ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

If you want to work in a hole work here
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 August 2016
I cannot explain how horrible of a company ADT is.
The management is completely horrendous, there is very little advancement for growth, they belittle you in numerous ways and humiliate you. I worked here and ended up finding a better paying job. The pay is ridiculous for the amount they expect of you. If you want to earn 32,000$ before tax to work like a dog then be my guest. I however left because there was no bonuses, no parties, no corporate events to show appreciation. Overall a horrible company. Oh and the pay raises 1-3% a year and you may get nothing depending on the company's success. Job security there isn't such a thing in ADT. Lay off's are throughout Canada in the hundreds to thousands yearly. Been here 25 years doesn't mean anything to them
Pros
Honestly nothing
Cons
Pay/ salary, management, treatment, unethical, job security, no sense of loyalty, and the list can go on
A good company but has a lot of challenges
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta11 September 2016
I worked for ADT for over 15 years and loved it however the reality of it is, they are a business and businesses change. ADT isn't any different they seem to change operations and structure every few years and now seems to change even faster which shows the leadership has no clue what they are doing or know the cause and effect. They get rid of people who have had a lot of tenure, and hope the new people can figure out their complex systems and processes but there within lies the problem. They don't have any structured training, it's kinda fly by the seat of your pants which creates a lot of room for errors. There is lots of cons, but there are a lot of pros. I would not have stayed so long if it was terrible and every company has its lionshare of challenges.
Pros
People, good pay
Cons
Culture created by leaders, expectations of working insane hours, no job security, lack of training, lack of communication to managers to be able to support their employees
COMMERCIAL ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2017
Fortune 500 company. Several opportunities for advancement. It seemed that with the company beng as big as it is that some local issues can be hidden from the greater establishment by local upper management.
Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 January 2017
Great organization but lacks management aptitude to retain good sales people. The worst training program for new hires. Because of lack of proper product knowledge and training the turn over is very high
Pros
Good benefits
not a good company to work for
special operations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 December 2016
the company was great to work for at first, but there is not much room for advancement. managers do not care about their employees so it makes for a very crummy morale.
productive and fun work place where ideas are fully utilized
Sales Promoter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2016
a typical day at work is always a happy day for me. i work with joy and fun. i learned that hard work pays. its good to work for something you enjoyed doing than working just because you needed money to keep moving. management was okay. everyone interact well enough. they were fun to be with. you should be prepared to travel a lot. knowing places have never been to. it was fun anyways
Pros
nothing is free
Cons
yeah there was long hours
May as well work fast food.
Alarm Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2016
For a company that deals with emergency situations you would think they would make an effort to retain quality personnel. However they seem to like the high turnover rate to justify near fast food wages while expecting 911 call center quality.
Scripts are over burdened with idiosyncrasies and are very distracting from helping the customer or emergency responders.
You are penalized if you have to stay on the phone to help a customer instead of taking your break at the exact minute you are scheduled.
Majority of managers are on a power trip and really don't care about helping you handle calls.
Pros
Great coworkers
My first admin job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 March 2017
This was a fun place to work, it had a great atmosphere most people laughed and had positive outlooks on everything, I had my issues with on co-worker but I just avoided any situation that wasn't work related. She has worked there for 20+ years before I was hired and we just had very different personalities. I got a lot great with my boss, we are still friends to this day. It was a great experience for my first admin job, I did learn a lot.
Pros
made a life long friend
Cons
Not getting along with the women who worked there for 20+ years
Large Call Center
Overnight guard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 September 2016
As a well know entity ADT service major areas and provide multiple services related to home and business security.

80% of the work is dealing with angry customer and new installations issues.

