ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
ADT Security Services
TECH 1+ (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: i had really good benefits at adt
Cons: the micro-management
I worked in the FSC (field support center) where we received calls from techs installing or done installing security systems in homes and small businesses. We either helped them with installation or confirmed signals and entered all account information and gave them confirmation of signals.

The pace was intense at times and Management thought Micro-management – more... was necessary, which made the job even more stressful than it needed to be. Other than that, there was recognition for many things and my co-workers were awesome. I miss them and we keep in touch.

Management did show appreciation for the crazy pace we performed at times by coming by with a free soda cart or a cookie or cupcake from time to time. We had many employee appreciation festivities and food while on the clock all though the year.

The hardest part was putting up with the inane micro-management setup by folks that don't and never have done the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere the immediate Management, Team Managers, kept around us most of the time. Always something positive going on or just an at-a-girl or a smile. – less
Sale, Sale, Sale
Home Alarm Sales (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2014
Sale or your out.
Company is driven by sales.
Have dealers that use old equipment. That don't take care of customer service.
Organized meetings with new and established clients
Small Business Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tampa FlOctober 15, 2014
Pros: 401k, health insurance, cell phone expence paid
• Organized meetings with new and established clients
• Conducted sales presentations and security risk assessments
• Followed up with owners to answer questions and resolve concerns
• Generated referrals and built rapport with each client
• Earned recognition for top sales performance
Awesome time spent there.
Residential High Volume Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pelham, ALOctober 14, 2014
The great thing about ADT is they teach you from day one to become succesful. Its up to the individual to bring it together.
This job is not for everyone.
Customer Serivce (Former Employee), Jacksonville, flOctober 14, 2014
Cons: they only do raises once a year and the maximum is 5% which is almost impossible
The management is never available to help. If you ask to many questions they look down on you. They want you to follow policy to the letter and then turn around and say everything is not black and white.

This was my first experience in a corporate atmosphere. It taught me to keep my mouth shut and head down.

I worked there for several years expecting – more... that with changes in management the environment would improve. I was wrong. Even after being promoted to a different department I felt trapped.

This place is like high school, if you are not in the in-crowd or sleeping your way to the top, you will go no where and struggle on a daily basis.The work load expectancy is unbearable and impossible. They want you to lie to customers, throw free stuff at them in hopes they will stay with the company.

My advise is to look elsewhere, but if you have no other choice use this company as a stepping stone and get out as soon as you can, it will only wear on your conscience and your mental health. – less
Good work environment
Commercial installation team manager (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTOctober 9, 2014
Managed and mentored Crews of technicians and managers. Prepared manpower projections and profitability reports. Setup training and continuing education for employees. Setup and maintained the apprentice program, providing the technicians to obtain and maintain their licenses required by state law. Establish and maintain guidelines assuring all state – more... and federal laws are being maintained. Advise and direct sales to deliver high quality installation and service solutions and provide the customer with accurate information of the products offered. Create a schedule of maintenance for all company vehicles and control the overhead of maintaining a fleet. Manage all logistics personnel and inventory control to achieve and maintain, customer expectations while controlling overhead and keeping inventory to a minimum. Constantly look for new talented potential employees. Present reports to upper management that provide vital information for future growth of the company and its employees.
Visit customers and jobsites to assure high standards and any customer concerns are being addressed. Also visiting jobsites to show support and presence to field technicians. Support employees of all levels to overcome the challenges that face them, this creates a positive work environment, and the ability for higher profit. – less
My co-workers and immediate supervisor made this job an enjoyable experience.
Monitoring Operator (Current Employee), Irving, TXOctober 9, 2014
Pros: co-workers and immediate supervisors
Cons: hours and policies
My co-workers and immediate supervisor made this job an enjoyable experience. The hours and policies made this job difficult.
Excellent work environment and opportunity for advacement
OSC Manager - California Region (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 8, 2014
Pros: empowerment to resolve issues
Cons: not really a con, but getting everyone on the same page to implement improvements is a challenge
Working with California regional and local management teams to build teamwork between my center and field management. I enjoy the teambuilding aspect of this job very much.

The hardest part of this job, although enjoyable, is implementing the culture change needed to improve customer retention and overall customer satisfaction.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 2, 2014
-Productive, on the phone all day
-constantly training, learning something new
-great coworkers, small bilingual team
Ever changing company that currently does not provide the feeling of job security that it once did
Dispute Management Specialist (Former Employee), Aurora, ColoradoSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: early shifts, highway access, pto
Cons: numbers based vs customer care, corporate policy, low morale
The ADT department that I worked in is campaigning a "Customer Obsessed Culture" initiative but fails to equip it's employees with the tools, training, or empowerment to fulfill this service to it's customers.

ADT was at one time an exceptional place to work with outstanding training, quality assurance and employee retention. Due to many changes in – more... management, policy and corporate structure, employee satisfaction appears to be diminishing.

