ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews in Canada

OK place to work.
Collections/Customer Service, Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB CanadaAugust 27, 2012
Co-workers are fun and nice to work with. Salary not bad for the type of work. Benefits are good.
Pros
good retirement package.
Cons
company first, staff is at bottom of the list.
WORKING MODE
Sub Contract Purchasing Specialist- ADT UK (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, ENGApril 21, 2013
NO DAY IS THE SAME, EVERY DAY I HAVE A DIFFERENT CHALLENGE AND THATS WHAT I ENJOY ABOUT THE JOB I DO. I HAVE LEARNT I HAVE TO BE DIPOLMATIC AND HAVE A DIFFERENCE APPROACH TO VARIOUS SITUATIONS AND PEOPLE. MANAGEMENT OF PEOPLE THIS IS A SKILL WHICH IS ESSENTIAL WHEN MANAGING PEOPLE. MY CO WORKERS THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE TO WORK WITH. THEY COME FROM VARIED BACKGROUNDS.
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB CAN BE WHEN PEOPLE HAVE TO ALWAYS GO AGAINST THE PROCESS AND DELAY THE OUTPUT. DONT GIVE CORRECT INFORMATION IN RELATION TO THE JOB. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED AND SEEN THE JOB THROUGH WITH A OUTCOME THAT ALL ARE HAPPY WITH AND SEE THAT OTHERS ON THE SAME PAGE AS I AM.
Pros
worldwide company so opportunities maybe available
Cons
long hours at times
NICE COMPANY
SALES & CUSTOMER REALATIOS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  MississaugaDecember 12, 2012
ITS a good workplace but the Managers need to give more time to the new employees.
there should be base salary.
Can make a decent living however expect to work min.13 hours every day.
Sales Repesentative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 4, 2015
Not recommended.

You will work many hours driving across many distances.
Top 10 percent will earn 90 percent of commissions. The rest will struggle looking for leads to sell.
Pros
Commissions
Cons
13 hour day- 6 days a week
Senior Technician
Senior Commercial Technician (Former Employee) –  March, ONAugust 19, 2015
I started working with ADT since Houston Texas in 2003 originally was Brinks Home Security, later that time was bought out by ADT. on 2011 we decided to move to Canada after Houston suffered from recession, I was able to be transfer to the branch of Calgary Alberta, where i worked for over 1 year as a senior technician.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
N/A
successful, fast-paced, growing company
Inbound & Outbound Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 30, 2013
ADT is always looking for bright enthusiastic people to grow with us. Next to our customers, employees are ADT's most valuable assets. We hire quality people and provide them with an environment in which to grow. By providing career advancement, incentives, education and training programs, ADT has one of the highest employee retention rates in the industry.

With an intense focus on our commercial and residential customers' needs, ADT is quickly expanding its market share. To support this growth, we are looking for highly motivated, technically skilled, customer-focused individuals who want to be part of a winning team.

Local managers have great flexibility to grow their markets within broad guidelines. As a result, ADT associates enjoy a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture. Positive results are rewarded with generous incentive plans. The headquarters staff provides marketing and financial support, human resource programs, and a sophisticated technology infrastructure.
productive workplace
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 18, 2015
excellent work environment, learnt lots about customer service and accounting. co-workers worked together as a team and were always willing to help on and other.
Pros
great team
Cons
job tends to repeat itself
Great company, tons of fun to work for.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 22, 2015
I had a lot of fun here, however the management in the field was a little shady at times. But all in all, not bad. Travelling and staying overnight was a cool experience
Pros
Travel and overnight trips
Cons
minimun wage
just a place to work
Customer Service/ Account receivable (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 27, 2012
I learned that although we could eliminate frustrated customers calling in that they had cancelled several months ago but we are still auto debiting their account although this could be an easy solution to eliminate this problem but management wasn't willing to take those steps to provide appropriate customer service, there were many other issues that I saw that the company could have avoided but decided instead yo pass the buck so that no one took ownership of the situation and provided a solution for it.
Pros
the social club sometimes provided free lunches, they had a good benefit package and rrsp program
Cons
if you have a dr appointment you had to make up the time during lunch or working late, if you came into work not feeling well you could nt go home, you had to finish your shift
Great Company to work for
RESIDENTIAL HIGH VOLUME SALES (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 18, 2012
ADT is a impressive company to work for. They truely spend alot of time and reasources to give all employees the best chance possible to succeed. The job is very rewarding but long hours. Many days are on the road, door to door, and cold calling. Be prepaired to work long hours.
Pros
amazing management staff
Cons
Best Security Monitoring Company. Long hours and long drives, but great place to work!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 8, 2013
Typical day is calling and running appointments either set by the company or set by me.

