ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
successful, fast-paced, growing company
Inbound & Outbound Customer Services (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 30, 2013
ADT is always looking for bright enthusiastic people to grow with us. Next to our customers, employees are ADT's most valuable assets. We hire quality people and provide them with an environment in which to grow. By providing career advancement, incentives, education and training programs, ADT has one of the highest employee retention rates in the industry.

With an intense focus on our commercial and residential customers' needs, ADT is quickly expanding its market share. To support this growth, we are looking for highly motivated, technically skilled, customer-focused individuals who want to be part of a winning team.

Local managers have great flexibility to grow their markets within broad guidelines. As a result, ADT associates enjoy a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture. Positive results are rewarded with generous incentive plans. The headquarters staff provides marketing and financial support, human resource programs, and a sophisticated technology infrastructure.
Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 13, 2015
My typical day at work would be booking appointment with customers, taking complains, coordinating and assigning jobs to technicians, dealing with guard calls and confirming appointments for installation all over Canada. Staying there for a full years feels like Ive been there for 5 years, thats how much I learned. I've really developed myself and I am able to be professional and deal with difficult situations on the phone or in an office place. I've learnt to work fast while doing a great job. Co-workers are very important to me, I am very independent and work well alone but I am also a huge team player. I LOVE working to people, my co-workers and I weren't just co-workers but friends that will help each other to make the day easier. The hardest part of the job I would say was at the beginning taking about 150-180 calls in a row, as time passed by it became a lot earlier. The most enjoyable part of the job was having on the phone all our technicians all over Canada to keep your day entertaining all day.
x
Senior Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2013
It won't be far off if you read my Tyco review. I was more responsible for field and product issues in my early stages of this position and that progressed to finding new product to replace 'old' product and/or to source products to provide solutions to Customers, which included Sales, Service and Installation teams. This is where reviewing new products came in and in preparing reports for pros/cons etc... Still my focus was on Customer satisfaction, providing timely solutions, products, problem solving etc ... and of course staying the course, the "whatever it takes to get the job done approach". we were extremely busy. Great people to work with over the years and although I worked independently on many projects during my years, many occassion involved teamwork, and those I always enjoyed and looked forward to. A great opportunity to share ideas and thoughts with other associates.
Soul Crushing Call Center Grind
Call center, dispatch and tech support. (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 23, 2015
Cons: unpaid lunch. mechanical noise in break room. no shift rotation.
* Long hours, little reward for higher performers.

* Extremely harsh sick day policy, coupled with dirty shared work stations and a cramped open concept office.

*Management treats workers with contempt and as an expendable commodity.

*Hardest part of the job is dealing with management, they set constantly shifting goalposts and have often unreasonable expectations.

*Hard to get to know co-workers due to 50% or greater annual turn-over. There are bullies and management favorites that don't have to work as hard and are often off doing unnecessary fringe tasks, chatting or just idling, while the less favored staff pick up their slack.

Save yourself a headache and work somewhere that values their workforce. This place is a meat-grinder.
worst experience ever
customer service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 28, 2014
Pros: only thr benefits
Cons: everything else
the worst I've ever been treated by an employer
1. they play favourites
2. nothing not even 0.1% of the day and night work that's done is appreciated
3. the pay is only a small portion of what is deserved
4. too many expectations eg. calls are marked every week and they time how long your off on a break for example if you're late 2 minutes on a 15 minute break that's a disaster
5. your requests are NEVER taken inyo consideration
6. team managers only card about their own bonus
7. the atmosphere is depressing
8. routine work its like slavery
9. no incentives whatsoever
10. managers up your a** throughout your whole shift
oh yea no holidays off
the list can ho on and on
Great people and great benefits
Team Leader/ Data Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: great benefits, awesome people to work for.
Cons: job has increased in work duties providing no increase in pay.
I provide support for staff and technicians as well as customer service.
I sort mail/emails for updating accounts.
Provide training to new exciting employees.
Provide support for technicians for the installations of alarms.
The best part of the day is providing support to customers/technicians and employees, it gives me great satisfaction.
The hardest part of the day is providing technical support and the systems are faulting and the technician has to go back to the customers house to install a new system.
Great salary and benefits but lacking customer service
Residential Representative (Former Employee), CalgaryMarch 10, 2015
Pros: benefits and salary
Cons: customer service is lacking
ADT sales is a very easy way to make a living if you want a job that doesn't allow you to think for yourself, that mandates what you do with your work day into your personal time and that promotes selling no matter what their customer service is like.
If you want to go through life making a half decent salary without really trying to sell anything, but simply make their robo calls every week then this is definetely a job for you.
The company has a great compensation plan, great benefits and not so great training.
Fun place to work, needs improvement regarding communication inside the company
Représentant des ventes (Current Employee), Quebec City, QCNovember 30, 2015
Pros: Decide your schedule
Cons: Travelling a lot in the province of QC to your own expense (basically)
Let's say this job is not for everyone. You don't have fixed hours, so you got to work "on your own", and you have to sell in order to be paid sufficiently. The hardest part about the job is to make cold calls and go door-to-door with the purpose of signing new clients. Other than that, it is very nice to meet new people almost everyday and make their life a little less stressful by securing their homes and businesses.
Hard job with great trainers
Alarm Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: being able to sit and work.
Cons: long days.
ADT is a strict company that expects a lot out of their employees. They have a fantastic training class and help you every step of the way. Only tough part is being on time. If you clock in even 1 minute late you get written up. Three of those in one year leads to termination, which is why their turn-over rate is so high.
Basically, answering calls and contacting the correct authorities for the situation.
Didn't have much time to get to know other employees as they were all handling their own alarms.
Toxic culture with terrible, unprofessional management
Administrative Processor II (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2014
Pros: leaving there is awesome
Cons: everything
Pay is below average, benefits are okay/ standard

