ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  MississaugaOctober 13, 2015
My typical day at work would be booking appointment with customers, taking complains, coordinating and assigning jobs to technicians, dealing with guard calls and confirming appointments for installation all over Canada. Staying there for a full years feels like Ive been there for 5 years, thats how much I learned. I've really developed myself and I am able to be professional and deal with difficult situations on the phone or in an office place. I've learnt to work fast while doing a great job. Co-workers are very important to me, I am very independent and work well alone but I am also a huge team player. I LOVE working to people, my co-workers and I weren't just co-workers but friends that will help each other to make the day easier. The hardest part of the job I would say was at the beginning taking about 150-180 calls in a row, as time passed by it became a lot earlier. The most enjoyable part of the job was having on the phone all our technicians all over Canada to keep your day entertaining all day.
ok place for a junior sales person
business development (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJanuary 7, 2016
a lot of cold calling and door knocking, more for a hunter mentality than a customer service mentality. They talked one company philosophy but practiced the opposite. Talked customer service all the time but was about making the sale at any cost and no follow up
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
all cold calling
Soul Crushing Call Center Grind
Call center, dispatch and tech support. (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 23, 2015
* Long hours, little reward for higher performers.

* Extremely harsh sick day policy, coupled with dirty shared work stations and a cramped open concept office.

*Management treats workers with contempt and as an expendable commodity.

*Hardest part of the job is dealing with management, they set constantly shifting goalposts and have often unreasonable expectations.

*Hard to get to know co-workers due to 50% or greater annual turn-over. There are bullies and management favorites that don't have to work as hard and are often off doing unnecessary fringe tasks, chatting or just idling, while the less favored staff pick up their slack.

Save yourself a headache and work somewhere that values their workforce. This place is a meat-grinder.
Cons
unpaid lunch. mechanical noise in break room. no shift rotation.
Toxic culture with terrible, unprofessional management
Administrative Processor II (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2014
Pay is below average, benefits are okay/ standard

Management is paid well and completely out of touch with employees

Inappropriate relationships between management and staff, specifically in Admin department

Frequent workplace bullying

High turnover in Admin (5 people on a staff of 7 were fired this year)

Zero chance for advancement and there is one barely noticeable raise per year, and only one person on the team gets it.
Pros
leaving there is awesome
Cons
everything
A very rewarding career!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Western OntarioSeptember 22, 2015
I enjoyed working with ADT for over 20 years for most of my working career. The only reason I left, was to work in a family business.
Just wasn't for me
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 10, 2015
Overall good company, but the position I held just wasn't for me. I am used to an office setting and this was setup more as a call centre.
Average office Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  AlbertaSeptember 28, 2013
ADT is not one of Canada's 100 companies. But is your average office job. The hours are good (typical 9-5). There's benefits and decent pay. Only management gets options for bonuses. Advancement is possible. The hardest part is no formal trying or similarity across the country. Every office has its own protocol so dealing with issues between branches can be difficult when everything is done different everywhere.
Pros
lunch and learns, benefits
Cons
no formal training, branches are all ran differently
WORKING MODE
Sub Contract Purchasing Specialist- ADT UK (Current Employee) –  Sunbury, ENGApril 21, 2013
NO DAY IS THE SAME, EVERY DAY I HAVE A DIFFERENT CHALLENGE AND THATS WHAT I ENJOY ABOUT THE JOB I DO. I HAVE LEARNT I HAVE TO BE DIPOLMATIC AND HAVE A DIFFERENCE APPROACH TO VARIOUS SITUATIONS AND PEOPLE. MANAGEMENT OF PEOPLE THIS IS A SKILL WHICH IS ESSENTIAL WHEN MANAGING PEOPLE. MY CO WORKERS THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE TO WORK WITH. THEY COME FROM VARIED BACKGROUNDS.
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB CAN BE WHEN PEOPLE HAVE TO ALWAYS GO AGAINST THE PROCESS AND DELAY THE OUTPUT. DONT GIVE CORRECT INFORMATION IN RELATION TO THE JOB. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED AND SEEN THE JOB THROUGH WITH A OUTCOME THAT ALL ARE HAPPY WITH AND SEE THAT OTHERS ON THE SAME PAGE AS I AM.
Pros
worldwide company so opportunities maybe available
Cons
long hours at times
Great salary and benefits but lacking customer service
Residential Representative (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMarch 10, 2015
ADT sales is a very easy way to make a living if you want a job that doesn't allow you to think for yourself, that mandates what you do with your work day into your personal time and that promotes selling no matter what their customer service is like.
If you want to go through life making a half decent salary without really trying to sell anything, but simply make their robo calls every week then this is definetely a job for you.
The company has a great compensation plan, great benefits and not so great training.
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
customer service is lacking
Great place to develop learning skills
Director- Finance, Canada (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OnMay 27, 2014
Always trying to improve process using existing systems which are very user friendly. There is a tonne of opportunity to learn full cycle business and Accounting. Co-workers are very helpful. Compensation is competitive.
Pros
great training ground to develop skills
Cons
long hours some times
successful, fast-paced, growing company
Inbound & Outbound Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 30, 2013
ADT is always looking for bright enthusiastic people to grow with us. Next to our customers, employees are ADT's most valuable assets. We hire quality people and provide them with an environment in which to grow. By providing career advancement, incentives, education and training programs, ADT has one of the highest employee retention rates in the industry.