The work place is very professional. The sales support is excellent, and you represent the best security monitoring company in the world.

The best part is knowing you are helping people get their place secure and at the same time you are making a living out of it!
Pros
you can have your place secured with the best security monitoring system in the world.
Cons
long hours and long drives to different client locations.
Working from a queue, measured on stats
Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 21, 2014
While working as a dispatcher for ADT there was no interest in having me trouble shoot issues over the phone that could have lessoned the amount of actual required service visits, they only wanted to get appointments booked, charges confirmed, and the customer off the phone as quickly as possible.

During my year employment I felt more like a robot than a contributing employee.
Pros
pizza lunches from time to time
Cons
bad hours, no option for career advancement
Relaxed working environment with an approachable manager
Operations Support Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Shifts were either 8:30 to 4:30 or 12-8 pm.
The main functions of the department I was a part of was customer service, technical support for our technicians, and downloading and programming of customers' panels.
Management was okay but did not address some issues that should have been addressed.
In general it was a relaxed place to work with good co-workers
NON PRODUCTIVE COMPANY
SALES (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 26, 2014
TYPICAL DAY WOULD START WITH A SALES MANAGEMENT CALL THAT TOOK 30 MINUTES DAILY. WE THEN WOULD GO TO OUR FIRST APPOINTMENT OR IF THERE WAS NON WE WOULD HAVE THE CHOICE TO GO DOOR KNOCKING AND HANGING FLYERS OR MAKE COLD CALLS FROM LEADS THAT WERE NOT QUALIFIED.
Pros
free coffee at office
Cons
long hours and louzy wages
Fun place to work with a great group of co-workers
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMarch 20, 2015
Management is in NS which makes things hard at times on a daily basis. Need a local branch manager to oversee the daily admin., etc in local branch
Pros
discounts on alarm systems/services
Cons
management located on mainland
ADT Security Systems
Level II Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 11, 2015
I was able learn about sales and commission at this workplace. I was also able to learn the fundamental components of home security systems.
Pros
Great work environment.Bright office space
Cons
Very expericenced co- worker conflictions. Did not appreciate change.
Pitch
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2015
I work with the whole team. We had to go out the field looking for a customer to Sales our company products to a customers. We promote an Alarm system to a residents and commercial to set up an alarm system to secure
Pros
our owner luches
x
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2013
It won't be far off if you read my Tyco review. I was more responsible for field and product issues in my early stages of this position and that progressed to finding new product to replace 'old' product and/or to source products to provide solutions to Customers, which included Sales, Service and Installation teams. This is where reviewing new products came in and in preparing reports for pros/cons etc... Still my focus was on Customer satisfaction, providing timely solutions, products, problem solving etc ... and of course staying the course, the "whatever it takes to get the job done approach". we were extremely busy. Great people to work with over the years and although I worked independently on many projects during my years, many occassion involved teamwork, and those I always enjoyed and looked forward to. A great opportunity to share ideas and thoughts with other associates.
Great Customers and help them identify their needs
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2015
As a people person, the most enjoyable part of the job was to do what I like: working with people, helping and enjoying customers and my co-workers, be a team player, doing bookkeeping and operate office equipment, achieve all key objectives established by the Company, be a role model within Business by promoting the institution's products and services at every possible opportunity etc...
Productive days made for fast work days
Alarm Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2014
Typical day started at 6:00am and ended at 2:00pm
I learned proper phone etiquette, how to communicate effectively with customers and emergency dispatchers.
The management was inconsistent.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers
The hardest part of the job was the start time of 6:00am
The most enjoyable part was being paid weekly and the days went by very fast.
Pros
overtime was available
Cons
early mornings