Management is paid well and completely out of touch with employees

Inappropriate relationships between management and staff, specifically in Admin department

Frequent workplace bullying

High turnover in Admin (5 people on a staff of 7 were fired this year)

Zero chance for advancement and there is one barely noticeable raise per year, and only one person on the team gets it.
Average office Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), AlbertaSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: lunch and learns, benefits
Cons: no formal training, branches are all ran differently
ADT is not one of Canada's 100 companies. But is your average office job. The hours are good (typical 9-5). There's benefits and decent pay. Only management gets options for bonuses. Advancement is possible. The hardest part is no formal trying or similarity across the country. Every office has its own protocol so dealing with issues between branches can be difficult when everything is done different everywhere.
Working from a queue, measured on stats
Service Dispatcher (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 21, 2014
Pros: pizza lunches from time to time
Cons: bad hours, no option for career advancement
While working as a dispatcher for ADT there was no interest in having me trouble shoot issues over the phone that could have lessoned the amount of actual required service visits, they only wanted to get appointments booked, charges confirmed, and the customer off the phone as quickly as possible.

During my year employment I felt more like a robot than a contributing employee.
Great career skills gained
High Volume Sales (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Experience, Opportunity, Making key contacts
Cons: Sink or swim based on your effort and results.
Bubby is the best manager I have ever had. He was always supportive, helpful, and firm in doing this right and well. He is a great example of what the company has as a culture.

This was an awesome place to work. If you can self motivate yourself and work to produce this is a great opportunity.

Thanks ADT for accepting me into your training and making me a better man!!!
if you like or dont mind outside sales and cold calling its great!
sales representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 2, 2015
Pros: good benefits package.
Cons: listed above
high pressure low return for your work.
they will tell you you have 6 figure potential, but to even make close to $60,000 per year you will need to work 10-12 hour days 7 days a week.
fuel costs are mostly out of pocket.
alot of unnecessary bureaucracy, high turn over rate in the sales department due to lack of management interpersonal ability.
Great Customers and help them identify their needs
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2015
As a people person, the most enjoyable part of the job was to do what I like: working with people, helping and enjoying customers and my co-workers, be a team player, doing bookkeeping and operate office equipment, achieve all key objectives established by the Company, be a role model within Business by promoting the institution's products and services at every possible opportunity etc...
Productive days made for fast work days
Alarm Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2014
Pros: overtime was available
Cons: early mornings
Typical day started at 6:00am and ended at 2:00pm
I learned proper phone etiquette, how to communicate effectively with customers and emergency dispatchers.
The management was inconsistent.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers
The hardest part of the job was the start time of 6:00am
The most enjoyable part was being paid weekly and the days went by very fast.
Customer service experience & police interaction
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2015
Pros: Bankers hours
Cons: Inside an office at a computer every day made for a long day
I deal with robbery, theft, skimming device installations, and assault image retrieving on a daily basis. Each situation is different, and it was exciting to be a part of the investigation.

Monitoring cameras gave me a sense of responsibility as security personnel.
NON PRODUCTIVE COMPANY
SALES (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free coffee at office
Cons: long hours and louzy wages
TYPICAL DAY WOULD START WITH A SALES MANAGEMENT CALL THAT TOOK 30 MINUTES DAILY. WE THEN WOULD GO TO OUR FIRST APPOINTMENT OR IF THERE WAS NON WE WOULD HAVE THE CHOICE TO GO DOOR KNOCKING AND HANGING FLYERS OR MAKE COLD CALLS FROM LEADS THAT WERE NOT QUALIFIED.
Can make a decent living however expect to work min.13 hours every day.
Sales Repesentative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 4, 2015
Pros: Commissions
Cons: 13 hour day- 6 days a week
Not recommended.

You will work many hours driving across many distances.
Top 10 percent will earn 90 percent of commissions. The rest will struggle looking for leads to sell.
very top heavy
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 12, 2012
Pros: great parking spot for hockey games!
Cons: brutal management
too many chiefs and not enough indians! More focused on personal gain rather then team spirit and get it done attitude! Motto is "COVER YOUR BUTT! They would rather lose an account then service it properly.
Headquarters