ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Customer service experience & police interaction
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2015
I deal with robbery, theft, skimming device installations, and assault image retrieving on a daily basis. Each situation is different, and it was exciting to be a part of the investigation.

Monitoring cameras gave me a sense of responsibility as security personnel.
Pros
Bankers hours
Cons
Inside an office at a computer every day made for a long day
Great Team work
Customer Service/ Retention (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 December 2015
We work hard to ensure our customers recieved the Best Service possible. Our team works together to ensure great Customer expierience.
Pros
Super Team work
Cons
No Managment
Just wasn't for me
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 December 2015
Overall good company, but the position I held just wasn't for me. I am used to an office setting and this was setup more as a call centre.
Fun place to work, needs improvement regarding communication inside the company
Représentant des ventes (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC30 November 2015
Let's say this job is not for everyone. You don't have fixed hours, so you got to work "on your own", and you have to sell in order to be paid sufficiently. The hardest part about the job is to make cold calls and go door-to-door with the purpose of signing new clients. Other than that, it is very nice to meet new people almost everyday and make their life a little less stressful by securing their homes and businesses.
Pros
Decide your schedule
Cons
Travelling a lot in the province of QC to your own expense (basically)
if you like or dont mind outside sales and cold calling its great!
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2015
high pressure low return for your work.
they will tell you you have 6 figure potential, but to even make close to $60,000 per year you will need to work 10-12 hour days 7 days a week.
fuel costs are mostly out of pocket.
alot of unnecessary bureaucracy, high turn over rate in the sales department due to lack of management interpersonal ability.
Pros
good benefits package.
Cons
listed above
Executive Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2015
This is a great place to gain experience, I have learnt a lot from this company. Anyone that needs experience should definitely work at ADT.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Long Hours
Administrative Processor, National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2015
Same as Tyco as they were once company before but they recently separated this year. ADT was a great company to work for as well.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Long hours do to big projects
Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga13 October 2015
My typical day at work would be booking appointment with customers, taking complains, coordinating and assigning jobs to technicians, dealing with guard calls and confirming appointments for installation all over Canada. Staying there for a full years feels like Ive been there for 5 years, thats how much I learned. I've really developed myself and I am able to be professional and deal with difficult situations on the phone or in an office place. I've learnt to work fast while doing a great job. Co-workers are very important to me, I am very independent and work well alone but I am also a huge team player. I LOVE working to people, my co-workers and I weren't just co-workers but friends that will help each other to make the day easier. The hardest part of the job I would say was at the beginning taking about 150-180 calls in a row, as time passed by it became a lot earlier. The most enjoyable part of the job was having on the phone all our technicians all over Canada to keep your day entertaining all day.
A very rewarding career!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Western Ontario22 September 2015
I enjoyed working with ADT for over 20 years for most of my working career. The only reason I left, was to work in a family business.
good steady job for someone who's not looking for a challenge
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2015
Good people and easy job but not very challenging. Lots of training and helpful people to assist. Wages were not very good and hours could be awful at times.
Pros
good people
Cons
hours and wage
Can make a decent living however expect to work min.13 hours every day.
Sales Repesentative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 September 2015
Not recommended.

You will work many hours driving across many distances.
Top 10 percent will earn 90 percent of commissions. The rest will struggle looking for leads to sell.
Pros
Commissions
Cons
13 hour day- 6 days a week
Saving lives
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 September 2015
It's always good to save lives, and keep people safe, but that is such a small portion of the job, and we get little to no feedback as far as how actual events turn out. The best and worst part of the job is being part of a union -- good pay and benefits, but very political.
Pros
double-time paid overtime, amazing benefits
Cons
intra-office politics
Senior Technician
Senior Commercial Technician (Former Employee) –  March, ON19 August 2015
I started working with ADT since Houston Texas in 2003 originally was Brinks Home Security, later that time was bought out by ADT. on 2011 we decided to move to Canada after Houston suffered from recession, I was able to be transfer to the branch of Calgary Alberta, where i worked for over 1 year as a senior technician.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
N/A
productive workplace
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 August 2015
excellent work environment, learnt lots about customer service and accounting. co-workers worked together as a team and were always willing to help on and other.
Pros
great team
Cons
job tends to repeat itself
A great way to help people find peace of mind.
Part-time Customer Service (Current Employee) –  on-line12 August 2015
ADT offers a service I am proud to be a part of supplying. After having been exposed to Home Alarm Systems, and the comfort they provide to those using them is enormous.
The company is always changing systems and even back office processes so they keep us on our toes but all the changes are well thought out and efficiently implemented.
I was lucky enough to be one of a few people to be part of a new pilot program they later implemented and go to see the benefit of it from the ground up.
Management is always ready to assist and quick to respond if needed.
Great company with tons of potential
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 June 2015
My favorite part about working at ADT is my co-workers and the management. My Manager is very approachable and easy to talk to!.
She is the best Manager i had in my career
Pros
Great atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, quality benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance is a bit off, but only due to volume of work not to any pressure applied by management
Great company, tons of fun to work for.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 May 2015
I had a lot of fun here, however the management in the field was a little shady at times. But all in all, not bad. Travelling and staying overnight was a cool experience
Pros
Travel and overnight trips
Cons
minimun wage
ADT Security Systems
Level II Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 May 2015
I was able learn about sales and commission at this workplace. I was also able to learn the fundamental components of home security systems.
Pros
Great work environment.Bright office space
Cons
Very expericenced co- worker conflictions. Did not appreciate change.
Experience
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2015
Was a good Experience and i learned alot. Each day had its own chalenges but it was a good feeling accomplishing the goals set in place.
Fun place to work with a great group of co-workers
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL20 March 2015
Management is in NS which makes things hard at times on a daily basis. Need a local branch manager to oversee the daily admin., etc in local branch
Pros
Discounts on alarm systems/services
Cons
Management located on mainland

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval