ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Very good company to work for
Territory Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
The company overall was a good experience. Not much room for advancement but the training was great and the people were very welcoming and made me feel comfortable.
Fun place to work
SME CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON10 September 2017
It is a good place to work. The company lets you decided your work hours and your evaluation is done by the achievement of results. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Flexible workhours
Cons
Advancement can be slow
Fun place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
Nice people to work with and nice environment. Flexible with your schedule however, lack of communication between departments. Overall, good place to work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lack of communication
Agreable environement de travail
Conseiller aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC4 August 2017
Excellent lieu de travail avec un environement agreable
Productive work environment easy to thrive
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC31 July 2017
It allows anyone with high work ethic to flourish. All of the higher up's are very open and are not disconnected from our day to day task. There is an open door policy with our main director which anyone from the telemarketers to the actual dealers are able to access him easily.
Unstable future with no communication from management
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2017
It is an unstable organisation at this time with a complete disconnect between upper management down to field techs and CSRs.

Currently there is almost no job security with departments closing and being replaced with companies/agencies not owned by ADT itself causing more confusion and frustration. A recent acquisition has all staff lost on who exactly is running the show, ADT or the company they acquired.

There is little to no communication from management of policy changes until the day before or day of and then these policies may change within a week or month depending on how poorly they were implemented in the first place without notifying all staff clearly what is occurring or even if they are still in effect.

It could be a great place with better upper management leadership
but at this time stay far away. It's not clear what staff will be laid off next, the depts has low morale due to being overworked, client's are frustrated due to organizational changes and pricing, and management at this time does not even seem to notice.
Pros
two fridges in the staff area but I'm struggling to find more.
Cons
low morale, overworked staff, no job security.
Too much upheaval
Team Leader, Technical Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 July 2017
I started at one alarm company and in my 4 years it changed hands 3 times.

The customers are suffering and the employees are not happy.
With all the changes there is no job satisfaction and a lot of lay offs.

If you are thinking of applying here I would wait for awhile.They don't seem to know what direction they are moving in.

Schedules are in constant flux and the work is fast paced. Often breaks are required to be delayed due to call back up.

Unless you're applying for a top brass position there is no job security at this time.

Once everything is merged and the company knows what direction it's going in then perhaps the overall job satisfaction and the constant churn of employees will end.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Company is not stable at this point.
a fun place with a fosball table
Door-to-door sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2017
the staff there where nice and we got to get out a lot and try to sell and see new places of course the hardest part about the job is trying to sell your products.
Pros
got to see other places
Cons
very long walks
Very good work place
Sales Representative/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2017
It's the best job a had so far. You improve many of your skills. You a re self imployed, no office hours. You will neeed to drive all over our beautiful city
Belle culture d'entreprise et possibilité d'évoluer à l'interne
Recrutement (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 June 2017
J'y travaille présentement.
L'environnement de travail est idéal selon moi pour quelqu'un qui veut grandir dans l'entreprise car il y a différentes opportunités qui se présentent lorsqu'on a fait ses preuves.

Les collèguessont sympatiques et l'ambiance de travail est en général très bonne!
Pros
Environnement de travail
Fun environment
Payroll Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2017
It has a great working environment , everyone is very friendly.
Everyone is very hardworking at ADT and this is what makes its a great place to enhance yourself.
friendly atmosphere
Alarm Technician cctv (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2017
thanks to adt im able to pay my bills great working environment .the people is great to work with due to competitors work is very slow.this is a great company to work for
Pros
good people
Cons
slow
Very Flexible, busy and secure company
Senior Sales Rep High Volume Residential (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 May 2017
Overall, ADT is an amazing company to work for with over 140 years in the industry offering growth and potential to excel.
Relationship building and meeting different people at there place of living gives a sense of pride and trust.
The hardest p[art of the job is marketing yourself which has a 2 year turn around or new employees but once you understand and build your sales funnel, it becomes very easy especially if you believe in what you sell.
I enjoy the work environment, the people and the thought of being able to help people for any of the life aspects that some of us fear.
Peace of mind is key.
Pros
the pay, flexibility, and benefits and profit shares
Cons
driving, the unknown of appointments
The type of business is challenging and exciting in it's daily diversity.
A Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 May 2017
Overall the job was enjoyable when there was sufficient staff. Initial and ongoing training was adequate to provide the customers with good service. Unfortunately being a 24/7/365 workplace, for some staff having a good work/life balance was difficult.
Amazing working environment.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2017
Great working environment, always a new learning day, helped excel knowledge about the products. and good management , Parking facility available for convenience
Productive place
Service and Installation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 April 2017
Have to deal with tough customers. Union technicians are lazy. Some managers are not willing to help employees and work with them. Offers 24 hours security. Biggest alarm company in the world.
Learned about security systems industry
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
Assisted in setting up and coordinating of events held by ADT. Went b2b informing home owners, about ADT security systems and product sales. Which would also benefit ther home insurance.
Good company to work for.
Network Administrator - Novell et NT (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC29 March 2017
Good opportunity for growth and advancement.
Centrally located right outside a metro station.
Good company moral and very nice management staffed.
The company did not have however have a clear company agenda.
Pros
Good Opportunity for Growth.
Cons
Short company plans.
Nice place to work.
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC29 March 2017
It was a great experience working for this employer. Learned a alot about security systems but it also allowed me to acquire a vast experience in customer service techniques.
Pros
Good general ambiance, nice co;workers.
Cons
Low salary, variable shifts
My first admin job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 March 2017
This was a fun place to work, it had a great atmosphere most people laughed and had positive outlooks on everything, I had my issues with on co-worker but I just avoided any situation that wasn't work related. She has worked there for 20+ years before I was hired and we just had very different personalities. I got a lot great with my boss, we are still friends to this day. It was a great experience for my first admin job, I did learn a lot.
Pros
made a life long friend
Cons
Not getting along with the women who worked there for 20+ years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.