ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

if you like or dont mind outside sales and cold calling its great!
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 2, 2015
high pressure low return for your work.
they will tell you you have 6 figure potential, but to even make close to $60,000 per year you will need to work 10-12 hour days 7 days a week.
fuel costs are mostly out of pocket.
alot of unnecessary bureaucracy, high turn over rate in the sales department due to lack of management interpersonal ability.
Pros
good benefits package.
Cons
listed above
If you want to work in a hole work here
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 18, 2016
I cannot explain how horrible of a company ADT is.
The management is completely horrendous, there is very little advancement for growth, they belittle you in numerous ways and humiliate you. I worked here and ended up finding a better paying job. The pay is ridiculous for the amount they expect of you. If you want to earn 32,000$ before tax to work like a dog then be my guest. I however left because there was no bonuses, no parties, no corporate events to show appreciation. Overall a horrible company. Oh and the pay raises 1-3% a year and you may get nothing depending on the company's success. Job security there isn't such a thing in ADT. Lay off's are throughout Canada in the hundreds to thousands yearly. Been here 25 years doesn't mean anything to them
Pros
Honestly nothing
Cons
Pay/ salary, management, treatment, unethical, job security, no sense of loyalty, and the list can go on
A good company but has a lot of challenges
Manager (Former Employee) –  AlbertaSeptember 11, 2016
I worked for ADT for over 15 years and loved it however the reality of it is, they are a business and businesses change. ADT isn't any different they seem to change operations and structure every few years and now seems to change even faster which shows the leadership has no clue what they are doing or know the cause and effect. They get rid of people who have had a lot of tenure, and hope the new people can figure out their complex systems and processes but there within lies the problem. They don't have any structured training, it's kinda fly by the seat of your pants which creates a lot of room for errors. There is lots of cons, but there are a lot of pros. I would not have stayed so long if it was terrible and every company has its lionshare of challenges.
Pros
People, good pay
Cons
Culture created by leaders, expectations of working insane hours, no job security, lack of training, lack of communication to managers to be able to support their employees
Good Company to work for.
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2016
Gained some crucial experience with ADT as a territory sales rep. Fun job when the ball gets rolling. Below is a description of some of the duties:

• Sold security products and services within assigned territory, maintaining assigned sales quotas and following established guidelines.
• Identified prospects utilizing creative lead generating techniques.
• Conducted sales presentations and proposals to prospects, identifying positive features and advantages of our products and services over those of the competition.
Adhere to current ADT policies, procedures, products, programs and services, followed up with prospects, and prepare final contract for signature.
Pros
Own Schedule
Cons
Base pay only lasts for the first 2 months.
May as well work fast food.
Alarm Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 8, 2016
For a company that deals with emergency situations you would think they would make an effort to retain quality personnel. However they seem to like the high turnover rate to justify near fast food wages while expecting 911 call center quality.
Scripts are over burdened with idiosyncrasies and are very distracting from helping the customer or emergency responders.
You are penalized if you have to stay on the phone to help a customer instead of taking your break at the exact minute you are scheduled.
Majority of managers are on a power trip and really don't care about helping you handle calls.
Pros
Great coworkers
Worst management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2016
Job is great and challenging but the management is poor.
The sales manager is useless, never help or support team. They should teach managers to be leaders rather than boss.
The same mistake is done by me as new sales rep as my manager did though he's been with the company for 2 years and he picks on me in an unacceptable way to treat the team members.
If you are looking to join the company be prepared to listen to their drama or go to other companies surely they will respect their staff
Saving lives
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 4, 2015
It's always good to save lives, and keep people safe, but that is such a small portion of the job, and we get little to no feedback as far as how actual events turn out. The best and worst part of the job is being part of a union -- good pay and benefits, but very political.
Pros
double-time paid overtime, amazing benefits
Cons
intra-office politics
productive and fun work place where ideas are fully utilized
Sales Promoter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
a typical day at work is always a happy day for me. i work with joy and fun. i learned that hard work pays. its good to work for something you enjoyed doing than working just because you needed money to keep moving. management was okay. everyone interact well enough. they were fun to be with. you should be prepared to travel a lot. knowing places have never been to. it was fun anyways
Pros
nothing is free
Cons
yeah there was long hours
Large Call Center
Overnight guard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 21, 2016
As a well know entity ADT service major areas and provide multiple services related to home and business security.

80% of the work is dealing with angry customer and new installations issues.

Call center is a giant melting pot and easy to make good friends, sense of humor needed as some days are bad days.
Pros
Coworkers.
Cons
Schedule conflicts, Long hours.
Used to be a wonderful environment but has been progressively eroded by senior management
IT Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 12, 2016
This is a company with a lot of really smart, caring employees. However the success of the company has been seriously hampered by poor customer relations and bad business decisions, that were seemingly made to improve out going executive payouts.
Great company with tons of potential
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 26, 2015
My favorite part about working at ADT is my co-workers and the management. My Manager is very approachable and easy to talk to!.
She is the best Manager i had in my career
Pros
Great atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, quality benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance is a bit off, but only due to volume of work not to any pressure applied by management
Accounting professional experienced in the complete bookkeeping functions.
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 28, 2016
My background in accounting has provided me with the opportunity to work with clients in a variety of industries. I have over 8 years of experience in full Cycle of accounting functions and administrative tasks. Strong work ethics with ability to work independently as well in a team setting.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 17, 2016
Great management and a friendly staff.The hours of work place were great 8 am to 4 am. Everyone was on the same page, all the customers were given priority and best customer service and we as a company managed to make the customers happy and sign up with the ADT alarm systems. Being an administrative assistant had helped me in my communication skills as we had to communicate using different methods.
Good organisation to work with and absorb new skills
Team Leader - Calgary (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
It has been a good stint with ADT so far which has enabled me in honing my sales skills and also polish my leadership skills. A very friendly working environment offering a good job work life balance.
Pros
Flexible work environment
A service industry requires a dedicated personality
Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,MBAugust 8, 2016
A true challenge industry. Multifaceted job that keeps you constantly learning. If you like being the best you can be this is the job for you.
Pros
A great place for personal, professional development
Cons
Long hours, pressure to deliver positive results
Great for self motivated and independent self starters
Corporate Sales (ADT) (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 1, 2016
If you are a people oriented and like meeting new people than this is a job you will enjoy. Management is great and it is not recommended with no experienced in field sales. For those who love working from home and like getting paid for the value of the work they do then yes, it is ideal.
you are just a number
COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 7, 2016
you are expected to work the load of 3-4 people. they expect more and more out of you. you mean nothing to them. management doesn't listen to you at all. the obviously pick and choose their favorites. management sleeps with employees.
Pros
non
Cons
too many
Office Work and Assistance
Security Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2016
A typical day at this position I found to be very memorable as I was overseeing the scheduling and arranging of Security Professionals at various site.
Pros
Team setting
Cons
Site contract discontinued
High Energy Workplace
Senior Promotional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2016
I enjoy working for this company, always on the go, new faces all the time. Never a boring moment. Expect long hours however, and travel.
Pros
High Energy
Cons
Travel
on the road
ADT Authorized Dealer, senior technician (Current Employee) –  OntarioJune 8, 2016
On a typical day, i would always be working on the road driving across various cities in the Province of Ontario to attend customers house either to troubleshoot their alarm system, or install a new one alarm system.