ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Worst management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2016
Job is great and challenging but the management is poor.
The sales manager is useless, never help or support team. They should teach managers to be leaders rather than boss.
The same mistake is done by me as new sales rep as my manager did though he's been with the company for 2 years and he picks on me in an unacceptable way to treat the team members.
If you are looking to join the company be prepared to listen to their drama or go to other companies surely they will respect their staff
Cons
Accounting professional experienced in the complete bookkeeping functions.
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 28, 2016
My background in accounting has provided me with the opportunity to work with clients in a variety of industries. I have over 8 years of experience in full Cycle of accounting functions and administrative tasks. Strong work ethics with ability to work independently as well in a team setting.
Good Company to work for.
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2016
Gained some crucial experience with ADT as a territory sales rep. Fun job when the ball gets rolling. Below is a description of some of the duties:

• Sold security products and services within assigned territory, maintaining assigned sales quotas and following established guidelines.
• Identified prospects utilizing creative lead generating techniques.
• Conducted sales presentations and proposals to prospects, identifying positive features and advantages of our products and services over those of the competition.
Adhere to current ADT policies, procedures, products, programs and services, followed up with prospects, and prepare final contract for signature.
Pros
Own Schedule
Cons
Base pay only lasts for the first 2 months.
Great company under a lot of changes
Director (Former Employee) –  MontrealJune 15, 2016
One of the biggest security company. Protectron was bought by ADT 2 years ago and ADT was recently bought by Apollo Investment corporation.
Pros
One of the biggest company in security
Cons
Lots of restructuration
on the road
ADT Authorized Dealer, senior technician (Current Employee) –  OntarioJune 8, 2016
On a typical day, i would always be working on the road driving across various cities in the Province of Ontario to attend customers house either to troubleshoot their alarm system, or install a new one alarm system.
productive and fun work place where ideas are fully utilized
Sales Promoter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
a typical day at work is always a happy day for me. i work with joy and fun. i learned that hard work pays. its good to work for something you enjoyed doing than working just because you needed money to keep moving. management was okay. everyone interact well enough. they were fun to be with. you should be prepared to travel a lot. knowing places have never been to. it was fun anyways
Pros
nothing is free
Cons
yeah there was long hours
productive and challenging
Customer Service Group (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 1, 2016
i like working there as am always helping others with any alarms emergency . its good when you know your help others, co-workers are good and helpful
Great for self motivated and independent self starters
Corporate Sales (ADT) (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 1, 2016
If you are a people oriented and like meeting new people than this is a job you will enjoy. Management is great and it is not recommended with no experienced in field sales. For those who love working from home and like getting paid for the value of the work they do then yes, it is ideal.
Good Company
Call Center Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2016
they are a good company who try to help their staff succeed at what they are doing. they support their staff to make sure they are doing the best they can.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 17, 2016
Great management and a friendly staff.The hours of work place were great 8 am to 4 am. Everyone was on the same page, all the customers were given priority and best customer service and we as a company managed to make the customers happy and sign up with the ADT alarm systems. Being an administrative assistant had helped me in my communication skills as we had to communicate using different methods.
Sucks
Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 9, 2016
Worked there for week. Was laid off, they promised to send my cheque but never did.
There are two managers , one is Algerian original. During the two hours training he couldn't make one appointment and wanted us to get one immediately.
They will fool you off.
What motivates me
Residential Re-sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON/ TorontoMarch 4, 2016
I am happy to assist my customer if they trip the alarm by mistake and call even at mid of night. though it is not my job but the customer trust on me instead of calling call centre. I have got several appreciation letters from my customer which really keep me alive to strive for more.

the peace i get after a providing a best solution for them and their family.
Good organisation to work with and absorb new skills
Team Leader - Calgary (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
It has been a good stint with ADT so far which has enabled me in honing my sales skills and also polish my leadership skills. A very friendly working environment offering a good job work life balance.
Pros
Flexible work environment
High Energy Workplace
Senior Promotional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2016
I enjoy working for this company, always on the go, new faces all the time. Never a boring moment. Expect long hours however, and travel.
Pros
High Energy
Cons
Travel
ok place for a junior sales person
business development (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJanuary 7, 2016
a lot of cold calling and door knocking, more for a hunter mentality than a customer service mentality. They talked one company philosophy but practiced the opposite. Talked customer service all the time but was about making the sale at any cost and no follow up
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
all cold calling
Great career skills gained
High Volume Sales (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 5, 2016
Bubby is the best manager I have ever had. He was always supportive, helpful, and firm in doing this right and well. He is a great example of what the company has as a culture.

This was an awesome place to work. If you can self motivate yourself and work to produce this is a great opportunity.

Thanks ADT for accepting me into your training and making me a better man!!!
Pros
Experience, Opportunity, Making key contacts
Cons
Sink or swim based on your effort and results.
Customer service experience & police interaction
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2015
I deal with robbery, theft, skimming device installations, and assault image retrieving on a daily basis. Each situation is different, and it was exciting to be a part of the investigation.

Monitoring cameras gave me a sense of responsibility as security personnel.
Pros
Bankers hours
Cons
Inside an office at a computer every day made for a long day
Great Team work
Customer Service/ Retention (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 30, 2015
We work hard to ensure our customers recieved the Best Service possible. Our team works together to ensure great Customer expierience.
Pros
Super Team work
Cons
No Managment
Just wasn't for me
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 10, 2015
Overall good company, but the position I held just wasn't for me. I am used to an office setting and this was setup more as a call centre.
Fun place to work, needs improvement regarding communication inside the company
Représentant des ventes (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCNovember 30, 2015
Let's say this job is not for everyone. You don't have fixed hours, so you got to work "on your own", and you have to sell in order to be paid sufficiently. The hardest part about the job is to make cold calls and go door-to-door with the purpose of signing new clients. Other than that, it is very nice to meet new people almost everyday and make their life a little less stressful by securing their homes and businesses.
Pros
Decide your schedule
Cons
Travelling a lot in the province of QC to your own expense (basically)