ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

Productive place
Service and Installation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 April 2017
Have to deal with tough customers. Union technicians are lazy. Some managers are not willing to help employees and work with them. Offers 24 hours security. Biggest alarm company in the world.
Learned about security systems industry
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
Assisted in setting up and coordinating of events held by ADT. Went b2b informing home owners, about ADT security systems and product sales. Which would also benefit ther home insurance.
Good company to work for.
Network Administrator - Novell et NT (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC29 March 2017
Good opportunity for growth and advancement.
Centrally located right outside a metro station.
Good company moral and very nice management staffed.
The company did not have however have a clear company agenda.
Pros
Good Opportunity for Growth.
Cons
Short company plans.
Nice place to work.
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC29 March 2017
It was a great experience working for this employer. Learned a alot about security systems but it also allowed me to acquire a vast experience in customer service techniques.
Pros
Good general ambiance, nice co;workers.
Cons
Low salary, variable shifts
My first admin job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 March 2017
This was a fun place to work, it had a great atmosphere most people laughed and had positive outlooks on everything, I had my issues with on co-worker but I just avoided any situation that wasn't work related. She has worked there for 20+ years before I was hired and we just had very different personalities. I got a lot great with my boss, we are still friends to this day. It was a great experience for my first admin job, I did learn a lot.
Pros
made a life long friend
Cons
Not getting along with the women who worked there for 20+ years
Very poor experience
Small Business Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2017
This company had the worse manager I have ever encountered and could not believe they would even hire this person. They did however quickly get rid of.
Pros
Cons
all
COMMERCIAL ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2017
Fortune 500 company. Several opportunities for advancement. It seemed that with the company beng as big as it is that some local issues can be hidden from the greater establishment by local upper management.
Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 January 2017
Great organization but lacks management aptitude to retain good sales people. The worst training program for new hires. Because of lack of proper product knowledge and training the turn over is very high
Pros
Good benefits
not a good company to work for
special operations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 December 2016
the company was great to work for at first, but there is not much room for advancement. managers do not care about their employees so it makes for a very crummy morale.
Challenging and Fast Paced
Administrator and Operations Manager-In-Training (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, British Columbia Canada27 December 2016
Very Busy and Challenging, always pressing you to your boundaries. The days went by very quickly and learned many new and excited tasks. Most challenging part of this job was solving the face to face customer escalations.
Great Fun Positive People to Work With THat Are Efficent
Owner/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2016
Great Fun Positive People to Work With THat Are Efficent In there day to Day Activites . Also Always Making Sure Our CLients Get THe Best Service
Great place to learn
Sales Director, Commercial SMB (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 November 2016
It was a great place to learn for a junior, however, it was a challenge because of the compensation plan. It was commissioned only for them. It took a while to get the confidence and the “know how” to get sufficient sales volume to build a decent salary. The result was a very high turn over in the sales force. Many were called but only a few were chosen at the end of the day.
For the manager, it was a constant go back to square one. After a while it gets to you because making quotas become more and more difficult because of the heavy turn around in sales staff. On top of managing daily activities, one must carry on looking for new staff, train them, go out and about with them without neglecting those who are being successful. At one point in time one gets to ask himself what comes first the egg or the chicken.
A small base salary, to take care of a minimal “security” aspect would secure a “safer” environment for the sales force and would limit the turn over in staff. Event the best one had bad months and were not able to make ends meat at home. Some were leaving after being trained appropriately and starting to experience success because they could no longer pay for gasoline to come to work. It was brutal, when anyone had a bad month. A minimum allocation would have ironed out those issues and a more stable sales force would help reach quotas faster and more often than ever other months.
A sales rep under financial pressure does not show the confidence required to close sales smoothly, one gets pushy and potential client gets cold and push back by getting less responsive.
Pros
excellent opportunity to learn and grow
Cons
pressure to achieve under financial stress can be counter productive
Tremendous experience with people Skills
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2016
Amazing experience
learning on daily basis,
Team coordination
Dead lines for completing targets
Competitor challenges
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
long hours drive
re-structuring
Business Operations Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 October 2016
Having worked 28 years in a company, every day continues to be a learning experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is when customer's experience is a success and at times could be a challenge trying to keep a client who might have had issues along the way.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
distance from home
An opportunity to learn
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2016
The North America's largest electronic security services company. Provides numerous benefits to employee. I have been given the customer care and support training that i enjoyed the most. Uses multiple techniques to lean and enjoy.
Service to nation, helping them to protect people &things they value most
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2016
It's been great experience to work with a company, having big name in security industry for more than 120 years. It's great honor for me to work for peopleto design their security systems that provides them peace of mind.
Pros
Work independently with flexibility of timing
Cons
Unlimited working hours
Productive, Not very compromising
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2016
Working for ADT gave me a lot of experience working with customers. However, they do not offer a lot of time to meet with family or plan events for weekends.

I found myself missing home more and more as my weekends were always filled with work where as the middle of my week my family was working, and living in a town away from me means travelings during the week isn't optional.

Changes come quite often and not always with the best instructions on how to implement them.

They did provide satisfactory training but i think their goals have become more quality driven and business driven versus customer driven and quality.

If you're okay with the strict schedule set by ADT, then by all means, apply to work here.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment, thorough training
Cons
Lack of weekends off, hard to see family or plan for events.
Large Call Center
Overnight guard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 September 2016
As a well know entity ADT service major areas and provide multiple services related to home and business security.

80% of the work is dealing with angry customer and new installations issues.

Call center is a giant melting pot and easy to make good friends, sense of humor needed as some days are bad days.
Pros
Coworkers.
Cons
Schedule conflicts, Long hours.
Office Work and Assistance
Security Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2016
A typical day at this position I found to be very memorable as I was overseeing the scheduling and arranging of Security Professionals at various site.
Pros
Team setting
Cons
Site contract discontinued
Used to be a wonderful environment but has been progressively eroded by senior management
IT Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2016
This is a company with a lot of really smart, caring employees. However the success of the company has been seriously hampered by poor customer relations and bad business decisions, that were seemingly made to improve out going executive payouts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.