ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

you are just a number
COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 August 2016
you are expected to work the load of 3-4 people. they expect more and more out of you. you mean nothing to them. management doesn't listen to you at all. the obviously pick and choose their favorites. management sleeps with employees.
Pros
non
Cons
too many
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2016
Great management and a friendly staff.The hours of work place were great 8 am to 4 am. Everyone was on the same page, all the customers were given priority and best customer service and we as a company managed to make the customers happy and sign up with the ADT alarm systems. Being an administrative assistant had helped me in my communication skills as we had to communicate using different methods.
Great for self motivated and independent self starters
Corporate Sales (ADT) (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 June 2016
If you are a people oriented and like meeting new people than this is a job you will enjoy. Management is great and it is not recommended with no experienced in field sales. For those who love working from home and like getting paid for the value of the work they do then yes, it is ideal.
on the road
ADT Authorized Dealer, senior technician (Current Employee) –  Ontario8 June 2016
On a typical day, i would always be working on the road driving across various cities in the Province of Ontario to attend customers house either to troubleshoot their alarm system, or install a new one alarm system.
Great company under a lot of changes
Director (Former Employee) –  Montreal15 June 2016
One of the biggest security company. Protectron was bought by ADT 2 years ago and ADT was recently bought by Apollo Investment corporation.
Pros
One of the biggest company in security
Cons
Lots of restructuration
What motivates me
Residential Re-sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON/ Toronto4 March 2016
I am happy to assist my customer if they trip the alarm by mistake and call even at mid of night. though it is not my job but the customer trust on me instead of calling call centre. I have got several appreciation letters from my customer which really keep me alive to strive for more.

the peace i get after a providing a best solution for them and their family.
productive and challenging
Customer Service Group (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2016
i like working there as am always helping others with any alarms emergency . its good when you know your help others, co-workers are good and helpful
Good Company
Call Center Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2016
they are a good company who try to help their staff succeed at what they are doing. they support their staff to make sure they are doing the best they can.
Great career skills gained
High Volume Sales (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV5 January 2016
Bubby is the best manager I have ever had. He was always supportive, helpful, and firm in doing this right and well. He is a great example of what the company has as a culture.

This was an awesome place to work. If you can self motivate yourself and work to produce this is a great opportunity.

Thanks ADT for accepting me into your training and making me a better man!!!
Pros
Experience, Opportunity, Making key contacts
Cons
Sink or swim based on your effort and results.
Customer service experience & police interaction
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2015
I deal with robbery, theft, skimming device installations, and assault image retrieving on a daily basis. Each situation is different, and it was exciting to be a part of the investigation.

Monitoring cameras gave me a sense of responsibility as security personnel.
Pros
Bankers hours
Cons
Inside an office at a computer every day made for a long day
Sucks
Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 March 2016
Worked there for week. Was laid off, they promised to send my cheque but never did.
There are two managers , one is Algerian original. During the two hours training he couldn't make one appointment and wanted us to get one immediately.
They will fool you off.
Good organisation to work with and absorb new skills
Team Leader - Calgary (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2016
It has been a good stint with ADT so far which has enabled me in honing my sales skills and also polish my leadership skills. A very friendly working environment offering a good job work life balance.
Pros
Flexible work environment
Fun place to work, needs improvement regarding communication inside the company
Représentant des ventes (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC30 November 2015
Let's say this job is not for everyone. You don't have fixed hours, so you got to work "on your own", and you have to sell in order to be paid sufficiently. The hardest part about the job is to make cold calls and go door-to-door with the purpose of signing new clients. Other than that, it is very nice to meet new people almost everyday and make their life a little less stressful by securing their homes and businesses.
Pros
Decide your schedule
Cons
Travelling a lot in the province of QC to your own expense (basically)
ok place for a junior sales person
business development (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB7 January 2016
a lot of cold calling and door knocking, more for a hunter mentality than a customer service mentality. They talked one company philosophy but practiced the opposite. Talked customer service all the time but was about making the sale at any cost and no follow up
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
all cold calling
if you like or dont mind outside sales and cold calling its great!
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2015
high pressure low return for your work.
they will tell you you have 6 figure potential, but to even make close to $60,000 per year you will need to work 10-12 hour days 7 days a week.
fuel costs are mostly out of pocket.
alot of unnecessary bureaucracy, high turn over rate in the sales department due to lack of management interpersonal ability.
Pros
good benefits package.
Cons
listed above
A great way to help people find peace of mind.
Part-time Customer Service (Current Employee) –  on-line12 August 2015
ADT offers a service I am proud to be a part of supplying. After having been exposed to Home Alarm Systems, and the comfort they provide to those using them is enormous.
The company is always changing systems and even back office processes so they keep us on our toes but all the changes are well thought out and efficiently implemented.
I was lucky enough to be one of a few people to be part of a new pilot program they later implemented and go to see the benefit of it from the ground up.
Management is always ready to assist and quick to respond if needed.
High Energy Workplace
Senior Promotional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2016
I enjoy working for this company, always on the go, new faces all the time. Never a boring moment. Expect long hours however, and travel.
Pros
High Energy
Cons
Travel
Saving lives
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 September 2015
It's always good to save lives, and keep people safe, but that is such a small portion of the job, and we get little to no feedback as far as how actual events turn out. The best and worst part of the job is being part of a union -- good pay and benefits, but very political.
Pros
double-time paid overtime, amazing benefits
Cons
intra-office politics
Senior Technician
Senior Commercial Technician (Former Employee) –  March, ON19 August 2015
I started working with ADT since Houston Texas in 2003 originally was Brinks Home Security, later that time was bought out by ADT. on 2011 we decided to move to Canada after Houston suffered from recession, I was able to be transfer to the branch of Calgary Alberta, where i worked for over 1 year as a senior technician.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
N/A
Great Team work
Customer Service/ Retention (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 December 2015
We work hard to ensure our customers recieved the Best Service possible. Our team works together to ensure great Customer expierience.
Pros
Super Team work
Cons
No Managment