ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews in Canada

if you like or dont mind outside sales and cold calling its great!
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 2, 2015
high pressure low return for your work.
they will tell you you have 6 figure potential, but to even make close to $60,000 per year you will need to work 10-12 hour days 7 days a week.
fuel costs are mostly out of pocket.
alot of unnecessary bureaucracy, high turn over rate in the sales department due to lack of management interpersonal ability.
Pros
good benefits package.
Cons
listed above
If you want to work in a hole work here
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 18, 2016
I cannot explain how horrible of a company ADT is.
The management is completely horrendous, there is very little advancement for growth, they belittle you in numerous ways and humiliate you. I worked here and ended up finding a better paying job. The pay is ridiculous for the amount they expect of you. If you want to earn 32,000$ before tax to work like a dog then be my guest. I however left because there was no bonuses, no parties, no corporate events to show appreciation. Overall a horrible company. Oh and the pay raises 1-3% a year and you may get nothing depending on the company's success. Job security there isn't such a thing in ADT. Lay off's are throughout Canada in the hundreds to thousands yearly. Been here 25 years doesn't mean anything to them
Pros
Honestly nothing
Cons
Pay/ salary, management, treatment, unethical, job security, no sense of loyalty, and the list can go on
Good Company to work for.
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2016
Gained some crucial experience with ADT as a territory sales rep. Fun job when the ball gets rolling. Below is a description of some of the duties:

• Sold security products and services within assigned territory, maintaining assigned sales quotas and following established guidelines.
• Identified prospects utilizing creative lead generating techniques.
• Conducted sales presentations and proposals to prospects, identifying positive features and advantages of our products and services over those of the competition.
Adhere to current ADT policies, procedures, products, programs and services, followed up with prospects, and prepare final contract for signature.
Pros
Own Schedule
Cons
Base pay only lasts for the first 2 months.
May as well work fast food.
Alarm Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 8, 2016
For a company that deals with emergency situations you would think they would make an effort to retain quality personnel. However they seem to like the high turnover rate to justify near fast food wages while expecting 911 call center quality.
Scripts are over burdened with idiosyncrasies and are very distracting from helping the customer or emergency responders.
You are penalized if you have to stay on the phone to help a customer instead of taking your break at the exact minute you are scheduled.
Majority of managers are on a power trip and really don't care about helping you handle calls.
Pros
Great coworkers
Worst management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2016
Job is great and challenging but the management is poor.
The sales manager is useless, never help or support team. They should teach managers to be leaders rather than boss.
The same mistake is done by me as new sales rep as my manager did though he's been with the company for 2 years and he picks on me in an unacceptable way to treat the team members.
If you are looking to join the company be prepared to listen to their drama or go to other companies surely they will respect their staff
Saving lives
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 4, 2015
It's always good to save lives, and keep people safe, but that is such a small portion of the job, and we get little to no feedback as far as how actual events turn out. The best and worst part of the job is being part of a union -- good pay and benefits, but very political.
Pros
double-time paid overtime, amazing benefits
Cons
intra-office politics
productive and fun work place where ideas are fully utilized
Sales Promoter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
a typical day at work is always a happy day for me. i work with joy and fun. i learned that hard work pays. its good to work for something you enjoyed doing than working just because you needed money to keep moving. management was okay. everyone interact well enough. they were fun to be with. you should be prepared to travel a lot. knowing places have never been to. it was fun anyways
Pros
nothing is free
Cons
yeah there was long hours
Great company with tons of potential
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 26, 2015
My favorite part about working at ADT is my co-workers and the management. My Manager is very approachable and easy to talk to!.
She is the best Manager i had in my career
Pros
Great atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, quality benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance is a bit off, but only due to volume of work not to any pressure applied by management
Good organisation to work with and absorb new skills
Team Leader - Calgary (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
It has been a good stint with ADT so far which has enabled me in honing my sales skills and also polish my leadership skills. A very friendly working environment offering a good job work life balance.
Pros
Flexible work environment
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 17, 2016
Great management and a friendly staff.The hours of work place were great 8 am to 4 am. Everyone was on the same page, all the customers were given priority and best customer service and we as a company managed to make the customers happy and sign up with the ADT alarm systems. Being an administrative assistant had helped me in my communication skills as we had to communicate using different methods.
Accounting professional experienced in the complete bookkeeping functions.
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 28, 2016
My background in accounting has provided me with the opportunity to work with clients in a variety of industries. I have over 8 years of experience in full Cycle of accounting functions and administrative tasks. Strong work ethics with ability to work independently as well in a team setting.
Great for self motivated and independent self starters
Corporate Sales (ADT) (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 1, 2016
If you are a people oriented and like meeting new people than this is a job you will enjoy. Management is great and it is not recommended with no experienced in field sales. For those who love working from home and like getting paid for the value of the work they do then yes, it is ideal.
A service industry requires a dedicated personality
Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,MBAugust 8, 2016
A true challenge industry. Multifaceted job that keeps you constantly learning. If you like being the best you can be this is the job for you.
Pros
A great place for personal, professional development
Cons
Long hours, pressure to deliver positive results
High Energy Workplace
Senior Promotional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2016
I enjoy working for this company, always on the go, new faces all the time. Never a boring moment. Expect long hours however, and travel.
Pros
High Energy
Cons
Travel
you are just a number
COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 7, 2016
you are expected to work the load of 3-4 people. they expect more and more out of you. you mean nothing to them. management doesn't listen to you at all. the obviously pick and choose their favorites. management sleeps with employees.
Pros
non
Cons
too many
on the road
ADT Authorized Dealer, senior technician (Current Employee) –  OntarioJune 8, 2016
On a typical day, i would always be working on the road driving across various cities in the Province of Ontario to attend customers house either to troubleshoot their alarm system, or install a new one alarm system.
What motivates me
Residential Re-sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON/ TorontoMarch 4, 2016
I am happy to assist my customer if they trip the alarm by mistake and call even at mid of night. though it is not my job but the customer trust on me instead of calling call centre. I have got several appreciation letters from my customer which really keep me alive to strive for more.

the peace i get after a providing a best solution for them and their family.
Great salary and benefits but lacking customer service
Residential Representative (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMarch 10, 2015
ADT sales is a very easy way to make a living if you want a job that doesn't allow you to think for yourself, that mandates what you do with your work day into your personal time and that promotes selling no matter what their customer service is like.
If you want to go through life making a half decent salary without really trying to sell anything, but simply make their robo calls every week then this is definetely a job for you.
The company has a great compensation plan, great benefits and not so great training.
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
customer service is lacking
Great company under a lot of changes
Director (Former Employee) –  MontrealJune 15, 2016
One of the biggest security company. Protectron was bought by ADT 2 years ago and ADT was recently bought by Apollo Investment corporation.
Pros
One of the biggest company in security
Cons
Lots of restructuration
Great career skills gained
High Volume Sales (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 5, 2016
Bubby is the best manager I have ever had. He was always supportive, helpful, and firm in doing this right and well. He is a great example of what the company has as a culture.

This was an awesome place to work. If you can self motivate yourself and work to produce this is a great opportunity.

Thanks ADT for accepting me into your training and making me a better man!!!
Pros
Experience, Opportunity, Making key contacts
Cons
Sink or swim based on your effort and results.