ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Good Company
Call Center Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2016
they are a good company who try to help their staff succeed at what they are doing. they support their staff to make sure they are doing the best they can.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 17, 2016
Great management and a friendly staff.The hours of work place were great 8 am to 4 am. Everyone was on the same page, all the customers were given priority and best customer service and we as a company managed to make the customers happy and sign up with the ADT alarm systems. Being an administrative assistant had helped me in my communication skills as we had to communicate using different methods.
Sucks
Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 9, 2016
Worked there for week. Was laid off, they promised to send my cheque but never did.
There are two managers , one is Algerian original. During the two hours training he couldn't make one appointment and wanted us to get one immediately.
They will fool you off.
What motivates me
Residential Re-sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON/ TorontoMarch 4, 2016
I am happy to assist my customer if they trip the alarm by mistake and call even at mid of night. though it is not my job but the customer trust on me instead of calling call centre. I have got several appreciation letters from my customer which really keep me alive to strive for more.

the peace i get after a providing a best solution for them and their family.
Good organisation to work with and absorb new skills
Team Leader - Calgary (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
It has been a good stint with ADT so far which has enabled me in honing my sales skills and also polish my leadership skills. A very friendly working environment offering a good job work life balance.
Pros
Flexible work environment
High Energy Workplace
Senior Promotional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2016
I enjoy working for this company, always on the go, new faces all the time. Never a boring moment. Expect long hours however, and travel.
Pros
High Energy
Cons
Travel
ok place for a junior sales person
business development (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJanuary 7, 2016
a lot of cold calling and door knocking, more for a hunter mentality than a customer service mentality. They talked one company philosophy but practiced the opposite. Talked customer service all the time but was about making the sale at any cost and no follow up
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
all cold calling
Great career skills gained
High Volume Sales (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 5, 2016
Bubby is the best manager I have ever had. He was always supportive, helpful, and firm in doing this right and well. He is a great example of what the company has as a culture.

This was an awesome place to work. If you can self motivate yourself and work to produce this is a great opportunity.

Thanks ADT for accepting me into your training and making me a better man!!!
Pros
Experience, Opportunity, Making key contacts
Cons
Sink or swim based on your effort and results.
Customer service experience & police interaction
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2015
I deal with robbery, theft, skimming device installations, and assault image retrieving on a daily basis. Each situation is different, and it was exciting to be a part of the investigation.

Monitoring cameras gave me a sense of responsibility as security personnel.
Pros
Bankers hours
Cons
Inside an office at a computer every day made for a long day
Great Team work
Customer Service/ Retention (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 30, 2015
We work hard to ensure our customers recieved the Best Service possible. Our team works together to ensure great Customer expierience.
Pros
Super Team work
Cons
No Managment
Just wasn't for me
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 10, 2015
Overall good company, but the position I held just wasn't for me. I am used to an office setting and this was setup more as a call centre.
Fun place to work, needs improvement regarding communication inside the company
Représentant des ventes (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCNovember 30, 2015
Let's say this job is not for everyone. You don't have fixed hours, so you got to work "on your own", and you have to sell in order to be paid sufficiently. The hardest part about the job is to make cold calls and go door-to-door with the purpose of signing new clients. Other than that, it is very nice to meet new people almost everyday and make their life a little less stressful by securing their homes and businesses.
Pros
Decide your schedule
Cons
Travelling a lot in the province of QC to your own expense (basically)
if you like or dont mind outside sales and cold calling its great!
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 2, 2015
high pressure low return for your work.
they will tell you you have 6 figure potential, but to even make close to $60,000 per year you will need to work 10-12 hour days 7 days a week.
fuel costs are mostly out of pocket.
alot of unnecessary bureaucracy, high turn over rate in the sales department due to lack of management interpersonal ability.
Pros
good benefits package.
Cons
listed above
Executive Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 18, 2015
This is a great place to gain experience, I have learnt a lot from this company. Anyone that needs experience should definitely work at ADT.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Long Hours
Administrative Processor, National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 16, 2015
Same as Tyco as they were once company before but they recently separated this year. ADT was a great company to work for as well.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Long hours do to big projects
Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  MississaugaOctober 13, 2015
My typical day at work would be booking appointment with customers, taking complains, coordinating and assigning jobs to technicians, dealing with guard calls and confirming appointments for installation all over Canada. Staying there for a full years feels like Ive been there for 5 years, thats how much I learned. I've really developed myself and I am able to be professional and deal with difficult situations on the phone or in an office place. I've learnt to work fast while doing a great job. Co-workers are very important to me, I am very independent and work well alone but I am also a huge team player. I LOVE working to people, my co-workers and I weren't just co-workers but friends that will help each other to make the day easier. The hardest part of the job I would say was at the beginning taking about 150-180 calls in a row, as time passed by it became a lot earlier. The most enjoyable part of the job was having on the phone all our technicians all over Canada to keep your day entertaining all day.
A very rewarding career!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Western OntarioSeptember 22, 2015
I enjoyed working with ADT for over 20 years for most of my working career. The only reason I left, was to work in a family business.
good steady job for someone who's not looking for a challenge
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2015
Good people and easy job but not very challenging. Lots of training and helpful people to assist. Wages were not very good and hours could be awful at times.
Pros
good people
Cons
hours and wage
Can make a decent living however expect to work min.13 hours every day.
Sales Repesentative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 4, 2015
Not recommended.

You will work many hours driving across many distances.
Top 10 percent will earn 90 percent of commissions. The rest will struggle looking for leads to sell.
Pros
Commissions
Cons
13 hour day- 6 days a week
Saving lives
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 4, 2015
It's always good to save lives, and keep people safe, but that is such a small portion of the job, and we get little to no feedback as far as how actual events turn out. The best and worst part of the job is being part of a union -- good pay and benefits, but very political.
Pros
double-time paid overtime, amazing benefits
Cons
intra-office politics