It is both sad and frightening to see tenured knowledgeable coworkers leaving the company after five, ten and sometimes more years of service to the company.

The hardest part of the job is implementation of policy that does not make sense (as with many companies) but when those policies are perceived as ways to lower department morale it is disheartening.

The most enjoyable part of the company are the early shifts that are available for employees that enjoy working nontraditional hours (6:00 AM - 2:30 PM). – less
Large customer service center
Call Center Department Specialist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: in house cafeteria, flexible schedules, advancement
Cons: felt like a number, disorganized work atmostphere, quotas
I enjoyed working here, but you felt like a number. My job as an outbound specialist was important in having to respond to various alarms, most times, involving law enforcement. As an inbound specialist, I handled call made from customers who were disgruntled about their system or the service they had received from technical support.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 29, 2014
Enjoyed doing costumer service worked and improving on my data entry skills
ADT
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: good money/ benefits
Cons: short breaks, no work life balance, bad management, bad training, unfriendly/gossipy coworkers
This is a good company to work for if you are just in it for the money. However, it is a terrible place to work. It was actually in the Huffington Post top ten worst places to work. There is always mandatory overtime, and breaks are always reduced, to as low as five minute breaks. The entire staff is very unfriendly due to all of the terrible things – more... we have to deal with and exhaustion. The work/life balance is terrible, because it is impossible to get time off, even though it is a benefit. The hours are long and hard. I was working about fifty hours a week. The manager are never to be found. There are frequently problems with getting all of your commission. There are also contests to offer benefits, but even if you meet the requirement of the contest, nobody ever seems to get the bonus. Also take a look at the turnover rate, they have one of the worst. People are quitting or getting fired every single week. – less
Self discipline and shooting competition, then braai afterwards
Reaction Force Manager (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: i do not have free luch in my work place
Cons: my slogan is to finish what i have started.long hours does not matter.
When crime goes high, it creates lots of work for me the funy part of it is when the suspect is arrested, then one feel sorry for the way the suspect humble himself.

Disciplinaries lead to productive business.

my typical day at work was when the suspects missed me with 48 bullet while i was still a supevisor of armed response.

i have learned how – more... to stay calm on all different situations, e.g. screaming client, employee and even by top management.

it is very hard when trying to resolve complaint and the customer insist to cancell the contract and or if the sales department is not getting new contracts – less
A Busy Day/Life
Residential Security Consultant (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CaSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: car allowance plus milage, cell phone expense, ipad, benefits
Cons: commission pay
everyday we are to produce activities for new opportunities. We have daily short meetings with manager to go over my plan. I get mostly company appointed leads and its my duty to close everything we come to meet, if not at least 50% of appointments. Manager keeps us motivated and is always willing to help us close a deal. We work to strive individually – more... but also help each other out as well. Most enjoyable part is having the ability to help other and find solutions to one's security needs and budget. Not just that but working with a great team. – less
Great Place
Ancillary Product Sales Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TexasSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits, paid weekly with great incentive
Great place to work, co- workers are great made my day go by so fast. I was able to get promoted to new position very quickly. Benefits were wonderful. It does get very busy and having to deal with certain customers but its still wasn't too bad.
ADT Security
Field Support Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, flSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: help me to pay for classes while attending school
Cons: no room for advancement
• Collect and input of sales account
• Data entry of sales made by representatives
• Maintain and schedule appointments and installations
• Provided customers with product information and security upgrades
Work From Home
Sales Promoter (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 22, 2014
I am my own boss mostly, go out and around to different area promoting the products. Sometimes just promote through social media or cold calling.
Private Service Worker
Account Representative (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 22, 2014
I worked for an older couple who needed help with thing from landscaping to running errands for them. Wonderful people and was happy I could spend 4 years with them.
Solid company with tremendous engineering support
National Account Manager (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: fairly flexible schedules, and no micro management
Cons: adt had ruined their reputation and clients had a bad taste in their mouth.
My typical day consisted of cold calling on large corporations. I discovered a database full of larger clients tucked away by their corporate division and should have been national accounts.

I learned a ton about security systems, compliance, and convergence. I learned about a very long sales cycle, which would typically be from 6 months up to a year. – more... I had to learn to build long term relationships.

The management team was easily able to be reached, they would help in any way they could to assist you in being successful.

The hardest part of the job was that in our particular area, it was clear that ADT had really hurt its reputation. I was hired along with another sales person that had been in the industry for years, where I was pretty new. They had just as hard of a time breaking through and digging up new clients as I did.

The best part about the job was actually being in the trenches and winning that first job. You know you had a mountain to overcome, but when you got that first large client, it was a huge success. – less

About ADT Security Services

For more than a century, ADT has been one of today’s most trusted, well known brands in the industry. Today, we serve more – Read more

ADT Security Services Photos