ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Meh
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2013
It was okay. A lot going good for the company but a lot of negatives. I overall enjoyed my time at ADT. Kind of a lousy company.
fair work place
Security Guard (Current Employee), torrance, caNovember 13, 2012
Pros: being outside
Cons: job too far with unfair pay rates & lots of unfair rules regarding employees
days are fair but the distance is on your mind throughout the day.
you learn that a lot of cool people can be very rude but for the most part you meet lots of cool people
very top heavy
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 12, 2012
Pros: great parking spot for hockey games!
Cons: brutal management
too many chiefs and not enough indians! More focused on personal gain rather then team spirit and get it done attitude! Motto is "COVER YOUR BUTT! They would rather lose an account then service it properly.
Overwhelmed
Installation Coordinator / Admin Processor (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 24, 2015
I loved the busy environment but this was one of those jobs you could never catch up. I had so much on my plate, I would go in early and stay late and never get caught up.
NA
Small Business Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Work hard and it will pay off. Support is there if you know how to get it.
Productive , enjoyable place to work.
Operation Support Team Manager/HR Coordinator (Former Employee), Norfolk VirginiaJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: was able to transfer within organization, with adt 17 years total, worked 3 years in charleston sc and 14 in norfolk va
ADT LLC a typical day at work would include ensuring we took care of our customers which often requires TEAM-work. Team enjoyed working together to get it done.
Emergency Dispatch was simple
Emergency Dispatch Operator- Urgently (Former Employee), West Henrietta, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Day consisted of handling 150 emergency dispatch calls, easy to make mistakes and be penalized.
great starter
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 13, 2015
great training, get an ipad, plus have cell phone and gas alloted. tuff getting more customers lots of cheaper competition.
1099 commission
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJanuary 13, 2015
door to door, cold cal selling in residential neighborhoods. Was forced to push customers into buying our services and proudcts.
decisoins for compnay are not well thought out
Home Owner Association Rep. Devcon (Former Employee), Hollywood, FL.January 13, 2015
the co workers were awesome , Management however was very poor, the employees were not listened to at all for ideas on how to make their working days less stressful.
unsatisfactory culture
Commercial Service Manager (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 12, 2015
Cons: poor culture, unprofessional leadership
ADT has very bad management. lame implementation of modern business methods - ie, LEAN and 6-Sigma are merely window-dressing in this company at the branch level.

Branch personnel are entrenched in personal drama, nepotism, and sophomoric clique-behavior. Very unprofessional business culture in Tempe, AZ.

You will not encounter any educated technical staff at branch level - it is an intellectual wasteland.
Installation, Troubleshoot, Repair Alarm Systems
Alarm Technician (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CaJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: analizing and repairing system problems
Cons: long days and a clueless management
Typical day started 7 am. Received jobs on hand held device.
Traveled to job sites trouble shoot alarm systems and repaired as needed.
Learned that there are a lot of deferent types of alarm systems out there and there programming is quite different.
It was fun to learn about the different systems and reason through how to repair them.
The hardest part of the job was to be thrown into a situation where I knew nothing about a particular alarm system and was told to hurry up and fix it and get to the next job.
People who know nothing about electronics or programming should not be in charge of people who do.
The most enjoyable part of the job was analyzing a problem, narrowing down the possibilities and eliminating them until the solution is found and the system back to being fully functional.
This company paid well and had great position advancement in the company.
Emergency Dispatch Operator/Customer Service (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 8, 2015
This is a good company with great pay and advancement. I had a break in working for the company for a few months because I went out of country but came back and got in due to a great unit manager who is with the company.
Well run company
Small Business Sales Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: awesome leadership at the corporate level
Cons: no cons...
I enjoyed working at ADT a lot because for the most part the company runs like a fine tuned machine and the true leadership of the company is constantly looking for the best ways to make sales peoples jobs easier; which is great!

I learned a lot about the values of ADT, security alarms, cameras and card access.

The company may want to invest a little more time developing the integrity of the sales managers because they play an important role in the process of grooming talent (so to speak) as well as the functioning liaison between the regional managers, the feet-on-the-streets and actual customers. It's obviously a delicate balance and crucial for keeping a team together.

Co-Workers are co-workers; you have good ones and bad ones. I learned its okay to be friends and do volunteer work with co-workers that share the same interests as you, but just because you work for a security company doesn't mean you should ever let your guard down.

The hardest part of the job was knowing when to stop working, go home and get some rest.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping small business owners provide a safe place for their employees to work using established best practices and, of course, protecting their assets.
unproductive and not fun
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: schedules, job security, stressful, non smoking
great place to work if ur only in need of a paycheck.. alot of nice people working there but the job itself is non stop back to back calls from angry customers
ADT
Account service associate (Current Employee), jacksonville FlJanuary 5, 2015
Cons: no room for advancement
ADT is good for a entry level position. the mangers are the worst, they don't want to help you. now that I have my customer service experience I am leaving.
Horrible experience
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee), Rochester, NyJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great communication with team members
Cons: filthy place to work
Lack of management, facilities were so dirty that OSHA was actually contacted before the company took steps to clean up the facility, making it a safer place to work.
Processor I (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: get paid weekly
Cons: very difficult to take time off, not willing to be flexible
Learned how to process contracts and became more familiar with using SAP software.
Meeting great co-workers and customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: healthcare, shifts and my meeting nice customers
Cons: short breaks, no recognition for a great job
I enjoyed getting up on a daily basis coming to work. I enjoyed my co-workers. My typical day at ADT was very stressful but I learned to navigate my day by always smiling. I've learned a lot from working at ADT. I learned the different technical issues of having an alarm the Pros and Cons of an alarm system. I learned how to deal with hostile customers and how to takeover the situation and not let the customer takeover the situation. I've learned to always put yourself in the customers situation as it was you. The most enjoyable moment is when I had a very irate customer and once we was ending the call he said to me "Thank you Sabrina for helping me and I do apologize for yelling at you and that made my day because I calmed the customer and made the customer happy.
good job
Outbound Operator (Former Employee), Henrietta, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Cons: not flexible with schedule
learned basic customer service skills, handling software

About ADT Security Services

For more than a century, ADT has been one of today’s most trusted, well known brands in the industry. Today, we serve more – Read more

ADT Security Services Photos