ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews in Canada

if you like or dont mind outside sales and cold calling its great!
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 2, 2015
high pressure low return for your work.
they will tell you you have 6 figure potential, but to even make close to $60,000 per year you will need to work 10-12 hour days 7 days a week.
fuel costs are mostly out of pocket.
alot of unnecessary bureaucracy, high turn over rate in the sales department due to lack of management interpersonal ability.
Pros
good benefits package.
Cons
listed above
Saving lives
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 4, 2015
It's always good to save lives, and keep people safe, but that is such a small portion of the job, and we get little to no feedback as far as how actual events turn out. The best and worst part of the job is being part of a union -- good pay and benefits, but very political.
Pros
double-time paid overtime, amazing benefits
Cons
intra-office politics
Great company with tons of potential
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 26, 2015
My favorite part about working at ADT is my co-workers and the management. My Manager is very approachable and easy to talk to!.
She is the best Manager i had in my career
Pros
Great atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, quality benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance is a bit off, but only due to volume of work not to any pressure applied by management
Good organisation to work with and absorb new skills
Team Leader - Calgary (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2016
It has been a good stint with ADT so far which has enabled me in honing my sales skills and also polish my leadership skills. A very friendly working environment offering a good job work life balance.
Pros
Flexible work environment
High Energy Workplace
Senior Promotional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 15, 2016
I enjoy working for this company, always on the go, new faces all the time. Never a boring moment. Expect long hours however, and travel.
Pros
High Energy
Cons
Travel
Great career skills gained
High Volume Sales (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 5, 2016
Bubby is the best manager I have ever had. He was always supportive, helpful, and firm in doing this right and well. He is a great example of what the company has as a culture.

This was an awesome place to work. If you can self motivate yourself and work to produce this is a great opportunity.

Thanks ADT for accepting me into your training and making me a better man!!!
Pros
Experience, Opportunity, Making key contacts
Cons
Sink or swim based on your effort and results.
Great salary and benefits but lacking customer service
Residential Representative (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMarch 10, 2015
ADT sales is a very easy way to make a living if you want a job that doesn't allow you to think for yourself, that mandates what you do with your work day into your personal time and that promotes selling no matter what their customer service is like.
If you want to go through life making a half decent salary without really trying to sell anything, but simply make their robo calls every week then this is definetely a job for you.
The company has a great compensation plan, great benefits and not so great training.
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
customer service is lacking
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 17, 2016
Great management and a friendly staff.The hours of work place were great 8 am to 4 am. Everyone was on the same page, all the customers were given priority and best customer service and we as a company managed to make the customers happy and sign up with the ADT alarm systems. Being an administrative assistant had helped me in my communication skills as we had to communicate using different methods.
What motivates me
Residential Re-sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON/ TorontoMarch 4, 2016
I am happy to assist my customer if they trip the alarm by mistake and call even at mid of night. though it is not my job but the customer trust on me instead of calling call centre. I have got several appreciation letters from my customer which really keep me alive to strive for more.

the peace i get after a providing a best solution for them and their family.
Fun place to work, needs improvement regarding communication inside the company
Représentant des ventes (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCNovember 30, 2015
Let's say this job is not for everyone. You don't have fixed hours, so you got to work "on your own", and you have to sell in order to be paid sufficiently. The hardest part about the job is to make cold calls and go door-to-door with the purpose of signing new clients. Other than that, it is very nice to meet new people almost everyday and make their life a little less stressful by securing their homes and businesses.
Pros
Decide your schedule
Cons
Travelling a lot in the province of QC to your own expense (basically)
Executive Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 18, 2015
This is a great place to gain experience, I have learnt a lot from this company. Anyone that needs experience should definitely work at ADT.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Long Hours
Great Team work
Customer Service/ Retention (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 30, 2015
We work hard to ensure our customers recieved the Best Service possible. Our team works together to ensure great Customer expierience.
Pros
Super Team work
Cons
No Managment
Sucks
Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 9, 2016
Worked there for week. Was laid off, they promised to send my cheque but never did.
There are two managers , one is Algerian original. During the two hours training he couldn't make one appointment and wanted us to get one immediately.
They will fool you off.
Customer service experience & police interaction
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2015
I deal with robbery, theft, skimming device installations, and assault image retrieving on a daily basis. Each situation is different, and it was exciting to be a part of the investigation.

Monitoring cameras gave me a sense of responsibility as security personnel.
Pros
Bankers hours
Cons
Inside an office at a computer every day made for a long day
Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  MississaugaOctober 13, 2015
My typical day at work would be booking appointment with customers, taking complains, coordinating and assigning jobs to technicians, dealing with guard calls and confirming appointments for installation all over Canada. Staying there for a full years feels like Ive been there for 5 years, thats how much I learned. I've really developed myself and I am able to be professional and deal with difficult situations on the phone or in an office place. I've learnt to work fast while doing a great job. Co-workers are very important to me, I am very independent and work well alone but I am also a huge team player. I LOVE working to people, my co-workers and I weren't just co-workers but friends that will help each other to make the day easier. The hardest part of the job I would say was at the beginning taking about 150-180 calls in a row, as time passed by it became a lot earlier. The most enjoyable part of the job was having on the phone all our technicians all over Canada to keep your day entertaining all day.
Toxic culture with terrible, unprofessional management
Administrative Processor II (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2014
Pay is below average, benefits are okay/ standard

Management is paid well and completely out of touch with employees

Inappropriate relationships between management and staff, specifically in Admin department

Frequent workplace bullying

High turnover in Admin (5 people on a staff of 7 were fired this year)

Zero chance for advancement and there is one barely noticeable raise per year, and only one person on the team gets it.
Pros
leaving there is awesome
Cons
everything
ok place for a junior sales person
business development (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJanuary 7, 2016
a lot of cold calling and door knocking, more for a hunter mentality than a customer service mentality. They talked one company philosophy but practiced the opposite. Talked customer service all the time but was about making the sale at any cost and no follow up
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
all cold calling
Administrative Processor, National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 16, 2015
Same as Tyco as they were once company before but they recently separated this year. ADT was a great company to work for as well.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Long hours do to big projects
A great way to help people find peace of mind.
Part-time Customer Service (Current Employee) –  on-lineAugust 12, 2015
ADT offers a service I am proud to be a part of supplying. After having been exposed to Home Alarm Systems, and the comfort they provide to those using them is enormous.
The company is always changing systems and even back office processes so they keep us on our toes but all the changes are well thought out and efficiently implemented.
I was lucky enough to be one of a few people to be part of a new pilot program they later implemented and go to see the benefit of it from the ground up.
Management is always ready to assist and quick to respond if needed.
worst experience ever
customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 28, 2014
the worst I've ever been treated by an employer
1. they play favourites
2. nothing not even 0.1% of the day and night work that's done is appreciated
3. the pay is only a small portion of what is deserved
4. too many expectations eg. calls are marked every week and they time how long your off on a break for example if you're late 2 minutes on a 15 minute break that's a disaster
5. your requests are NEVER taken inyo consideration
6. team managers only card about their own bonus
7. the atmosphere is depressing
8. routine work its like slavery
9. no incentives whatsoever
10. managers up your a** throughout your whole shift
oh yea no holidays off
the list can ho on and on
Pros
only thr benefits
Cons
everything else