOURS AND LOUZY WAGES