ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Payroll Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2017
It has a great working environment , everyone is very friendly.
Everyone is very hardworking at ADT and this is what makes its a great place to enhance yourself.
friendly atmosphere
Alarm Technician cctv (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2017
thanks to adt im able to pay my bills great working environment .the people is great to work with due to competitors work is very slow.this is a great company to work for
Pros
good people
Cons
slow
Very Flexible, busy and secure company
Senior Sales Rep High Volume Residential (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 May 2017
Overall, ADT is an amazing company to work for with over 140 years in the industry offering growth and potential to excel.
Relationship building and meeting different people at there place of living gives a sense of pride and trust.
The hardest p[art of the job is marketing yourself which has a 2 year turn around or new employees but once you understand and build your sales funnel, it becomes very easy especially if you believe in what you sell.
I enjoy the work environment, the people and the thought of being able to help people for any of the life aspects that some of us fear.
Peace of mind is key.
Pros
the pay, flexibility, and benefits and profit shares
Cons
driving, the unknown of appointments
The type of business is challenging and exciting in it's daily diversity.
A Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2017
Overall the job was enjoyable when there was sufficient staff. Initial and ongoing training was adequate to provide the customers with good service. Unfortunately being a 24/7/365 workplace, for some staff having a good work/life balance was difficult.
Amazing working environment.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2017
Great working environment, always a new learning day, helped excel knowledge about the products. and good management , Parking facility available for convenience
Productive place
Service and Installation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 April 2017
Have to deal with tough customers. Union technicians are lazy. Some managers are not willing to help employees and work with them. Offers 24 hours security. Biggest alarm company in the world.
Learned about security systems industry
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
Assisted in setting up and coordinating of events held by ADT. Went b2b informing home owners, about ADT security systems and product sales. Which would also benefit ther home insurance.
Good company to work for.
Network Administrator - Novell et NT (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC29 March 2017
Good opportunity for growth and advancement.
Centrally located right outside a metro station.
Good company moral and very nice management staffed.
The company did not have however have a clear company agenda.
Pros
Good Opportunity for Growth.
Cons
Short company plans.
Nice place to work.
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC29 March 2017
It was a great experience working for this employer. Learned a alot about security systems but it also allowed me to acquire a vast experience in customer service techniques.
Pros
Good general ambiance, nice co;workers.
Cons
Low salary, variable shifts
My first admin job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 March 2017
This was a fun place to work, it had a great atmosphere most people laughed and had positive outlooks on everything, I had my issues with on co-worker but I just avoided any situation that wasn't work related. She has worked there for 20+ years before I was hired and we just had very different personalities. I got a lot great with my boss, we are still friends to this day. It was a great experience for my first admin job, I did learn a lot.
Pros
made a life long friend
Cons
Not getting along with the women who worked there for 20+ years
Very poor experience
Small Business Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2017
This company had the worse manager I have ever encountered and could not believe they would even hire this person. They did however quickly get rid of.
Pros
Cons
all
adt
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 February 2017
fast paced but great company to work for. would recommend to my friends. the owner takes a lot of pride in the company that he built
ADT has many challenges in the position that I love and I found that to be a driving motivator for myself.
High Volume Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2017
ADT encompassed all the aspects of a sales position that I thrive on. The training, the poor management and the lack of support however is horrible.
I was not left in a secure position after training to feel I could grow my business successfully.
Pros
Drive your own business
Cons
Poor training
COMMERCIAL ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2017
Fortune 500 company. Several opportunities for advancement. It seemed that with the company beng as big as it is that some local issues can be hidden from the greater establishment by local upper management.
Excellent place to work with some really good team members
Residential Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
It is a pleasure working in this organization. Some really good benefits for the employee and excellent work life balance. Learnt a lot of things with respect to sales and other aspects of customer service.
Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 January 2017
Great organization but lacks management aptitude to retain good sales people. The worst training program for new hires. Because of lack of proper product knowledge and training the turn over is very high
Pros
Good benefits
not a good company to work for
special operations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 December 2016
the company was great to work for at first, but there is not much room for advancement. managers do not care about their employees so it makes for a very crummy morale.
Challenging and Fast Paced
Administrator and Operations Manager-In-Training (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, British Columbia Canada27 December 2016
Very Busy and Challenging, always pressing you to your boundaries. The days went by very quickly and learned many new and excited tasks. Most challenging part of this job was solving the face to face customer escalations.
Great Fun Positive People to Work With THat Are Efficent
Owner/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2016
Great Fun Positive People to Work With THat Are Efficent In there day to Day Activites . Also Always Making Sure Our CLients Get THe Best Service
Great place to learn
Sales Director, Commercial SMB (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 November 2016
It was a great place to learn for a junior, however, it was a challenge because of the compensation plan. It was commissioned only for them. It took a while to get the confidence and the “know how” to get sufficient sales volume to build a decent salary. The result was a very high turn over in the sales force. Many were called but only a few were chosen at the end of the day.
For the manager, it was a constant go back to square one. After a while it gets to you because making quotas become more and more difficult because of the heavy turn around in sales staff. On top of managing daily activities, one must carry on looking for new staff, train them, go out and about with them without neglecting those who are being successful. At one point in time one gets to ask himself what comes first the egg or the chicken.
A small base salary, to take care of a minimal “security” aspect would secure a “safer” environment for the sales force and would limit the turn over in staff. Event the best one had bad months and were not able to make ends meat at home. Some were leaving after being trained appropriately and starting to experience success because they could no longer pay for gasoline to come to work. It was brutal, when anyone had a bad month. A minimum allocation would have ironed out those issues and a more stable sales force would help reach quotas faster and more often than ever other months.
A sales rep under financial pressure does not show the confidence required to close sales smoothly, one gets pushy and potential client gets cold and push back by getting less responsive.
Pros
excellent opportunity to learn and grow
Cons
pressure to achieve under financial stress can be counter productive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.