ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Service to nation, helping them to protect people &things they value most
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 25, 2016
It's been great experience to work with a company, having big name in security industry for more than 120 years. It's great honor for me to work for peopleto design their security systems that provides them peace of mind.
Pros
Work independently with flexibility of timing
Cons
Unlimited working hours
Productive, Not very compromising
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2016
Working for ADT gave me a lot of experience working with customers. However, they do not offer a lot of time to meet with family or plan events for weekends.

I found myself missing home more and more as my weekends were always filled with work where as the middle of my week my family was working, and living in a town away from me means travelings during the week isn't optional.

Changes come quite often and not always with the best instructions on how to implement them.

They did provide satisfactory training but i think their goals have become more quality driven and business driven versus customer driven and quality.

If you're okay with the strict schedule set by ADT, then by all means, apply to work here.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment, thorough training
Cons
Lack of weekends off, hard to see family or plan for events.
Large Call Center
Overnight guard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 21, 2016
As a well know entity ADT service major areas and provide multiple services related to home and business security.

80% of the work is dealing with angry customer and new installations issues.

Call center is a giant melting pot and easy to make good friends, sense of humor needed as some days are bad days.
Pros
Coworkers.
Cons
Schedule conflicts, Long hours.
Office Work and Assistance
Security Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2016
A typical day at this position I found to be very memorable as I was overseeing the scheduling and arranging of Security Professionals at various site.
Pros
Team setting
Cons
Site contract discontinued
Used to be a wonderful environment but has been progressively eroded by senior management
IT Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 12, 2016
This is a company with a lot of really smart, caring employees. However the success of the company has been seriously hampered by poor customer relations and bad business decisions, that were seemingly made to improve out going executive payouts.
A good company but has a lot of challenges
Manager (Former Employee) –  AlbertaSeptember 11, 2016
I worked for ADT for over 15 years and loved it however the reality of it is, they are a business and businesses change. ADT isn't any different they seem to change operations and structure every few years and now seems to change even faster which shows the leadership has no clue what they are doing or know the cause and effect. They get rid of people who have had a lot of tenure, and hope the new people can figure out their complex systems and processes but there within lies the problem. They don't have any structured training, it's kinda fly by the seat of your pants which creates a lot of room for errors. There is lots of cons, but there are a lot of pros. I would not have stayed so long if it was terrible and every company has its lionshare of challenges.
Pros
People, good pay
Cons
Culture created by leaders, expectations of working insane hours, no job security, lack of training, lack of communication to managers to be able to support their employees
If you want to work in a hole work here
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 18, 2016
I cannot explain how horrible of a company ADT is.
The management is completely horrendous, there is very little advancement for growth, they belittle you in numerous ways and humiliate you. I worked here and ended up finding a better paying job. The pay is ridiculous for the amount they expect of you. If you want to earn 32,000$ before tax to work like a dog then be my guest. I however left because there was no bonuses, no parties, no corporate events to show appreciation. Overall a horrible company. Oh and the pay raises 1-3% a year and you may get nothing depending on the company's success. Job security there isn't such a thing in ADT. Lay off's are throughout Canada in the hundreds to thousands yearly. Been here 25 years doesn't mean anything to them
Pros
Honestly nothing
Cons
Pay/ salary, management, treatment, unethical, job security, no sense of loyalty, and the list can go on
A service industry requires a dedicated personality
Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,MBAugust 8, 2016
A true challenge industry. Multifaceted job that keeps you constantly learning. If you like being the best you can be this is the job for you.
Pros
A great place for personal, professional development
Cons
Long hours, pressure to deliver positive results
May as well work fast food.
Alarm Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 8, 2016
For a company that deals with emergency situations you would think they would make an effort to retain quality personnel. However they seem to like the high turnover rate to justify near fast food wages while expecting 911 call center quality.
Scripts are over burdened with idiosyncrasies and are very distracting from helping the customer or emergency responders.
You are penalized if you have to stay on the phone to help a customer instead of taking your break at the exact minute you are scheduled.
Majority of managers are on a power trip and really don't care about helping you handle calls.
Pros
Great coworkers
you are just a number
COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 7, 2016
you are expected to work the load of 3-4 people. they expect more and more out of you. you mean nothing to them. management doesn't listen to you at all. the obviously pick and choose their favorites. management sleeps with employees.
Pros
non
Cons
too many
Worst management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2016
Job is great and challenging but the management is poor.
The sales manager is useless, never help or support team. They should teach managers to be leaders rather than boss.
The same mistake is done by me as new sales rep as my manager did though he's been with the company for 2 years and he picks on me in an unacceptable way to treat the team members.
If you are looking to join the company be prepared to listen to their drama or go to other companies surely they will respect their staff
Cons
Accounting professional experienced in the complete bookkeeping functions.
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 28, 2016
My background in accounting has provided me with the opportunity to work with clients in a variety of industries. I have over 8 years of experience in full Cycle of accounting functions and administrative tasks. Strong work ethics with ability to work independently as well in a team setting.
Good Company to work for.
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2016
Gained some crucial experience with ADT as a territory sales rep. Fun job when the ball gets rolling. Below is a description of some of the duties:

• Sold security products and services within assigned territory, maintaining assigned sales quotas and following established guidelines.
• Identified prospects utilizing creative lead generating techniques.
• Conducted sales presentations and proposals to prospects, identifying positive features and advantages of our products and services over those of the competition.
Adhere to current ADT policies, procedures, products, programs and services, followed up with prospects, and prepare final contract for signature.
Pros
Own Schedule
Cons
Base pay only lasts for the first 2 months.
Great company under a lot of changes
Director (Former Employee) –  MontrealJune 15, 2016
One of the biggest security company. Protectron was bought by ADT 2 years ago and ADT was recently bought by Apollo Investment corporation.
Pros
One of the biggest company in security
Cons
Lots of restructuration
on the road
ADT Authorized Dealer, senior technician (Current Employee) –  OntarioJune 8, 2016
On a typical day, i would always be working on the road driving across various cities in the Province of Ontario to attend customers house either to troubleshoot their alarm system, or install a new one alarm system.
productive and fun work place where ideas are fully utilized
Sales Promoter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
a typical day at work is always a happy day for me. i work with joy and fun. i learned that hard work pays. its good to work for something you enjoyed doing than working just because you needed money to keep moving. management was okay. everyone interact well enough. they were fun to be with. you should be prepared to travel a lot. knowing places have never been to. it was fun anyways
Pros
nothing is free
Cons
yeah there was long hours
productive and challenging
Customer Service Group (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 1, 2016
i like working there as am always helping others with any alarms emergency . its good when you know your help others, co-workers are good and helpful
Great for self motivated and independent self starters
Corporate Sales (ADT) (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 1, 2016
If you are a people oriented and like meeting new people than this is a job you will enjoy. Management is great and it is not recommended with no experienced in field sales. For those who love working from home and like getting paid for the value of the work they do then yes, it is ideal.
Good Company
Call Center Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 26, 2016
they are a good company who try to help their staff succeed at what they are doing. they support their staff to make sure they are doing the best they can.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 17, 2016
Great management and a friendly staff.The hours of work place were great 8 am to 4 am. Everyone was on the same page, all the customers were given priority and best customer service and we as a company managed to make the customers happy and sign up with the ADT alarm systems. Being an administrative assistant had helped me in my communication skills as we had to communicate using different methods.