ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Great company with tons of potential
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 26, 2015
My favorite part about working at ADT is my co-workers and the management. My Manager is very approachable and easy to talk to!.
She is the best Manager i had in my career
Pros
Great atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, quality benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance is a bit off, but only due to volume of work not to any pressure applied by management
productive workplace
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 18, 2015
excellent work environment, learnt lots about customer service and accounting. co-workers worked together as a team and were always willing to help on and other.
Pros
great team
Cons
job tends to repeat itself
A very rewarding career!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Western OntarioSeptember 22, 2015
I enjoyed working with ADT for over 20 years for most of my working career. The only reason I left, was to work in a family business.
ADT Security Systems
Level II Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCMay 11, 2015
I was able learn about sales and commission at this workplace. I was also able to learn the fundamental components of home security systems.
Pros
Great work environment.Bright office space
Cons
Very expericenced co- worker conflictions. Did not appreciate change.
Great salary and benefits but lacking customer service
Residential Representative (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMarch 10, 2015
ADT sales is a very easy way to make a living if you want a job that doesn't allow you to think for yourself, that mandates what you do with your work day into your personal time and that promotes selling no matter what their customer service is like.
If you want to go through life making a half decent salary without really trying to sell anything, but simply make their robo calls every week then this is definetely a job for you.
The company has a great compensation plan, great benefits and not so great training.
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
customer service is lacking
Great company, tons of fun to work for.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 22, 2015
I had a lot of fun here, however the management in the field was a little shady at times. But all in all, not bad. Travelling and staying overnight was a cool experience
Pros
Travel and overnight trips
Cons
minimun wage
Great Customers and help them identify their needs
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2015
As a people person, the most enjoyable part of the job was to do what I like: working with people, helping and enjoying customers and my co-workers, be a team player, doing bookkeeping and operate office equipment, achieve all key objectives established by the Company, be a role model within Business by promoting the institution's products and services at every possible opportunity etc...
Relaxed working environment with an approachable manager
Operations Support Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Shifts were either 8:30 to 4:30 or 12-8 pm.
The main functions of the department I was a part of was customer service, technical support for our technicians, and downloading and programming of customers' panels.
Management was okay but did not address some issues that should have been addressed.
In general it was a relaxed place to work with good co-workers
Soul Crushing Call Center Grind
Call center, dispatch and tech support. (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 23, 2015
* Long hours, little reward for higher performers.

* Extremely harsh sick day policy, coupled with dirty shared work stations and a cramped open concept office.

*Management treats workers with contempt and as an expendable commodity.

*Hardest part of the job is dealing with management, they set constantly shifting goalposts and have often unreasonable expectations.

*Hard to get to know co-workers due to 50% or greater annual turn-over. There are bullies and management favorites that don't have to work as hard and are often off doing unnecessary fringe tasks, chatting or just idling, while the less favored staff pick up their slack.

Save yourself a headache and work somewhere that values their workforce. This place is a meat-grinder.
Cons
unpaid lunch. mechanical noise in break room. no shift rotation.
Fun place to work with a great group of co-workers
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMarch 20, 2015
Management is in NS which makes things hard at times on a daily basis. Need a local branch manager to oversee the daily admin., etc in local branch
Pros
discounts on alarm systems/services
Cons
management located on mainland
Working from a queue, measured on stats
Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 21, 2014
While working as a dispatcher for ADT there was no interest in having me trouble shoot issues over the phone that could have lessoned the amount of actual required service visits, they only wanted to get appointments booked, charges confirmed, and the customer off the phone as quickly as possible.

During my year employment I felt more like a robot than a contributing employee.
Pros
pizza lunches from time to time
Cons
bad hours, no option for career advancement
Toxic culture with terrible, unprofessional management
Administrative Processor II (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2014
Pay is below average, benefits are okay/ standard

Management is paid well and completely out of touch with employees

Inappropriate relationships between management and staff, specifically in Admin department

Frequent workplace bullying

High turnover in Admin (5 people on a staff of 7 were fired this year)

Zero chance for advancement and there is one barely noticeable raise per year, and only one person on the team gets it.
Pros
leaving there is awesome
Cons
everything
Fun, freedom of working hours.
Commercial Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 20, 2015
Proud to promote ADT brand and solutions
Work environment like an entrepreneur, build client base then cultivate success.
Freedom of working hours, this comes with responsibilities though.
Pitch
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2015
I work with the whole team. We had to go out the field looking for a customer to Sales our company products to a customers. We promote an Alarm system to a residents and commercial to set up an alarm system to secure
Pros
our owner luches
worst experience ever
customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 28, 2014
the worst I've ever been treated by an employer
1. they play favourites
2. nothing not even 0.1% of the day and night work that's done is appreciated
3. the pay is only a small portion of what is deserved
4. too many expectations eg. calls are marked every week and they time how long your off on a break for example if you're late 2 minutes on a 15 minute break that's a disaster
5. your requests are NEVER taken inyo consideration
6. team managers only card about their own bonus
7. the atmosphere is depressing
8. routine work its like slavery
9. no incentives whatsoever
10. managers up your a** throughout your whole shift
oh yea no holidays off
the list can ho on and on
Pros
only thr benefits
Cons
everything else
Positive and engaging work environment
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 23, 2014
The line of work is very important because we protect our customers and their properties. The work environment is always very positive and the management is very supportive and always willing to help.
Experience
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2015
Was a good Experience and i learned alot. Each day had its own chalenges but it was a good feeling accomplishing the goals set in place.
Hard job with great trainers
Alarm Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2014
ADT is a strict company that expects a lot out of their employees. They have a fantastic training class and help you every step of the way. Only tough part is being on time. If you clock in even 1 minute late you get written up. Three of those in one year leads to termination, which is why their turn-over rate is so high.
Basically, answering calls and contacting the correct authorities for the situation.
Didn't have much time to get to know other employees as they were all handling their own alarms.
Pros
being able to sit and work.
Cons
long days.
Productive days made for fast work days
Alarm Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2014
Typical day started at 6:00am and ended at 2:00pm
I learned proper phone etiquette, how to communicate effectively with customers and emergency dispatchers.
The management was inconsistent.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers
The hardest part of the job was the start time of 6:00am
The most enjoyable part was being paid weekly and the days went by very fast.
Pros
overtime was available
Cons
early mornings
Best Security Monitoring Company. Long hours and long drives, but great place to work!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 8, 2013
Typical day is calling and running appointments either set by the company or set by me.

The work place is very professional. The sales support is excellent, and you represent the best security monitoring company in the world.

The best part is knowing you are helping people get their place secure and at the same time you are making a living out of it!
Pros
you can have your place secured with the best security monitoring system in the world.
Cons
long hours and long drives to different client locations.