ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great career skills gained
High Volume Sales (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Experience, Opportunity, Making key contacts
Cons: Sink or swim based on your effort and results.
Bubby is the best manager I have ever had. He was always supportive, helpful, and firm in doing this right and well. He is a great example of what the company has as a culture.

This was an awesome place to work. If you can self motivate yourself and work to produce this is a great opportunity.

Thanks ADT for accepting me into your training and making me a better man!!!
Customer service experience & police interaction
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 30, 2015
Pros: Bankers hours
Cons: Inside an office at a computer every day made for a long day
I deal with robbery, theft, skimming device installations, and assault image retrieving on a daily basis. Each situation is different, and it was exciting to be a part of the investigation.

Monitoring cameras gave me a sense of responsibility as security personnel.
Fun place to work, needs improvement regarding communication inside the company
Représentant des ventes (Current Employee), Quebec City, QCNovember 30, 2015
Pros: Decide your schedule
Cons: Travelling a lot in the province of QC to your own expense (basically)
Let's say this job is not for everyone. You don't have fixed hours, so you got to work "on your own", and you have to sell in order to be paid sufficiently. The hardest part about the job is to make cold calls and go door-to-door with the purpose of signing new clients. Other than that, it is very nice to meet new people almost everyday and make their life a little less stressful by securing their homes and businesses.
if you like or dont mind outside sales and cold calling its great!
sales representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 2, 2015
Pros: good benefits package.
Cons: listed above
high pressure low return for your work.
they will tell you you have 6 figure potential, but to even make close to $60,000 per year you will need to work 10-12 hour days 7 days a week.
fuel costs are mostly out of pocket.
alot of unnecessary bureaucracy, high turn over rate in the sales department due to lack of management interpersonal ability.
Administrative Processor, National Accounts (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Great manager
Cons: Long hours do to big projects
Same as Tyco as they were once company before but they recently separated this year. ADT was a great company to work for as well.
Dispatcher
Dispatcher (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 13, 2015
My typical day at work would be booking appointment with customers, taking complains, coordinating and assigning jobs to technicians, dealing with guard calls and confirming appointments for installation all over Canada. Staying there for a full years feels like Ive been there for 5 years, thats how much I learned. I've really developed myself and I am able to be professional and deal with difficult situations on the phone or in an office place. I've learnt to work fast while doing a great job. Co-workers are very important to me, I am very independent and work well alone but I am also a huge team player. I LOVE working to people, my co-workers and I weren't just co-workers but friends that will help each other to make the day easier. The hardest part of the job I would say was at the beginning taking about 150-180 calls in a row, as time passed by it became a lot earlier. The most enjoyable part of the job was having on the phone all our technicians all over Canada to keep your day entertaining all day.
good steady job for someone who's not looking for a challenge
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: hours and wage
Good people and easy job but not very challenging. Lots of training and helpful people to assist. Wages were not very good and hours could be awful at times.
Can make a decent living however expect to work min.13 hours every day.
Sales Repesentative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 4, 2015
Pros: Commissions
Cons: 13 hour day- 6 days a week
Not recommended.

You will work many hours driving across many distances.
Top 10 percent will earn 90 percent of commissions. The rest will struggle looking for leads to sell.
productive workplace
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 18, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: job tends to repeat itself
excellent work environment, learnt lots about customer service and accounting. co-workers worked together as a team and were always willing to help on and other.
Fun place to work with a great group of co-workers
Office Administrator (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 20, 2015
Pros: discounts on alarm systems/services
Cons: management located on mainland
Management is in NS which makes things hard at times on a daily basis. Need a local branch manager to oversee the daily admin., etc in local branch
Great salary and benefits but lacking customer service
Residential Representative (Former Employee), CalgaryMarch 10, 2015
Pros: benefits and salary
Cons: customer service is lacking
ADT sales is a very easy way to make a living if you want a job that doesn't allow you to think for yourself, that mandates what you do with your work day into your personal time and that promotes selling no matter what their customer service is like.
If you want to go through life making a half decent salary without really trying to sell anything, but simply make their robo calls every week then this is definetely a job for you.
The company has a great compensation plan, great benefits and not so great training.
Fun, freedom of working hours.
Commercial Security Advisor (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 20, 2015
Proud to promote ADT brand and solutions
Work environment like an entrepreneur, build client base then cultivate success.
Freedom of working hours, this comes with responsibilities though.
Nice Place.
Small Business Sales Rep (Current Employee), North & Southern OntarioFebruary 15, 2015
Good people. Just hard to start here fresh.
Learned Security
Good guys at top.
1-2 Leads per 2 weeks
Traveling is great. But Not enough money to live on.
Great Customers and help them identify their needs
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2015
As a people person, the most enjoyable part of the job was to do what I like: working with people, helping and enjoying customers and my co-workers, be a team player, doing bookkeeping and operate office equipment, achieve all key objectives established by the Company, be a role model within Business by promoting the institution's products and services at every possible opportunity etc...
Soul Crushing Call Center Grind
Call center, dispatch and tech support. (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 23, 2015
Cons: unpaid lunch. mechanical noise in break room. no shift rotation.
* Long hours, little reward for higher performers.

* Extremely harsh sick day policy, coupled with dirty shared work stations and a cramped open concept office.

*Management treats workers with contempt and as an expendable commodity.

*Hardest part of the job is dealing with management, they set constantly shifting goalposts and have often unreasonable expectations.

*Hard to get to know co-workers due to 50% or greater annual turn-over. There are bullies and management favorites that don't have to work as hard and are often off doing unnecessary fringe tasks, chatting or just idling, while the less favored staff pick up their slack.

Save yourself a headache and work somewhere that values their workforce. This place is a meat-grinder.
Positive and engaging work environment
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 23, 2014
The line of work is very important because we protect our customers and their properties. The work environment is always very positive and the management is very supportive and always willing to help.
Working from a queue, measured on stats
Service Dispatcher (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 21, 2014
Pros: pizza lunches from time to time
Cons: bad hours, no option for career advancement
While working as a dispatcher for ADT there was no interest in having me trouble shoot issues over the phone that could have lessoned the amount of actual required service visits, they only wanted to get appointments booked, charges confirmed, and the customer off the phone as quickly as possible.

During my year employment I felt more like a robot than a contributing employee.
Toxic culture with terrible, unprofessional management
Administrative Processor II (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2014
Pros: leaving there is awesome
Cons: everything
Pay is below average, benefits are okay/ standard

Management is paid well and completely out of touch with employees

Inappropriate relationships between management and staff, specifically in Admin department

Frequent workplace bullying

High turnover in Admin (5 people on a staff of 7 were fired this year)

Zero chance for advancement and there is one barely noticeable raise per year, and only one person on the team gets it.
Very good place to work
Alarm Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 17, 2014
Pros: being able to work as a team
Cons: none at this time
very busy pace -
installations and service.
worked as a team -
having to climb ladders outdoors in the winter.
working as a team and communicating with customers on a regular basis.
Poor management
Install and Service Technician (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONJuly 9, 2014
Pros: my co-worker was amazing, incredible work ethic
Cons: poor management
The hardest part was dealing with the disorganization and constant discrepancies in timesheets
Headquarters