Call center is a giant melting pot and easy to make good friends, sense of humor needed as some days are bad days.
Pros
Coworkers.
Cons
Schedule conflicts, Long hours.
An opportunity to learn
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2016
The North America's largest electronic security services company. Provides numerous benefits to employee. I have been given the customer care and support training that i enjoyed the most. Uses multiple techniques to lean and enjoy.
Used to be a wonderful environment but has been progressively eroded by senior management
IT Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2016
This is a company with a lot of really smart, caring employees. However the success of the company has been seriously hampered by poor customer relations and bad business decisions, that were seemingly made to improve out going executive payouts.
Productive, Not very compromising
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2016
Working for ADT gave me a lot of experience working with customers. However, they do not offer a lot of time to meet with family or plan events for weekends.

I found myself missing home more and more as my weekends were always filled with work where as the middle of my week my family was working, and living in a town away from me means travelings during the week isn't optional.

Changes come quite often and not always with the best instructions on how to implement them.

They did provide satisfactory training but i think their goals have become more quality driven and business driven versus customer driven and quality.

If you're okay with the strict schedule set by ADT, then by all means, apply to work here.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment, thorough training
Cons
Lack of weekends off, hard to see family or plan for events.
Worst management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2016
Job is great and challenging but the management is poor.
The sales manager is useless, never help or support team. They should teach managers to be leaders rather than boss.
The same mistake is done by me as new sales rep as my manager did though he's been with the company for 2 years and he picks on me in an unacceptable way to treat the team members.
If you are looking to join the company be prepared to listen to their drama or go to other companies surely they will respect their staff
Tremendous experience with people Skills
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2016
Amazing experience
learning on daily basis,
Team coordination
Dead lines for completing targets
Competitor challenges
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
long hours drive
Nice place to work.
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC29 March 2017
It was a great experience working for this employer. Learned a alot about security systems but it also allowed me to acquire a vast experience in customer service techniques.
Pros
Good general ambiance, nice co;workers.
Cons
Low salary, variable shifts
A service industry requires a dedicated personality
Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,MB8 August 2016
A true challenge industry. Multifaceted job that keeps you constantly learning. If you like being the best you can be this is the job for you.
Pros
A great place for personal, professional development
Cons
Long hours, pressure to deliver positive results
Service to nation, helping them to protect people &things they value most
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2016
It's been great experience to work with a company, having big name in security industry for more than 120 years. It's great honor for me to work for peopleto design their security systems that provides them peace of mind.
Pros
Work independently with flexibility of timing
Cons
Unlimited working hours
Great place to learn
Sales Director, Commercial SMB (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 November 2016
It was a great place to learn for a junior, however, it was a challenge because of the compensation plan. It was commissioned only for them. It took a while to get the confidence and the “know how” to get sufficient sales volume to build a decent salary. The result was a very high turn over in the sales force. Many were called but only a few were chosen at the end of the day.
For the manager, it was a constant go back to square one. After a while it gets to you because making quotas become more and more difficult because of the heavy turn around in sales staff. On top of managing daily activities, one must carry on looking for new staff, train them, go out and about with them without neglecting those who are being successful. At one point in time one gets to ask himself what comes first the egg or the chicken.
A small base salary, to take care of a minimal “security” aspect would secure a “safer” environment for the sales force and would limit the turn over in staff. Event the best one had bad months and were not able to make ends meat at home. Some were leaving after being trained appropriately and starting to experience success because they could no longer pay for gasoline to come to work. It was brutal, when anyone had a bad month. A minimum allocation would have ironed out those issues and a more stable sales force would help reach quotas faster and more often than ever other months.
A sales rep under financial pressure does not show the confidence required to close sales smoothly, one gets pushy and potential client gets cold and push back by getting less responsive.
Pros
excellent opportunity to learn and grow
Cons
pressure to achieve under financial stress can be counter productive
Challenging and Fast Paced
Administrator and Operations Manager-In-Training (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, British Columbia Canada27 December 2016
Very Busy and Challenging, always pressing you to your boundaries. The days went by very quickly and learned many new and excited tasks. Most challenging part of this job was solving the face to face customer escalations.
Very poor experience
Small Business Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2017
This company had the worse manager I have ever encountered and could not believe they would even hire this person. They did however quickly get rid of.
Pros
Cons
all