With an intense focus on our commercial and residential customers' needs, ADT is quickly expanding its market share. To support this growth, we are looking for highly motivated, technically skilled, customer-focused individuals who want to be part of a winning team.

Local managers have great flexibility to grow their markets within broad guidelines. As a result, ADT associates enjoy a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture. Positive results are rewarded with generous incentive plans. The headquarters staff provides marketing and financial support, human resource programs, and a sophisticated technology infrastructure.
Senior Technician
Senior Commercial Technician (Former Employee) –  March, ONAugust 19, 2015
I started working with ADT since Houston Texas in 2003 originally was Brinks Home Security, later that time was bought out by ADT. on 2011 we decided to move to Canada after Houston suffered from recession, I was able to be transfer to the branch of Calgary Alberta, where i worked for over 1 year as a senior technician.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
N/A
good steady job for someone who's not looking for a challenge
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2015
Good people and easy job but not very challenging. Lots of training and helpful people to assist. Wages were not very good and hours could be awful at times.
Pros
good people
Cons
hours and wage
Can make a decent living however expect to work min.13 hours every day.
Sales Repesentative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 4, 2015
Not recommended.

You will work many hours driving across many distances.
Top 10 percent will earn 90 percent of commissions. The rest will struggle looking for leads to sell.
Pros
Commissions
Cons
13 hour day- 6 days a week
Great company, tons of fun to work for.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 22, 2015
I had a lot of fun here, however the management in the field was a little shady at times. But all in all, not bad. Travelling and staying overnight was a cool experience
Pros
Travel and overnight trips
Cons
minimun wage
productive workplace
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 18, 2015
excellent work environment, learnt lots about customer service and accounting. co-workers worked together as a team and were always willing to help on and other.
Pros
great team
Cons
job tends to repeat itself
Relaxed working environment with an approachable manager
Operations Support Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Shifts were either 8:30 to 4:30 or 12-8 pm.
The main functions of the department I was a part of was customer service, technical support for our technicians, and downloading and programming of customers' panels.
Management was okay but did not address some issues that should have been addressed.
In general it was a relaxed place to work with good co-workers
worst experience ever
customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 28, 2014
the worst I've ever been treated by an employer
1. they play favourites
2. nothing not even 0.1% of the day and night work that's done is appreciated
3. the pay is only a small portion of what is deserved
4. too many expectations eg. calls are marked every week and they time how long your off on a break for example if you're late 2 minutes on a 15 minute break that's a disaster
5. your requests are NEVER taken inyo consideration
6. team managers only card about their own bonus
7. the atmosphere is depressing
8. routine work its like slavery
9. no incentives whatsoever
10. managers up your a** throughout your whole shift
oh yea no holidays off
the list can ho on and on
Pros
only thr benefits
Cons
everything else
Great Company to work for
RESIDENTIAL HIGH VOLUME SALES (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 18, 2012
ADT is a impressive company to work for. They truely spend alot of time and reasources to give all employees the best chance possible to succeed. The job is very rewarding but long hours. Many days are on the road, door to door, and cold calling. Be prepaired to work long hours.
Pros
amazing management staff
NON PRODUCTIVE COMPANY
SALES (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 26, 2014
TYPICAL DAY WOULD START WITH A SALES MANAGEMENT CALL THAT TOOK 30 MINUTES DAILY. WE THEN WOULD GO TO OUR FIRST APPOINTMENT OR IF THERE WAS NON WE WOULD HAVE THE CHOICE TO GO DOOR KNOCKING AND HANGING FLYERS OR MAKE COLD CALLS FROM LEADS THAT WERE NOT QUALIFIED.
Pros
free coffee at office
Cons
long hours and louzy wages